FANDOM


  • Did the creators/writers ever say why they didn't include even one episode with Fasttrack, ChamAlien or Jetray? I know Ben has other aliens for the cases of Jetray and Fasttrack, (not that I know of for ChamAlien), but they could have at least had a cameo, like at the end of the series when the Omnitrix transformed Ben into almost all of his unlocked aliens? Also, when did they say Spitter was unlocked by young Ben, and why didn't they show him being used in Omniverse?

      Loading editor
    • It was said a while ago that they weren't used because the staff didn't like them all that much. Also because Jetray was far too overused before omniverse, and they were going to use Chamalien for universe vs tennyson, but then the story changed.

        Loading editor
    • That's too bad. I know a lot of people weren't a fan of Fasttrack, but I thought he was okay. ChamAlien was great too. And while I agree that Jetray was overused heavily in Alien Force and Ultimate Alien, they still could have given him one or two showings.

        Loading editor
    • Were Jetray and Fastrack in the final episode of OV?

        Loading editor
    • They weren't.

        Loading editor
    • I don't even recall if every alien they did show in OV was in the finale.

        Loading editor
    • Have you read A New Dawn? The information that you want is there.

        Loading editor
    • I think in an episdoe in Omniverse, Ben tried to transform into him, but got turned into a different alien instead. I can't remember what the episodes was.

        Loading editor
    • "Also because Jetray was far too overused before omniverse,"

      Yes god forbid Jetray show up because of "too overused" but hey why not keep showing the punching dinosaur who gets over 80 appearances topping any other alien who is remotely interesting by the end of it

        Loading editor
    • True.

        Loading editor
    • It really bugged me how much they kept teasing the fanbase, particularly with Fasttrack's three name drops and he even tried to go him 2/3 times. Yes, he was essentially a "ripoff" of XLR8 and all, but so were a lot of aliens that actually did appear and whatnot.

      I also found it unfair how they had the time to design Swift and Subdora but they did not design Jetray or ChamAlien...why? I don't even know. Even if they appeared as like cameos or whatever, they still had plenty of time to design them. They wouldn't even need to give them clothes; it would've been pretty simple.

        Loading editor
    • Silly Miggy, you know Omniverse can't make good decisions.

      "but so were a lot of aliens that actually did appear and whatnot."

      Cannot stress that point enough, especially with aliens who appeared in OV:

      • Aliens like Bullfrag and Kickin Hawk are essentially unneeded
      • Astrodactyl is a Terradino Jetray
      • The Worst and Walkatrout shouldn't even exist
      • Bloxx is a plastic Goop
      • Crasshopper is unneeded because why do you even need a jumping alien when you have flying aliens
      • Given OV's mistake at making Toepick, you don't need him when you have Ghostfreak
      • Mole-Stache is unnecessary
      • Ball Weevil is unnecessary

      Oh but god forbid an interesting alien like Chromastone or Lodestar get a lot of appearances, we MUST show these terrible ones

        Loading editor
    • Alanomaly wrote: Silly Miggy, you know Omniverse can't make good decisions.

      "but so were a lot of aliens that actually did appear and whatnot."

      Cannot stress that point enough, especially with aliens who appeared in OV:

      • Aliens like Bullfrag and Kickin Hawk are essentially unneeded
      • Astrodactyl is a Terradino Jetray
      • The Worst and Walkatrout shouldn't even exist
      • Bloxx is a plastic Goop
      • Crasshopper is unneeded because why do you even need a jumping alien when you have flying aliens
      • Given OV's mistake at making Toepick, you don't need him when you have Ghostfreak
      • Mole-Stache is unnecessary
      • Ball Weevil is unnecessary

      Oh but god forbid an interesting alien like Chromastone or Lodestar get a lot of appearances, we MUST show these terrible ones

      Ya know, if you start off reasoning why these aliens are "unnecessary", then you could pretty much boil down the whole list of 60-70 of Ben's aliens to 10-15.

      Let me do it for ya.

      • Big Chill was unneeded as you have Articguana and Ghostfreak.
      • Alien X is unnecessary
      • Brainstorm is unneeded as you already have Grey Matter and Frakenstrike, both of which are better at their respective jobs.
      • Chromastone is unnecessary. All he does in energy blasts.
      • Echo Echo is unnecessary, as you have Ditto and Blitzwolfer.
      • Goop is useless. You have upgrade that can do all Goop can and much more.
      • Humungosaur is useless as you have Four Arms
      • Jetray in unnecessary. Already have lot of flying aliens
      • Rath is absolutely pointless.
      • I don't need to explain Swampfire.

      So except Lodestar and Spidermonkey, all of AF aliens are "unnecessary" (if Ben had access to the original aliens). I can continue this with UA aliens. You see where this is going.

      There are rip-offs in every show (except maybe the original). But this is because there are a limited number of concepts and every show must have some new aliens.

      The point of the weak aliens in Omniverse (Mole-Stache, Worst, Pesky Dust, Walkatrout) is to show that not all aliens in the Universe have super-human powers but that some are lame and powerless and worse that even humans (but still have one or two good powers). This was a mistake in the previous shows which portrayed that humans are some sort of the weakest species in the galaxy and every single alien is far better at fighting for some reason. I personally liked this concept a lot.

      Now to counter your arguments, Astrodactyl is far better that Jetray (honestly). Bloxx is unique enough and verydifferent from Goop. Bullfrag was more for the episode Frogs of War that as a general alien. Crashhopper is different. It's a new concept rather than an amalgamation of two or more old aliens. I don't remember any character in the show finding Ghostfreak scary, at least not after the original series. Toepick can scare off Celestialsapiens. He is scary to another level. Ghostfreak can't scare Vilgax or Ma Vreedle, but Toepick should. Also, at least he's new. And I've already said about the useless 4.

      If there is any show that I'd say had the worst aliens, it would be AF.

        Loading editor
    • Yes an alien that has multiple powers (Brainstorm) should be replaced by multiple aliens with one power (Grey Matter and Frankenstrike). God-tier logic.

        Loading editor
    • As for the topic of this discussion, I think it is great Fasttrack didn't appear because he was totally a rip-off and a waste. I mean like come on. Eatle at least had a different design. The creators of XLR8 atlas gave him a visor, wheel-like spheres at his toes, some sort of a streamlined design, inspired by velociraptors. It was unique. What was Fasttrack? A furry cat with the exact same colours as XLR8. What was given to him to say that he's good at running? Nothing. He's just a blue and black standing cheetah. Come on.

      As for Jetray, he was lame. Astrodactyl is far better. Also, there are already tons of flying aliens.

      ChamAlien however, was worth showing up. He was good, and I am sure his Omniverse design would have made him far better. But I guess the reason why he didn't show up was because the writers may not have had a chance to use him (like maybe they were unable to get a suitable story) or maybe they just didn't bother. Anyway, that's the only alien of the 3 that I think deserved to be in Omniverse.

        Loading editor
    • Alanomaly wrote: Yes an alien that has multiple powers (Brainstorm) should be replaced by multiple aliens with one power (Grey Matter and Frankenstrike). God-tier logic.

      Maybe, but then aren't you just making more aliens that have the same powers. Those two were already established. Why not use them anyway.

        Loading editor
    • Though yes, Jetray should have got at least 1 or 2 appearances, but Fasttrack, definitely not.

        Loading editor
    • I disagree. If you look at all 1,000,912 aliens in the galaxy, and you compare them all side by side, I'm sure a large number of them will have similar abilities. Of all those aliens, probably at least a thousand or more are able to fly in some way or another. At least a thousand can probably swim underwater in some way. A small handful might even be like Jetray and can do both. You'll have some repetitive aliens; I'm surprised they didn't show more, to be honest.

      At the same time, some aliens which seem similar have some unique differences. Take Four Arms and Humungousaur, for example. Yes, they are two of Ben's strongest aliens for their size. But the biggest differences between them lie in two of their abilities: Humungousaur can grow from 12 ft. up to 60 ft., while Four Arms . . . . well, enough said there. I actually have a bit of a hunch in regards to how the Omnitrix selects its aliens when it recalibrates to ten. It picks aliens with specific abilities which can be helpful in a variety of situations: Flight, Swim, Space Survivability, Intelligence, Strength, and Intangibility. It's a pretty easy thing to do, since many aliens have similar abilities. And as we saw in AF, if you take an alien like Jetray which can knock out both flight and underwater, you leave the door open for a new alien to be selected. I also counter that Alien X is hardly useless or pointless; if anything, he is by far Ben's most powerful alien, to the point of rendering many of his others useless. Imagine how easy it would be for Ben to smite most of his enemies with Alien X, especially now that he has full control over it (after the events of Universe v. Tennyson).

      I also enjoyed Omniverse's showing of other aliens, like The Worst and Walkatrout, because they show the wide variety of alien life. And our opinion of some of the is exactly Ben's opinion of them; he didn't call one of his aliens "The Worst" because he liked it. He usually didn't transform into them, and when he did it usually wasn't on purpose.

      That being said, while I would have liked to see aliens like Jetray and Fasttrack used at least one or twice, I wouldn't have wanted to see them all of the time. Like how we are always seeing Humungousaur. Seriously, Ben. It's not always about strength.

        Loading editor
    • Same thing I said on another thread (and many people agreed with me), that in the universe, with so many alien species, the chance of overlapping powers is very high.

        Loading editor
    • @ElsaRules!!! and Utkar22:

      I agree with both of you and that was the point of my post. Thanks for supporting.

      Just in case it was unclear, that list of AF aliens criticised by me was a sarcastic reply to Alanomaly. I was definitely for the argument that these aliens would obviously have overlapping powers. However, I felt that Alanomaly's argument against OV in particular' was wrong. As you can see in my post I say that all shows must have new aliens. Having a prejudice against Omniverse in particular is wrong. There were some things wrong in Omniverse (for example, the topic of this discussion) but I think Alanomaly was a little unjust. Other shows made bad choices too.

      The reason my post was so aggressive might also stem from the fact that I am a fan of Omniverse, but make no doubt, I do not shy away from acknowledging its faults. I personally too wanted Chamalien to appear. Maybe Jetray too.

      Jetray, however, I found lame right from the beginning of AF. Really, I hated him from the beginning of that show itself and he's actually the only alien I do not like in the whole franchise. I guess that's the reason I wrote strongly against him that day.

      Fasttrack however is a complete waste and ripoff. I mean just come on. He is worse than a blatant copy, at least in my opinion. Your opinion for him might differ. But I remain on my stand for him. Like, I get it there will be overlaps, I myself advocate that point, but he is too much of and overlap, nay, worse than that.

      Chamalien, however, I agree, should have had appearances. If UA could do it then Omniverse should have managed to put him in at least 1-2 episodes.

        Loading editor
    • Oh and, please, @ElsaRules!!!, don't give kudos to your own post

        Loading editor
    • Apologies.

      I actually thought about Jetray a little bit. I think he was so overused in Alien Force was because he embodied three of the key alien features: Flying, Swimming and Speed. At that time, Jetray was Ben's fastest alien, since he didn't have access to either XLR8 or Fasttrack.

        Loading editor
    • Fasttrack is my least favorite alien so i had 0 problems with him appearing in Omniverse. Especially since he replaced XLR8 in UA. I remember I got so mad when Ben fought Sir George and even though the battle was really important, anyone would think, "Hey! This is a really important battle so it would be wise if I went for an alien I have a lot of experience with so my victory is pretty much guaranteed!"

      And he goes for Fasttrack even though it was clear that Ben wasn't that good with him. And Fasttrack himself isn't really that good to add on.

      Jet Ray? I like him, but I didn't dislike him not appearing. I SLIGHTLY wish ChamAlien appeared because it would have been dope if he fought Subdora or something. However, I have to disagree with some of what you guys said about the aliens being useless. 

      1. The purpose of Bull Frag was for Ben to infiltrate the Incurseans. Kickin Hawk is one of my favorites and he's a good alient to use when dealing with mid-tier Street Level guys.

      2. Astrodactyl is a pretty good & creative alien. I approve of him.

      3. Walkatrout is bad. The Worst is bad but he has the 2nd highest durability of all of Ben's aliens so he isn't completely useless.

      4. I don't really have a problem with Bloxx but I guess he's pretty useless.

      5. Crashhopper isn't that bad. He did pretty good against Animo's army of mutant ants.

      6. Toepick technically existed before OV, they just decided to actually make him an alien that Ben could use, and he>Ghostfreak in terms of scaring people. I can guarantee if it was Toepick who was fighting Crabdozer in the OS, Ben would've won.

      7. You got me there with Mole-Stache, but he is humorous.

      8. Ball Weevil is an interesting alien who serves some purpose.

        Loading editor
    • Exactly. The point of those "useless 4" is to provide humour. Like when Ben turns into Walkatrout or Worst how he somehow has to manage. See No Honor Among Bros. Yeah, and Molestache is funny.

        Loading editor
    • Shocker03 wrote: Exactly. The point of those "useless 4" is to provide humour. Like when Ben turns into Walkatrout or Worst how he somehow has to manage. See No Honor Among Bros. Yeah, and Molestache is funny.

      Honestly, I loved seeing Fistrick get beat by Molestache.

        Loading editor
    • You know what I wonder? I know Ben 10,000 has access to the Master Control, therefore can transform into every alien stored in the Omnitrix (which I feel like, in the twenty years after Omniverse, could easily be more than the 1,000,912 currently stored). Obviously he has his favorites, the most useful in any given situation, and the like. The 10,000 implies he has 10,000 aliens he has used often enough that people know who they are (or maybe it's just a nickname. Who knows.). Regardless, one has to wonder if Ben ever turned into every alien in the Omnitrix at least once.

        Loading editor
    • ElsaRules!!! wrote: You know what I wonder? I know Ben 10,000 has access to the Master Control, therefore can transform into every alien stored in the Omnitrix (which I feel like, in the twenty years after Omniverse, could easily be more than the 1,000,912 currently stored). Obviously he has his favorites, the most useful in any given situation, and the like. The 10,000 implies he has 10,000 aliens he has used often enough that people know who they are (or maybe it's just a nickname. Who knows.). Regardless, one has to wonder if Ben ever turned into every alien in the Omnitrix at least once.

      Who knows? Perhaps he has.

        Loading editor
    • I would've liked to see Spitter. They teased us by having present Ben use Articguana and Toepick (who appeared in iirc the episodes Ben 10,000 and Ken 10... since then, nope; Toepick was only name-dropped in Ken 10... a name-drop three series ago somehow makes an appearance but not an alien who has actually made an appearance) and in the UA intro which had a bunch of aliens that weren't used at all... Sure Spitter is underrated and probably forgotten, but he's interesting imo. I think Rocks should've made at least one appearance, even as a cameo, along with the other aliens from the play.

      That's just my opinion though. I like Fasttrack so all of those teasings were starting to get annoying (I mean they did the same with Humungousaur in season 1 of OV, so maybe...) and I lost all hope. Jetray I understood was overused, but not even a cameo during the New Dawn scene? Or Chamalien? (Who was supposed to appear...) Oh well...

        Loading editor
    • PrimalFan wrote:
      (I mean they did the same with Humungousaur in season 1 of OV, so maybe...)

      As annoying as this probably would've been, they should've just done that with Saur for the entirety of the series tbh.

        Loading editor
    • Yeah, that's true. What I don't get is that OV didn't have Jetray due to being overused, but Humungousaur was used just as much, if not even more than Jetray. They could've given him less appearances instead of just completely cutting him out.

        Loading editor
    • Maybe it was the Omnitrix's way of telling Ben Humungousaur isn't always the best choice for every situation he thinks it is?

        Loading editor
    • ElsaRules!!! wrote: Maybe it was the Omnitrix's way of telling Ben Humungousaur isn't always the best choice for every situation he thinks it is?

      I wouldn't be surprised honestly

        Loading editor
    • Jetray and Fasttrack must got 1-2 appearances. ChamAlien and Spitter aren't rly cool, Ghostfreak and Big Chill have same abilities as first one. While Spitter is just boring.

        Loading editor
    • well, spitter he hasn't got yet cuz the only time we ever saw ben use spitter was in the future

      But he was in the ultimate alien intro but so was Buzzshock and he came in omniverse

        Loading editor
    • Cat12348901 wrote: Jetray and Fasttrack must got 1-2 appearances. ChamAlien and Spitter aren't rly cool, Ghostfreak and Big Chill have same abilities as first one. While Spitter is just boring.

      Nope, Jetray and Fasttrack never did. Setting aside the opinion of which aliens are and aren't cool, Ghostfreak and Big Chill have different abilities from ChamAlien.

      Spitter makes sense not to have been seen, since he hasn't been "unlocked" yet. Though at the same time, I do kind-of wish we saw some different aliens used by Ben 10,000 in Omniverse (not just new combinations of already-existing aliens).

        Loading editor
    • Lol, y'all talk to much alien comparisons. That's why in omniverse, future ben aka Ben 10k created bionitrix. So like obvious alien example like jury rigg and upgrade is a same abilities to do. Ben combines alien that same power but making it more power! Example, alien like upchuck and eatle, same power but fuse. That what make sense for ben 10k alien. The more alien he got, he fuse it. He's an OP user of Bionitrix.

        Loading editor
    • ElsaRules!!! wrote:

      Cat12348901 wrote: Jetray and Fasttrack must got 1-2 appearances. ChamAlien and Spitter aren't rly cool, Ghostfreak and Big Chill have same abilities as first one. While Spitter is just boring.

      Nope, Jetray and Fasttrack never did. Setting aside the opinion of which aliens are and aren't cool, Ghostfreak and Big Chill have different abilities from ChamAlien.

      Spitter makes sense not to have been seen, since he hasn't been "unlocked" yet. Though at the same time, I do kind-of wish we saw some different aliens used by Ben 10,000 in Omniverse (not just new combinations of already-existing aliens).

      Actually Spitter was already unlocked by 11-old Ben (together with Feedback and Arctiguana), yet never used.

        Loading editor
    • And I'm not saying Jetray ans Fasttrack got their appearances, I was saying that it would be better if they appeared 1-2 times in Omniverse.

        Loading editor
    • Ah, I understand you now. Thank you for clarifying.

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message