|This article belongs to the Classic Continuity|
|Click here to see the Reboot Continuity version of this article|
Ben as Rath
Rath is about nine feet tall. He resembles an orange and white bipedal tiger with one black claw coming out of each wrist and no tail. He is also muscular and has green eyes. He has black stripes on his shoulders, head, legs and upper body as well as a white jaw, neck, chest, stomach, hands and feet. The Omnitrix/Ultimatrix is located in the center of his chest.
In Ben 10-Generator Rex: Heroes United, fur stuck out of Rath's arms, chin, and head, making his appearance more pronounced.
In Omniverse, Rath looked similar to his Alien Force and Ultimate Alien appearance, but was more muscular, with longer and more pointed eyebrows. His fur appeared darker as well. His eyebrows were completely black (except in his first reappearance).
In Secret of Dos Santos, Skurd fixes the Omnitrix error that made Rath naked by giving him an outfit similar to that of a luchador (a Mexican masked wrestler). His luchador outfit has a green and black color scheme. He also wears black boots, black gloves, and a luchador mask. His claws are now greyish-silver instead of black. The Omnitrix is now on his luchador belt.
Mad Ben as Rath
Mad Ben's Rath has darker fur, orange eyes, and a hair style like Mad Ben's. He also has Mad Ben's Mad Max style silver plates with orange spikes on his shoulders, lower arms, and calves. The Omnitrix symbol is on a black panel on his chest and is colored orange. He is also slightly thinner than Ben Prime's Rath.
Albedo as Negative Rath
In Alien Force, Negative Rath looked exactly like Ben's Rath but had red eyes and his Ultimatrix symbol was red as well.
In Ultimate Alien, he lacked an Ultimatrix symbol.
In Omniverse, Negative Rath has white fur instead of orange and has dark grey stripes. He now has clothing, just like Ben's Rath. However, he lacks the mask and the tank top. He has black shorts, along with red gloves and boots. He has a red belt with the Ultimatrix symbol on it.
Rath's personality resembles that of Marvel Comics' Wolverine and a stereotypical professional wrestler.
He almost always speaks in third person. Sometimes, when Rath becomes extremely angry, he mixes up metaphors (such as "a man's food is his castle" or "you just bit off an eye that's bigger than your stomach can chew"). He acknowledges they don't make sense, but still continues to use them. Rath's muscle-over-brains mindset makes him needlessly argue with everyone around him. He even shouts at inanimate objects, like a hole he made in the ground, a stolen spaceship, gravity, water, fire, the Omnitrix and Ultimatrix for their malfunctions, the Proto-Tool's laser pointer, a giant ball of yarn, and a paper bag on his head, arguments of which were ridiculous and that occasionally lead him to harm both himself and others. His big mouth often gets Rath and his teammates into trouble; such as when Kevin tried to reach an agreement with Vulkanus, he mocks the latter's defeats from them and calls him "baby man", resulting in the negotiation downgrading into a fight.
When Rath is angry at someone or something, he usually yells a sentence starting with, "Let me tell ya something" followed by the full name of the person, calling Kevin by his, or their position, labelling Khyber "self-proclaimed greatest huntsman in the galaxy".
He is very fearless to the point of recklessness, as he didn't hesitate to literally jump down Jarett's throat to rescue the Tiffin or about firing the Vreedle Brothers out into space after they blasted him and his tray of food. Rath doesn't make empty threats, as shown after saving Tiffin and threatening to mutilate Jarett with rearrangement of his organs into a sweater if he started a war with the Lewodans, his low growl hinted he meant it. He also once outright stated he intended to hit Rojo in the head during a train robbery. Ben even agreed with Gwen's premonition that Rath would do something unthinkable if he ever went after J.T. and Cash upon learning about them taking credit for his heroics. Rath has a lot of pride in his capabilities and himself, expressing bluntness or anger instead of gratitude when Gwen and Rook saved him on occasions and denied needing enhancements from Skurd against Exo-Skull.
Over time, Ben has gained slight control of himself when he's Rath. He once lowered his voice when talking to Gwen on the phone, even though he had two Forever Knights at his ferocious mercy, and mildly called her unempathetic response "harsh".
Because of Rath's extremely low intellect, Kevin cannot help but mock or make fun of him.
Despite the fact that Rath is supposed to know nothing but anger and fighting, he is shown to be friendly towards Tiffin, though not at first.
Rath lacked the strong sense of shame his kind have, as he was always naked but had no shame.
Albedo as Rath
Powers and Abilities
Rath possesses enhanced strength and agility, enabling him to jump great distances and lift objects heavier than himself. This was shown by how he was able to easily dismember the Forever Knights' paramilitary tank via brute force and toss the still extremely large pieces around (with one hand and later with two for the tank's body) with minimal to no effort.
Rath is shown to be skilled in the art of wrestling, and can perform various wrestling moves against his enemies such as the Suplex, the Clothesline and the Piledriver.
Rath possesses a large, retractable black claw on each wrist. This claw can be used to stab and slice opponents or to create a shock wave when stabbed into the ground. Whenever Rath gets determined or angry, his claws seem to grow larger.
Rath is extremely durable, able to take a point-blank laser blast with no apparent effect and survive a free fall from several hundred feet in the air with only a bit of dizziness as a result.
Rath can also release a loud roar, although this seems to be more of an intimidation tactic rather than an offensive feature.
Rath's brain is hardwired for aggression and as such, Rath's main weakness is his lack of intelligence and highly aggressive temperament. This causes Rath to become easily distracted and difficult to stop once he starts fighting. He is also not quite adept for diplomatic approaches, particularly negotiations, and can make bad or difficult situations worse.
Rath's apparent lack of intelligence also often convinces him to needlessly argue with inanimate objects.
Rath is scared of water, like most actual cats, but unlike actual tigers.
Rath can be subdued by the Hephestan Neuro Grip.
- Rath first appeared in Con of Rath. Rath was accidentally unlocked by Tiffin and Ben remained as Rath until Cicely took Tiffin away. Ben transformed into him a second time at the end of the episode telling Kevin that "Rath wanted a word with him."
- In Above and Beyond, Rath defeated Manny.
- In Vendetta, Ben transformed into Rath off-screen to battle the Forever Knights.
- In Fame, Rath was seen on TV.
- In Duped, Rath destroyed the Forever Knights' Plasma Beam Tank.
- In Hit 'Em Where They Live, Rath defeated Rojo.
- In Hero Time, Rath was beaten by Captain Nemesis in a race.
- In The Big Story, Rath defeated Sevenseven.
- In Prisoner Number 775 Is Missing, Rath failed to stop Prisoner 775 from escaping in a stolen Plumber Ship.
- In Greetings from Techadon, Rath battled the second custom Techadon and defeated it.
- In A Knight to Remember, Rath is used to stop the Flame Keepers' Circle members from escaping in a truck, but failed.
- In Ben 10-Generator Rex: Heroes United, Rath appeared as one of the many aliens when Ben was explaining his story to Rex.
- In It Was Them, Rath battled the giant ants.
- In Of Predators and Prey: Part 2, Rath battled Zed and was defeated by Khyber.
- In Many Happy Returns, Rath saved Madison from a burning building.
- In Gone Fishin', Rath saved himself, Rook, and Max from a waterfall.
- In The Frogs of War: Part 1, Rath destroyed an Incursean fighter ship.
- In Food Around the Corner, Rath defeated Poltroon.
- In Return to Forever, Rath defeated Tummyhead.
- In Something Zombozo This Way Comes, Rath was used to battle the Circus Freak Trio and was defeated.
- In Catfight, Rath tried to battle Nyancy Chan, but was hypnotized to do her crimes with her. He later appeared three more times due to the Omnitrix remote control.
- In Rook Tales, Rath tried to take off Young One's tail.
- In It's a Mad, Mad, Mad Ben World: Part 2, Rath and Lightning Volt battled Mad Way Big.
- In Secret of Dos Santos, Rath, speaking Spanish and wearing clothes for the first time, defeated Exo-Skull.
- In A New Dawn, Rath appeared for a short time when Ben was cycling through his aliens.
- Mad Ben
- In And Then There Were None, Rath failed to capture No Watch Ben and was defeated by Fourmungousaur.
- In Malgax Attacks, Negative Rath appeared briefly before going ultimate.
- Season 3
- Season 3
- Season 3
- Season 1
- Season 2
- Season 3
- Season 3
- Season 3
- Season 1
- It Was Them (first reappearance; intended alien was Swampfire)
- Of Predators and Prey: Part 2 (intended alien was Humungousaur)
- Season 2
- Season 3
- Season 4
- Season 5
- Season 6
- Season 7
- Season 8
- Mad Ben
- Season 5
- Season 8
- Malgax Attacks (cameo; goes ultimate)
- Cartoon Network Action Packs
- Chapter Books
- Ben 10: Omniverse
- Will Jarrett Have His Revenge?
- Rath appears as a playable alien in the game, as an exclusive for the Xbox 360 version.
- Rath is a playable racer in the game.
- Rath is a playable alien in the game (only on 3DS).
- Rath is a playable Exosuit of the Atlas Brigade on Project Exonaut. His Weapon Mod increases the width of the shot of the Ballista. Rath is available for purchase at level 10 for 750 coins.
- Rath is a playable alien.
- Ben 10 Ultimate Alien: Xenodrome (starter alien)
Naming and Translations
|Albanian||Zemërim||From zemërim, wrath/anger/angry|
|Arabic||Rath||From the original English name|
|Bulgarian||Бяс||From Бяс/Bias, rage|
|Chinese||暴虎||From 暴 (Bào), violent, and 虎 (Hǔ), tiger|
|Dutch||Wraak||From wraak, revenge|
|Filipino||Galit||From galit, wrath/anger/angry|
|French||Bengalosaure||From Bengale, Bengal, as in "Bengal tiger" and -saure, -saur|
|German||Tiger||From tiger, tiger|
|Greek||Ραθ||From the original English name|
|Hebrew||ראת||From the original English name|
|Hungarian||Frász||From frász, jitters|
|Italian||Tigre||From tigre, tiger|
|Korean||라스||From the original english name|
|Polish||Gniew||From gniew, wrath|
|Portuguese (Br)||Irado/Rath||From irado, angry; in the most episodes Rath is used more than Irado|
|Romanian||Rath||From the original English name|
|Russian||Рэт||From the original English name|
|Spanish (HA)|| Rath|
Fiera (since It's a Mad, Mad, Mad Ben World: Part 2)
| From the original English name|
From fiera, wild beast
|Spanish (Spain)||Airado||From airado, angry|
|Turkish||Ret||From ret, rejection|
Rath's name is a misspelled version of "wrath", meaning fury and rage, a reference to his attitude and fury-based powers.
- Dwayne McDuffie came up with Rath's personality.[DM 1]
- Rath is Eugene Son's favorite alien.[ES 1]
- Appoplexians have an advanced sense of shame and typically wear clothes, unlike Rath, who used to be naked at the time.
- Out of all of Ben's aliens, Gwen and Kevin find Rath the most entertaining and amusing due to his mediocre intelligence, occasionally joking about him behind his back or out of his earsight.
- The Vreedle Brothers state Rath and other Appoplexians are much more aggressive and dimmer than they are.
- Whenever Rath executes wrestling moves, he names them after stars.
- In September 2011, FusionFall released Rath Nano.
- Rath was the fourth alien to be manually unlocked by mistake in the Omnitrix, the first three being Cannonbolt, Wildvine and Ditto and the fith being Atomix.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 Con of Rath
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Above and Beyond
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Prisoner Number 775 Is Missing
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Gone Fishin'
- ↑ Many Happy Returns
- ↑ Hero Time
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Catfight
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Of Predators and Prey: Part 2
- ↑ Hit 'Em Where They Live
- ↑ Reflected Glory
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 Secret of Dos Santos
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 Duped
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 13.2 Food Around the Corner