|This article belongs to the Classic Continuity|
Otto is a villain that appears in OTTO Motives.
Otto has a holographic head that is similar to Pyxi's, save for having two horns, eyebrows, and two ear-like figures connecting to his head's outline. He has a small robotic body with two thin robot arms with pincers like Brainstorm.
He is a rogue artificial intelligence unit with back stabbing tendencies, yet he is well mannered. He has the typical egomaniacal personality.
Otto started out as a faulty A.I. Unit for a ventilator.
Five years prior to Omniverse
In the NUll Void, Otto had Kevin and Argit gather technology for him in exchange for an escape. However, he double-crossed the pair and used the machinery to escape while abandoning Kevin and Argit in the Null Void.
Otto re-encountered Kevin and Argit at an intergalactic auto show on Khoros. At this point in time, he has become a criminal boss, with the Violet Offenders as his henchmen. His plan to steal four of the most valuable cars in the galaxy came to a bad end at the hands of Kevin, Argit, Rook, and Ben, with him and his followers placed under arrest.
Powers and Abilities
Otto can merge with technology and reconfigure it, such as when he became one with the Proto-TRUK and the four alien cars he stole, a form he called "Otto Gestalt."
Otto can drill through metal with his hands.
Unless he is merged with other technology, Otto is not physically capable in hand-to-hand combat and even has to be carried around by one of his henchmen.
Ben 10: Omniverse
- OTTO Motives (first appearance)
Otto is a pun on the word "auto".
"Gestalt" means an organized whole that is perceived as more than the sum of its parts.
- Otto's catchphrase is "solid state," which is a reference to solid state drives, a variation of regular hard drives in computers.
- Despite the fact that he is shown to hover by himself while he was in the Null Void, he has to be carried five years later.
- When he was in his "Otto Gestalt" form, Otto was a parody of the Transformers Combiners, which are also referred to as gestalts by the fanbase.
- The crew was going to have Otto call himself Otto-Bot, but their lawyers did not allow them to do it.[MW 1]