|This article belongs to the Classic Continuity|
Walkatrout is a small, blue fish-like alien with stubby fins for arms, a shark-like dorsal fin, and a pair of thin, spindly legs jutting from his underside. He has a wide mouth with an underbite, and gills on his cheeks with bulging green eyes.
Walkatrout wears a green belt-like strap around his "waist" and back, with the Omnitrix symbol connecting the front.
Powers and Abilities
Walkatrout has gills and can breathe underwater.
Walkatrout is somewhat acrobatic as he can perform cartwheels.
Walkatrout is physically very weak, being unable to break through the museum's doors and he is not suited for hand-to-hand combat. He also has no hands, which makes grabbing things impossible for him.
Walkatrout is very small, giving him a disadvantage against larger opponents. He is only as tall as a Vaxasaurian's foot. Despite this, Walkatrout is still unable to fit into cramped spaces such as toilets without assistance.
- Walkatrout first appeared in Outbreak, where he was accidentally unlocked by Blukic and Driba when they tried to fix the Omnitrix. After escaping from Liam, Blukic and Driba switched him into Pesky Dust.
- In Charm School, Ben accidentally transformed into Walkatrout and was disappointed.
- In Fight at the Museum, Walkatrout failed to escape the exhibit room he and Kai were trapped in.
- In It's a Mad, Mad, Mad Ben World: Part 1, Walkatrout traveled to Bellwood with Speedyquick's help.
- In The Final Countdown, Walkatrout got in the locked Plumber HQ through the toilet.
- In A New Dawn, Walkatrout appeared for a short time when Ben was cycling through his aliens.
- Outbreak (first appearance)
- Charm School (cameo; accidental transformation)
- Fight at the Museum (intended alien was Humungousaur)
- It's a Mad, Mad, Mad Ben World: Part 1 (intended alien was XLR8)
Naming and Translations
|Bulgarian||Уолкатраут||From the original English name|
|Chinese||胖胖鱼||From 胖胖 (Pàng Pàng), fat, and 鱼 (Yú), fish|
|French||Truite-azur||From truite, trout, and azur, azure/blue|
|German||Wanderbarsch||From wander, to wander, and barsch, perch|
|Greek||Περιπατητική Πέστροφα||From περιπατητής, walker, and πέστροφα, trout|
|Hebrew||דג מהלך||From דג, fish, and מהלך, walking, Walking Fish|
|Hungarian||Halláb||From hal, fish, and láb, leg|
|Italian||GambaTrota||From gamba, leg, and trota, trout|
|Polish||Nogopstrąg||From noga, leg, and pstrąg, trout|
|Portuguese (Br)||Walkatruta||From "Walk" and "Truta," trout.|
|Romanian||plimbărețul||from plimbărețul, walker|
| From рыба, a fish and нога leg|
From рыба, a fish and нога leg
From the original English name
|Spanish (HA)||Walkatrout||From the original English name|
Walkatrout's name is derived from "walk about" and "trout", the latter of which is the common name for a number of certain species of freshwater fish.
- Walkatrout's name was coined by Driba; Ben starts using that name in An American Benwolf in London.
- Walkatrout is one of four aliens unlocked by Driba and Blukic; the other three being Pesky Dust, Mole-Stache, and The Worst.
- Albedo's Ultimatrix does not contain Walkatrout's DNA.[DJW 2]
- Walkatrout's idea came from Gil Steptoe's design.[DJW 3]