|This article belongs to the Classic Timeline|
|“||I was going for Big Chill, but I still think I can cool you off. First, some nice cold water! Then, I'll absorb the moisture from the air!||”|
- 1 Appearance
- 2 Powers and Abilities
- 3 Weaknesses
- 4 History
- 5 Appearances
- 6 Video Games
- 7 Naming and Translations
- 8 Etymology
- 9 Trivia
- 10 Notes
- 11 References
Water Hazard appears as a red, mollusk-like alien with green eyes, and a grey mouth that does not move when he speaks. Behind his legs and on the top of his arms are small spikes that are grey, there are black spots on his shoulders and legs, and on his hands, there are portholes, which he uses to shoot water. Water Hazard also has four fingers with claws on them and on each of his feet, there is a grey spike. His lower torso is grey, with two spikes on the side of it.
In Omniverse, Water Hazard now has four slitted eyes, and also has eye-like patterns on his chest, with crab-like features on his stomach which appear to be crab legs forming a ribcage. He has much less black spots than normal. His mouth has a line running through it, his hood looks a lot rougher than before, is bigger, and more hexagonal than before, and he now has what appear to be barnacle-like portholes on his shoulders, arms, legs, and hands, from which he shoots the water. Rather than circular shoulders, he now has shoulders that end in shoulder pad-like armor above his arm, with much less black markings. He also has three spikes on the back of his legs and seems to have cracks on his arms and shoulders. The red sections near his face are now shorter and seemingly connect to his head with silver wire-like sections. His fingers are sharper and resemble dactyls, the "moveable finger" of a crab pincer. He is taller and thinner, as well as his legs becoming much thinner. His overall armor is a darker shade of red, seemingly maroon, and his grey parts are now more violet.
Powers and Abilities
Water Hazard can launch pressurized blasts of water[note 1] through the portholes in his hands. These blasts normally consist of hot water, though he can change the temperature of his water powers from hot to cold. Using these same portholes, he can absorb moisture, including from the air.
Water Hazard is extremely durable, being able to withstand crashing into a wall seemingly painless. He has an armored exoskeleton that protects his body from damage, including physical attacks, thereby making him completely invulnerable.
Water Hazard appears to be immune to gases, as he was unharmed by Buglizard's yellow spray.
Water Hazard can produce sharp streams of water and use them as whips.
Water Hazard can jump exceptionally high.
Although his armored exoskeleton allows Water Hazard to feel little to no physical pain, there seems to be a limit to the exoskeleton's durability, as he felt pain from hitting his head against a pipe.
Being thrown can force Water Hazard to fire water blasts uncontrollably.
Water Hazard's water attacks can be ineffective and withstood against resilient objects and opponents.
- In Fame, Water Hazard's DNA was sampled and put in the Codon Stream when the Ultimatrix scanned Bivalvan's DNA.
- Water Hazard first appeared in Too Hot to Handle, where he pretended to be Bivalvan in a failed attempt to convince P'andor to go home. He was then defeated by P'andor, prompting Water Hazard to switch into Big Chill.
- In Hero Time, Water Hazard defeated Overlord.
- In Revenge of the Swarm, Water Hazard briefly battled a Victor Validus clone until it escaped.
- In Double or Nothing, Water Hazard defeated Swamps, but was defeated and frozen by Fridge, so he switched into NRG.
- In Night of the Living Nightmare, Water Hazard was seen confronting Albedo in a dream.
- In The More Things Change: Part 2, Water Hazard battled Buglizard with Rook's help.
- In Hot Stretch, Water Hazard cooled off Ester and her friends.
- In Tummy Trouble, Water Hazard sprayed Attea off the Proto-TRUK.
- In The Frogs of War: Part 1, Water Hazard "accidentally" incapacitated Will Harangue, put out a fire accidentally caused by NRG, and fought some Incurseans before the Omnitrix's randomizer function switched him into Astrodactyl.
- In Return to Forever, Water Hazard tried to break out of a force field, but was reverted by the Forever Knights' DNA scanner.
- In The Ultimate Heist, Water Hazard failed to stop Negative Goop from getting the Polymorphic Crystal.
- In For a Few Brains More, Water Hazard defeated Ultimate Panuncian.
- In Bengeance Is Mine, Water Hazard fought Sir Morton and the Forever Knights until Pakmar's shop got flooded.
- In Rook Tales, Water Hazard was defeated by Kundo.
- In A New Dawn, Water Hazard appeared for a short time when Ben was cycling through his aliens.
- Season 1
- Season 3
- Season 3
- Night of the Living Nightmare (cameo)
- Season 1
- Season 3
- Season 4
- Season 5
- Season 7
- Season 8
- A New Dawn (cameo)
- Ben 10: Omniverse
- Ben 10 (Issue 4)
Water Hazard is one of the Andromeda Galaxy aliens playable in the game.
Water Hazard can generate a water tornado and briefly levitate while launching water blasts. Also, he wields a water-whip that can destroy enemies.
Water Hazard is vital for progression on the Eiffel Tower and The Final Battle levels of the game.
Naming and Translations
|Bulgarian||Водовъртеж||From водовъртеж, whirlpool|
|Chinese||水霸天||From 水 (Shǔi), water and 霸天 (Bà Tiān), overlord|
|Croatian||Vodeni||From voda, water; the name is an adjective which means "water-based"|
|Dutch||Waterknaller||From waterknaller, waterbuster|
|French||Hydro-Jet||From hydro, prefix linked to water and jet|
|German||Wasserschock||From wasser, water, and schock, shock|
|Greek||Επικίνδυνα Νερά||From επικίνδυνος, hazard, and νερό, water|
|Hebrew||בִּיוַלְוַאן||From the name of Bivalvan|
|Hungarian||Vizigót||From Vizigót, Visigoth, and víz, water|
|Italian||Sparacqua||From sparare, shoot, and acqua, water|
|Polish||Wodny Nahaj||From wodny, water and nahaj, whip|
|Portuguese (Br)||Ameaça Aquática||From ameaça, menace, and aquática, aquatic|
|Romanian||Bici de Apa||From bici de apa, water whip|
|From водяная сила, water strength|
From человек-вода, water -man
|Spanish (HA)||Amenaza Acuática||From amenaza, menace and acuática, aquatic|
|Swedish||Vattenfaran||From vatten, water and faran, hazard|
|Turkish||Su Kamçısı||From su, water and kamçı, whip|
A water hazard is an area of water on a golf course designed to make it more difficult for players to get their ball onto the green.
- Each of Ben's Andromeda alien forms control a basic element. As his name suggests, Water Hazard commands water.
- Water Hazard is the first Andromeda alien Ben has scanned and used.
- Water Hazard's voice has changed a few times over the course of his appearances:
- When Water Hazard first appeared in Too Hot to Handle, his voice sounded exactly like Bivalvan's did in Escape from Aggregor and Ultimate Aggregor because Water Hazard was supposed to be a clone of Bivalvan.[DM 3]
- Starting in Hero Time, his voice became deeper to help differentiate him from Bivalvan.[DM 3]
- In Omniverse, his voice is slightly modified to sound like that of an underwater human.
- Water Hazard was designed by Steven Choi.[DJW 3]
- Before Water Hazard shoots water in Omniverse, the sound of a gun cocking can be heard.
- Water Hazard was the Alien of the Month in January 2011.
- In the online games, Game Creator and Omniverse Collection, Water Hazard shoots blobs of water in an upward tilted angle instead of just spraying it. He is also able to create a bubble shield to protect himself from lasers.
- Orishan have been confirmed to be separate entities from the Cascans, another red hydrokinetic species from the Andromeda Galaxy that was introduced in the reboot. Duncan Rouleau likens the differences between these species to those between panthers and jaguars.[DR 2]
- Hero Time
- Some end credits of Ultimate Alien, Cosmic Destruction, Xenodrome and storybooks
- Alien of the Month
- Bengeance Is Mine
- Ultimate Aggregor
- Map of Infinity
- The More Things Change: Part 2
- Rook Tales
- Tummy Trouble
- Revenge of the Swarm
- Too Hot to Handle
- The Ultimate Heist
- Escape from Aggregor
- Double or Nothing
- The Frogs of War: Part 1
- Cartoon Network Action Pack #53; file