|This article belongs to the Classic Timeline|
Vladats are vampire-like aliens with bluish-white skin and sharp yellow teeth.
Vladats once inhabited the planet Anur Transyl after Anur Vladias' abandonment, which is also the home planet of the Transylians. They were once the predators of Transylians and also used them as slaves and beasts of burden.
Vladats were wiped out by the other Anur aliens rising up against them,[DJW 1] with the Transylians using captured Pyronite energy[pop-up 1] to incinerate and kill them[DJW 2] sometime before Azmuth started acquiring DNA samples for the Omnitrix, and therefore their DNA was not originally in any Omnitrix DNA database.
The Vladats remained extinct until Zs'Skayr restored Lord Transyl back to life by using power from the Alpha Rune to regenerate the deteriorated hand of its dead ruler. Ben was on Anur Transyl at that time and the Omnitrix acquired a Vladat DNA sample, creating Whampire.
Zs'Skayr and Lord Transyl made an attempt of using Lord Transyl's DNA as a template to revive the entire Vladat species from extinction, but was stopped by Ben with help from Dr. Viktor and Hobble.
Judging from their past history with the Transylians, Dr. Viktor's deep hatred of them and Lord Transyl's attitude toward Zs'Skayr and the others, Vladats are arrogant, cruel and both literally and figuratively bloodthirsty (with the exception of Whampire). They consider other creatures (especially the Ectonurites) to be inferior. To them, other creatures are only useful as slaves and/or food. They have an overwhelming urge to feed on the energy of their preys.
|“||Transyl and other Vladats used my people as slaves. We were nothing more than beasts of burden, and ultimately we were food!||”|
Vladats can also eat bugs, as demonstrated by Whampire.
Powers and Abilities
Vladats possess hypnosis from their eyes and can control other beings by shooting Corrupturas at their foreheads. A Vladat's Corrupturas are effective on other races of the Anur System, such as Transylians, Thep Khufans, Loboans, and tangible Ectonurites.
Other races shown to be effective on Corrupturas include Revonnahganders, Merlinisapiens, Splixsons,[DJW 4] Crystalsapiens,[DJW 5] To'kustars,[DJW 6] Sonorosians,[DJW 7] Galvanic Mechamorphs,[DJW 8] Piscciss Premanns,[DJW 9] and Arburian Pelarotas.[DJW 10]
Vladats can absorb and feed off the energy of living beings by sucking on them. They can even drain the life force of a Celestialsapien.[DJW 3] If a Vladat were to completely drain his victims of their energy, they would look similar to Darkstar's victims.[DJW 11]
Vladats have the ability to fly and are highly agile while in flight.
Vladats have a certain level of enhanced strength, as Whampire was able to hold his own against a mob of Anur Transyl citizens before eventually being overrun, get Max out of Malgax's clutches, and flip the latter over afterwards.
Vladats possess enhanced durability, as shown when Whampire was able to withstand being thrown against a wall by Malgax.
Vladats can hang upside down like bats and real vampires using their prehensile feet.
Vladats can see the internal structure, like the nerves and energy of their victims using their infrared vision.
Vladats can create a huge sonic explosion as a last-resort means of self-defense that, as demonstrated by Whampire, was powerful enough to send Rook Blonko, Scout, Rad Dudesman, and a mod of Anur Transyl citizens flying in every direction.
Vladats can survive in the vacuum of space.[DJW 14]
Like all Anur System aliens, Vladats can see in the dark.[DJW 15]
Vladats possess smoke mimicry.[DJW 16]
Vladats can control undead aliens, such as Benzarro's transformations, [DJW 17] and possessed inanimate objects using their Corrupturas. In the case of the latter, the possessor's consciousness would have to be contained within the object they are inhabiting.[DJW 18]
Vladats can use Corrupturas as projectile weapons.[DJW 19]
Vladats can be harmed by sunlight and cannot stay in such an environment for more than a short period of time. They can also be harmed by intense heat such as that generated by Pyronites,[DJW 20] Prypiatosian-Bs,[DJW 21] and members of Atomix's species.
A Vladat's explosion ability will not only blow away their opponents, it will also blow away their allies, causing a chance of accidental collateral damage.
A Vladat's Corrupturas are not very durable, as they can easily be destroyed by species with as much or more strength than a Transylian, as demonstrated by Lord Transyl.
Vladats must resist the urge to drain the energy of other lifeforms, especially intelligent beings, making them potentially dangerous to their teammates and other civilians.
A Vladat's Corrupturas also cannot attach to beings that are intangible, though they can attach to said species if they are caught off guard and are tangible when the Corruptura is shot at them. Additionally, the Corrupturas are ineffective on Dagon.[DJW 23]
Vladats are unable to control an entire set of Splixson clones using their Corrupturas because each clone is an independent being.[DJW 4] Furthermore, the Corrupturas will not be copied across said clones.[DJW 24]
Vladats will not receive a cosmic power boost from feeding off a Celetialsapien because they would feel like they just slammed an energy drink.[DJW 25]
A Vladat's hypnosis is ineffective on Florauna, as their nature as plant-like creatures makes them immune to being hypnotized. Their Corrupturas are also possibly ineffective on Florauna, though this depends on the willpower of an individual.[DJW 26]
Vladats cannot absorb the life energy of certain beings, such as Ectonurites because they have none in the conventional sense. Similarly, they cannot absorb the life energy of human zombies because they have no life force left.[DJW 27]
A Vladat's Corrupturas are weak against acid.[DJW 29]
Vladats are possibly allergic to garlic.[DJW 31]
- Whampire (the Omnitrix's DNA sample of a Vladat)
- Lord Transyl
- Vladat Corpses/Clones from The Vampire Strikes Back
Notable Vladat Hybrids
- Omniverse Kevin (1/11 Vladat)
- Vladats are one of the only known predatory species in the Omnitrix, along with Captain Kork's species, and the only one Ben has as an available transformation.
- Whampire and Lord Transyl are the only known living Vladats in the universe.
- A Vladat's invulnerability to light compared to Ectonurites is a nod to the original Dracula story, in which Dracula was only weakened by sunlight rather than being killed by it.
- The name Anur Vladias does not appear in any official media or merchandise, nor in any background information revealed via pop-ups. Its first occurrence can be traced back to April 15, 2010, when user Deeman22baby inserted Anur Vladias in the Anur System page, during a series of misinformation edits on this wiki that have been since been rectified, presenting the planet as the homeworld of the Vladats instead of Anur Transyl. Omniverse art director, Derrick J. Wyatt, would later present background information about Anur Vladias upon being directly requested on October 26, 2014, seemingly unaware of the planet's fan-made origin. Thus, the canonicity of Anur Vladias is dubious.
- Vladat is a misspelling of the word Vladite, the original name for the species as revealed in pop-ups for the Original Series episode The Return[pop-up 1]. It originated on April 26, 2008 when the page was first created by user Demonic Knight, with the error being neglected for years. Eventually, the Omniverse episode The Vampire Strikes Back would refer to the species as Vladats, thereby canonizing the spelling.
- File:Why Vladats Are Extinct.png
- File:Vladats Incinerate Upon Destruction.png
- File:Whampire Celestialsapien.PNG
- File:Ditto Clones Independent.PNG
- File:Corruptura Crystalline Entity.PNG
- File:Whampire Can Control a To'kustar.PNG
- File:Echo Echo Can Be Controlled By a Vladat.PNG
- File:Whampire Can Control Mechamorphs.png
- File:Kraab Weaknesses.png
- File:Cannonbolt Can Be Affected by Corruptura.PNG
- File:Vladat Drain Life Energy.PNG
- File:Whampire's Bat Form.PNG
- File:Whampire Willpower.png
- File:Vladats Space Survivability.PNG
- File:All Anur System Aliens Can See in the Dark.png
- File:Vladat Smoke Form.PNG
- File:Corrupturas & Zombies.png
- File:Whampire Can Control Chucky.png
- File:Corrupturas as Projectile Weapons.png
- File:Corruptura Can Be Burned Off.PNG
- File:NRG Corruptura Immunity.png
- File:Corruptura Walkatrout.PNG
- File:Dagon Corruptura Immunity.png
- File:Ditto Clones and Corrupturas.png
- File:Whampire's Taste of Celestialsapiens.png
- File:Florauna & Corrupturas.png
- File:Whampire Cannot Drain Zombies.png
- File:Darkstar Can Feed Off Whampire.png
- File:Corrupturas Are Weak Against Acid.png
- File:Toepick Can Scare Anur System Aliens.png
- File:Whampire Allergic to Garlic.png
- File:Bat-Dude Proof.png
- File:Benzarro Whampire Proof.png