|This article belongs to the Classic Continuity|
|This article is about the episode. You might have been looking for the chapter book based on the episode.|
War of the Worlds: Part 2 is the thirteenth and final episode of the second season of Ben 10: Alien Force, and the twenty-sixth episode overall.
After the events of the previous episode, the Highbreed fleet has arrived on Earth, and are preparing to invade. Ben awakens in the crater formed by Way Big, and his teammates rush to his side. Ben devises a plan to capture the Highbreed commander and force him to order a full retreat. Ben, Gwen, and Kevin fight their way to the Highbreed control tower, and confront the Highbreed commander whom Max previously attempted to destroy with a makeshift Null Void grenade in Max Out.
In the ensuing battle, Ben turns into Swampfire, demanding that the commander call off the attack on Earth, but the Highbreed merely laughs, telling them that only the Highbreed Supreme has the authority to do so. Kevin is seriously injured by a Highbreed; in response, Gwen transforms into her Anodite form and easily defeats the Highbreed attacking Kevin. Gwen insists that she can stop the entire Highbreed invasion by herself, but Kevin talks her down, reminding her that she’ll lose her humanity if she does so and saying that he can’t lose her, and that Ben will find another way to end the fight.
A group of DNAliens surrounds the team, but the Plumbers' Helpers and Max appear and defeat them, having returned from their duties in the Null Void. With the Highbreed commander in custody, Ben, Gwen, Kevin, and Azmuth board Ship and head toward the Hyperspace Jump Gate, planning to confront the Highbreed Supreme. After traveling through the gate, the team arrives on the derelict planet of Augstaka, where they crash-land and are captured by the Highbreed.
Ben and the others wake up in chains in a Highbreed dungeon. Ben activates the Omnitrix voice command and turns into Humungousaur, and the team breaks out and makes their way to the chamber of the Highbreed Council. The Highbreed Supreme refuses to recall the fleet, espousing the genetic purity of the Highbreed and their mission to eradicate all lesser beings. Azmuth reveals, however, that the Highbreed obsession with racial purity has led to inbreeding, loss of disease resistance, and sterility. As a result, they are the last generation of their species, not intent on perishing alone. The Highbreed Supreme reveals that the destruction of Galvan Prime was the signal for the Highbreed to attack every known inhabited planet in the entire galaxy, with the intention of eradicating all life in the universe.
Seeing a way to save the Highbreed species, Ben uses the Omnitrix to send out an energy wave that fuses the DNA of every Highbreed in the galaxy with random species from the Omnitrix, repairing their genetic damage. The council is stunned and horrified at the loss of their genetic purity and immediately considers mass suicide as their only honorable option. However, Reinrassig III enters the council room and convinces the Highbreed Supreme that their new impurity is not undesirable and that they now have a chance to live. The Highbreed Council elects Reinrassig the new Highbreed Supreme, and Reinrassig recalls the Highbreed fleet from Earth.
After the Highbreed fleet leaves, Max decides to become the mentor of the Plumbers' Helpers and the new Plumber's Kids. Julie decides to go home, and Ben promises to walk her to school the next day. Darkstar is nowhere to be found, but Kevin says they won't catch him today, and that he wants to go to the auto show instead. Gwen goes along with him, and Paradox takes Azmuth back to Galvan Prime. As a side effect of modifying the Highbreed species' DNA, the Omnitrix reboots, re-locking the Master Control. Ben also finds that it has also unlocked new aliens and transforms into one of them in the last moment of the episode.
- Ben succeeds against the war with the Highbreed.
- Grandpa Max and the Plumbers' Helpers return from the Null Void.
- Ben unlocks Lodestar.
- Gwen transforms into her Anodite form for the first time.
- Ben Tennyson
- Gwen Tennyson
- Kevin Levin
- Max Tennyson
- Julie Yamamoto
- Professor Paradox
- Helen Wheels
- Manny Armstrong
- Pierce Wheels
- Alan Albright
- Reinrassig III
- Highbreed Councilors (first appearance)
- Highbreed Supreme (first appearance)
- Highbreed Commander
Naming and Translations
|French||La Guerre des Mondes, 2e Partie||The War of the Worlds: 2nd Part|
|Hungarian||Világok Harca, Második Rész||Worlds' War, Part 2|
|Polish||Wojna światów: Część 2||War of the Worlds: Part 2|
|Portuguese (Br)||Guerra dos Mundos, 2ª Parte||War of the Worlds, 2nd Part|
|Romanian||Războiul Lumilor: Partea 2||War of the Worlds: Part 2|
|Spanish (HA)||La Guerra de los Mundos: Segunda Parte||The War of the Worlds: Second Part|
|Spanish (Spain)||La Guerra De Los Mundos: 2° Parte||The War of the Worlds: 2nd Part|
- Darkstar says that Ben beat him twice, referring to the events of All That Glitters and Darkstar Rising.
- Ben recognizes Reinrassig after their encounter in Alone Together.
- The title is the same as the 1898 novel by H. G. Wells.
- When Ben calls the Highbreed Supreme "the big banana around here" it was a hint towards Dwayne McDuffie's inspiration for the Highbreed: bananas.[DM 1]
- Gwen transforming into her Anodite form due to anger is similar to Goku's (from the Dragon Ball Z franchise) first transformation into a Super Saiyan.
- When Kevin tries to convince Gwen to revert from her Anodite form, he mentions that Verdona said it would take at least 75 years for Gwen to master her power, but Verdona actually said it would take 60 or 70 years.
- One of the DNAliens Alan reverts to human has the same design as another DNAlien Cooper cured.
- Brainstorm's hologram faces away from Ben and is smaller than usual.
- In some scenes, Brainstorm's body isn't rendered properly, as his legs seem to be overlapping his neck.
- Brainstorm's vomit is originally the same color as his brain. His lightning is also blue.
- Brainstorm vomits on Azmuth, but in the next scene, Azmuth is no longer covered in vomit.
- Before Reiny makes his announcement, Kevin is not covered in metal.
- The closed captions for the Ben 10 Alien Force: Volume 6 DVD misspell Reiny's name as "Rynie".
- When Professor Paradox tells Ben it was nice to work with him again, the colors on "10" emblem on Ben's jacket are reversed.
- At the end of the episode, after the Omnitrix reboots and Ben says "Aw man, I don't recognize any of these guys!", no holograms are shown except for Lodestar's.[DM 2]
- Swampfire's fight against the Highbreed Commander as well as Gwen and Kevin's fight against the other Highbreed were storyboarded by LeSean Thomas.[LT 1]
- Gwen's transformation into her Anodite form is longer in the storyboards, and she is shown blasting the Highbreed away instead of being obscured until Kevin sees her. Swampfire also has some battle damage.
- The Omnitrix mentions 'recombinant DNA' when repairing the DNA of the Highbreed. Recombinant DNA is formed by taking a chunk of genes out of a DNA strand and putting new genes in its place, forming new characteristics, like the Highbreed's new looks.
- If Gwen was fully trained in her Anodite powers, she could have easily stopped the invasion.[DM 3]
- At least one Highbreed gained Celestialsapien DNA during the genetic repair in this episode.[DM 3]
- The genetic repair wave affected every Highbreed in range of the jump gates; 99.99% of Highbreed in the universe.[DM 4]
- Swampfire's new transformation sequence is shown.
- At the end of the episode, it is heavily implied that the Omnitrix rebooted with an all-new roster of aliens, but this is completely ignored in the next episode.