|This article belongs to the Classic Continuity|
|Click here to see the Reboot Continuity version of this article|
|“||You may control every last person... But what about a plant?||”|
- 1 Appearance
- 2 Powers and Abilities
- 3 Weaknesses
- 4 History
- 5 Appearances
- 6 Video Games
- 7 Naming and Translations
- 8 Etymology
- 9 Trivia
- 10 References
Ben as Wildvine
Wildvine is a humanoid plant with one eye in the middle of his face, five vine-like legs, four long fingers on his hands, flytrap-shaped flaps with teeth covering his head, and pods on his back that he can use as explosives or smoke bombs.
In the original series, Wildvine had green skin, five legs, the eye on his head was blue, and he had secondary eyes of the same color on each of his shoulders. He wore the original Omnitrix symbol on his chest.
In Back with a Vengeance, Wildvine wore a yellow raincoat.
In Ultimate Alien, Wildvine looked mostly the same as before, except his skin was recolored brownish-green, his flytrap teeth were recolored black, and his primary eye, secondary eyes, and Ultimatrix symbol were all recolored green.
In Omniverse, Wildvine regains the green skin color from the original series, he now has only four legs, and his fingers are much shorter and thicker. The secondary eyes on his shoulders are replaced with patches of light green similar to those on his hands. He also now has a blue tongue, his teeth are more neat and his chin and flytrap teeth are bigger. 16-year-old Wildvine wears the Omnitrix symbol on a green and white belt.
In Breakpoint, 16-year-old Wildvine wore two red and white wristbands on his wrists, a white sweatband on his forehead, a white gym towel around his neck, and a larger tan belt over his Omnitrix belt.
11-year-old Ben as Wildvine in Omniverse looks the same as his 16-year-old self, but wears the original Omnitrix symbol (which has been recolored green) on his chest to reflect his original appearance.
Ken as Wildvine
Ken's Wildvine looked the same as 10-year-old Wildvine in the original series.
Albedo as Negative Wildvine
Negative Wildvine looks just like 16-year-old Wildvine in Omniverse, but is greenish-brown with a red eye and his flytrap teeth are black. Negative Wildvine wears a red and white belt with a red Ultimatrix symbol on it.
Gwen 10 as Wildvine
Gwen 10 as Wildvine looks similar to her male counterpart, but her body is shaped like a dress. Her fly trap is much larger and she has bulb-like hair with a ponytail, along with dark green lips. She has a skirt-like structure on her waist which covers the top of her leg tendrils. She lacks the spikes that Ben's Wildvine has on his arms, legs, and chest and she has one glowing pink eye. She wears the Omnitrix symbol, which is the same color as her eye, on her stomach.
Powers and Abilities
Wildvine can grow and alter the size of his body like a real plant but also retract it again at will. He can also grow and extend his arms, legs and fingers into vine-like tentacles to grab and restrain others. He is also extremely flexible due to his plant-like body.
Wildvine's vines are strong enough to lift two weights while supporting himself. He can also increase the size of them.
Wildvine can grow black fruit like pods on his back that contain a whole host of substances (lethal and non-lethal), allowing him to use them as explosives or smoke bombs, as mentioned above. His pods can also grow vines.
Wildvine can grow skewers on his legs to knock down enemies, as well as grow sharp thorns on his body. He is also highly agile, as he can spin in the air to disperse his fruit bombs, and throw them into the air, basically firing on his enemies.
Wildvine possesses enhanced strength, as he was able to trap a Loboan in his tendrils, stop a falling cargo lift from landing on Max and Gwen and hold it for a short time, and easily break rocks with his bare hands.
Wildvine is capable of quickly tunneling underground.
Wildvine is immune to the effects of gases, such as a flame retardant.
Although he as never trained himself to do so, Wildvine can grow vines, thorns, fruits or flowers in many different bright colors and variations, depending on the conditions of the environment. He also has a connection to his species' unique communication system, allowing him to speak with other Florauna.
Wildvine's vines can be tangled. He can also be tangled up in his own vines.
Despite his enhanced strength, Wildvine can still have difficulty lifting certain objects with his bare hands, such as heavyweights.
Wildvine's vines can be used to throw him around.
If Wildvine stretches himself too much, his arms will stay stretched and unable to shorten.
Being a plant-based alien, Wildvine is vulnerable to fire and cold.
Prior to Ben 10
- Myaxx obtained the Florauna DNA sample for Wildvine and unknowingly added Ghostfreak's Ectonurite DNA to the Omnitrix as well when she did not realize Zs'Skayr possessed the Florauna that was being sampled.[pop-up 1]
- Wildvine first appeared in Camp Fear, where he was accidentally unlocked by Ben and battled the Mycelium until he reverted.
- In Tough Luck, Wildvine saved Max and Gwen from falling and defeated Hex and Charmcaster.
- In Back with a Vengeance, Wildvine appeared thrice. Firstly, he was used by the Master Control. Later, Wildvine appeared in a photo with Max and Gwen. Finally, in the Null Void, Wildvine defeated a trio of Null Guardians before switching into Heatblast.
- In Midnight Madness, Wildvine defeated Sublimino.
- In Super Alien Hero Buddy Adventures, Wildvine followed Kane North to his hideout, defeated an animatronic dragon, saved Tim Dean, and fought the former until he reverted.
- In Benwolf, Wildvine saved Max and Wes from falling to their deaths and battled the Werewolf until he reverted.
- In Under Wraps, Wildvine fed some pigs.
- In The Visitor, Wildvine spied on Xylene and Max.
Five Years Prior to Omniverse
- In Ben Again, Wildvine was used by 16-year-old Ben in 11-year-old Ben's body to battle Eon alongside 11-year-old Ben as 16-year-old Arctiguana.
- In Evil's Encore, Wildvine was used to help get through the Plumber Base that was being controlled by Dr. Animo.
- In Outbreak, Wildvine battled Rook in a training session before switching into Humungousaur.
- In The Ultimate Heist, Negative Wildvine trapped Rook, Argit, Fistina, and Solid Plugg in his vines. Later, Negative Wildvine defeated Inspector 13.
- In Rad Monster Party, Wildvine defeated Kuphulu.
- In And Then There Were None, Gwen 10 as Wildvine fought against the evil Bens and protected No Watch Ben.
- In And Then There Was Ben, Gwen 10 as Wildvine fought Benzarro as Frankenstrike.
- In Rook Tales, Wildvine was defeated by Kundo.
- In Breakpoint, Wildvine was used to go undercover in Fistrick's gang thrice.
- In Let's Do the Time War Again, Skurd gave Feedback Wildvine's tendrils to battle Subdora.
- In A New Dawn, Wildvine appeared for a short time when Ben was cycling through his aliens.
Goodbye and Good Riddance (What-If?)
- In Goodbye and Good Riddance, Wildvine battled some criminals who hijacked a blimp.
- Season 2
- Camp Fear (first appearance; accidental transformation)
- Tough Luck (selected alien was Four Arms)
- Back with a Vengeance (x3)
- Season 3
- Midnight Madness
- Benwolf (selected alien was Stinkfly)
- Super Alien Hero Buddy Adventures (selected alien was XLR8)
- Under Wraps
- The Visitor
- Season 4
- Goodbye and Good Riddance (non-canon)
- Season 4
- 16-year-old Ben
- Season 2
- Outbreak (first reappearance by 16-year-old Ben)
- Season 5
- Season 7
- Season 8
- A New Dawn (cameo)
- 11-year-old Ben
- Season 3
- Ben Again (first reappearance by 11-year-old Ben; used by 16-year-old Ben in 11-year-old Ben's body)
- Season 4
- Season 4
- The Ultimate Heist (x2)
- Gwen 10
- Season 5
- Season 8
Wildvine is a playable character in the game.
Wildvine can cross gaps and swing through them. He can grow spikes on his legs, then slam them down on enemies, as well as spin in the air to scatter seed bombs, or throw seed bombs into the air, raining them down on his enemies. Wildvine can also stretch his arms.
Wildvine also has a DNA Force and Dark Heroes skin.
Wildvine is a playable alien in the game (by both 11-year-old and 16-year-old Ben; not on DS or 3DS).
Wildvine is one of the aliens used by 10-year-old Ben.
Naming and Translations
|Albanian||Hardhia e Xhunglës||From hardhia (vine) and e xhunglës (of the jungle)|
|Bulgarian||Плевел||From плевел/plevel, weed|
|Chinese||野魔藤||From 野 (Yě), wild and 魔 (Mó), magic and 藤 (Téng), vine|
|Croatian||Vinjaga||From vinjaga, wildvine|
|Dutch||Wildtak/Wildrank||From wild and tak/rank, vine|
|French||Végétal||From végétal, vegetal|
|German||Kletterrebe||From kletterrebe, vine|
|Greek||Αγριοκληματσίδα||From άγριος, wild and κλήμα, vine|
|Hungarian||Venyige||From venyige, vine|
|Italian||Vite Elastica||From vite, vine and elastica, elastic|
|Korean||루트맨||From 루트, root and 맨, man|
|Polish||Dzikie Pnącze||From dzikie, wild and pnącze, vine|
|Portuguese (Br)||Vinha Selvagem/Cipó Selvagem||From vinha/cipó, vine/liana and selvagem, wild.|
|Romanian||Wildvine||From the original English name|
|From лоза, vine|
From дикая, wild and лоза, vine
|Serbian||Диволоза/Divoloza||From дивље/divlje, wild and лоза/loza, vine|
|Spanish (HA)||Wildvine||From the original English name.|
|Spanish (Spain)||Malayerba||From hierba mala, bad grass|
Wildvine's name is a combination of the words "wild" and "vine".
- When Ben transformed into Wildvine in the original series, a sound could be heard that sounded like a raspy voice saying "vine".
- Wildvine's Ultimate Alien color scheme is similar to those of the Florauna tribe found on Xenon from Secret of the Omnitrix.
- Wildvine's voice has changed over the course of his appearance in the classic continuity:
- Chap Yaep designed Gwen 10's Wildvine.[DJW 2]
- The bulb-like hair of Gwen 10's Wildvine is similar to the hair of Princess Leia from the Star Wars franchise.
- The Omnitrix symbol on Gwen 10's version of Wildvine is circular like her male counterparts, instead of having a cat-like shape like Gwen's other aliens.
- Wildvine and Ditto are the only aliens to be manually (and accidentally) unlocked by Ben.