|This article belongs to the Classic Timeline|
A Plumber Badge is a device that is standard issued to Plumbers, serving as both their badge and their insignia.[DJW 2] Introduced in Ben 10 Returns: Part 2, they serve as communicators and can generate a signature allowing them to locate their owners.
- 1 Appearance
- 2 Description
- 3 History
- 4 Features
- 5 Appearances
- 6 Trivia
- 7 References
In Alien Force and Ultimate Alien, Plumber Badges looked like circular disk-like objects marked with a green hourglass symbol on a black background, which serves as the galactic peace symbol and the insignia of Galvan technology. This is design was also used by Azmuth as the faceplate of both the Omnitrix and Ultimatrix.
In Omniverse, Plumber Badges look more like a light gray circular disc shaped like a circular hourglass with a red dot in the middle of it. Like real-world badges, most appear attached to a wallet, but standalone versions have appeared.
When in use, the Plumber Badge glows and is manipulated by tapping different parts. The badge can be used on Ben's and Kevin's Car. Some DNAliens and Aggregor also use them, though theirs were most likely stolen. Azmuth uses the badge's symbol to show the Omnitrix and the Ultimatrix as devices meant for peaceful purposes.
In Ben 10: Alien Force, Kevin took Magister Labrid's Plumber Badge after he died. It was then used by the team to find allies against the Highbreed, allowing them to locate Plumber's kids like Alan Albright and Michael Morningstar.
In Darkstar Rising, Labrid's badge was confiscated by Magister Prior Gilhil, though eventually named Ben, Gwen, and Kevin honorary plumbers, giving the latter two their own badges. He also mentioned that the original Omnitrix doubled as a Plumber Badge, justified by how the Omnitrix takes the form of a Plumber Badge when Ben is in alien form.
- Plumber Badges can create a holographic map that can pin-point the location of another Plumber Badge with a flashing dot. It can even track other badges in space.
- Plumber Badges have a two-way communication system with other badges and the Omnitrix/Ultimatrix.
- Universal Translator
- Plumber Badges have a Universal Translator, which allows them to translate any language into any other.
- Radiation Detector
- Plumber Badges will flash red and produce sounds when radiation is detected.
- Extranet Access
- Gwen used her Plumber Badge as a modem to connect her laptop to the Extranet (an intergalactic version of the Internet).
- Weapon Enhancement
- Electronic Lock Override
- Max used his Plumber Badge to gain access to the DNAlien base.
- Plumber Override
- Three Plumber Badges can activate self-destruct mode in Plumber spaceships.
- Ben 10 Returns: Part 1 (first appearance)
- Ben 10 Returns: Part 2
- Everybody Talks About the Weather
- Kevin's Big Score
- All That Glitters
- Max Out
- Vengeance of Vilgax: Part 1
- Vengeance of Vilgax: Part 2
- Fool's Gold
- Ghost Town
- Trade Off
- Above and Beyond
- Reflected Glory (fakes)
- The Enemy of My Enemy
- Absolute Power: Part 1
- Absolute Power: Part 2
- Eye of the Beholder
- Revenge of the Swarm
- Basic Training
- Prisoner Number 775 Is Missing
- The Purge
- The Flame Keepers' Circle
- The Perfect Girlfriend
- The Widening Gyre
- The Mother of All Vreedles
- The Ultimate Enemy: Part 1
- The Ultimate Enemy: Part 2
- The More Things Change: Part 2 (first reappearance)
- A Jolt from the Past
- Have I Got a Deal for You
- Of Predators and Prey: Part 1
- Food Around the Corner
- The Ultimate Heist
- O Mother, Where Art Thou?
- Mud Is Thicker Than Water
- OTTO Motives
- Plumber Badges are sometimes given to the children of Plumbers so that they are not mistaken for alien invaders and arrested by other Plumbers.
- In A Jolt from the Past, when Rook started talking to Ben with his Plumber Badge, a Star Trek communicator sound effect can be heard.
- In Omniverse, the Plumber badge resemble the simple red circles seen on their uniforms since the original series.[DJW 3] This change was made because the hourglass symbol design for the badges used in Alien Force and Ultimate Alien did not make any sense to the crew.[DJW 4]
- Due to this change, the Plumbers are given the nickname "red spots" by criminals.