|This article belongs to the Classic Continuity|
Tyrannopede's species is the predatory species of Vaxasaurians.
- 1 Appearance
- 2 Powers and Abilities
- 3 Weaknesses
- 4 History
- 5 Appearances
- 6 Naming and Translations
- 7 Etymology
- 8 Trivia
- 9 References
Tyrannopede has a large, segmented purple and gray body and a red head resembling that of a Carnotaurus or a Tyrannosaurus with a horn on her forehead. Tyrannopede has four legs and six small arms with two clawed fingers on them.
Tyrannopede wears a red spiked collar with the Nemetrix on it.
Powers and Abilities
Being a Vaxasaurian's natural predator, Tyrannopede has bestial strength, high durability, and powerful jaws, as seen as she is more than capable of manhandling Humungousaur with little effort, also seen when she grabs a replica of a spaceship with only her jaws.
Tyrannopede is extremely heavy, weighing too much for Humungousaur to lift for long. Also, every time Tyrannopede ran around on the top of Khyber's spaceship, it would shake the entire ship.
The horn on Tyrannopede's forehead can shoot webs to trap enemies in a sticky cocoon, which is effective against even Vaxasaurians, their prey..
Tyrannopede is vulnerable to the Hephaestan neuro grip.
Unlike Humungousaur, Tyrannopede cannot alter her size.[DJW 1]
- Tyrannopede first appeared in Of Predators and Prey: Part 2, Tyrannopede overpowered Humungousaur and trapped him in a web cocoon but was defeated by Grey Matter using a Hephaestan neuro grip.
- In Showdown: Part 1, Tyrannopede battled Humungousaur until she switched into Terroranchula when Ben turned into Ball Weevil.
- In A Fistful of Brains, one of the Panuncian's clones used its Nemetrix to transform into Tyrannopede after the Panuncian cornered Ben.
- In Stuck on You, Khyber as Tyrannopede almost ate Humungousaur and Skurd when the Nemetrix was cut off by Rook.
- Of Predators and Prey: Part 2 (first appearance)
Naming and Translations
|French||Phacochoerus||From phacochère, warthog and saurus, saurus|
|Hungarian||Zsarnokgyík||From zsarnok, tyrant and gyík, lizard|
|Italian||Tirannipede||From the original English name|
|Polish||Trwogonoga||From trwoga, fear and stonoga, centipede|
|Portuguese (Br)||Tyranópode||From the original English name|
|Russian||Тиранопид||From the original English name|
|Spanish (HA)||Tyranópido||From the original English name|
Tyrannopede is portmanteau of the words tyrannosaur and centipede, literally meaning "Tyrant Legs".
- Tyrannopede's design is based on Ultimasaurus from the Kenner toy line "Chaos Effect" from Jurassic Park.[DJW 2]
- Tyrannopede is one of three Nemetrix aliens who do not use the name their species as their own, the other two being Slamworm and Hypnotick.
|Buglizard • Crabdozer • Hypnotick • Mucilator • Omnivoracious • Panuncian • Slamworm • Terroranchula • Tyrannopede • Vicetopus|
|Ultimate Panuncian||Way Big's Predator|