|This article belongs to the Classic Continuity|
Slamworm's species is the predatory species of Talpaedans.
Slamworm is a giant worm-like alien with sharp teeth, a wide beak-like mouth, and a tail ending in a pincer like set of spikes. Slamworm possesses a lavender and orange hide, a white underbelly, grey spikes running down her back, and four red insectoid legs on each side near the front.
Slamworm wears a red spiked collar with the Nemetrix on it.
Powers and Abilities
Like the Talpaedans it feeds on, Slamworm is a skilled burrower, able to tunnel through almost any surface at remarkable speed and can sprout anywhere she wants at a fast rate.
Slamworm can spit multiple balls of acid from her mouth at a rapid pace to dissolve the metal bodies of Talpaedans so that they are easier to consume.[DJW 1]
Slamworm's beak is able to find the joints in a Talpaedan's armor where it can be pried open.[DJW 1]
Slamworm possesses sharp teeth as well as enhanced strength and durability.
- Slamworm first appeared in It Was Them, where she attacked Ben outside of the Burger Shack only to be defeated by Diamondhead and was recalled by Khyber.
- In Of Predators and Prey: Part 1, Slamworm counterattacked Armodrillo and sent him flying through the air.
- In Of Predators and Prey: Part 2, Slamworm battled Armodrillo before switching into Buglizard.
- In Outbreak, Slamworm appeared because of a malfunction with the Nemetrix and attacked Khyber.
- In Malefactor, Slamworm battled Armodrillo before switching into Hypnotick once Ben turned into Big Chill.
- In A Fistful of Brains, one of the Panuncian's clones used its Nemetrix to transform into Slamworm after the Panuncian cornered Ben.
- Season 1
- Season 2
- Khyber's Panuncian
- Season 4
- Ben 10: Omniverse
Naming and Translations
|French||Slamworm||From the original English name|
|Hungarian||Pondró||From pondró, maggot|
|Italian||Vermone||From vermone, big worm|
|Polish||Grzmotorobak||From grzmot, slam and robak, worm|
|Portuguese (Br)||Vermônico||From "Verme" (maggot) and the sufix "Ico", which means "similar to".|
|Romanian||Vermix||From vierme, worm|
|Russian||Боевой червь||From боевой, combat and червь, worm|
Slamworm's name is a play on the words slam and worm.
- Slamworm strongly resembles the Graboids from the Tremors movie and television series, being a massive, monstrous worm that burrows underground and has an armored "beak".
- Slamworm is the only known Nemetrix alien to come from the Andromeda Galaxy.
- It is unknown why Malware and Khyber went after the natural predator of the Talpaedan when its DNA wasn't added to the Codon Stream until after Ben scanned Andreas.
|Buglizard • Crabdozer • Hypnotick • Mucilator • Omnivoracious • Panuncian • Slamworm • Terroranchula • Tyrannopede • Vicetopus|
|Ultimate Panuncian||Way Big's Predator|