FANDOM


  • I wish they would go back to the original art style and pick up where the original series left off, Anyone else feel the same?


    I love Ben 10,000 & Ken 10 Future Episodes, I hate how they turned Gwens magic into alien powers even a few of the Man of Action crew have said the same!

      Loading editor
    • If I'm honest, I agree with you on the art style. Because OS was the first portrayal of Ben 10, the art felt perfect for everyone and every alien. Nice video.

        Loading editor
    • I prefer the UAF art style the best. It looked much better than the original. Omniverse was ok, but I'd like to see a reboot of Omniverse.

        Loading editor
    • They actually did pick up where the original series left off. It was called "Ben 10: Alien Force".

        Loading editor
    • Blaziken rjcf wrote:
      They actually did pick up where the original series left off. It was called "Ben 10: Alien Force".

      Though continuing the OS when he's 11 would be nice to know about. I didn't really like the flashbacks in OV, they seemed pointless in the first episodes.

        Loading editor
    • Blaziken rjcf wrote: They actually did pick up where the original series left off. It was called "Ben 10: Alien Force".

      Then was "Ben 10:Ultimate Alien"

        Loading editor
    • Utkar22 wrote:

      Blaziken rjcf wrote: They actually did pick up where the original series left off. It was called "Ben 10: Alien Force".

      Then was "Ben 10:Ultimate Alien"

      Though UA was pretty good I thought.

        Loading editor
    • i saw an screenshot of reboot ben and he looks even older imo, and it doesn't look edited

        Loading editor
    • what? he looks like a 5 year old kid!

        Loading editor
    • well the one i saw appears to be a screenshot of the cartoon itself Ben_Tennyson_in_the_reboot.jpg

        Loading editor
    • hopefully

        Loading editor
    • He actually looks like a 5 year old kid.

        Loading editor
    • looks 7 years old

        Loading editor
    • Hm..

        Loading editor
    • well it isn't something you'd say "wow he looks exactly like his age" but it's ok if he is like this

        Loading editor
    • Yeah.

        Loading editor
    • R&CFOREVER
      R&CFOREVER removed this reply because:
      Becauase
      21:31, March 31, 2016
      This reply has been removed
    • That wouldn't be a great idea. It wouldn't make much sense.

        Loading editor
    • 100% agree on the artstyle. The original artstyle was amazing, and OV's artstyle was a disgrace.

      I wouldn't mind continuing from where he was 11. And it should be done better than those OV flashback.

        Loading editor
    • Superalvi100 wrote:
      well the one i saw appears to be a screenshot of the cartoon itself Ben_Tennyson_in_the_reboot.jpg

      I like how it looks like that it's from the OS. Too bad (in my opinion), Ben doesn't look cool enough. He looks like some 7 year old kid thinking that he can do awesome things, except he can't.

        Loading editor
    • Hopefully that changes over time.

        Loading editor
    • Reapeageddon wrote:

      I like how it looks like that it's from the OS. Too bad (in my opinion), Ben doesn't look cool enough. He looks like some 7 year old kid thinking that he can do awesome things, except he can't.

      It is similar to an extent but not quite not the artstyle you see in the original series.

        Loading editor
    • At least this art style won't be as a bad as Omniverse.

        Loading editor
    • It's still a lot better than the first reboot promotional art. Not quite up to OS levels, but acceptable now.

        Loading editor
    • Idk to me,i think that the AF-UA style was awesome,can someone please Twitter to the Man of action that is this show takes place in a different untiverse or what,also i think that isn't gonna go well (just saying) on top of that it looks awfully strange,to me it doesn't look or feel quite right.Do u agree?...

        Loading editor
    • OS and UAF had a very similar artstyle. Some might argue that UAF had lazier designs, but it's the same artstyle.

        Loading editor
    • What is UAF?

        Loading editor
    • Ultimate Alien/Alien Force

        Loading editor
    • Oh,well...lazy or not I think it's still cool and it was pretty intense and interesting to me and maybe some or most of the fans who might liked it,OV may have strange cartoonish design which i don't like but some of the story plot is pretty funny,interesting and maybe not half bad but seeing him as kid again that looks opposite of what he looks like in the OS in the reboot show of it and doing the reboot show is pretty wrong and stupid,I just hope it be in a different universe and not be in the ben prime.

        Loading editor
    • Midhat.ali.79
      Midhat.ali.79 removed this reply because:
      I thought that my last comment was gone.
      07:46, March 30, 2016
      This reply has been removed
    • Original Series 

        Loading editor
    • Great Ochoa
      Great Ochoa removed this reply because:
      Want links. Not images.
      23:31, March 31, 2016
      This reply has been removed
    • No, the OS and UAF don't have the same artstyle. UAF's artstyle resembles more of DC animated shows and not the Ben 10 Original Series. A few examples.

      Ben:

      [[1]]

      [[2]]

      Max:

      [[3]]

      [[4]]

      Sandra and Carl:

      [[5]]

      [[6]]

        Loading editor
    • Well it's close enough. That really feels like nitpicking.

        Loading editor
    • Just providing a few examples to make comparisons on. That's all. I wouldn't really say that they're close enough to similarity though. Like I said, UAF's artstyle resembles more of DC animated shows and not that much of the Original Series. In fact, come to think of it, UAF is pretty much the DC version of Ben 10 which figures considering that they were written and made by DC tv show writers.

        Loading editor
    • Either way, both of them are superior to OVs artstyle.

        Loading editor
    • Eh for the most part yes when it comes to UAF's artwork being better than OV's artwork; especially when it comes to the level of detail. UAF's artstyle just feels to generic for me. OV's artstyle did fit in well with OV itself. OV had a lot of energy to it while UAF just felt generic, dull, and boring; especially UA. OV's artstyle does match well with the energy of the show. However, OV probably has a little too much energy for Ben 10, though. I may criticize OV a lot but I do consider it my second most favorite show in the Ben 10 series at the moment but that doesn't mean I find it good. The biggest reason for me as to why is that it at least has a lot of energy to keep the viewers captivated and engaged and help bring some enjoyment. Yes I would also factor in that they at least tried to make OV more like the OS, it's more of the amount of energy that the show had that at least brought some enjoyment out of it. Although if Matt Wayne and Derrick J. Wyatt wanted to make OV more like the OS, they could've tried bringing Man of Action back to help them with the show instead of them trying to do their own thing and thus cause a mess out of it.

        Loading editor
    • Stryzzar wrote: Either way, both of them are superior to OVs artstyle.

      I agree,the UAF's artwork is way better and cooler than the OV's artwork.

        Loading editor
    • What is so dull about the UAF's artwork,could you give me some reasons and examples Great Ochoa?

        Loading editor
    • Well, reason one is that YouTuber RebelTaxi makes a point that UAF's artwork feels more like just an imitation of anime artwork, which he points out that it pretty much deteriorates the anime look of Ben 10; especially when compared to the OS art design. That I pretty much have to agree with. Heck, RebelTaxi even puts the UAF artwork in his Top 10 Worst Redesigns in Animations (note that it's just his opinion). Like I said before as well, the UAF artwork has more of a resemblance of DC animation shows. I even mentioned that UAF itself is pretty much the DC version of Ben 10. That doesn't bode well in my opinion because this is what adds to the generic and dull look and feel to UAF. It's gives that sense that I've already seen this done before in other shows. In fact, I'll even say that a lot of what UAF does has already been done before in other DC shows, which adds up to why I said that UAF is pretty much just a DC version of Ben 10. Overall, it's just doesn't really make UAF and its art design unique and interesting. Not only that but it has a lot less energy when compared to the amount of energy that OS had and it just didn't keep me and many other fans that don't like UAF captivated and engaged enough; especially with UA which had some really bad writing and each season just dragged on and on and on with so much filler within the story as well. Oh and all of that feels like UAF style and artwork doesn't fit the Ben 10 series either to me. I mean like heck, if I were to decide what the Ben 10 OS would resemble more of, I would say that Ben 10 would be more fitting of Marvel and not DC, which is very reasonable since that Man of Action were once former Marvel writers and comic book artists before they went and formed Man of Action. Joe Kelly even worked a lot on Deadpool. According to the 107 Facts about Ben 10 video on YouTube, Kelly repeatingly being told that Deadpool wasn't going to be successful was the reason why he left and helped form Man of Action or something of the likes.

      The OS artwork didn't feel like an imitation of an anime nor just an anime. Both OS and its artwork has that great blend and mix of actual anime and cartoon styles to it. One such example is how in the OS Gwen resembled a Tsundere character, which for those that don't know what that is, Tsundere is a character trait where the character displays both a harsh and soft behavior towards another character, going through a transition from being harsh to being soft. While I did say that Ben 10 would resemble more of Marvel, I meant that it resembles more of Marvel than DC. I would really say that the Ben 10 OS resembles more of Japanese anime, which is likely a major factor as to why Ben 10 is more popular in Asia. Either way, the artwork for the OS is just done in a more unique way. Yeah it's a blend of anime and cartoon but that's one of the major aspects that makes the OS artwork look so unique and great. The show itself also had a more unique and energetic style to it as well and had a lot of energy to help keep the fans and viewers captivated and engaged to it.

      This is just my take on all of this. My answer to Midhat.ali.79's question. Hopefully I explained it well enough.

        Loading editor
    • Great Ochoa what is your opinion on the art style in the Ben 10-Generator Rex crossover.

        Loading editor
    • It wasn't like the other shows of the series, but it wasn't part of the Ben 10 series, rather the Gen Rex series.

        Loading editor
    • Well, pretty much the same opinion as that for the artstyle for Generator Rex. I like the Generator Rex artstyle. It's good. I don't think it's great but it's good. I say that artstyle has the most resemblance to Marvel shows though. However, I didn't really like Ben's design. I don't know, he just looks to weird for me. That's just my take. Generator Rex is a good show but I wasn't really that interested in it when it came out. But yeah, Ben looked a little too weird for me in that style in the crossover.

        Loading editor
    • Great Ochoa wrote:
      Well, pretty much the same opinion as that for the artstyle for Generator Rex. I like the Generator Rex artstyle. It's good. I don't think it's great but it's good. I say that artstyle has the most resemblance to Marvel shows though. However, I didn't really like Ben's design. I don't know, he just looks to weird for me. That's just my take. Generator Rex is a good show but I wasn't really that interested in it when it came out. But yeah, Ben looked a little too weird for me in that style in the crossover.

      Generator Rex is a fantastic show and I highly recommend you watch it. Its animation, writing, and voice acting are better than Ben 10. Beware of its 2nd season, though, as its nowhere near as good as its 1st or 3rd.

      Unfortunately it happened to air in the dark age of Cartoon Network where no one cared about the network. If it was shown today, it would've been critically acclaimed and probably would've been given more seasons.

        Loading editor
    • I did watch Generator Rex when it came out and I did very much enjoyed it. However, after a while, I just ended up losing interest in it. Still, I agree, it's a really good show.

        Loading editor
    • Michael Morningstar wrote:

      Generator Rex is a fantastic show and I highly recommend you watch it. Its animation, writing, and voice acting are better than Ben 10. Beware of its 2nd season, though, as its nowhere near as good as its 1st or 3rd.

      Unfortunately it happened to air in the dark age of Cartoon Network where no one cared about the network. If it was shown today, it would've been critically acclaimed and probably would've been given more seasons.

      However there is some bright side where cartoon network is going now slowly becoming a more gender neutral network.

        Loading editor
    • Yet the quality of a lot, if not most, of their shows have dropped pretty badly though and as a result of this plus their over abundance of product merchandising, Cartoon Network had lost millions of viewers and I'm talking about losing like about 20 million viewers in the last 7 to 8 years.

        Loading editor
    • I agree.OS was brilliant.All the aliens after Wildvine were just either irrelevant or copies of the old ones(except a few AF aliens)

        Loading editor
    • Slashthehedgehog95 wrote:
      He actually looks like a 5 year old kid.


      True Dat.


        Loading editor
    • @Skyblade, not all of them. For quite a few of the Omniverse ones they got a little too creative with the aliens.

        Loading editor
    • Namely Blox.

        Loading editor
    • Yup. I'd say Gravattack counts as well, though at least he was a good addition.

        Loading editor
    • I don't know that much about Omniverse(except that they ruined Swampfire),but Gravattack feels a little bit like Humongousaur.

        Loading editor
    • Yeah, I hate what did to Swampfire. Gravattack can control gravity, which is quite unique among the aliens.

        Loading editor
    • Then again,Ghostfreak looks pretty cool now.

      That's the thing about the AF aliens.they all have different powers from the orignals,yet still feel like them in some sense

        Loading editor
    • Their powers were similar, but were still distinct enough from the OS aliens. Swampfire was a plant guy, but had fairly different capabilities to Wildvine. Though people still accuse AF aliens of being a ripoff of the OS roster. But what can you do? Just roll with it.

        Loading editor
    • They were and they wernt.Im glad they still kept the vibe of the old ones in there,but when it came to Omniverse Swampfire suddenly became really useless because of Heatblast and Wildvine and Ditto is rarely useless because Echo Echo is better that's him in nearly every respect.

        Loading editor
    • Some of them (not all), did feel like pretty pointless ripoffs though. Like Humungousaur and Four Arms, Artiguana and Big Chill, or Shocksquatch and any electric alien.

      Ditto actually didn't turn out too bad in Omniverse, as there was that advantage to using him with the independent thinking and using multiple Dittos to bridge a gap.

        Loading editor
    • I couldn't care less about Artiguana,and even then Big Chill isn't much of a rip off.i generally think he takes Stinkfly's place(albeit not being anything like him)

      Well,there was no need for sonics,so...

        Loading editor
    • For me Artiguana was everything Big Chill was, only with less abilities. Big Chill was pretty awesome, with the creepy ice ghost theme.

      Not sure about Big Chill replacing Stinkfly, they're very different. Stinkfly was more of 10 yr Ben's favorites.

      Maybe people complained Echo Echo was too OP.

        Loading editor
    • Yeah,I liked him...until they ruined him in Omniverse like Swampfire was.

      I mean he replaces Stinkfly's role as flying alien.

      He really isn't

        Loading editor
    • He wasn't as bad as Omniverse Swampfire, even if his design made him look like he had the outfit of Batman from Brave and the Bold.

      Yeah I realized. But they're still too different. Stinkfly fired slime while Big Chill freezed stuff. Big Chill is closer to Ghostfreak imo.

      From what I heard, it was because if there were multiple Echo Echos that died, if one of them was still alive then Ben would live. And that made him OP apparently.

        Loading editor
    • And Spidermonkey?

      Ghostfreak's role is taken by Alien X.

      Isn't Ditto the same?

        Loading editor
    • Superalvi100 wrote:
      well it isn't something you'd say "wow he looks exactly like his age" but it's ok if he is like this

      Well i don't think anyone looks exactly their age i look 5 years younger then what i actually am (which kinda stinks) so im actually fine with how it looks it looks better then the first piece of artwork we saw.

        Loading editor
    • @Skyblade

      OV Spidermonkey was tolerable at least, even though I prefer his UAF design.

      You think so? Alien X doesn't appear often enough, while Ghostfreak still has a bit of focus in OV due to being a plot related alien.

      Last I checked, no. If one Ditto clone dies all of them die.

        Loading editor
    • Agreed.

      I meant Alien X in AF and Ghostfreak in OS.

        Loading editor
    • Ohhh. Hmm, I guess in a sense since they were both the "last resort" alien. Even if their powers are drastically different to each other.

        Loading editor
    • Maybe Ben should have a twin sister and younger brother.

        Loading editor
    • Why?

        Loading editor
    • I wouldn't mind Ben having siblings, but I want Sandra to be a single mother (I don't hate Carl, but he doesn't seem very interesting and wouldn't mind him leaving or killed off), I also think they need to add some relatable things for the viewers.

        Loading editor
    • Well there just wasn't much that was done with Carl Tennyson, unfortunately. Heck, the episode "Goodbye and Good Riddance" from the OS had more character put into Carl as well as had him more involved with the episode than what AF and UA did with him. Carl doesn't even make an appearance in OV. The most that was ever done in the sequel shows for Carl was that he, along with Sandra, berated Ben for BEING A HERO and then after somehow managing to get onto the Highbreed's cargo ship, blasting a Highbreed with a laser gun that he and Sandra just happens to have or something. I think a better way to even do that episode would be that Ben's parents wouldn't actually be mad at Ben for doing his hero stuff but instead actually be disappointed with him for not telling them and having to lie to them about his secret. Or at least something like that. Either way, Carl just doesn't have much on him. There needs to be more added to him as a character. Heck, I've read fanfiction stories that does a lot more for Carl, Sandra, Natalie, and Frank  than what the shows did. Again, I don't think that the problem is that he's not interesting. I think the problem with Carl is that not enough is being done for him as a character.

        Loading editor
    • Rexfan177 wrote: I wouldn't mind Ben having siblings, but I want Sandra to be a single mother (I don't hate Carl, but he doesn't seem very interesting and wouldn't mind him leaving or killed off), I also think they need to add some relatable things for the viewers.

      For a long time that thing was Ben...maybe another Omintrix user?i know it's far fetched but it would make sense.even better,maybe give him/her the Ultimatrix which actually wasn't destroyed at all?

        Loading editor
    • Rexfan177 wrote: I wouldn't mind Ben having siblings, but I want Sandra to be a single mother (I don't hate Carl, but he doesn't seem very interesting and wouldn't mind him leaving or killed off), I also think they need to add some relatable things for the viewers.

      And they could have Omnitrixes too(siblings)!

        Loading editor
    • i like the idea of the sequel series that they had come up with but i dont like the art style

        Loading editor
    • Same.the old art style was great,the UAF one was ok,but the Omniverse and reboot one is so bad I could cry

        Loading editor
    • Superbike10 wrote:

      Michael Morningstar wrote:

      Generator Rex is a fantastic show and I highly recommend you watch it. Its animation, writing, and voice acting are better than Ben 10. Beware of its 2nd season, though, as its nowhere near as good as its 1st or 3rd.

      Unfortunately it happened to air in the dark age of Cartoon Network where no one cared about the network. If it was shown today, it would've been critically acclaimed and probably would've been given more seasons.

      However there is some bright side where cartoon network is going now slowly becoming a more gender neutral network.

      What do you mean by Cartoon Network is going now and is slowly becoming a more gender neutral network....?

        Loading editor
    • Skyblade743 wrote: Same.the old art style was great,the UAF one was ok,but the Omniverse and reboot one is so bad I could cry

      I agree,however ever since i saw the ben 10 alien force,idk why I think it looks great though it isn't much of an energetic type I could admit that though i think it looks cool to me,OS was amazing UAF was cool OV however is pretty bad.

        Loading editor
    • Skyblade743 wrote:

      Rexfan177 wrote: I wouldn't mind Ben having siblings, but I want Sandra to be a single mother (I don't hate Carl, but he doesn't seem very interesting and wouldn't mind him leaving or killed off), I also think they need to add some relatable things for the viewers.

      For a long time that thing was Ben...maybe another Omintrix user?i know it's far fetched but it would make sense.even better,maybe give him/her the Ultimatrix which actually wasn't destroyed at all?

      I disagree with both of your statements not to mention him a sibling that is also not good as well.I however am bothered by it.

        Loading editor
    • As I said,far fetched.

        Loading editor
    • Midhat.ali.79 wrote:

      Skyblade743 wrote:

      Rexfan177 wrote: I wouldn't mind Ben having siblings, but I want Sandra to be a single mother (I don't hate Carl, but he doesn't seem very interesting and wouldn't mind him leaving or killed off), I also think they need to add some relatable things for the viewers.

      For a long time that thing was Ben...maybe another Omintrix user?i know it's far fetched but it would make sense.even better,maybe give him/her the Ultimatrix which actually wasn't destroyed at all?

      I disagree with both of your statements not to mention him a sibling that is also not good as well.I however am bothered by it.

      I understand your opinion, but it's a reboot and it's possible to see that happen, it won't happen though, but I'm willing to see where they would take it if they did. I mostly want to see Ben have a single mother because Carl is not important at all and the fact that I like Sandra more than Carl because she has a personality.

        Loading editor
    • I hope they cancel the reboot show and restart it from where they take and fix the artwork and graphics of it of or this reboot show takes place in a different universe or in a different dimension.

        Loading editor
    • Midhat.ali.79 wrote:
      I hope they cancel the reboot show and restart it from where they take and fix the artwork and graphics of it of or this reboot show takes place in a different universe or in a different dimension.

      Heh, I really doubt they're going to cancel it considering they already put so much work to it. It would be a waste of time and money just to throw it away.

        Loading editor
    • Yup. Too much waste of money

        Loading editor
    • Michael Morningstar wrote:
      Midhat.ali.79 wrote:
      I hope they cancel the reboot show and restart it from where they take and fix the artwork and graphics of it of or this reboot show takes place in a different universe or in a different dimension.
      Heh, I really doubt they're going to cancel it considering they already put so much work to it. It would be a waste of time and money just to throw it away.


      I really respect people who, despite disliking a certain product (in this case, the reboot), can still think realistically and from other people's point of view,  (in this case being the producers, voice actores, writers and animators).

        Loading editor
    • they can't. he died

        Loading editor
    • Darth Awar wrote:
      I wish they would go back to the original art style and pick up where the original series left off, Anyone else feel the same?


      I love Ben 10,000 & Ken 10 Future Episodes, I hate how they turned Gwens magic into alien powers even a few of the Man of Action crew have said the same!

      There's no use crying over spilled milk, what's done is done.

        Loading editor
    • They didn't turn her magic into alien power per-say but they made it so that her genetic makeup was the reason she was so gifted and not because of her actual talent, which kind of took away from her character for me atleast. I agree with the comment about the art style, although I would rather them go back to Gen rex/UAF art style as that was my personal favorite. I would further like to add-on however that I wouldn't want them to pick up where OS left off, because that would be just another OV instead of its own show.

        Loading editor
    • Hardin015
      Hardin015 removed this reply because:
      Accidently hit undo
      08:27, May 11, 2016
      This reply has been removed
    • I almost agree. I mean I do but like i knew the art style was gonna change. But it is better than nothing. Things happen and we'll just have to live with it. I for one can live with it, i  can get used to the art style.

        Loading editor
    • I think this new art style is too young. In the OS, Ben looked 10 years old, and more importantly he was WRITTEN and ACTED 10 years old. I feel like this new art style is going to include a higher pitched voice, and turn the character into a sterotyped 6 year old from any of Nickelodeon's 90s shows. A sterotype does not a chacrater make. 


      On the upside, almost no way it could as a big as a disappointment as Teen Titans Go!. I wonder which is worse compared to the original series, Teen Titans Go! vs. Teen Titans Classic, or Avatar the Last Airbender series vs. Avatar the Last Airbender film?

        Loading editor
    • Teen titans go is a total dissapointment for me since i loved the original teen titans. It also sucked that the people making teen titans go never even watched the original teen titans (no wonder it turned out so bad)

        Loading editor
    • At least Air Bender was just bad, and not downright offensive. TTG is just horribly obnoxious and encourages kids to misbehave, clouded by the flashy colors and slapstick.

      I don't think the Ben 10 reboot could possibly be as bad as TTG. At least these writers do seem to have some knowledge of the past Ben 10 franchise, and aren't being intentionally insulting.

        Loading editor
    • Orion Invictus
      Orion Invictus removed this reply because:
      Non-kid-friendly language
      08:34, May 22, 2016
      This reply has been removed
    • Orion Invictus
      Orion Invictus removed this reply because:
      Post the user is replying to no longer exists
      08:34, May 22, 2016
      This reply has been removed
    • Darth Awar wrote:
      I wish they would go back to the original art style and pick up where the original series left off, Anyone else feel the same?


      I love Ben 10,000 & Ken 10 Future Episodes, I hate how they turned Gwens magic into alien powers even a few of the Man of Action crew have said the same!

      By the way, did a few members of Man of Action really say that? Is there proof?

        Loading editor
    • Joe Kelly of MOA basically stated this on his last AMA on Reddit 5 months ago.

      https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/3uhm13/i_am_joe_kelly_man_of_action_writer_of_i_kill/

      From Joe Kelly's AMA:

      RizzMustbolt: How did you feel about CN taking Ben 10 in a more sci-fi direction and dumping most of the mystical elements of the show?

      Joe Kelly: I think all of the Ben 10 iterations have pluses and minuses. It's nice to keep the concepts simple so the world is clean... ... that said, I prefer a universe with some variety. So I would have kept Gwen's magic magic. :)

        Loading editor
    • He didn't say he hated it, at all. He just says he'd prefer it if Gwen's magic had remained of mystical origin.

        Loading editor
    • I don't think anyone, except for Darth Awar, said that Joe Kelly and/or anyone else at MOA hated the Anodite approach to Gwen. Just that they prefer for Gwen to be a sorceress and not half Anodite and Joe Kelly says this in a professional, mature, rational, and reasonable way. That's really just it.

        Loading editor
    • Stryzzar wrote:
      At least Air Bender was just bad, and not downright offensive. TTG is just horribly obnoxious and encourages kids to misbehave, clouded by the flashy colors and slapstick.

      I don't think the Ben 10 reboot could possibly be as bad as TTG. At least these writers do seem to have some knowledge of the past Ben 10 franchise, and aren't being intentionally insulting.


      Teen TIans Go is rated PG, if the kids misbehave, the parents are not doing their work, I don't see anyone saying that Spongebob encourage their kids to misbehave by showing slapstick.

        Loading editor
    • I'm not talking about the viewer rating, I'm talking about how it keeps taking stabs at the original series, often mocking viewers with implications like: "that's the show that you want, but you're not getting it."

      And that doesn't mean every PG rated show has to automatically be disgusting and obnoxious. Most of the Ben 10 series were rated PG, but was nothing like TTG. Being rated PG doesn't change the fact it utterly sucks.

        Loading editor
    • Orion Invictus
      Orion Invictus removed this reply because:
      Spam
      19:18, May 28, 2016
      This reply has been removed
    • Orion Invictus
      Orion Invictus removed this reply because:
      Spam
      19:19, May 28, 2016
      This reply has been removed
    • I hope Grandpa Max gets his eyes back OV_Max_Hawiaan_Shaurt.png

      There always close in Omniverse

        Loading editor
    • Lol, even when he opens them they're just dots.

      I think DJW said it's to look like Gizmo's eyes from Teen Titans.

        Loading editor
    • I totally agree, the animation style of the first series was excellent. Why are they ruining the iconic look? When will they get it right?!?! :(

        Loading editor
    • Midhat.ali.79 wrote:
      Idk to me,i think that the AF-UA style was awesome,can someone please Twitter to the Man of action that is this show takes place in a different untiverse or what,also i think that isn't gonna go well (just saying) on top of that it looks awfully strange,to me it doesn't look or feel quite right.Do u agree?...

      Yep!

        Loading editor
    • I have no hope for this reboot.

      Just another failed experiment AFAIC.

        Loading editor
    • It's amazing how everyone already seems to know exactly what the reboot will be like just by knowing:

      a) It's a reboot.

      b) It's going to be made by MoA.

      c) What the artwork looks like.

      For the record, I'm referring to both those who say it'll be great and those who say it'll be terrible.

        Loading editor
    • Well there's more than just that that people use to determine their views of the next Ben 10 show. Many, like myself, look to the past and more specifically Cartoon Network's history and what they've been doing in the past at least 5 to 6 years to predict what will more likely happen. Considering how Cartoon Network treats their shows nowadays, especially how they're disregarding most action shows in favor of making more comedy shows and Cartoon Network focusing more on oversimplifying their shows and wanting to sell more toys and merchandise, many believe that the next Ben 10 show will be of even lower quality. One of the most recent major examples of this is the Powerpuff Girls reboot.

      As mentioned before, Cartoon Network focuses more on merchandise sales than the actual quality of their shows. After all, that is the actual and real reason why they're even making this next Ben 10 show. This has even gone to the point where they've given many of their great shows the boot if they don't sell toys well enough. Symbionic Titans is one of the many examples of this. I heard that Ultimate Alien's toy sales did so badly that barely anyone wanted to buy and sell Omniverse toys, which end up resulting in Cartoon Network giving Omniverse the boot by rushing out the rest of the remaining seasons at times where not a lot of viewers are even able to watch and keep up with them. If toy sales for Ultimate Alien did so bad that barely anyone wanted to buy and sell the Omniverse toys, what makes Cartoon Network think that the toy sales for the next Ben 10 show will even sell well enough? I have a feeling that even if the next Ben 10 show does turn out to be good, if it doesn't do well enough in the sales of its merchandise, then Cartoon Network will most likely end up giving that show the boot as well.

      I don't believe that the next Ben 10 show will be any good in regards to its quality and even if it does turn out to be good, I doubt that it's going to be successful enough in sales for Cartoon Network to want to keep it around on the network. History sings a different tune here.

        Loading editor
    • There's a difference between "based on X, Y, and Z, I think the reboot might be good/bad" and "the reboot is unquestionably bad, and I won't even bother watching it because I already know it's bad". The latter is what everyone seems to be doing. No previews, no plot - nothing. But the reboot is already the worst Ben 10 series to date. Reminds me of another certain series called Ben 10: Omniverse.

        Loading editor
    • Well not everyone. We also do have a plot for the next Ben 10 show, which is that Ben, Gwen, and Max go on their summer road trip and Ben finds the Omnitrix. It's the same premise as the Original Series and it was mentioned back during the announcements of this very show.

      I can see why people have those very negative views towards the next Ben 10 show and even towards Omniverse before it came out. Alien Force was seen as a disappointment for many. One of the biggest problems wasn't that Alien Force was dark, serious, and mature because the Original Series was also really dark, serious, and mature. The problem for many was that it was too dark, serious, and mature and was missing that aspect of the Original Series where it was light, colorful, fun, and comedic. Alien Force felt more like a DC show when, much like the Original Series and in my opinion, it should've been more like a Marvel show. The writers then decided to try and make Ultimate Alien more like the Original Series and it didn't work out well mostly becasue Ultimate Alien was just so slow with its story and was just filled with filler episodes. Ultimate Alien was basically a boring filler show. You also have to add in Cartoon Network's obsession for selling Ben 10 toys and merchandise, which many fans and viewers got so tired of pretty quickly. Like I mentioned before, Ultimate Alien's toy sales did so bad that barely anyone wanted to buy and sell Omniverse toys.

      Constant disappointments with each of the sequel shows and a sheer overabundance of advertising and selling toys and merchandise. I can see why many hated Omniverse before it even came out and why it's the same for this next Ben 10 show. People are sick and tired of Ben 10. Barely anyone even asked for another Ben 10 show. More viewers wanted for shows like Courage the Cowardly Dog, Young Justice, Kids Next Door, and Samurai Jack to make a return on Cartoon Network than another Ben 10 show and the same went with the PPG reboot show as well. They're both just more blatant attempts for Cartoon Network trying to sell more merchandise considering that both Ben 10 and the PPG series were some of the most financially successful shows that Cartoon Network has ever had.

      Another point that I want to make is that there is that saying "don't judge a book by its cover" but the thing is that most people do use that "x, y, z" mindset that I explained and you mentioned. Most people don't judge things before they come out. They do find their own reason behind having the very viewpoints that they form. Most people do look back at history and at what they know now to form their own opinions and interests. That includes those that you're mentioning. However, one problem that I have is that we're seeing the "what" of their opinions but we're not getting the "why" and I bet that's what you're seeing here. The "what" but not the "why." I do see a lot of what people's opinions are but I also want to see why they have those very opinions so that I can understand where they're coming from when forming these opinions and that's pretty much the problem that you've pointed out here. We're just not getting enough of the "why" here. People formed those opinoins for a reason and I want to know what those reasons are. Once I understand their viewpoints, that's when I decide whether those very viewpoints are justifiable or not. At least that's my take on this.

        Loading editor
    • Great Orocha, one point I keep seeing you making is comparing Alien Force to DC animated show. Just what is wrong with DC animated? They've had tonnes of successful shows with huge fandoms and iconic characters. And isn't it really that surprising if it is like DC? They're both owned by Warner Bros., and Ben 10 is heavily inspired by the superhero genre to begin with (plenty of aliens and villains parodying existing superhero/villains). I really don't see why being like DC is an issue.

        Loading editor
    • It's my own personal preference, opinion, and analysis. I've noticed that Alien Force and Ultimate Alien are pretty similar to DC animated shows. Exen having similar, if not the same, art styles. McDuffie and Murakami are DC writers so it makes sense that AF and UA are pretty similar to DC shows. The Original Series is quite similar to the style of Marvel animated shows, which makes sense since that Man of Action, the creators of Ben 10, were former Marvel comic book writers. I like Marvel more than DC. That's just my preference. In my opinion, I say that Ben 10 should be more like a Marvel show. That it should have more of the style of Marvel animated shows. Dark, serious, mature, and action-oriented but also light, colorful, fun, and comedic. As far as I know, DC for the most part is just really dark, serious, mature, and action-oriented. Marvel offers more with its style here and that's one of the reasons why I like Marvel more than DC and that's also the style that the original Ben 10 matched more of as well. If anything, Ben 10 is based more around Marvel than DC. Just look at the characters Ben and Gwen Tennyson and compare them to Spider-Man characters Peter Parker, Gwen Stacy, and Mary Jane Watson. They're very very similar to each other. I even heard from another Ben 10 fan that Joe Kelly even stated in an interview that Ben and Gwen are based around those very characters. If you like for Ben 10 to be more like DC, sure I'm fine with that. That's your opinion and it's my own opinion and preference that I rather prefer that Ben 10 is more like a Marvel animated show. I can also see how Ben 10 is and can be more like a Japanese anime as well.

        Loading editor
    • I would also like them to go back to the original art style, although UAF style was my favorite.

        Loading editor
    • I personally prefer Marvel over DC, but I have no issue for DC at all, and still don't feel "being like DC" should be used as a criticism. And that's a very big generalization. There are plenty of Marvel shows that are more serious, while other DC shows can be more lighthearted. Just because you have seen some that fit the bill that does not mean anything for them all.

      I could never compare them to the Spider-Man cast. Characters are far too different. Different age groups, different setting. Peter Parker is a sad clown trying to learn responsibility and live with grief. Ben Tennyson is an immature kid who just got given the greatest toy and is having the time of his life. And there isn't that Ben-Gwen "doofus-dweeb" relationship in Spider-Man as far as I'm aware either.

      Again, nothing to do with my preference. I just could not understand why it was an issue at all to compare it with DC.

        Loading editor
    • Well too bad because I'm using that as criticism because that's my subjective opinion. If I find Ben 10 being more like DC is an issue, then that's my opinion. You can disagree with it but that's my opinion. Anyone can make whatever comparison they want no matter what the reason is otherwise. I don't like Ben 10 being more like a DC show. Again, that is my subjective opinion.

      As for comparing Ben and Gwen Tennyson to the main Spider-Man cast, you'd be surprised becasue yeah, Ben and Gwen are very much similar to Peter Parker, Gwen Stacy, and Mary Jane Watson. Or at the very least that's my opinion on that. That's not how I see Peter Parker as either. You know what, I'll just post this page that I made. This is the comparison between these characters that I see here. Whether you agree or disagree, this is just my opinion and this is what I see here. I'm also posting this here because you certainly don't see the similarities that I'm referring to.

      http://ben10club.org/topic/99/ben-10-and-spider-man-main-character-comparisons-analysis

        Loading editor
    • Alright alright. Your opinion, that's fine.

        Loading editor
    • They should name the reboot Ben 10: Legend of the Tennyson or Ben 10: Legend of the Omnitrix.

        Loading editor
    • Has anyone seen stinkfly yet?

        Loading editor
    • Yes, back when early artwork was leaked and now with the short clip on Instagram showing the sneak peak of the Ben 10 reboot. I still really don't like the redesign.

        Loading editor
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/BGuNTZURdL2/

      The blue one that looks new is stinkfly.

        Loading editor
    • RIP Stinkfly :S

        Loading editor
    • Stop complaining about Stinkfly, I know it's going to take some time to get use too, but that's how reboots work. Honestly I'm okay with the design, but all I want is to see if the series is good or not which I hope so, I'm just happy they stuck with traditional animation and not crappy flash style animation.

        Loading editor
    • If Siggemannen doesn't like the new Stinkfl design, he/she doesn't like it. That's his/her view on it. I'm already used to the new Stinkfly design and I still don't like it. Getting used to something doesn't improve the quality of it.

        Loading editor
    • I'm just saying that you shouldn't let the design get to you, the series has went through a ton of design changes and you should be use to it by now. I'm not saying you have to like it, but at least give it a chance.

        Loading editor
    • I DO look forward to the actual series, and hope they will be good, so far been a fan of them all. But until then, all we have is the designs, and Stinkfly kinda stinks in that area :P The other guys look ok.

      As you say, most important is the story and writing in general

        Loading editor
    • Yeah, honestly I'm not the biggest fan of the art style (I would have preferred the Legend of Korra art style, but they are with Voltron now), but it ain't horrible like some other CN shows. I just hope the writing and characters will be better than the original but with things for the older fans of the original series. Would cool to see them take the good things from the OS, AUF, and OV series and add them in this reboot.

        Loading editor
    • You guys are complaining about stinkfly but look how drastic shocksquatchs redesign was. and look at ghostfreak from os-af he got redesigned to his true form. I bet if ghostfreak was just redesigned like that for no reason and it was never explained that it was his true form then everyone would be mad as well. I think the design is fine and whether you do or not its just one out of 10 aliens its not like ben used stink fly alot to begin with.

        Loading editor
    • Omg the new Stinkfly looks TERRIBLE... rip :(

        Loading editor
    • Yeah, but those two redesigns were awesome :)

        Loading editor
    • Very much agree. There's a difference between good redesigns and bad redesigns. Just because two other aliens got a great redesign doesn't justify the redesign that Stinkfly got. Shocksquatch got quite a nice redesign in Omniverse while Ghostfreak's redesign in the Original Series was freakin awesome. Stinkfly's redesign looks terrible though. It makes Stinkfly look more like a discount Big Chill and, even worse, a lot more like a superhero than an alien. The redesigned Stinkfly doesn't even look alien at all. They should have kept Stinkfly's original design instead of making this piece of garbage for the reboot.

        Loading editor
    • I agree.

        Loading editor
    • Can we stop complaining over Stinkfly and just wait until the reboot airs. Seriously we can't have everything we want with this series, but at least give it a chance.

        Loading editor
    • I actually enjoy seeing everyone complain honestly, it's nice seeing different poitns of view and laugh at the text walls.

        Loading editor
    • i perfer the first animation style but i liked OV and the reboots as well

        Loading editor
    • CreeperDNA wrote:
      https://www.instagram.com/p/BGuNTZURdL2/

      The blue one that looks new is stinkfly.

      Thank you for posting the link. I was generally...eh, mixed when seeing the video. At least the animation is a step up from Omniverse.

      I kinda like Stinkfly's new animation, despite alot of people objecting it. And the others are going to take a while to adjust.

      I just hope they dont screw up Charmcaster and Hex's designs.

        Loading editor
    • Ok, I've see a lot of hate towards Ben 10 reboot mainly because of animation and designs...

      Funny thing is; most of those who say that animation and design sucks and SU, AT and Gravity Falls watchers. Now funny part: they like those shows and don't complain about their animations, whiel somehow Ben 10 reboots animation is awful. Do they need glasses or something? Are they blind.Their animations and design are on same train as Ben 10 reboot's animation. Hell, I would even consider: Regular Show and Adventure Time's designs and animation way worse than reboot..

      That's just , I assume, nostalgia speaking. Which is awful, whoever thinks this X better than Y because of nostralgia has a huge problem and is wrong. Now, what I hope for series:  to be as serious as GF and Steven Universe, to have comedy ,but to have more action, TBH. Awesome fights. That's it.

        Loading editor
    • Yeah i hope the show has some awesome fights. To me i think the reboot artwork is way better then anything cartoon network has on the air now (and thats not just because i don't like any of then) I feel that it has way more detail which is a good thing.

        Loading editor
    • CMButch:

      In regards to your point with people's views on the art designs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OEc5r7FVzs

      In regards to people saying other people only view things because of nostalgia: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38r9WSqkLzk

      People's biggest problems with the art design and animations of the Ben 10 reboot is in regards to style and the establishment of the Ben 10 series. People like shows such as Steven Universe and Adventure Time and Regular Show becasue they really are good shows and even if their art designs aren't up to par with other shows such as the Ben 10 OS, Generator Rex, Teen Titans, etc, it does suit and fit those very shows. The art design and animations for the Ben 10 reboot doesn't fit Ben 10. In fact, that is not what Ben 10 is supposed to look like either. The Ben 10 reboot art design is supposed to look like the Original Series or at the very least Alien Force and Ultimate Alien. Not this downgraded, ugly looking, mediocre, flash art piece of garbage. It's the same reason as to why so many show dislike towards Omniverse's art design and animations. It's why so many show dislike towards Teen Titans Go! and the Powerpuff Girls reboot art designs and animations. It's not what these shows are supposed to look like. The style of their art designs and animations don't fit the shows. Just something that I want to explain.

        Loading editor
    • You haven't even seen the animation of the reboot. People complaining about it has no justification.

      The creators wanted Ben 10 to look like this, I think their opinion has more weight than yours.

      Everyone who complains about OV's animation doesn't know what they are talking about. In the last few days I've seen like 5 or 6 people including you, having no clue on what animation is.

      You can say that many people dislike a show, but it is only because those people want to watch these new shows even though they are meant for children. Their old favorites are still there, nothing is ruined, there is absolutely no need to complain about something that won't change.

      Alright, what is their style of animation? Please explain that.

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.