|This article belongs to the Reboot Continuity|
|Click here to see the Classic Continuity version of this article|
|“||Wow, he got way big!||”|
– Gwen witnessing this transformation.
Way Big is a white colossal humanoid creature with a large blade-like fin on his head, which is red at the front and black with a small green stripe at the bottom. He has blade-like growths on his shoulders and spikes on his waist of the same color. His arms are white with two black straps and one red fin on each of his elbows, similar to the one on his head but without the green stripe. He also has what appears to be black and red fingerless gloves on his wrists.
His legs are also white with red boot-like feet that have one white stripe each. He has green eyes on his head with two metallic secondary eyes protruding on each of his cheeks. He has three black lines on the side of his neck, which also has a big black area in the shape of a "T" starting from underneath his chin. The red parts of his body are made of an unknown cosmic material with metallic properties.
Way Big wears the Omnitrix symbol on his chest.
Powers and Abilities
Way Big is very strong, even for his size. Technically speaking, he is powerful enough to destroy a small planet.[JK 1]
Way Big has great durability, being able to withstand attacks from enemies while barely even feeling them. He is also resistant to extreme temperatures.
Way Big can shoot a powerful green cosmic ray from the outer edge of his right hand by crossing his arms together in an X shape.
Due to the nature of his species' creation, Way Big can survive in the vacuum of space.
Given how the red parts of his body have metallic properties, Way Big can use his sharp arm blades to deflect energy attacks, such as an optic laser.
Due to his size, Way Big cannot be used inside buildings or confined spaces.
Despite his immense strength, Way Big is physically weaker than opponents with sufficient strength.
- Way Big first appears in Ben 10 Versus the Universe: The Movie, where he battles and eventually defeats Alien V.
- Ben 10 Versus the Universe: The Movie (first appearance)
Too Big to Fall
Way Big is the featured alien playable in the Cartoon Network Arcade Game Too Big to Fall.
Way Big is also an Uncommon figure in the app.
Naming and Translations
|Portuguese (Br)||Gigante||From gigante, giant|
|Russian||Супербольшой||From cупер/super, super and большой, big|
|Spanish (HA)||Muy Grande||From muy, very and grande, big|
- Way Big was first hinted to appear in the reboot by Duncan Rouleau, when he was asked which aliens from previous series will appear on the show.[DR 1] He was eventually confirmed to appear when he was revealed in the trailer for Ben 10 Versus the Universe. However, the crew originally intended for Way Big's appearance in the movie to be a "big surprise" before it was spoiled by the trailer.[DR 2]
- Diamondhead, Cannonbolt, and Way Big are the only aliens to have appeared in every series in the franchise, including the reboot.
- Just like his Classic counterpart, Way Big's first appearance was in a movie and during a fight with Vilgax.
- Way Big's design in the reboot is heavily based on his Classic counterpart's design in Omniverse with minor altercations such as a green stripe on the black portion of his head fin.
- Likewise, the execution of his cosmic ray attack is the same as in that show (i.e. arms crossed in an "X" shape, cosmic rays colored green).
- Way Big is one of four regular aliens to only be used once on-screen in the reboot, the other being Goop, Spidermonkey, and Buzzshock.
- Way Big is the first Original Series alien to be introduced in reboot movies, the other being Ripjaws, and Buzzshock.
- Way Big is the only Season 4 Alien to not originally debut in Alien Force.
|Introduced in Season 1||Cannonbolt • Diamondhead • Four Arms • Gax • Grey Matter • Heatblast • Overflow • Stinkfly • Upgrade • Wildvine • XLR8|
|Introduced in Season 2||Rath • Shock Rock|
|Introduced in Season 3||Humungousaur • Slapback|
|Introduced in Season 4||Goop • Jetray • Way Big|
|Introduced in Season 5||Alien X • Big Chill • Bloxx • Buzzshock • Chromastone • Ripjaws • Spidermonkey • Surge|
|Omni-Enhanced Aliens||Cannonbolt • Diamondhead • Four Arms • Grey Matter • Heatblast • Overflow • Stinkfly • Wildvine • XLR8|
|Omni-Kix Aliens||Cannonbolt • Diamondhead • Four Arms • Heatblast • Humungousaur • Jetray • Rath • Shock Rock • Slapback • XLR8|
|Omni-Naut Aliens||Heatblast • Jetray • Humungousaur • Shock Rock|
|Fusion Aliens||Amalgam Alien • Amalgam Ben • Grey Arms • XLRArmBlastDiamondHeat|
|Non-Canon Aliens||Banana Alien • Black Hat Alien • Hotdawg • Mole-Stache • Scooter Alien|
|Non-Canon Fusion Aliens||Omnitrix Glitch Fusion • Diamondhead-Humungousaur Fusion • Rath Arms • Shock Blast|