|This article belongs to the Classic Continuity|
Talpaedans are ten-feet-tall aliens that look like a cross between rodents and robots. They have hard yellow armored skin. Their arms contain jackhammer parts, which are also present on their hands and other places. They have a tail. They have four fingers and three toes. Talpaedans from Dimension 23 tend to be blue.
Only male Talpaedans have been seen, so it is unknown what female Talpaedans look like.
Powers and Abilities
Talpaedans have incredible digging capabilities thanks to their jackhammer arms, and can transform their hands into drills to help themselves burrow underground and move through it. Talpaedans can even dig through solid rock. Their drill hands can also be very useful in battle, as seen when Armodrillo fought Slamworm. Their drill hands can also cause a lot of pain to a Galilean.
Talpaedans possess enhanced durability, courtesy of their armor. They are durable enough to withstand attacks from many powerful opponents, as well as being thrown through walls and other solid surfaces.
Talpaedans can create destructive earthquakes by placing their hands on the ground and pumping the jackhammer pistons on their elbows. They can also do this by slamming their hands onto the ground.
Talpaedans have the capability to cause a magnitude 10 earthquake depending on where they try it, such as fault lines on tectonic plates.[DR 1]
Talpaedans can extend their hands by pushing in the screws on their arms.
Talpaedans able to create fissures in the ground, although they may have to first dig deep underground to do this.
Certain weapons can cause a Talpaedan's nervous system to go out of control and make them unable to stop vibrating his arms. They can also have a hard time controlling their jackhammers if they are scared, as demonstrated with Andreas.
Talpaedans can be suffocated if a large amount of matter covers their whole body and compresses it enough.
Talpaedans have a weakness against electricity.
Talpaedans cannot cause an earthquake on surfaces such as bedrock.[DR 1]
- Armodrillo (the Omnitrix's DNA sample of a Talpaedan)
Notable Talpaedan Hybrids
The name Talpaedan is derived from Talpidae, which is a name for a family of mammals that includes subterranean animals such as moles.
- Because the Talpaedans are from the Andromeda Galaxy, Talpaedan DNA wasn't in the Codon Stream until the Ultimatrix scanned Andreas' in Andreas' Fault.
- Talpaedans have grey, partially translucent blood.
- Poiana Lüncas was revealed to be Armodrillo's, and by extension, the Talpaedans', home planet in the fifty-third issue of the Cartoon Network Action Pack series, released on December 1, 2010.[merch 1] Despite this, on April 14, 2011, a user named Reece Philippe Villamonte edited Armodrillo's page, claiming that Terraexcava was his home planet. The page for Terraexcava would later be created on April 30, 2011 by another user named Sillifactu, citing Bandai's website and fan site Ben10Toys.net as sources. Archived pages from the Bandai site do not seem to have any information regarding Armodrillo's home planet. Thus, Poiana Lüncas is the true name of the Talpaedans' home planet.
- Cartoon Network Action Pack #53; file