|This article belongs to the Classic Continuity|
Terraspin is a green, turtle-like alien with large flipper-like arms, and stumpy legs. The tips of his arms also have three holes each, which can extend finger-like claws to use as fingers.
In Ultimate Alien, Terraspin had eight holes in his shell and a circular body shape.
In Omniverse, Terraspin looks mostly the same, except he now has six holes in his shell, brown spots on his upper legs, toes, and shoulders, and a hexagonal and slightly larger body shape. The black stripes under his eyes are thicker, his legs are shorter, and his feet have each gained three toes.
Powers and Abilities
Terraspin can create devastating wind blasts and tornados. When doing so, he retracts his head into his shell, opens a hatch to see, his fins become triangular, and his legs combine into a similar shape. His shell stays static and suspended while his limbs rotate at high speeds.
The holes in Terraspin's shell eject powerful winds, as well as the reverse, creating strong vacuums. He can use his winds to fly, blowing air to hover over a surface and using his rotating limbs as propellers.
Terraspin possesses enhanced strength, as he was able to hold a giant robot with his bare hands while spinning, charge into a building by busting down a door, punch a mutant seagull, and carry a Tetramand on his back while keeping steady flight.
Even though Terraspin has flippers rather than hands, he has enhanced dexterity as he can hold poles without fingers.
Terraspin’s arms become very sharp while spinning.
Terraspin possesses enhanced durability when he is completely withdrawn into his shell, as demonstrated by Galapagus.
Terraspin can extend the black holes at the tips of his flippers into finger-like claws, as demonstrated by Galapagus.
If he gets stuck to something and cannot spin his arms and legs, or if any the holes on his chest get blocked, Terraspin's wind powers will decrease.
If enemies jump onto Terraspin while he attempts to fly, he has to attempt to shake them off, making his flight unsteady.
Also while flying, Terraspin's arms become very sharp while spinning, making him essentially a spinning blade, which may cause unintentional damage.
Unless he is flying, Terraspin's body is cumbersome and not very agile, as Attea claims if he wanted to run, Ben picked the wrong species to turn into. The position of his face also gives him a very big blind spot and he has to turn his entire body around to see behind him.
If a small object is jammed in Terraspin's shell, it can cause him to stop in order to remove the obstruction. This also appears to cause him great discomfort, as he describes the ordeal to be "really not comfortable".
Terraspin can be affected by magic if he is not using his magic immunity.
Terraspin can easily slip on certain surfaces, such as water.
- In Escape from Aggregor, Terraspin's DNA was sampled and put in the Codon Stream when the Ultimatrix scanned Galapagus' DNA.
- Terraspin first appeared in Reflected Glory, where he fought and destroyed a giant robot created by the Forever Knights.
- In The Forge of Creation, Terraspin defeated some Aggrebots on the Rust Bucket 3.
- In Absolute Power: Part 1, Terraspin blew Gwen into a wall, but she used a spell to slow him down, making him powerless and forcing him to switch into NRG.
- In Revenge of the Swarm, Terraspin, Gwen, and Kevin charged into Victor's old lab and met Egor.
- In Basic Training, Terraspin put out a fire in Magister Hulka's barracks.
- In Simian Says, Terraspin briefly battled some DNAlien Arachnichimps until he reverted.
- In The Widening Gyre, Terraspin fought some mutated seagulls.
- In Inspector 13, Terraspin blew all of Inspector 13's bombs away to get Julie to safety.
- In The More Things Change: Part 2, Terraspin and Rook chased after Bubble Helmet.
- In Many Happy Returns, Terraspin was defeated by Princess Looma.
- In T.G.I.S., Terraspin battled some Chupacabras.
- In Vilgax Must Croak, Terraspin blew away Attea and EightEight.
- In While You Were Away, Terraspin helped land the ship Young One was piloting.
- In The Ultimate Heist, Terraspin battled Negative Goop and tried to get the Polymorphic Crystal, but failed when Albedo threw an object that jammed his shell.
- In For a Few Brains More, Terraspin rescued Azmuth and his brain.
- In Catfight, Terraspin battled Princess Looma until Attea used the Omnitrix Remote Control to change him into Bullfrag.
- In Universe vs. Tennyson, Terraspin defeated Fistina.
- In Rook Tales, Terraspin failed to take off Young One's tail.
- In A New Dawn, Terraspin appeared for a short time when Ben was cycling through his aliens.
- Season 2
- Season 3
- Season 1
- The More Things Change: Part 2 (first reappearance)
- Season 2
- Many Happy Returns (accidental transformation)
- Season 3
- Season 4
- Season 6
- Season 7
- Season 8
- A New Dawn (cameo)
Terraspin is one of the Andromeda Galaxy aliens playable in the game.
Terraspin is able to use his powers to blast himself forward and up ramps.
Terraspin is vital for progression on The Catacombs and The Colosseum levels of the game.
Naming and Translations
|Bulgarian||Тайфун||From тайфун, typhoon|
|Chinese||旋风神龟||From 旋风 (Xuàn Fēng), tornado, and 神龟 (Shén Guī), turtle|
|Croatian||Teraspin||From the original English name|
|Dutch||Cyclospin||From cyclone and spin|
|French||Tornade||From tornade, tornado|
|German||Turbostürmer||From turbo and sturm, storm|
|Greek||Κινητή Γη||From κινητή, spin, and γη, terra|
|Hungarian||Búgócsiga||From bugócsiga, humming top|
|Italian||Vortice||From vortice, vortex|
|Polish||Terrawiatr||From terra and wiatr, wind|
|Portuguese (Br)||Tartagira||From tartaruga, turtle, and girar, spin.|
|Romanian||Rotorterra||From rotor, rotor, and terra, earth|
| From черепаха, turtle|
From ураган, hurricane
|Spanish (HA)||Tortutornado||From tortuga, turtle, and tornado|
|Spanish (Spain)||Torbellino||From torbellino, twister|
|Turkish||Terraspin||From the original English name|
- In Omniverse, whenever Terraspin talks, a fan sound is played in the background.
- Terraspin and the other Andromeda aliens have their powers related to a certain element; for Terraspin, it is wind.
- Terraspin was the Alien of the Month in March 2011.
- Terraspin went through many name changes during development, but the early names were all shut down by the writer's legal team.[PD 1]
- Terraspin was designed by Steven Choi and Chap Yaep.[DJW 1]
- Terraspin resembles the Japanese monster Gamera, as both were turtle-like in appearance, both could fly, both look roughly similar, both could draw into their shells, and both could spin while in their shells either as an attack or a form of flight.
- Terraspin did not appear in Where the Magic Happens because Ben simply did not know said transformation would have been particularly useful in the magical environment of Ledgerdomain at the time.[DM 3]
- Ben 23 has an alternate counterpart of Terraspin.[DJW 2]
- ↑ Simian Says
- ↑ Basic Training
- ↑ Inspector 13
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Reflected Glory
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Revenge of the Swarm
- ↑ The Widening Gyre
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 7.3 Many Happy Returns
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 The Ultimate Heist
- ↑ The More Things Change: Part 2
- ↑ Ultimate Aggregor
- ↑ Map of Infinity
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 Escape from Aggregor
- ↑ Where the Magic Happens
- ↑ Enemy of My Frenemy
- ↑ Rook Tales
- ↑ Vilgax Must Croak
- ↑ Catfight
- ↑ Absolute Power: Part 1