|This article belongs to the Classic Continuity|
|Click here to see the Reboot Continuity version of this article|
Petrosapiens are made of a green/blue diamond-like material. They are a little taller than humans. They have four digits on their hands and none on their feet.
Male Petrosapiens have a spike on the back of their semi-cubic head and two to six on their back; females don't.
The Petrosapien race originally dwelled beneath Petropia's crystal surface in underground cities.[pop-up 2] After several centuries of warfare, a giant hole was accidentally ripped in the surface of Petropia, revealing a universe far beyond Petropia's heretofore self-contained existence.
With the inadvertent discovery of space, Petrosapiens began to stabilize their civilization and they began to explore the surface of Petropia and the rest of the universe.
Powers and Abilities
Petrosapiens' bodies are composed of extremely thick organic green crystals. They have the ability to manipulate the atomic structure of their physiology at will, allowing them to form their limbs into diamond weapons such as blades and bludgeons. Moreover, they can control all the crystals they generate, to the point that they can make them explode or lift them off the ground. They can fire crystal shards sequentially out of their hands and can explode their body parts into crystalline formations, as well as make crystal constructs grow from their body.
Petrosapiens can make monstrous and large clusters of crystals, conjuring walls and forming crystal shields and ramps. They can also generate crystals from the ground at a distance, can reshape their projectiles into limited shapes, and can also form gaping hands to capture enemies. Petrosapiens are capable of encasing enemies in crystals, and can create crystals inside of objects and cause them to spike out.
A Petrosapien's crystalline body resembles a living prism, allowing them to deflect and absorb most energy beams and render weapons similar to lasers useless by simply refracting.[pop-up 4] Similarly, rays generated by dimensional transporter devices will reflect off of their body.
Petrosapiens have inhuman physical abilities and are quite strong.
Due to the natural density of crystal, Petrosapiens are extremely durable to physical impacts. For example, Diamondhead has withstood being punched from Galvan Prime all the way to Galvan B by Malgax. This incident also shows that Petrosapiens can survive in the vacuum of space.
If under the effects of a cold virus, Petrosapiens are able to sneeze out tiny sharp crystals from their mouths. It is unknown if they can do this when they are not sick, however.
Neither Petrosapiens nor their crystalline constructs are invulnerable and can crack and break like glass if they are exposed sonic vibrations or are impacted with enough force.
Certain ultra-high-pitched sound waves can cause them to completely shatter and might even fall unconscious.
The two shards on their back can leave Petrosapiens stuck to a wall or on other surfaces that they get knocked into.
While Diamondhead can regenerate, there is a limit to how much damage he can recover from.
- Diamondhead (the Omnitrix's DNA sample of a Petrosapien)
- Tetrax Shard
- Citizens of Petropia
Notable Petrosapien Hybrids
- Diamond Matter (½ Galvan)
- Kevin 11 (1/11 Petrosapien)
- Ultimate Kevin (part Petrosapien)
- Crystal Claws (½ Bear; non-canon)
The name Petrosapien comes from petra meaning rock and sapien meaning intelligent being.
- Petrosapien diamond bears a resemblance to Taydenite.
- According to Derrick J. Wyatt, Petrosapiens do not have the ability to levitate crystal prisms, make explosive projectiles, and absorb energy; the reason why Diamondhead was shown doing so was due to a glitch in the Omnitrix.[DJW 1]
- While Petrosapiens are resistant to fire, ironically real diamonds, being the only gem made of pure carbon, are known to be highly flammable under the right conditions.
- ↑ Ben Tennyson
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 The Secret of Chromastone
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 And Then There Were 10
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Ben 10: Secret of the Omnitrix
- ↑ Vengeance of Vilgax: Part 2
- ↑ Trouble Helix
- ↑ Vendetta
- ↑ Ben 10-Generator Rex: Heroes United
- ↑ Arrested Development
- ↑ Malgax Attacks
- ↑ Framed
- ↑ Ultimate Ben
- ↑ Ben 10,000 Returns
- ↑ Blukic and Driba Go to Area 51
- ↑ It's a Mad, Mad, Mad Ben World: Part 1
- ↑ The Ultimate Sacrifice
- ↑ Grudge Match
- ↑ Store 23