|This article belongs to the Classic Continuity|
|Click here to see the Reboot Continuity version of this article|
|This article is a stub. You can help by editing it.|
Sumo Slammers is a large franchise spawning merchandise such as video games, trading card games, TV shows, movies, and MP3 players.
Sumo Slammer Smackdown is a video game in which Sumo Slammer's main character Ishiyama, fights and battles against the shape-shifter Kenko, his archenemy. In the episode Game Over, Ben and Gwen wound up in the video game when Ben attempted to use Upgrade to cheat at the game and was struck by lightning whilst playing. The Omnitrix is altered to make Ben find the Omnitrix shaped upgrades that transforms Ben into his aliens eventually collecting Four Arms, Cannonbolt and Upgrade which he uses to trounce Kenko and escape the game alive. It is one of Ben's favorite games.
In Framed, Ben refers to a game Sumo Slammers 2.1.
In Perfect day, Ben plays a game called Sumo Slammers space wars.
In Video Games, Ben mentions Sumo Slammers IV: Tournament Edition.
There are three known colors of card shown in the series:
The most common card.
The second most common card.
The rarest card. Ben puts a lot of effort into finding this card, and it is very valuable to Sumo Slammers fans.
Sumo Slammer DigiDownloaderEdit
This device downloads songs from Sumo Slammer Smackdown.
In Kevin 11, Ben turned into Ghostfreak to play a game in a four star hotel when he wasn't allowed into the arcade because of that very video game and promptly caused himself, Max and Gwen to be thrown out after Max already paid for the Room.
In the episode Monster Weather, is revealed that there is also a Sumo Slammer TV show.
In The Final Battle: Part 1, Ben makes several indirect references to Alien Force while watching the show, and the series is a parody of the Ben 10 franchise. The sequel of Sumo Slammers that he watches in Alien Force is called Sumo Slammers: Hero Generation. Interestingly, Hero Generation was the original working name for Alien Force. It takes place 5 years after the original Sumo Slammers series (just like Alien Force takes place after 5 years), with the villain from the original series teams up with the Hero, a reference to Kevin joining up with Ben in Alien Force. Ben even references how Alien Force wasn't as popular as the original, by saying that Hero Generation was all messed up and whatnot. When Kevin expresses disgust towards the show, Ben says it is not as good as Sumo Slammers classic, a reference to Ben 10. He then says that in 5 episodes, it would switch to the original.
In Duped, Ben watched Sumo Slammers IV movie in 3D, where he and the other viewers used 3D glasses while wearing Samurai-like wig. He watches this movie again but this time with Elena disguised as Julie in The Perfect Girlfriend.
In the episode Have I Got a Deal for You, Ben receives a rare Sumo Slammer Action Figure from Blarney T. Hokestar. There were also toys of Ishiyama and Kenko seen in And Then There Was Ben in Gwen 10 Timeline's Ben's hands.
Ben 10: Alien ForceEdit
- Ben 10 Returns: Part 1 (first reappearance)
Ben 10: Ultimate AlienEdit
- Duped (first reappearance)
Ben 10: OmniverseEdit
- Rules of Engagement (flashback)
- The popularity of Ben's aliens with kids made Sumo Slammers not so popular by the end of the summer in the original series.
- Like all video games, the "main boss" fight with Kenko is the hardest level.
- Gwen and Kevin were interested in Sumo Slammers at one point, but have since lost interest.
- In Duped when Ben was watching a Sumo Slammers movie in the theater he and the audience said, "It's slammer time!", another parody of the series being that his catchphrase is "It's hero time!".
- The company purposely includes one bad episode every season to boost interest.
- Omnitrixter is Ben's Sumo Slammers online account.
- The Dimension 23 counterpart of Sumo Slammers is known as Judo Jammers.
- In the online game: FusionFall several other characters like Sumo Slammers. Such as Bloo (Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends) and Mandark (Dexter's Laboratory) oddly enough they were both mentioned during Nano Missions. Bloo needs his Juice box back so he can play Sumo Slammers online and beat Omnitrixter (Ben) and same with Mandark except he wants to find out who Omnitrixter is.
- Sumo Slammers is often used as a meta-reference to the Ben 10 franchise, as well as other big franchises in real life.
- ↑ Washington B.C.
- ↑ Monster Weather
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Pop-up trivia from the enhanced version of Game Over
- ↑ File:Sumo Slammers Less Popular.png
- ↑ File:Kenko Hardest Level.png
- ↑ Game Over
- ↑ Kevin 11
- ↑ Vengeance of Vilgax: Part 1
- ↑ Voided
- ↑ The Final Battle: Part 1
- ↑ Jimmy Jones
- ↑ Andreas' Fault
- ↑ Rules of Engagement
- ↑ Ben Tennyson (Dimension 23)
- ↑ It's a Mad, Mad, Mad Ben World: Part 1