|This article belongs to the Classic Continuity.|
Xenocytes are small purple creatures with a singular eye containing a red pupil, a small black slit iris and green sclera. They have six tentacles, a visible brain and a black line which runs down the center, around their eye and mouth.
As they attach to their host, they take over the personalities of the people they possess and control them by hacking their DNA. Within hours, the Xenocyte will completely cover the host's body, transforming him into a DNAlien. Xenocyte eggs are created from an egg-laying machine. The eggs hatch underwater in large artificial green rivers. After hatching, the Xenocytes are stored in boxes filled with DNAlien slime.
In Simian Says, Arachnichimp bounty hunter Simian brought a Xenocyte queen home and sold it to a crime lord named Mizaru. When Mizaru released the Xenocyte, it infected him and began spreading more Xenocytes throughout all of Aranhaschimmia. Eunice, with the help of Simian and Ben's Team, were able to reverse the effect and cure all the Arachnichimps, and destroy the Xenocyte that started it all.
Powers and Abilities
It merges and changes the host into a DNAlien. Taking the characteristics of the host species it attaches and giving it standard abilities of a DNAlien. It even can reprogram mind of the host after the merger. They also have sharp teeth to bite with as well as agility that they use to avoid attacks and to quickly latch on to a victim.
|This section needs expanding. You can help by adding info.|
The Omnitrix genetic repair can separate the Xenocytes from the host, thus negating the DNAlien tranformation.
The DNA Repair Guns can transform DNAliens back into human, As result, destroying the Xenocytes.
Xenocyte is made of two words xeno, meaning "foreigner" or "stranger" and cyte meaning "cell". It also comnines the words “xeno” and “parasite”, which is a creature that survives by invading larger organisms and feeds of their body mass. The larger organism is harmed in the process. In this case, Xenocites invade an organism by attaching to its face, and feeding on its DNA by the hour until the host body is completely covered.
- Xenocyte DNA was in the Codon Stream, as it was sampled in Max Out, but the Codon Stream noticed that they are non-sentient, so it deleted the DNA.
- In the Ben 10: Alien Force video game, Xenocytes can turn other alien species into DNAliens; not just humans. These examples include DNAliens of Pyronites, Vulpimancers, Florauna, Osmosians and Null Guardians. However, they seem incapable of turning silicon based lifeforms like Crystalsapiens (and Petrosapiens into DNAliens.
- In the show Xenocytes can turn Arachnichimps into DNAliens
- Xenocytes are similar to Head crabs from the "Half-Life" franchise (a video game series). They are both parasite like creatures from another world and can control a person by latching on their head and can mutate their bodies.
- They are also similar to Facehuggers from the Alien franchise, as they latch onto humans in order to create more Xenomorphs.