|This article belongs to the Classic Continuity|
|Click here to see the Reboot Continuity version of this article|
The Rust Bucket is Max Tennyson's RV. It is outfitted with an array of Plumbers' technology including jet propulsion and laser weaponry. Despite having state-of-the-art armaments and capabilities, the Rust Bucket has a faulty toilet and a broken air conditioner. It was destroyed sometime before the events of the flashbacks in Omniverse and replaced by the Rust Bucket 2.
In The Visitor, the Rust Bucket gets blown into pieces, and was able to be reassembled in less than one full day.
In Ben 4 Good Buddy, it is shown that various clicks and button pushing can create a type of effect to the Rust Bucket, such as firing ice cubes or making the hydraulics turn on.
FutureIn Ben 10,000, the Rust Bucket is upgraded with new advanced hi-technology. The inside also looks quite bright. The RV can also fly. A door in the Rust Bucket also leads to a chamber which contains the Null Void Projector which had to be moved due to Dr. Animo's actions.
Ben 10: Race Against Time
- Turbo engine (later upgraded by Cooper Daniels)
- Plumber map
- Thrusters: Powerful jet thrusters deploy from the rear and sides of the RV.
- Grappling Cable: A high-tensile strength cable with a spike at the end to attach onto things.
- Electric Pulse: The wheels of the RV can discharge electrical currents.
- Flamethrowers: The exhaust pipes of the Rust Bucket can expel a superheated plume of flames.
- Gyro Blades: Reconfigures the paneling along the sides of the RV to emit a powerful energy beam.
- Laser Turrets: Turrets deploy from the back of the Rust Bucket that can fire laser blasts.
- Plasma Cannon: A narrow, cylindrical apparatus that deploys out of the side of the Rust Bucket and can produce a powerful plasma discharge.
- Hidden Gun Compartment: In the cup holder between the driver and passenger seats, is a hidden compartment that held a gun.
- Ejector Seats: Both of the cab seats can be ejected and have built-in parachutes to slow descent.
- Intergalactic Monitoring System: An advanced threat detection interface.
- Ram: The grill of the RV extends out and to the sides. It glows with energy and can be used to ram objects with great force.
- Rocket: A rocket launcher positioned on top of the RV.
- Caltrops: Small spiked balls are deployed behind the RV to pop a pursuers tires.
- Autopilot: A system that drives the Rust Bucket autonomously. It was initially faulty and could only travel in straight lines until it was rewired by Cooper Daniels.
- Dream Entering Machine: Allows the users to enter another person's dream. It was displayed in Perfect Day.
The Rust Bucket has a small bathroom located toward the rear of the vehicle. The toilet is infamous for requiring three people to flush it.
The bedroom is located at the rear of the vehicle. When Gwen and Ben were on their road trips, Ben slept on the upper bed while Gwen slept on the lower bed. When not used for sleeping, the beds stow away and the bedroom converts to a lounge area with a U-shaped couch and coffee table.
The Rust Bucket has a kitchenette on the left side of the vehicle, opposite of the entry door. Next to the door on the right side is a small, two-seat dinette table. Max prepares meals, most of which Ben and Gwen don't like.
- Ben 10: Secret of the Omnitrix
- Ben 10: Race Against Time (alternate timeline)
- Ben 10: Destroy All Aliens
Naming and Translations
|Hungarian||Rozoga||From Rozoga, Rattletrap|
|Portuguese (Br)||Lata Velha||From Lata Velha, Old Can|
|Spanish (HA)||Cámper (before Omniverse)||From Campér, Campervan|
- Its license plate number is "S81Z1M". Translating each number to their place in the alphabet spells "SHAZAM", a reference to the 1974 show that inspired the base concept of the original series (a super-powered road trip with a young child and a guardian mentor).
- Its design is heavily based on the GMC motorhome.
- Max Tennyson refers to the Rust Bucket as "family."
- The Rust Bucket is similar to Lone Starr's space Winnebago from the 1987 film Spaceballs.
- The Plumbers built four Rust Buckets - of the other three, one was destroyed and two are in storage at Mt. Rushmore.
- The Rust Bucket was designed by the Plumbers to run on gasoline as part of its disguise.
- A common fault in many old motorhomes, the beds do not have safety bars. As a result, both Ben and Gwen have fallen out of their beds at one time or another.
- Ben mentions in Ben 4 Good Buddy that the vehicle can go 300 miles an hour (and also that it takes 3 people to flush its toilet).
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Pop-up trivia from the enhanced version of Ultimate Weapon
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 File:Four Rust Buckets.png
- ↑ Pop-up trivia from the enhanced version of Ben 10 vs. the Negative 10: Part 1
- ↑ File:Rust Bucket Autopilot.PNG
- ↑ Pop-up trivia from the enhanced version of Don't Drink the Water
- ↑ File:Rust Bucket Gas.PNG