|This article belongs to the Classic Continuity|
Water Hazard appears as a red, mollusk-like alien with green eyes, and a grey mouth that does not move when he speaks. Behind his legs and on the top of his arms are small spikes that are grey, there are black spots on his shoulders and legs, and on his hands, there are portholes, which he uses to shoot water. Water Hazard also has four fingers with claws on them and on each of his feet, there is a grey spike. His lower torso is grey, with two spikes on the side of it.
In Omniverse, Water Hazard now has four slitted eyes, and also has eye-like patterns on his chest, with crab-like features on his stomach which appear to be crab legs forming a rib cage. His hood looks a lot rougher than before, and he now has what appear to be barnacles on his shoulders, arms, legs, and hands (where he shoots the water). He also has three spikes on the back of his legs and seems to have cracks on his arms and shoulders. His fingers are sharper and represent dactyls (the "moveable finger" of a crab claw). His overall armor is a darker shade of red and his grey parts are now a violet shade of grey.
Powers and Abilities
Water Hazard can launch pressurized blasts of water through the portholes in his hands. These blasts normally consist of hot water, though he can change the temperature of his water powers from hot to cold. Using these same portholes, he can absorb moisture, including from the air.
Water Hazard has enhanced strength, as seen when he threw Buglizard into a nearby wall and punch craters into a concrete floor. He is also shown to be immune to gases, as he was unharmed by Buglizard's yellow spray.
Water Hazard can produce sharp streams of water and use them as whips.
Water Hazard can jump exceptionally high.
Although Water Hazard's armored exoskeleton allows him to feel little to no physical pain, he seems to instead be vulnerable to energy attacks and intense heat, such as that generated by a Prypiatosian-B.
- In Fame, Water Hazard's DNA was sampled and put in the Codon Stream when the Ultimatrix scanned Bivalvan's DNA.
- Water Hazard first appeared in Too Hot to Handle, where he pretended to be Bivalvan in a failed attempt to convince P'andor to go home. He was then defeated by P'andor, prompting Water Hazard to switch into Big Chill.
- In Hero Time, Water Hazard defeated Overlord.
- In Revenge of the Swarm, Water Hazard briefly battled a Victor Validus clone until it escaped.
- In Double or Nothing, Water Hazard defeated Swamps, but was defeated and frozen by Fridge, so he switched into NRG.
- In Night of the Living Nightmare, Water Hazard was seen confronting Albedo in a dream.
- In The More Things Change: Part 2, Water Hazard battled Buglizard with Rook's help.
- In Hot Stretch, Water Hazard cooled off Ester and her friends.
- In Tummy Trouble, Water Hazard sprayed Attea off the Proto-TRUK.
- In The Frogs of War: Part 1, Water Hazard fought the Incurseans before the Omnitrix's randomizer function made him switch into Astrodactyl.
- In Return to Forever, Water Hazard tried to break out of a force field, but was reverted by the Forever Knights' DNA scanner.
- In The Ultimate Heist, Water Hazard failed to stop Negative Goop from getting the Polymorphic Crystal.
- In For a Few Brains More, Water Hazard defeated Ultimate Panuncian.
- In Bengeance Is Mine, Water Hazard fought Sir Morton and the Forever Knights, but broke a pipe and eventually ruined Pakmar's shop.
- In Rook Tales, Water Hazard was defeated by Kundo.
- In A New Dawn, Water Hazard appeared for a short time when Ben was cycling through his aliens.
- Season 1
- Season 3
- Season 3
- Night of the Living Nightmare (cameo)
- Season 1
- Season 3
- Season 4
- Season 5
- Season 7
- Season 8
- A New Dawn (cameo)
- Ben 10: Omniverse
- Ben 10 (Issue 4)
Water Hazard is one of the Andromeda Galaxy aliens playable in the game.
Water Hazard can generate a water tornado and briefly levitate while launching water blasts. Also, he wields a water-whip that can destroy enemies.
Water Hazard is vital for progression on the Eiffel Tower and The Final Battle levels of the game.
Naming and Translations
|Bulgarian||Водовъртеж||From водовъртеж, whirlpool|
|Chinese||水霸天||From 水 (Shǔi), water and 霸天 (Bà Tiān), overlord|
|Croatian||Vodeni||From voda, water; the name is an adjective which means "water-based"|
|French||Hydro-Jet||From hydro, prefix linked to water and jet|
|German||Wasserschock||From wasser, water, and schock, shock|
|Greek||Επικίνδυνα Νερά||From επικίνδυνος, hazard, and νερό, water|
|Hebrew||בִּיוַלְוַאן||From the name of Bivalvan|
|Hungarian||Vizigót||From Vizigót, Visigoth, and víz, water|
|Italian||Sparacqua||From sparare, shoot, and acqua, water|
|Polish||Wodny Nahaj||From wodny, water and nahaj, whip|
|Portuguese (Br)||Ameaça Aquática||From ameaça, menace, and aquática, aquatic|
|Romanian||Bici de Apa||From bici de apa, water whip|
|Russian|| Водяная сила|
| From водяная сила, water strength|
From человек-вода, water -man
|Spanish (HA)||Amenaza Acuática||From amenaza, menace and acuática, aquatic|
|Swedish||Vattenfaran||From vatten, water and faran, hazard|
|Turkish||Su Kamçısı||From Su, water and Kamçı, whip|
Water Hazard's name comes from the term "fire hazard" which refers to an action which may cause a fire and water which refers to Water Hazard's water-based abilities. It is also due to the fact that fire is widely considered the opposite to water, which makes his name ironic.
- Each of Ben's Andromeda alien forms control a basic element. As his name suggests, Water Hazard commands water.
- Water Hazard is the first Andromeda alien Ben has scanned and used.
- Water Hazard's voice has changed a few times over the course of his appearances:
- When Water Hazard first appeared in Too Hot to Handle, his voice sounded exactly like Bivalvan's did in Escape from Aggregor and Ultimate Aggregor.
- Starting in Hero Time, his voice became deeper. The reason for this is that at first Water Hazard was supposed to be a clone of Bivalvan, but later changed to help differ him from Bivalvan.[DM 2]
- In Omniverse, his voice is slightly modified to sound like that of an underwater human.
- In Too Hot to Handle, Water Hazard's water was colored aqua green. In the rest of his appearances, it is colored blue like normal Earth water.
- Water Hazard's visor in Omniverse was designed by Steven Choi.[DJW 2]
- Water Hazard was the Alien of the Month in January 2011.
- In the mobile game, Xenodrome, his name was misspelled as "Waterhazard". This is also the case in the story books.
- In the online games, Game Creator and Omniverse Collection, Water Hazard shoots blobs of water in an upward tilted angle instead of just spraying it. He is also able to create a bubble shield to protect himself from lasers.