|This article belongs to the Classic Timeline|
|Click here to see the Reboot Timeline version of this article|
- 1 Appearance
- 2 Behavior
- 3 Powers and Abilities
- 4 Weaknesses
- 5 Notable To'kustars
- 6 Naming and Translations
- 7 Etymology
- 8 Trivia
- 9 Notes
- 10 References
To'kustars are gigantic humanoid creatures with four-fingered hands and extremely muscular bodies that generally have a white base color for their body, face, limbs, and hands with details such as their torso and legs stripes, shoulder spots, stum-like feet, head and shoulder blades, in a primary or secondary color. Some of them have pieces of metal colored armor.[DJW 1]
To'kustars are nonviolent beings, and so are commonly known as "gentle giants".
To'kustars live alone at the edge of the galaxy, silently guarding against threats from beyond.[DJW 2]
Powers and Abilities
To'kustars are very strong (even for their size), being able to hurl targets into orbits from planets with an atmosphere as thick as Earth's,[MW 1] as shown when Way Big defeated Vilgax (who was Way Big's size at the time) and threw him into orbit. They can even lift objects larger and heavier than them, as Way Big managed to lift the Hyperspace Jump Gate.
To'kustars have great durability, being able to withstand attacks from enemies while barely even feeling them. They are also resistant to extreme temperatures.
Due to the nature of this species' creation, To'kustars can survive in the vacuum of space.
To'kustars have enhanced speed, similar to Kinecelerans and Citrakayahs, albeit with them leaving a red and white trail behind.[note 2] To'kustars also have massive stride, so they can get to their destination quicker than other species.[DJW 4]
If a To'kustar's head fin is damaged, it causes paralyzing pain throughout their body.
Despite their immense durability, To'kustars are still vulnerable to foes with sufficient strength.
When fighting, To'kustars can easily destroy buildings around them, sometimes causing tremendous amounts of harm.
To'kustars can be harmed by high-pitched noises, such as a Sonorosian's sonic screams, if they were to get close enough to their ears.[DJW 7] This weakness was first referenced when Shocksquatch made an unsuccessful attempt at attacking a Way Bad using a megaphone made from Echo Echo's DNA.
- Way Big (the Omnitrix's DNA sample of a To'kustar)
- Evil Way Big (Azmuth as a To'kustar)
Notable Mutated To'kustars
- Way Bads (artificial)
Notable To'kustar Hybrids
Naming and Translations
Kustar (The Frogs of War: Part 1)
To'kuestrella (said by Servantis in Weapon XI: Part 2 and by Rook in Rook Tales)
|From the original English name; pronounced /'tokʊstar/ or /tokʊs'tar/.|
Dub error; pronounced /kʊs'tar/.
From toku (see Etymology) and estrella, star.
The name To'kustar is a play on "tokusatsu" a genre of Japanese cinema that relies on special effects which is often shortened to "toku" and the word star. To'kustars are similar visually and in power set to the original Ultraman, a "Star" of the "Toku" genre.
- To'kustars are the ultra-rarest species in the universe.[pop-up 2]
- In Omniverse, To'kustar is pronounced "tock-ess-star".
- In Ultimate Alien, the To'kustars' cosmic ray attack was executed by crossing their arms in an "L" shape, with their right forearm vertical and left forearm horizontal in front of it and the thumb edge of their hands facing their body. In Omniverse, this move is slightly revised, as To'kustars now cross their arms in an "X" shape.
- According to Derrick J. Wyatt, enhanced speed is a glitch power caused by a glitch with the original Ultimatrix. This ability was removed from Way Big's DNA when Ben acquired the new Omnitrix in The Ultimate Enemy: Part 2.[DJW 3] However, it is unknown if this is canon as Matt Wayne seemed to be unaware of the existence of glitch powers.[MW 2]
- File:To'kustar Color Scheme.png
- File:To'kustars Cosmic Protectors.png
- File:Way Big Speed Glitch.png
- File:Way Big's Speed.png
- File:Way Big Predator Virus.png
- File:Whampire Can Control a To'kustar.PNG
- File:Way Bads Can Be Harmed By Echo Echo.png
- File:Upchuck May Eat a To'kustar.png
- File:Way Big Hephestan Neuro Grip.png
- File:Slapstrike Cannot Use Hephestan Neuro Grip on Way Big.png
- File:Benzarro Way Big Proof.png