|This article belongs to the Classic Continuity|
Sumo Slammers is a large franchise spawning up to video games, trading card games, TV shows, movies, mp3 players, etc., which appears often in the Ben 10 series, of which Ben is a huge fan. Gwen and Kevin too are interested in it, as seen in Game Over and Vengeance of Vilgax: Part 1 respectively, but have lost interest in it.
Sumo Slammer Smackdown is a video game in which Sumo Slammer's main character Ishiyama, fights and battles against the shape-shifter Kenko, his archenemy. In the episode Game Over, Ben and Gwen wound up in the video game when Ben attempted to use Upgrade to cheat at the game and was struck by lightning whilst playing. The Omnitrix is altered to make Ben find the Omnitrix shaped upgrades that transforms Ben into his aliens eventually collecting Four Arms, Cannonbolt and Upgrade which he uses to trounce Kenko and escape the game alive. It is one of Ben's favorite games.
In Framed, Ben refers to a game Sumo Slammers 2.1
In Video Games, Ben mentions Sumo Slammers IV: Tournament Edition.
There are three known colors of card shown in the series:
The most common card.
The second most common card.
The rarest card. Ben puts a lot of effort into finding this card, and it is very valuable to Sumo Slammers fans. It's first seen in Washington B.C., in a store.
Sumo Slammer DigiDownloader
This device downloads songs from Sumo Slammer Smackdown.
In the episode Kevin 11, Ben went Ghostfreak to play a game in a four star hotel when he wasn't allowed into the arcade because of that very video game and promptly caused himself, Max and Gwen to be thrown out after Max already paid for the Room.
In the episode Monster Weather, is revealed that there is also a Sumo Slammer TV show. Ben makes several indirect references to Alien Force while watching the show, and the series is a parody of the Ben 10 franchise. The sequel of Sumo Slammers that he watches in Alien Force is called Sumo Slammers: Hero Generation. Interestingly, Hero Generation was the original working name for Alien Force. It takes place 5 years after the original Sumo Slammers series (just like Alien Force takes place after 5 years), with the villain from the original series teams up with the Hero, a reference to Kevin joining up with Ben in Alien Force. Ben even references how Alien Force wasn't as popular as the original, by saying that Hero Generation was all messed up and whatnot. When Kevin expresses disgust towards the show, Ben says it is not as good as Sumo Slammers classic, a reference to Ben 10. He then says that in 5 episodes, it would switch to the original.
In Duped, Ben watched Sumo Slammers IV movie in 3D, where he and the other viewers used 3D glasses while wearing Samurai-like wig. He watches this movie again but this time with Elena disguised as Julie in The Perfect Girlfriend.
In the episode Have I Got a Deal for You, Ben receives a rare Sumo Slammer Action Figure from Blarney T. Hokestar. There were also toys of Ishiyama and Kenko seen in And Then There Was Ben in Gwen 10 Timeline's Ben's hands.
- Ben 10 Returns: Part 1 (first reappearance)
- Vengeance of Vilgax: Part 1
- The Final Battle: Part 1
- Have I Got a Deal for You (first reappearance)
- Of Predators and Prey: Part 1
- Ben Again
- Rules of Engagement (flashback)
- And Then There Was Ben
- Cough It Up
- Fight at the Museum
- It's a Mad, Mad, Mad Ben World: Part 1
- From Hedorium to Eternity (flashback)
- Stuck on You
- Third Time's a Charm
- According to Ben, the company purposely includes one bad episode every season to boost interest.
- Omnitrixter is Ben's Sumo Slammers online account.
- Kevin appears to have been a fan of Sumo Slammer in the original series and Vengeance of Vilgax: Part 1. However, he appears to have lost interest in it by The Final Battle: Part 1, as seen when he leaves Ben's house while Ben watches Sumo Slammers. As he leaves, Kevin quotes "I'm surrounded by nerds," namely Ben and his Sumo Slammers craze.
- In Duped when Ben was watching a Sumo Slammers movie in the theater he and the audience said, "it's slammer time!", another parody of the series being that his catch phrase is "it's hero time!".
- The Dimension 23 counterpart of Sumo Slammers is Judo Jammers.
- In the online game: FusionFall several other characters like Sumo Slammers. Such as Bloo (Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends) and Mandark (Dexter's Laboratory) oddly enough they were both mentioned during Nano Missions. Bloo needs his Juice box back so he can play Sumo Slammers online and beat Omnitrixter (Ben) and same with Mandark except he wants to find out who Omnitrixter is.
- In Ben 10 Ultimate Alien: Cosmic Destruction, Jimmy Jones told Ben that there will be a new sequel movie called Sumo Slammers 2: Electric Slammeroo. This is strange however, as by the beginning of Ultimate Alien, there is already a Sumo Slammers IV movie, as seen in Duped.
- Sumo Slammers is often used to be a meta-reference to the Ben 10 franchise, as well as other big franchises in real life.