|This article belongs to the Classic Continuity|
|Click here to see the Reboot Continuity version of this article|
Ben as Way Big
Way Big is a white colossal humanoid creature with a large fin on his head, which is black at the front and red at the bottom. He has blade-like growths on his shoulders and spikes on his waist. He also has red arms with two black lines and white fins on the elbows, wristband like outgrowths on his wrists and yellow eyes on his head with two extra eyes protruding on his cheeks, one on each. He has red feet with two toes, a black sandal-like covering on the middle of his feet and three black lines on the side of his neck. The red parts of Way Big's body are made of an unknown cosmic material with metallic properties.[DJW 1]
In Alien Force and Ultimate Alien, Way Big's fin was red on the front and black on the bottom, his arms were white with red fins coming out of them and his neck and wrists were black. Way Big's eyes are green and he did not bear the extra ones on his cheeks. He lacked the stripes on his arms as well as the blades on his shoulders and waist. He also had red boot-like feet and did not have the sandal-like coverings.
In Destroy All Aliens, Way Big looked mostly the same as in Alien Force and Ultimate Alien, except the red parts were colored to match his portrayal in the original series.
In Omniverse, Way Big has two red lines on his neck, the blades on his shoulders and waist have returned and are red and he also has black fingerless gloves, similar to the ones Four Arms wears in the same series. He is now more muscular, his head is less skull-shaped, he has eyes on his cheeks again, which are more metallic. The fins on his arms are longer and he has regained the stripes on his arms and legs. Uniquely, both 16 and 11-year-old Way Big share the exact same design.
Ben 10,000 as Way Big
Ben 10,000's Way Big looked identical to 10-year-old Way Big in the original series.
Mad Ben as Mad Way Big
Mad Ben's Way Big is near identical to Ben Prime's Way Big in Omniverse, except for orange replacing the eyes and the red parts. He also wears gray shoulder pads with orange spikes, spiked shoes, and orange wraps around his forearms and calves. His arm and head blades are also serrated.
Powers and Abilities
Way Big is very strong (even for his size), as shown when he defeated Vilgax (who was Way Big's size at the time) and threw him into orbit. Technically speaking, he is powerful enough to destroy a small planet.[JK 1]
Way Big has great durability, being able to withstand attacks from enemies while barely even feeling them. He is also resistant to extreme temperatures.
Way Big can shoot a powerful cosmic ray[DM 1] from the outer edge of his right hand by crossing his arms together.
Due to the nature of his species' creation, Way Big can survive in the vacuum of space.
Way Big has enhanced speed, similar to XLR8 and Fasttrack albeit with him leaving a red and white trail behind. Way Big also has a massive stride, so he can get to his destination quicker than other aliens.[DJW 2]
Way Big sometimes forgets how strong he is, as shown when he accidentally destroyed the statue of Zabin by leaning on it. His size also gives him a slight mobility issue, since he has to be careful where he steps to avoid crushing objects and people around him, and easily gives his location away.
Because of his size, Way Big cannot be used inside buildings or confined spaces.
Despite his immense durability, Way Big is weak against opponents with sufficient strength, such as a giant Trombipulor. He also felt pain when Vilgax clawed his hand while Way Big was holding him.
Way Big can be harmed by high-pitched noises, such as a Sonorosian's sonic screams, if they were to get close enough to his ears.[DJW 4] This weakness was first referenced when Shocksquatch made an unsuccessful attempt at attacking a Way Bad using a megaphone made from Echo Echo's DNA.
- Way Big first appeared in Ben 10: Secret of the Omnitrix, where he was unlocked by Azmuth and defeated Vilgax and his army.
- In Ben 10: Destroy All Aliens, Way Big battled Evil Way Big.
Five Years Prior to Omniverse
- In Special Delivery, Way Big battled Dr. Animo's mosquito creature.
- In From Hedorium to Eternity, Way Big survived a massive fall and stopped Gwen, Lucy, and Jonesy from falling.
- In War of the Worlds: Part 1, Way Big was reunlocked by the Master Control, and failed to destroy a Hyperspace Jump Gate to stop the Highbreed.
- In Vengeance of Vilgax: Part 2, Way Big was one of the aliens who escaped from the Omnitrix. He was lured back to Ben by Kevin and Gwen, where the Omnitrix reabsorbed him.
- In Simple, Way Big managed to stop the war between the red and blue armies - resulting in them both teaming up against him.
- In Primus, Way Big defeated a giant Vilgax.
- In Video Games, Way Big crushed the Stalker and Will Harangue's car.
- In Absolute Power: Part 1, Way Big defeated Gwen.
- In Ben 10,000 Returns, Way Big tried to destroy the Hands of Armageddon with his cosmic ray and the help of Ultimate Ben, who used Clockwork's powers, but was destroyed by Eon's time ray. After Eon was defeated, however, Way Big was restored by Ben 10,000.
- In The Perfect Girlfriend, Way Big destroyed two monster buildings created by Elena.
- In The Ultimate Sacrifice, Way Big battled the Sentient Ultimate forms, but was defeated by Sentient Ultimate Humungousaur.
- In The Widening Gyre, Way Big fought the Garbage Monster and threw it into the sun by creating a water vortex.
- In Ben 10-Generator Rex: Heroes United, Way Big appeared as one of the many aliens when Ben was explaining his story to Rex.
- In Inspector 13, Kevin as Way Big briefly appeared before turning into Nanomech.
- In The Ultimate Enemy: Part 2, Way Big went Ultimate to battle Dagon.
- In Blukic and Driba Go to Mr. Smoothy's, Way Big was defeated by a giant Trombipulor, forcing him to switch into Goop.
- In Showdown: Part 2, Way Big battled Malware.
- In The Frogs of War: Part 1, Way Big accidentally destroyed a building before the Randomizer switched him into NRG.
- In The Frogs of War: Part 2, Way Big battled the Way Bads and destroyed Emperor Milleous' ship.
- In Universe vs. Tennyson, Way Big defeated Trombipulor by stepping on him.
- In It's a Mad, Mad, Mad Ben World: Part 2, Mad Way Big battled Rath and Lightning Volt, but was defeated by Nanomech.
- In A New Dawn, Way Big appeared for a short time when Ben was cycling through his aliens.
- Ben 10,000
- Season 4
- Season 2
- War of the Worlds: Part 1 (first reappearance)
- Season 3
- Season 3
- Season 1
- Video Games (first reappearance)
- Season 2
- Season 3
- Ben 10,000 Returns (destroyed; restored)
- The Perfect Girlfriend
- The Ultimate Sacrifice
- The Widening Gyre
- The Ultimate Enemy: Part 2 (goes Ultimate)
- Season 3
- 16-year-old Ben
- Season 2
- Blukic and Driba Go to Mr. Smoothy's (first reappearance by 16-year-old Ben)
- Showdown: Part 2 (accidental transformation)
- Season 3
- Season 6
- Universe vs. Tennyson (cameo)
- Season 8
- A New Dawn (cameo)
- 11-year-old Ben
- Season 3
- Special Delivery (first reappearance by 11-year-old Ben)
- Season 8
- Mad Ben
- Season 7
- Cartoon Network Action Packs
- Black Knight's Flight
- Chapter Books
Way Big is used by Ben during The Final Battle against the Evil Way Big in Tokyo, Japan. Way Big used the Potis Altiare to enhance the power of his cosmic rays to the level where it was powerful enough to launch the Evil Way Big to the Moon.
Naming and Translations
|Albanian||Më i Madhi||From më i madhi, the biggest|
|Arabic||واي بيج||Transliteration of "Way Big"|
|Chinese||超巨人||From 超 (Chāo), super and 巨人 (Jǜ Rén), giant|
|Croatian||Golijat||From David and the Goliath from the Bible|
|Dutch||Heel Groot/Megareus||From heel, very, groot, tall and reus, giant|
|French||Géant||From géant, giant|
|German||Superriese||From super and riese, giant|
|Greek||Μεγάλος||From big guy|
|Hebrew||וויי ביג||from the original English name|
|Italian||Gigante||From "gigante," giant|
|Polish|| Największy (Ben 10: Secret of the Omnitrix)|
Way Big (other series)
| From największy, the biggest|
From the original English name
|Portuguese (Br)||Grandão / Gigante||From grandão, big guy and gigante, giant. In Primus he is called "Grau Gigante" (Giant Degree), and in his first appearance he is called "Bem Grandão" (Way Big Guy).|
|Romanian||Uriasul||From urias, giant|
| From cупер/super, super and большой, big|
From cупер/super, super and огромный, huge
From великан, giant
|Spanish (HA)|| Muy Grande|
Grandote (Ken 10 and Ben 10: Destroy All Aliens)
| From muy, very and grande, big.|
From grandote, very big.
|Spanish (Spain)||Gigante||From gigante, giant|
|Turkish||Vey Big||Way Big|
- Way Big's original series design was created by Tom Perkins, while his Alien Force/Ultimate Alien one was created by Glenn Wong, with color styling by Chris Hooten.[GW 1]
- The parts of Way Big that has metallic properties can allow Osmosians like Kevin to absorb it.
- According to Derrick J. Wyatt, Way Big's enhanced speed was due to a glitch with the original Ultimatrix. This ability was removed from Way Big's DNA when Ben acquired the new Omnitrix in The Ultimate Enemy: Part 2.[DJW 8]
- Way Big is Ben's sixth most powerful alien.[DJW 9]
- Way Big's size is portrayed inconsistently in many of his appearances. His actual height is supposed to be 120 feet (36.576 meters) tall.[MW 2]
- Not counting Ball Weevil or Bloxx, Way Big and Snare-oh are the only aliens in Omniverse whose 16-year-old appearances look identical to their 11-year-old selves.
- Way Big's design and fighting style are based on the heroes of the Ultraman series. For example, Way Big's cosmic ray attack is similar to Ultraman's signature technique, the Specium Ray.
- Ironically, Way Big is vulnerable to electricity, whereas Ultraman is actually immune to it.
- Coincidentally, both the transformation durations of the Omnitrix and Ultraman had their own time limit settings.
- In Ultimate Alien, the cosmic ray attack was executed by crossing his arms in an "L" shape, with his right forearm vertical and left forearm horizontal in front of it and the thumb edge of his hands facing his body.
- In Omniverse, this move is slightly revised, as Way Big now crosses his arms in an "X" shape.
- Also in Omniverse, Way Big speaks with a Japanese accent, further comparing him to Ultraman.
- Way Big's cosmic rays were originally colored pale blue in Ultimate Alien before being recolored green in Omniverse.
- From Arc 4 of Omniverse onwards, Way Big is replaced with Toepick in the opening intro of the show, specifically in the part where the former used to appear alongside Shocksquatch, Bloxx and Crashhopper.
- When asked if Way Big can absorb cosmic energy, Derrick said that he probably could to some degree.[DJW 10]
- Way Big and Diamondhead are the only aliens who have ever defeated Vilgax.
- Way Big is one of four aliens to make their debut in a movie or special; the others being Eon, Nanomech and Shocksquatch.
- Way Big is one of four aliens to have been unlocked by Azmuth; the others being Murk Upchuck, Bullfrag, Atomix.
- Way Big is one of only five aliens who appeared in each series of the Classic Continuity; the other four are Upchuck, Cannonbolt, Diamondhead and Ghostfreak.
- So far, Diamondhead, Cannonbolt and Way Big are the only aliens to have appeared in every series in the franchise, including the reboot.
- Additionally, Way Big is one of the only five aliens who escaped from the original Omnitrix; the others are Spidermonkey, Goop, Ghostfreak and Chromastone.
- Furthermore, Way Big is one of four regular aliens to be temporarily destroyed and removed from the original Omnitrix/Ultimatrix, the others being Chromastone, Feedback, and Swampfire.
- ↑ Some end credits of Alien Force, Ultimate Alien, and Omniverse
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Ben 10: Secret of the Omnitrix
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Primus
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 The Frogs of War: Part 2
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 The Widening Gyre
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Blukic and Driba Go to Mr. Smoothy's
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Showdown: Part 2
- ↑ Simple
- ↑ Tetrax Shard
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 Ben 10: Destroy All Aliens
- ↑ War of the Worlds: Part 1
- ↑ Ben 10,000 Returns
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 It's a Mad, Mad, Mad Ben World: Part 2
- ↑ The Most Dangerous Game Show
- ↑ File:Way Big Unknown Cosmic Metal.png
- ↑ File:Way Big's Speed.png
- ↑ File:Whampire Can Control a To'kustar.PNG
- ↑ File:Way Bads Can Be Harmed By Echo Echo.png
- ↑ File:Upchuck May Eat a To'kustar.png
- ↑ File:Way Big Hephestan Neuro Grip.png
- ↑ File:Slapstrike Cannot Use Hephestan Neuro Grip on Way Big.png
- ↑ File:Way Big Speed Glitch.png
- ↑ link unavailable
- ↑ File:Way Big Cosmic Energy Absorption.png