|This article belongs to the Classic Continuity|
Polymorphs are a species from the molten planet of Viscosia.
Polymorphs are generally green in color, however they do come in different colors, including red, mint green, orange, grey, purple, peach and pink. [DJW 1] Dimension 23 counterparts of Polymorphs are blue.
Polymorphs are gelatinous humanoids with a pointed head and an asymmetrical, drippy amoeba-like shape. Their brains are spread throughout their body.[DM 3]
When their original home planet was destroyed under mysterious circumstances, the Polymorphs' scientific community sent explorers out into the universe to find a suitable planet to relocate their species. Viscosia was an uninhabited planet, it is here in the intense heat, among the unstable solids, that Polymorphs made it their new home planet.
Polymorphs are scavengers; dissolving and processing any unclaimed organic matter.[MW 1]
Powers and Abilities
Polymorphs can revert to a puddle, a shapeless mass or mimic the shape of something else.
Physically harming a Polymorph is extremely difficult as solid objects and even energy passes through them without any damage.
Polymorphs have strong digestive acids, which can be used as an offensive weapon, either by smothering something or releasing a sort of corrosive gas. They can throw, spray and shoot either acidic, corrosive, or adhesive slime.
Polymorphs are shown to be quite strong, enough to overpower humans by submerging them in their own mass or by stretching over them.
Polymorphs can regenerate, rebuild and reconstitute themselves near instantly.
Polomorphs can change their density depending on their desire.[DM 4]
Polymorphs can survive in the vacuum of space for a limited amount of time.[DJW 2]
The Anti-Gravity Projector is not native to the Polymorphs; they are for Polymorphs that travel to planets with stronger gravity than Viscosia. The slime is normally in a humanoid shape with a pointed head, narrow eyes and spikes on their shoulders. The device allows them to increase their strength enough break apart Techadon Robots from the inside and effortlessly overpower humans or someone as strong as Magister Prior Gilhil.
On planets with stronger gravity than Viscosia, Polymorphs are tied to their Anti-Gravity Projectors and lose control of their forms if they are separated from their projectors.
Polymorphs can be hypnotized.[DJW 4]
Polymorphs can be frozen solid and immobilized, such as from being in space for too long.[DJW 2]
Notable Polymorph Hybrids
The name Polymorph means "many shapes".
- It is possible that there are artificial Polymorph snacks for young Lewodans.[DJW 9]
- The Polymorphic Crystal is related to the Polymorphs.[DJW 10]
- ↑ File:Alternate Goop Flavors.png
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 File:Goop Limited Space Survivability.png
- ↑ File:Pesky Dust Can Affect Galvanic Mechamorphs and Polymorphs.PNG
- ↑ File:Polymorphs Can Be Hypnotized.png
- ↑ File:Ectonurites Can Possess Atrocians & Polymorphs.png
- ↑ File:Corrupturas and Polymorphs.PNG
- ↑ File:Goop Cannot Control Other Slime.png
- ↑ https://twitter.com/derrickjwyatt/status/1247565621321068550?s
- ↑ File:Polymorph Goop snacks.png
- ↑ File:Polymorphic Crystal Related to Polymorphs.png