|This article belongs to the Classic Continuity.|
Throughout the Ben 10 franchise, various changes in the continuity, otherwise known as retcons, have been made. Below are most of the retcons made in the franchise.
Ben 10: Alien Force
- The Plumbers are now an intergalactic police force, when it was established in the original series that they were a secret government organisation comprised of humans only, and several with a racist attitude towards aliens.
- Gwen's powers are now alien in origin, inherited from her grandmother Verdona, as well as magical.
- Kevin's backstory, species, and his power's origin have been altered for the series.
- He is now an alien hybrid with the ability to absorb a shell of material around his body instead of a mutant that has the ability of absorbing, storing, and redirecting energy.
- He inherited his powers from his father, Devin Levin, instead of getting them as a result of a mutation.
- The Forever Knights now have different factions instead of being one whole group.
Ben 10: Ultimate Alien
- It is revealed that Kevin's stepfather is actually a good person and that Kevin wasn't kicked out, but he went insane with power, destroyed the house, and ran away.
- The queen in Ben 10: Alien Swarm has been changed into a decoy queen created by the real queen to avert suspicion towards her.
- Ben 10: Race Against Time has been retconned into an alternate timeline.
- Ben's future has changed.
Ben 10: Omniverse
- The origin of the Galvanic Mechamorphs was revised from the original toy info.
- Ben's last encounter with Vilgax was when he was 11, though it was established in Alien Force that he last met him when he was 10.
- Max never met Kevin's dad, who didn't even exist - it was all a fake memory made by Servantis.
- Osmosians are no longer aliens; rather, they are humans with a unique genetic component that gives them powers.
- Ben's future has changed back into the future that he originally had in the original series. However, some elements of the future depicted in the original series were revised.
- The Plumbers' Helpers now have different origins.