|This article belongs to the Reboot Continuity.|
Slapback is the Omnitrix's DNA sample of an unknown species from an unknown planet.
Slapback takes the appearance of a green humanoid frog with grey metallic eyebrows. He wears a blue, black and white jumpsuit covering all except for his arms and feet, as well as a grey and black mask. The Omnitrix is located on his back.
Slapback's voice becomes higher pitched the more he duplicates.
Powers and Abilities
Slapback is capable of duplicating himself to an unknown degree when his back is struck or sufficient pressure is applied on it. The clones are not linked in any way and can act independently from one another.
Each time he duplicates, the resulting clones become smaller, heavier, denser and stronger by a proportionate amount. For example, upon duplicating for the first time, the clones are half his original size and twice as heavy, dense and strong.
He is also able to allow the clones to fuse back together into the original Slapback form.
Slapback seems unable to control his duplicating power, as each strike on his back forces him to duplicate unwillingly.
|This section needs expanding. You can help by adding info.|
- In Innervasion Part 5: High Override, Slapback was added to the active playlist due to the Omnitrix's reboot.
- Slapback was first used in Omni-Copped, where he tested his powers inside the Omni-Copter.
- In Rath of Con, Slapback appeared in a daydream.
Slapback's name is a combination of the words "slap" and "back"; this is a reference as to how his duplication powers work: by slapping his back.
A "slapback" is a kind of doubling echo with relatively long delay between repetitions of the sound, so that the individual echoes can be perceived.
- As evidenced in the opening intro for season 3, Slapback replaced Grey Matter.
- Slapback's name was coined by Gwen and approved by both Max and Phil.
- Ben's proposed names for the alien were "Big Boy" and "Brawno".
- His frog-like design slightly resembles Bullfrag.
|Omnitrix Aliens (Reboot Continuity)|
|Introduced in Ben 10|
|Cannonbolt • Diamondhead • Four Arms • Gax • Grey Matter • Heatblast • Humungousaur • Overflow • Rath • Shock Rock • Slapback • Stinkfly • Upgrade • Wildvine • XLR8|
|Cannonbolt • Diamondhead • Four Arms • Grey Matter • Heatblast • Overflow • Stinkfly • Wildvine • XLR8|
|Amalgam Ben • Grey Arms • XLRArmBlastDiamondHeat||Hot Dog Alien • Glitch Fusion|