|This article belongs to the Classic Continuity|
Being a human sub-species, Osmosians are mostly outwardly indistinguishable from humans. Some Osmosians have small, rounded, flesh-colored horns on their forehead.
Osmosians are outwardly indistinguishable from humans except for the fact that Osmosians live for hundreds of years, and that they begin to grow four small, rounded, flesh-colored horns on their forehead as they mature, at about 100 years or so of age.
When an Osmosian has recently absorbed energy, they develop black marks around their eyes.
Osmosians normally eat food to sustain themselves, they can also feed off of the metabolism and life force of other living beings. However, this method of feeding can easily turn into an addiction (as energy is also like an addictive drug for Osmosians), causing the Osmosian to become insatiable and instinctively seek out any possible source of energy to feed off of.
Osmosians prefer savories to sweets.[MW 1]
Powers and Abilities
Osmosians have different abilities depending on the individual like certain Osmosians having the ability to absorb matter and energy from nearly anything and use it in various ways.
Osmosians are a bit stronger than humans and a lot more resilient to injury.[DM 1]
Osmosians with Absorption
- Channel absorbed energy through their hands to manipulate technology, Discharge it as an energy blast, or use it to speed up cellular regeneration.
- Use absorbed energy to increase their strength or recover from injuries at an accelerated rate.
- Train to use their powers more efficiently, so that they can control the amount of energy they absorb, the rate of absorption, and how they control and discharge it better (though the action is still risky, and can cause side effects).
Osmosians are able to:
- Absorb and synthesize the mass, properties, and chemical makeup of matter to change their body into living matter in the shape of the Osmosian. The absorbed matter is as durable as the matter used to make it and can enhance their strength and durability.
- Extend absorbed matter to anything they are touching.
- Repair objects composed of the same matter they have absorbed by synthesizing a liquid version of that substance and hardening it again.
- Manipulate whatever substance they are touching by absorbing it and morphing it into any shape or form.
- After absorbing matter, they can manipulate their atomic structure to grow extensions on their body and shapeshift their limbs into various weapons, tools, and forms at will.
When Osmosians absorb the energy and DNA of other life forms, they gain that creature's powers and abilities, but only at 1/10 of their strength. Their bodies will undergo a slight mutation (or none at all, depending on the powers they have absorbed) to accommodate the absorbed abilities; for example, when Aggregor absorbed the powers of a Geochelone Aerio, his appearance remained unchanged, but he could open six holes on his torso to blow air out of.
The amount of energy an Osmosian can absorb at once, as well as the extremeness of the mutation, depends on their experience.
If an Osmosian were to absorb DNA of multiple life forms at once or from the Omnitrix or Ultimatrix, the absorbed DNA will overwrite their own, causing them to mutate into a fusion of the absorbed aliens. While they can be powerful with these mutations, their powers are still just 1/10 of their original strength. However, because they are a mixture of aliens, they can mix and match their abilities. In addition, their mutations can evolve and change them, allowing them to utilize the special powers of the aliens they have absorbed in their human forms as shown by Kevin 11,000.
Sometimes, when an Osmosian receives a bio-energy feedback the Osmosian gains the ability to mentally alter their biology into any species from the DNA they absorbed, at will, but can only turn into themselves for a short time, but can sometimes revert to normal without meaning to. They will also be able to mix and match body parts, for example, one alien's body with another alien's head. If the Osmosian loses control over the energy absorbed in the feedback, they will turn into a mutation of the aliens they could use.
When an Osmosian takes on a mutation, they can learn to shift between their normal form and mutation once enough time has passed. Kevin managed to revert from Kevin 11 once[DM 2], explaining why he was wearing jeans instead of cargo shorts, before becoming stuck as Kevin 11 again due to lack of experience.
Other Powers and Abilities
Even without absorbing energy or matter, Osmosians possess a minor degree of enhanced strength and durability. This has been demonstrated by Kevin, who, even without absorbing matter, is strong enough to lift and throw an unusual amount of weight and resist physical damage that would normally severely injure an average human.
An Osmosian's enhanced strength and durability does not come from the energy and matter they absorb; rather they possess enhanced strength and durability naturally that is simply increased when they absorb matter or energy.[DM 3]
Osmosians with Absorption
An Osmosian's biggest weakness is their insatiable hunger for energy and becoming mentally unstable, though this is only a problem if they absorb energy and become this way; this trait is normally latent and becomes easier to control if they are mature and have experience with absorbing energy. Storing energy for long periods of time will worsen their instability.
If an Osmosian is forcibly drained of the energy they have absorbed, it will restore their sanity but also present risks to their physical health if they do not have medical attention as the process will either leave them exhausted, famished or weakened to the point of unconsciousness due to them having been living off energy instead of eating and sleeping properly.
Any powers an Osmosian has absorbed from other life forms will eventually wear off and disappear. The more life force, metabolic energy, and DNA they absorb, the longer it takes for their absorbed power to dissipate. However, there is a workaround.
Depending on how much DNA an Osmosian absorbs, their own DNA will eventually overwrite the absorbed DNA in time, causing them to lose absorbed powers, unless they absorb all of that creatures DNA and energy to keep it from happening.
- Kevin Levin
- Aggregor (artificial)
- Devlin Levin (Ben 10,000 Timeline)
- Devin Levin (retconned)
Notable Osmosian Hybrids
Kevin, Aggregor and Devlin each have been through temporary mutations in which they were part-Osmosian hybrids.
- See Various mutations of Kevin (part Osmosian)
- Ultimate Aggregor (1/6 Osmosian)
- Devlin 11 (part Osmosian)
The name Osmosian comes from the word "osmosis", is the spontaneous net movement of solvent molecules through a partially permeable membrane into a region of higher solute concentration, in the direction that tends to equalize the solute concentrations on the two sides.
- Kevin is the only known natural Osmosian, as Aggregor is a lab experiment.[DJW 1]
- Devlin, having inherited Kevin's genetic mutation, is also a natural Osmosian albeit from one an alternate timeline.
- The term Osmosian was coined by Servantis.
- They were originally believed to be a species native to the planet Osmos V, but it was later revealed that the planet never existed because it was made up by Servantis.
- Because of the retcon, Osmosians are extremely similar to Homo Superiors (aka Mutants) from Marvel Comics, as both are subspecies of human with unique genetic components.