FANDOM


  • Orion Invictus
    Orion Invictus closed this thread because:
    Old thread
    16:32, October 10, 2014

    Should we add it as Phiander?

      Loading editor
    • Is there a source that confirms his name?

        Loading editor
    • Well according to Oneofthosedf, his name was said at 14:00 in The Rooters of All Evil.

        Loading editor
    • Whoever said his name might have said, this is simply what I think, Phil and er (unknown what er might be).

        Loading editor
    • Madlooney6 wrote:
      Whoever said his name might have said, this is simply what I think, Phil and er (unknown what er might be).


      I can finally answer. No, Phil wasn't even around when Proctor said his name. Now I know that he has different names in all dubs.

        Loading editor
    • Wasn't Ragnarok considered for the Rooters? It would make sense if this was him.

        Loading editor
    • No, it wouldn't.

        Loading editor
    • Oneofthosedf wrote:

      Madlooney6 wrote:
      Whoever said his name might have said, this is simply what I think, Phil and er (unknown what er might be).


      I can finally answer. No, Phil wasn't even around when Proctor said his name. Now I know that he has different names in all dubs.

      Phil might been mentioned so he doesn't need to be around for his name to be mentioned. It is annoying when characters have different names in all dubs.

        Loading editor
    • Dude, Proctor turned around and told him: Phiander! and he started to shoot more powerful blasts. Phiander is not a word so it must be his name.

        Loading editor
    • Oneofthosedf wrote: Dude, Proctor turned around and told him: Phiander! and he started to shoot more powerful blasts. Phiander is not a word so it must be his name.

      I can't wait for the episode to be shown in English, that would solve this mystery once and for all. Phiander does sound cool though.

        Loading editor
    • lol, this episode seems like a big middle finger to what Dwayne made for UAF.

      Considering Derrick mentioned he was considered for the Rooters and said he may or may not be dead, i still kind of think it has a chance of being true.

        Loading editor
    • Bladedshard wrote:
      lol, this episode seems like a big middle finger to what Dwayne made for UAF.

      Considering Derrick mentioned he was considered for the Rooters and said he may or may not be dead, i still kind of think it has a chance of being true.


      He said he was a rooter but there are no plans for him.

        Loading editor
    • His name is Phi'ander, go to Universo Ben 10 for proof.

        Loading editor
    • Yes, Proctor Servantis said his name in 14:02

        Loading editor
    • The only problem is that he seems to have different name in spanish, so it might end up having a different english name too.

        Loading editor
    • Oneofthosedf wrote:
      The only problem is that he seems to have different name in spanish, so it might end up having a different english name too.


      I agree with you we should wait untill an english name is confirmed.

        Loading editor
    • I hate it when characters have different names in each of the dubs. Some anime and mangas are sometimes like that.

        Loading editor
    • Madlooney6 wrote:
      I hate it when characters have different names in each of the dubs. Some anime and mangas are sometimes like that.

      Sometimes it's in a bad attempt to preserve jokes embedded in the names. Other times it's because they mean wildly different things in those languages.

        Loading editor
    • I only now that if Kevin is Osmosian, then Cooper and Michael Morningstar, have to be too

        Loading editor
    • After rewatching it over and over, I figured out that the spanish name is something like Piente which actually means container. It is also similar to Phiander or Phi'ander (the Portugese name).

        Loading editor
    • Oneofthosedf wrote: After rewatching it over and over, I figured out that the spanish name is something like Piente which actually means container. It is also similar to Phiander or Phi'ander (the Portugese name).

      So his name means container. Could that be added to his page?

        Loading editor
    • Madlooney6 wrote:

      So his name means container. Could that be added to his page?

      No.

        Loading editor
    • Oneofthosedf wrote:

      Madlooney6 wrote:

      So his name means container. Could that be added to his page?

      No.

      If his name in Spanish is Piente ad the Portugese name is Phiander or Phi'ander, what would his English name be if the container theme is continued?

        Loading editor
    • Madlooney6 wrote:

      Oneofthosedf wrote:

      Madlooney6 wrote:

      So his name means container. Could that be added to his page?

      No.
      If his name in Spanish is Piente ad the Portugese name is Phiander or Phi'ander, what would his English name be if the container theme is continued?

      There are no such words as "Phiander" or "Phi'ander" in Portuguese. They don't mean anything.

        Loading editor
    • Also, I have to add that his spanish name sounds similar to Piente, it's Phinte or Finte or something like that but I have talked with spanish people about this and they couldn't figure it out either. (each said something different)

      Phiander sounds similar to Phiente but I checked all the similar words in Portugese and they don't mean anything.

        Loading editor
    • Blaziken rjcf wrote:

      Madlooney6 wrote:

      Oneofthosedf wrote:

      Madlooney6 wrote:

      So his name means container. Could that be added to his page?

      No.
      If his name in Spanish is Piente ad the Portugese name is Phiander or Phi'ander, what would his English name be if the container theme is continued?

      There are no such words as "Phiander" or "Phi'ander" in Portuguese. They don't mean anything.

      They might be corruptions of other portugese words.

        Loading editor
    • It still comes from the word recipiente it is just modified. That's all.

        Loading editor
    • Madlooney6 wrote:

      Blaziken rjcf wrote:

      Madlooney6 wrote:

      Oneofthosedf wrote:


      Madlooney6 wrote:

      So his name means container. Could that be added to his page?

      No.
      If his name in Spanish is Piente ad the Portugese name is Phiander or Phi'ander, what would his English name be if the container theme is continued?
      There are no such words as "Phiander" or "Phi'ander" in Portuguese. They don't mean anything.
      They might be corruptions of other portugese words.

      Nope. We haven't used "ph" in quite a long time (think centuries; I don't think even my grandmother learned to write like that), having replaced it with "f", and there's no word that means "container" in Portuguese that looks anything like "Phiander" or "Phi'ander". In addition, we don't use apostrophes. Ever. There's not a single context in Portuguese where it's right to use an apostrophe. Besides, unless I'm mistaken, the episode aired in Brazil; not any Spanish-speaking country, meaning that the name "Piente" was made up by the Spanish-speaking fans, making it irrelevant to the discussion.

        Loading editor
    • Blaziken rjcf wrote:

      Nope. We haven't used "ph" in quite a long time (think centuries; I don't think even my grandmother learned to write like that), having replaced it with "f", and there's no word that means "container" in Portuguese that looks anything like "Phiander" or "Phi'ander". In addition, we don't use apostrophes. Ever. There's not a single context in Portuguese where it's right to use an apostrophe. Besides, unless I'm mistaken, the episode aired in Brazil; not any Spanish-speaking country, meaning that the name "Piente" was made up by the Spanish-speaking fans, making it irrelevant to the discussion.

      First of all, I was the one who watched the episode in spanish, since the episode was aired in Latin America as well. I can assure you that it's not made up.

      The apostroph in Phi'ander was simply added by the fans as a reference to P'andor. I don't know difference between f and ph since, I assume that was added by the fans as well.

        Loading editor
    • Oneofthosedf wrote:
      First of all, I was the one who watched the spanish dubbed episode, since the episode was aired in Latin America as well. I can assure you that it's not made up.

      The apostroph in Phi'ander was simply added by the fans as a reference to P'andor. I don't know difference between f and ph since, I assume that was created by the fans as well.

      There's no difference between "ph" and "f" in terms of pronunciation. It's a matter of spelling. Anyway, "Phiander" is nothing like the Portuguese for "container". There are a few letters in common, but that's it. The pronunciation is irrevocably different, as well as the spelling.

        Loading editor
    • Orion Invictus
      Orion Invictus removed this reply because:
      Asking for illegal content
      12:17, August 3, 2014
      This reply has been removed
    • Don't ask for illegal websites that have Ben 10 Omniverse episodes, there's a page full of legal links here.

        Loading editor
    • Trigger009
      Trigger009 removed this reply because:
      old but innaproprite post, death threat like post, though the user has been dealt with already.
      16:29, October 10, 2014
      This reply has been removed
    • who said his name is leander?

        Loading editor
    • Vilgaxrocks wrote:
      who said his name is leander?


      Sidapa0

        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.