|This article belongs to the Classic Timeline|
The Werewolf resembled Blitzwolfer's appearance in the original series, except his eyes were purple and he wore no clothes. He also obviously lacked an Omnitrix symbol.
The Werewolf first appeared in Benwolf, where it was sent by Dr. Viktor to steal communications equipment from a Navajo Indian reservation. Ben, Gwen, and Max were visiting the reservation at the time, and encountered the Loboan. At first, it was believed to be a Navajo werewolf known as a Yenaldooshi, hence it was given that name for the entirety of the episode (though not in consequent appearances). Ben first fought the Werewolf as Wildvine. During the battle, he was bitten. When the Omnitrix timed out, the Werewolf attacked Ben and inadvertently scratched the Omnitrix, causing the device to become stuck between Capture Mode and Active Mode. This caused Ben to undergo a gradual transformation into Blitzwolfer, as the DNA from the Codon Stream was unable to be used all at once. However, everyone believed that Ben was actually turning into a werewolf. They tried to destroy the Werewolf with a silver pendant covered in the juice of a rare cactus, but were surprised when it failed. It was only after Blitzwolfer's transformation was complete and the Omnitrix symbol appeared on his stomach that they realized that they were dealing with an alien werewolf. The Werewolf later seemed to be killed in a cave-in during a second battle with Cannonbolt, but survived and the device it built from the stolen communications equipment activated without the Tennysons knowing.
In The Return, the Werewolf returns with its device, which is part of Zs'Skayr's plan to block out the light of Earth's sun. It frees the Mummy from its prison, and the two then join Dr. Viktor at Cape Canaveral. The Werewolf attacked Ben in a G-force trainer, and later with its two teammates in the NASA graveyard. Afterwards, it was teleported back to New Mexico to activate the satellite machine it had constructed.
In Be Afraid of the Dark, the Werewolf transmitter explodes when Grandpa Max rams a space shuttle into Zs'Skayr's Corrodium projector with the Werewolf right next to it. It's unknown if the explosion killed him or if he survived.
Powers and Abilities
Being a Loboan, the Werewolf shares many of its abilities with Blitzwolfer.
The Werewolf can produce extreme sonic howls through it’s mouth, and can split it into two to increase the sound.
The Werewolf has immense strength.
- Unlike the rest of his species, the Werewolf does not wear clothes or speak. This is because when he first appeared, he was supposed to give the impression of being a savage mythical monster, and only later be revealed as an alien. No extensive plans were made yet to further develop his species.[TP 1]
- The name Yenaldooshi is the Navajo word for the shapeshifting witches called skin-walkers.
- Blitzwolfer's DNA was already in the Omnitrix; Ben misunderstood what the Omnitrix was doing when it "sampled" the Werewolf's DNA.[DM 1][DM 2]
- Though most Loboan adults have red and pale orange eyes,[pop-up 1] the Werewolf has purple eyes, a hint at his connection with Zs'Skayr.
The name Yenaldooshi is derived from yee naaldlooshii, a Navajo term for mythological shapeshifting witches known as Skin-walkers.
- In the show, however, Yenaldooshi refers to a kind of Werewolf and god in (fictitious) Navajo folklore, and whose presence is a sign of pure evil. The Yenaldooshi's power is at its greatest on a full moon, and it can create others in its exact image by biting them; when it does, those followers will seek to destroy those closest to them. The only way to reverse its spell is to stop the Yenaldooshi, by dipping a silver pendant in the juice of an Arbol Del Matrimonio cactus and pressing it against its heart, which must be done before a full moon.