|This article belongs to the Classic Continuity|
Toepick is a greenish yellow-skinned, ogre-like alien with long and misshapen arms that have weed-like spikes coming out of them, pointy fingertips, and a visible belly button. He wears a simple pair of black briefs with a metal dark green waistline with white bolts on it. His eyes are glowing green and can be seen through the bars of a dark green metal cage helmet worn on his head. Inside his helmet is Toepick's terrifying face, which is supposed to resemble an eldritch horror.[DJW 1] Toepick has a layer of tentacles that covers his true face.[DJW 2]
Toepick's helmet has two horns protruding from the sides of it, and also a crest that resembles a toenail in shape. The cage's door has five bars, three of which are in the center of the door. It opens in two halves, with the lock in the very center of the door, staying on the right half. Connected to this cage is Toepick's armor, which wraps around his shoulders and goes halfway down his chest and is connected to his briefs by chains.
Toepick's Omnitrix symbol is on the helmet's extension covering his chest, with two green metallic protrusions accompanying the symbol on both sides.
Powers and Abilities
Toepick's only known way of defeating his enemies is with his extremely scary face, which taps into the primordial fears locked in all beings' subconscious and primitive brains.[DJW 3] Toepick's face is so hideously horrifying that almost no being in the known universe can look at it without being scared to the point of turning pale white.
The sight of Toepick's face can cause adverse effects.[DJW 4] The most common of these effects are the inducement of terror and insanity, as a Dwarf Star-powered Psyphon was so terrified by Toepick's face that he begged him to stay away in-between screams of terror.
Other beings such as Ectonurites,[DJW 5] Appoplexians,[DJW 6] and even a Celestialsapien's personalities[DJW 7] can be terrified by Toepick's face. Depending on the time, Maltruant can be scared by Toepick's face.[DJW 8]
Toepick has a type of layered multiphasic eyesight that makes his already mediocre vision even worse when looking at multidimensional or unknowable sights,[DJW 9] meaning that he cannot be frightened by his own face if he were to look into anything reflective.
Toepick is able to bulge his eyes outwards.[DJW 2] In addition to his face, Toepick can also produce a series of horrifying sounds for extra terror.
When Toepick's helmet prepares to open, it releases a small amount of green gases. It is also incredibly difficult to damage.[DJW 10]
Too much exposure to Toepick's face can leave other beings scared to the point of being unable to eat or sleep.[DJW 11]
Due to him being too heavy, Toepick can easily lose balance.
Blind or deaf beings would be immune to Toepick's face or sounds.
Beings that lack sapient emotion or survival instincts, such as drones and robots, would be immune to Toepick's face and sounds as well. However, it would invoke some sort of defensive reaction from them.[MW 1]
Apart from his incredibly scary face and sounds, Toepick seems to have no other skills in combat, making it possible to sneak up on him and attack before he has time to open his cage.
- Toepick first appeared in Special Delivery, where he frightened and defeated Psyphon.
- In Something Zombozo This Way Comes, Toepick scared Zombozo into destroying his own machine, thus turning all the zombie clowns back to normal.
- In Cough It Up, Toepick scared Psyphon and Argit in order to get the dehydrated Techadon Army Cube out of the latter's stomach.
- In A New Dawn, Toepick appeared for a short time when Ben was cycling through his aliens.
- In Ken 10, Toepick was mentioned by Ben 10,000 as one of Ken's aliens in the latter's Omnitrix. Fortunately for Ken, his father replaced Toepick with Grey Matter in his son's arsenal offscreen.
- Special Delivery (first appearance)
- Something Zombozo This Way Comes (accidental transformation)
- A New Dawn (cameo)
Naming and Translations
|Bulgarian||Тоупик||From the original English name|
|Chinese||托比||Transcription; pronounced Tuō Bǐ|
|French||Pince-Orteil||From pince, claw, and orteil, toe|
|German||Stinkzeh||From stinkzeh, stinktoe|
|Greek||Συλλεκτής Νυχιών||From συλλέγω, pick, and νύχι, toe|
|Hungarian||Ujjcsákány||From ujj, finger, and csákány, pickaxe|
|Portuguese (Br)|| Frieira|
| From frieira, chilblain|
From espanto, astonishment. and -óide, "similar to"
|Romanian||scobitoare de picioare||toepick|
| From the original English name|
From напальчник, fingertip
|Spanish (HA)||Toepick||From the original English name|
|Spanish (Spain)||Hurgapiés||From hurga, poke, and piés, feet|
Toepick's action figure's voice box allows you to hear him say "You can pick your friends, you can pick your toes, but you can't pick your friend's toes." This is a play on the phrase "You can pick your friends, you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friend's nose."
- Toepick is Ben's scariest alien.[DJW 17]
- Toepick was first mentioned in Ken 10; incorporating him into Omniverse and giving him a physical form and powers was Derrick J. Wyatt's idea.[DJW 18]
- Derrick designed Toepick's tentacle face for Bandai, which was used for his deluxe figure and mini-figure.
- From Arc 4 of Omniverse onwards, Toepick replaces Way Big in the opening intro of the show, particularly in the part where the latter initially appeared alongside Shocksquatch, Bloxx, and Crashhopper.
- When the cage on Toepick's head opens, sounds of terrified screams, agonized wailing, roaring, unholy groans and wails, hissing, and deep demonic laughter can be heard until the cage is once again closed or when Toepick turns into another alien.
- This power and the execution of it greatly resembles that of Yukk from the 1979 cartoon "Mighty Man and Yukk", apart from the noises coming from Toepick and the destructive power of Yukk's face compared to that of Toepick's.
- Toepick's appearance is similar to Hades from the God of War franchise. Both are tall, have cages on their heads, are fat and have fearful faces, with the only difference being that Hades' face can be seen in God of War III. Hades' is covered with spikes going through him.
- It is implied that Toepick was never locked in the Omnitrix.[DJW 4] This is backed up by his first on-screen appearance, where Ben appeared to already know how to utilize his abilities.
- Neither Toepick nor his species are from the Anur System.[DJW 21]
- Benzarro's version of Toepick is not scarier than his other counterparts.[DJW 22]
- ↑ Link Unavailable
- ↑ File:Toepick's Face Eldritch Horror.PNG
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 File:Toepick Face Tentacles.png
- ↑ File:Toepick's Face Primordial Fears.PNG
- ↑ File:Toepick Can Scare Ectonurites.png
- ↑ File:Toepick Can Scare Appoplexians.png
- ↑ https://archive.is/IcwvV
- ↑ https://ask.fm/DerrickJWyatt/answers/163643710580
- ↑ File:Toepick Cannot Frighten Himself.png
- ↑ File:Toepick's Helmet.PNG
- ↑ File:Too Much Exposure To Toepick's Face.png
- ↑ File:Toepick Enhanced Strength.PNG
- ↑ File:Toepick Can Lift a Car.PNG
- ↑ File:Ma Vreedle Not Scared of Toepick.PNG
- ↑ File:Toepick Cannot Scare Dagon.png
- ↑ File:Paradox Can See Toepick's Face.PNG
- ↑ https://archive.is/6NbUA
- ↑ File:DJW Thought of Atomix and Toepick.PNG
- ↑ File:Toepick Inspiration.PNG
- ↑ https://ask.fm/DerrickJWyatt/threads/163590565748
- ↑ File:Toepick's Species Not From Anur System.PNG
- ↑ File:Benzarro Toepick.png