|This article belongs to the Classic Continuity|
|This section needs expansion. You can help by adding information.|
Vladats once inhabited the planet Anur Transyl after Anur Vladias' abandonment, which is also the home planet of the Transylians. They were once the predators of Transylians and also used them as slaves and beasts of burden.
Vladats incinerate upon death,[DJW 1] and were wiped out by the Transylians using captured Pyronite energy[pop-up 1] sometime before Azmuth started acquiring DNA samples for the Omnitrix, and therefore their DNA was not originally in any Omnitrix DNA database. They were extinct until Zs'Skayr restored Lord Transyl back to life by using power from the Alpha Rune to regenerate the deteriorated hand of its dead ruler. Ben was on Anur Transyl at that time and the Omnitrix acquired a Vladat DNA sample, creating Whampire.
Zs'Skayr and Lord Transyl made an attempt of using Lord Transyl's DNA as a template to revive the entire Vladat species from extinction, but was stopped by Ben with help from Dr. Viktor and Hobble.
Judging from their past history with the Transylians, Dr. Viktor's deep hatred of them and Lord Transyl's attitude toward Zs'Skayr and the others, Vladats are arrogant, cruel and both literally and figuratively bloodthirsty (with the exception of Whampire). They consider other creatures (especially the Ectonurites) to be inferior. To them, other creatures are only useful as slaves and/or food. They have an overwhelming urge to feed on the energy of their preys.
The Vladats' main source of food were Transylians, though it is later revealed that they can feed off the energy from any living being, including Celestialsapiens.[DJW 2] They also eat bugs, as seen with Whampire.
Powers and Abilities
Vladats possess powers that are similar to stereotypical vampires of legend, such as feeding off the life force of other beings through their fangs. If a Vladat were to completely drain another being of their life force, the victim would look similar to those of Darkstar.[DJW 3]
Vladats can fly by either using the bat-like wings under their arms or transforming into miniature bat-like forms.[DJW 4]
Vladats can hypnotize other beings by making direct eye contact with them, and are immune to external forms of hypnosis.
In order to control multiple beings at once, they create bat-like creatures called Corrupturas and affix them to their victims' foreheads. Corrupturas have been effective on other races of the Anur System, such as Transylians, Thep Khufans, Loboans, and tangible Ectonurites.
Other races shown to be effective on Corrupturas include Revonnahganders, Merlinisapiens, Splixsons,[DJW 5] Crystalsapiens,[DJW 6] To'kustars,[DJW 7] Sonorosians,[DJW 8] Galvanic Mechamorphs,[DJW 9] Piscciss Premanns,[DJW 10] Arburian Pelarotas,[DJW 11] and Ventrilosquid's species.[DJW 12]
Vladats possess enhanced strength, as they can easily hold others and carry them while flying.
Vladats can generate a powerful sonic explosion as a means of self-defense.
Vladats can see the internal structure (e.g. nerves) and energy of their victims using their infrared vision.
A Vladat's immunity to external hypnosis has a drawback; they cannot mind-control other Vladats.
Vladats are unable to control cybernetically enhanced beings such as Exo-Skull because of their armor. They would also be unable to control Florauna due to their own hypnosis immunity.
A Vladat's Corrupturas cannot attach to a species with slippery skin, such as Ickthyperambuloids[DJW 13] and members of Hobble's species. Similarly, they are ineffective against Ectonurites whenever the latter are intangible.
Vladats are unable to control an entire set of Splixson clones using their Corrupturas because each clone is an independent being.[DJW 5]
Vladats' Corrupturas are not very durable, as they can easily be destroyed by species with as much or strength than a Transylian. The Corrupturas are also weak against acid.[DJW 14]
Unlike with hypnotism, beings possessed by a Vladat's Corrupturas are conscious and aware of their surroundings.
Vladats and their Corrupturas can be harmed from exposure to sunlight and intense heat, such as that generated by Pyronites,[DJW 15] Prypiatosian-Bs,[DJW 16] and members of Atomix's species. However, unlike Ectonurites, they can withstand greater amounts of light before being burned to ashes.
Vladats are unable to drain life energy from Ectonurites since they are not alive in the conventional sense. Vladats can also be possessed by Ectonurites.
- Whampire (the Omnitrix's DNA sample of a Vladat)
- Lord Transyl
- Vladat corpses/clones from The Vampire Strikes Back
Notable Vladat Hybrids
- Omniverse Kevin (1/11 Vladat)
- Vladats are one of the only known predatory species in the Omnitrix.
- Whampire and Lord Transyl are the only known living Vladats in the universe.
- A Vladat's invulnerability to light compared to Ectonurites is a nod to the original Dracula story, in which Dracula was only weakened by sunlight; not killed by it.
- Prior to Omniverse, Vladats were spelled "Vladites".[pop-up 1]
- ↑ File:Vladats Incinerate Upon Destruction.png
- ↑ File:Whampire Celestialsapien.PNG
- ↑ File:Vladat Drain Life Energy.PNG
- ↑ File:Whampire's Bat Form.PNG
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 File:Ditto Clones Independent.PNG
- ↑ File:Corruptura Crystalline Entity.PNG
- ↑ File:Whampire Can Control a To'kustar.PNG
- ↑ File:Echo Echo Can Be Controlled By a Vladat.PNG
- ↑ File:Whampire Can Control Mechamorphs.png
- ↑ File:Kraab Weaknesses.png
- ↑ File:Cannonbolt Can Be Affected by Corruptura.PNG
- ↑ File:Whampire and Ventrilosquid.png
- ↑ File:Corruptura Walkatrout.PNG
- ↑ File:Corrupturas Are Weak Against Acid.png
- ↑ File:Corruptura Can Be Burned Off.PNG
- ↑ File:NRG Corruptura Immunity.png
- ↑ http://archive.vn/UckFL
- ↑ File:Bat-Dude Proof.png