|The video at the top of the article may not reflect the accuracy of the contents below or in the franchise.|
|This article is about the aliens. You might have been looking for the TV show.|
|This article belongs to the Classic Continuity|
Concept and Creation
The "Evolutionary Function" was a feature Albedo added to the Ultimatrix after stealing it from Azmuth. The Evolutionary Function works by placing the DNA of the selected alien in a simulated scenario, subjecting it to the worst-possible threat over millions of theoretical years in order to "force" evolution in the genetic code. The resultant evolutionary adaptations to this fictional threat scenario are then modified into the existing DNA of the selected alien, thus evolving it into the new Ultimate Form.
This "survival of the fittest" method of simulated evolution ensures that the Ultimate Forms are much more combat-oriented than their normal forms, such as Ultimate Humungousaur having durable armor on both his head and abdomen which normal Humungousaur does not have.
When Azmuth saw the modified Ultimatrix for the first time, he commented that the Evolutionary Function was "begging for trouble". This was proven later when the Ultimate Forms gained sentience and attempted to free themselves from the Ultimatrix.
Because the Ultimate Forms are by-products of originally-existing DNA, they are not found within the Codon Stream because strictly speaking, they do not exist in the Prime Timeline as a collectable species.[DJW 1]
Almost any DNA can be put through the evolution process.[DJW 2]
To activate the ultimate form, Ben transforms into an alien and then presses the Ultimatrix symbol, causing it to grow four spikes. Ben is then consumed by green light and goes Ultimate. Ben generally uses the Ultimate feature when normal alien's powers are insufficient for the situation at hand.
Albedo's Stabilizer Ultimatrix
To activate the ultimate form, Albedo selects an alien and activates the transformation function, just like on all versions of the Omnitrix/Ultimatrix. Unlike them however, he is immediately transformed into the Ultimate form of that alien without the need to activate the function while already in alien form; instead of green light, Albedo is consumed by red light, his signature color. Whereas Ben usually reserves the Ultimate feature as a last resort, Albedo seemingly replaces the devolved forms of his aliens with them in order to gain the upper hand whenever he and Ben do battle.
In The Ultimate Sacrifice, the six Ultimate Forms that Ben had used most by then gained sentience and demanded their freedom from the Ultimatrix, causing Ben Tennyson to eventually make the decision to sacrifice his own life to let them escape. Azmuth was impressed by Ben's willingness to sacrifice himself and intervened, freeing the Ultimates while simultaneously saving Ben's life after which he took the Ultimates to a world where they would be free to roam by themselves.
Azmuth prevented the recurrence of the incident by modifying the Ultimatrix in such a way that the Ultimate Forms, as with their normal forms, would simply be "empty shells" occupied by Ben's mind in order to prevent them from gaining sentience.
Naming and Translations
|Albanian||[alien]+Më i Ri/Më e Re||From 'më i ri/më e re' meaning 'the newest'|
|French||Ultimate+[alien]||From the original English name|
|Spanish (HA)|| [alien]+Supremo|
Máximo+[alien] (The Ultimate Heist)
| From supremo, supreme|
From máximo, maximum
|Spanish (Spain)||Ultimate+[alien]||From the original English name|
- Some of them have completely changed their physical appearance, while some simply change their color with some minor extras.
- Ben is scared of the Ultimates, but thinks they are cool.[DM 1]
- Ben felt discomfort whenever going Ultimate.[DM 2]
- The original Ultimatrix's evolutionary feature had nothing to do with the wielder.[DM 3]
- The evolutionary function drained the original Ultimatrix's battery quicker than regular transformations.[DM 4]
- The first time the Ultimate function was used, Albedo turned the rim of the Ultimatrix symbol, causing the core to pop out, which he promptly pressed. In some instances, Ben turned the symbol slightly before activating it.
- It is possible but not probable that the Ultimate Forms can be stronger than the Nemetrix aliens.[DJW 3]
- The current Omnitrix does not have an evolutionary feature,[DJW 4] cannot be transformed into an Ultimatrix by a Polymorphic Crystal,[DJW 5] and is unable to accept the evolved DNA of Ultimate Forms.[DJW 6]
- Because of these factors, Ben will never regain the ability to transform into Ultimate Forms.[DJW 7]
- It is possible that Ultimate Forms can exist as natural species in alternate timelines.[DJW 8]
- ↑ File:Ultimates Are Not Natural Species.PNG
- ↑ File:Almost All Aliens Have Ultimates.png
- ↑ File:Ultimate Aliens vs Nemetrix Aliens.png
- ↑ http://archive.is/9lorn
- ↑ File:Polymorphic Crystal Will Not Turn Omnitrix Into Ultimatrix.png
- ↑ link unavailable
- ↑ File:Ben Will Never Regain Ultimate Forms.png
- ↑ File:Ultimate Forms as Natural Species in Alternate Timelines.png
|Buglizard • Crabdozer • Hypnotick • Mucilator • Omnivoracious • Panuncian • Slamworm • Terroranchula • Tyrannopede • Vicetopus|
|Ultimate Panuncian||Way Big's Predator|