|This article belongs to the Reboot Timeline|
|Click here to see the Classic Timeline version of this article|
|“||The Omnitrix, a device to allow the wearer to literally walk in the shoes of other alien races, to bring a closer unity in the universe.||”|
- 1 Appearance.
- 2 Purpose
- 3 Known Users
- 4 Modes
- 5 Features
- 6 Known Aliens
- 7 Appearances
- 8 Toys
- 9 Trivia
- 10 Notes
- 11 References
- 12 See Also
The Omnitrix looks like a very big wristwatch, primarily black and grey in color, with a grey dial in the middle (like a watch face) which has a green hourglass shape. When Ben selects his aliens, it shows the alien's silhouette.
The Omnitrix was upgraded by Ben using Upgrade in Omni-Tricked: Part 4. The white chords and dial were silver and green. The four buttons on the faceplate were replaced with grey squares. There was an additional band of dark grey running around the center of the Omnitrix, the activation button was on this strip.
The Omnitrix got rebooted in Innervasion Part 5: High Override. The rim of the dial was white, the squares on the last upgrade were replaced by green arrows, and the area behind the hourglass and the wristband both became grey. The outer band was black with green arrows, and the sides of the dial and the ends of the wristband were silver. The top of the grey wristband had a green hourglass underneath the dial, and the top of the dial was black. Unlike the Omnitrix's last two versions, the third version did not have its tube-like circuitry.
The Omnitrix in And Xingo Was His Name-O looks the same but looks more cartoonish.
Season 4 and 5
As of Summer Breakers, the latest upgrade colors the entire device almost completely grey, with the black ends and the arrows on the dial being absent. The hourglass coloring now remains 2-tone grey, and white support tubes surronded the dial.
The Omnitrix in Xingo's World looks exactly the same as season 4 but looks more cartoonish.
In Alien X-Tinction, The Omnitrix in Dimension 12041.5 looks exactly the same as season 4 but the white tubes are facing the left side and has a black square.
Gwen 10's Omnitrix looks exactly the same as season 1 except the button on the body and the circles on the dial is absent.
The Omnitrix was created by Azmuth, and assisted by a brilliant Chimera Sui Generis named Vilgax. The device was made to allow the user to walk in the shoes of other alien races, and bring closer unity in the universe.
|Vilgax||Prior to the events of the series, Vilgax stole the Omnitrix from Azmuth's lab, and used it to bring the universe together under his rule.||Azmuth removed the Omnitrix from Vilgax after trapping half of his DNA inside.|
|Ben Tennyson||Prior to the beginning of the series, Ben found the Omnitrix and it put itself on his wrist.||In Ben Again and Again, the Omnitrix was removed from Ben's wrist due to the timeline changing.|
|In Ben Again and Again, Ben put it back on after jumping through another time portal.||In Ben Again and Again, the Omnitrix was removed after Ben jumped through a time portal.|
|In Ben Again and Again, Past Ben, from the beginning of the summer, put the Omnitrix on.||In Innervasion Part 3: Strange Bedfellows, the Omnitrix was removed when Ben and Vilgax went inside it.|
|In Innervasion Part 5: High Override, Ben put the Omnitrix back on after it was upgraded.||In Crossover Nexus, Strike's pen removed the Omnitrix from Ben as Four Arms|
|In Crossover Nexus, K.O. recreated the Omnitrix using Strike's Pen, and Ben put the Omnitrix back on.||In Ben 10 Versus the Universe: The Movie, Azmuth telepathically removed the Omnitrix.|
|In Ben 10 Versus the Universe: The Movie, Azmuth let Ben put the watch on again.||In Ben 10 Versus the Universe: The Movie, Azmuth removed it again to repair Alien V's DNA.|
|In Ben 10 Versus the Universe: The Movie, Azmuth let Ben keep the Omnitrix.||In Alien X-Tinction, Alien X exploited the failsafe release that detaches itself from the users wrist.|
|In Alien X-Tinction, Gwen 10 returned the stolen Omnitrix to Ben and puts it back on.|
|Billy Billions||In Ben Again and Again, Billy put the Omnitrix on after jumping through time.||In Ben Again and Again, the watch is removed after jumping through a time portal.|
|Gwen Tennyson||In Ben Again and Again, Gwen put the Omnitrix on after jumping through a time portal.||In Ben Again and Again, the watch was removed after jumping through a time portal.|
|Alien X||In Alien X-Tinction, Alien X absorbed the Omnitrix into his body.||In Alien X-Tinction, Gwen 10 removed the Omnitrix attached to Alien X's body.|
- Active Mode is the Omnitrix's default mode. The Omnitrix can only let the wearer be in the body of an alien for 10 to 15 minutes at a time. The Omnitrix appears to time in and out at random times on occasion.
- When the watch times out, the faceplate turns red and recharges for around 5 minutes. When it is green again, the user can transform again. The Omnitrix is powered by the Omni-Core within the device.
- The Omnitrix contains the DNA of millions of aliens from across the galaxy[DR 1] and can transform its user into one of them for a limited period of time. Only ten of these DNA samples can be available at any given time, as only ten can be loaded into the loading bay unless the setting to allow more than ten is changed.[DR 2]
- Alien DNA is "injected" into the user, meaning they retain the wielder's personality, memories, and consciousness.[DR 3] Because of this, most of the aliens are not full-blown aliens, with the exception of Ectonurite and Conductoid DNA.[DR 4]
- The DNA samples are contained in DNA pods with a small forcefield that keeps the DNA contained but allows the user to pass through it. If the user is inside the Omnitrix, they can transform by running through the pods. The device had bonded to Ben's genetic code, so only a biological relative of the Tennyson family can become an alien by running through them.
- The user can access the entire cache of aliens by cycling in new chambers and replacing the others. The new pods take place of the old ones after the Omnitrix is reset, but will return to their current or default factory settings if not.[DR 5]
- The Omnitrix has a transport access panel that can allow one to go inside the Omnitrix.
- The Omnitrix has recalibration mode, as it updated three times.
- The Omnitrix has a sort of reboot mode to repair it when tampered with.
- The Omnitrix can be programmed to respond telepathically to its user. This is backed up by certain models of the Omnitrix having no activation button and the device itself can activate on its own, confirming that the user can manipulate the device with their mind to an extent.
- The Omnitrix has a DNA scanner, allowing it to sample, absorb, and collect DNA.
- The Omnitrix can repair mutated DNA and terraformed planets, as shown when Azmuth used it to revert Alien V back into Vilgax and restore Earth to its original state.
- The Omnitrix emits a frequency, even when not in use, so the user can easily be tracked using it.
- The Omnitrix has safeguards that prevent it from being possessed by an Ectonurite.
- The Omnitrix has a quick change feature, allowing Ben to change from alien to alien without touching the dial.
- The Omnitrix has an orange timer-like setting that was activated by Azmuth.
- The Omnitrix can give the alien transformations custom clothing loosely based on the user's current outfit.
- The Omnitrix can recalibrate itself to take on any of its previous appearances.[DR 7]
- The Omnitrix has a failsafe release that detaches itself from the users wrist, should the user be critically endangered beyond the Omnitrix's help.
- The Omnitrix can translate any alien language into that of the user, such as when it translated the Incurseans' native tongue into English.
- The Omnitrix can be used as a two-way communication system, which works even when the user is transformed.
- The Omnitrix can track alien signals.
- The upgraded Omnitrix allowed the user to transform into enhanced versions of the aliens with the use of energy forms like Shock Rock.
- Upon the acquisition of the Omnitrix Key, the Omnitrix can provide its aliens with Omni-Kix Armors. By twisting the symbols on their bodies 90 degrees, the alien forms will be armored in robotic suits boosting their natural abilities and adding new powers.
- The Omnitrix can provide its aliens with Omni-Naut Armors. By twisting the symbols on their bodies another 90 degrees, the alien forms will have their Omni-Kix Armors reformatted into special robotic suits that allow them to survive in the vacuum of space and aquatic environments.[DR 8] They can alternatively be activated automatically when the user is already in space.[DR 9]
Omnitrix Symbol Position
- The Omnitrix symbol is generally located on the chest of the transformations.
- The Omnitrix may or may not give clothing to a transformation. Even when it does, the clothing seems to be random:
- Diamondhead has black-and-yellow clothing.
- XLR8 has black-and-blue clothing.
- Four Arms and Gax have white-and-black clothing, similar to 10/11-year-old Ben's transformations from the original series and Omniverse flashbacks.
- Slapback has white, blue, and black clothing.
- Grey Matter and Mole-Stache have green-and-black clothing, similar to 16-year-old Ben's transformations from Omniverse.
- The rest appear to be unclothed, similar to 15/16-year-old Ben's transformations from Alien Force and Ultimate Alien.
- If fiddled with, the Omnitrix can start turning users into hybrids of multiple aliens.
- When struck by lightning in close proximity with Xingo, Omnitrix aliens and their powers can become cartoonish.
- The Omnitrix is vulnerable to electromagnetic interferences, such as that created by Polar and Solar Twain, so the user will randomly switch from one alien to another and/or experience delayed transformations until the electric/magnetic interference is gone.
- The Omnitrix is vulnerable to stormy weather, making the user unable to transform for a short period.
- Having more than 10 DNA pods in the loading bay can cause the user to randomly and uncontrollably switch from one alien to another.
- If the Omnitrix symbol is removed while the user is transformed, the ability to transform back to normal is removed.
- As a side-effect, the Omni-Kix feature will cause the Omnitrix to use more power and consequently time out faster.
- When infected by Nanites, the Omnitrix will release alien DNA and turn other human beings into aliens. This can only be reversed by removing the Nanites.
- The Omnitrix in Evil Ben's dimension can release a fatal shockwave when hit by the strength of a Tetramand's level a numberr of times, turning the user into Alien X while vaporizing everyone around them.
- The failsafe feature can be easily exploited by a Celestialsapien, as demonstrated by Alien X.
The following list shows all known transformations that are or have been available in the active playlist.
|Alien||Species||Unlocked In||First Used In||S1||S2||S3||S4||S5|
|Unlocked In Season 1 and before|
|Cannonbolt||Arburian Pelarota||Prior to Season 1||Waterfilter|
|Diamondhead||Petrosapien||Freaky Gwen Ben|
|Four Arms||Tetramand||The Ring Leader|
|Grey Matter||Galvan||The Filth|
|Upgrade[note 1]||Galvanic Mechamorph||Freaky Gwen Ben|
|XLR8||Kineceleran||The Ring Leader|
|Gax[note 2]||Chimera Sui Generis||Omni-Tricked: Part 1|
|Unlocked in Season 2|
|Shock Rock||Fulmini||Omni-Tricked: Part 4||The 11th Alien: Part 1|
|Unlocked in Season 3|
|Humungousaur||Vaxasaurian||Innervasion Part 5: High Override||This One Goes to 11|
|Rath[note 3]||Appoplexian||Rath of Con|
|Unlocked in Season 4|
|Jetray||Aerophibian||Summer Breakers||Gentle Ben|
|Goop[note 4]||Polymorph||Ben 10 Versus the Universe: The Movie|
|Way Big[note 4]||To'kustar|
|Unlocked in Season 5|
|Part of the active playlist|
|Not part of the active playlist and does not appear|
|Not part of the active playlist but temporarily available|
|Not part of the active playlist; DNA used by other characters|
" f " indicates that the transformation appears in a flashback.
Known Locked Aliens
The following list shows all known transformations that are currently in the Omnitrix's DNA pod vault but have not been seen on-screen.
|Perk Upchuck||Perk Gourmand|
|Murk Upchuck||Murk Gourmand|
- Basic Omnitrix
- Deluxe Omnitrix
- Omnitrix Creator
- Omni-Strike Omnitrix
- Although the Omnitrix does not have enough room to contain the DNA samples of every sapient race in the universe,[DR 13] every canon alien confirmed to have been catalogued in the prototype Omnitrix from the Classic Dimension is present in this Omnitrix.[DR 14][DR 15][DR 16]
- Duncan originally stated that this Omnitrix cannot collect new DNA by scanning other aliens.[DR 17] However, the statement was later refuted[DR 18] in order to avoid spoilers for Ben 10 Versus the Universe: The Movie. He also stated that the DNA of aliens such as Ampfibian, NRG, and Kickin Hawk will "get added later".[DR 19]
- As such, it is possible for Ben to regain Upgrade by scanning the DNA of another Galvanic Mechamorph.[DR 20] Presumably, this also means that he can regain Gax by scanning the DNA of another Chimera Sui Generis.
- Originally, the Omnitrix could only hold ten aliens at a time.[JF 1] As of Ben 10,010, that has been changed.[DR 21] The reason for this in-universe is unknown.
- Though Duncan previously stated that this Omnitrix cannot repair DNA,[DR 22] Azmuth used a feature similar to the original Omnitrix's DNA repair mode to revert Alien V back into Vilgax.
- Crossover Nexus features Ben transforming into characters from nearly every Cartoon Network original series, a side effect of the Omnitrix being recreated by Strike's blaster. However, these forms can only be accessed in the Nexus Realm.[DR 23]
- A scrapped power-up for the Omnitrix had Ben's aliens generating shadow versions of themselves.[DR 24]
- Phil clocked the Omnitrix's transformation process at 100 google yattabytes per .000000000001 cubed second. As far as any sub or superluminal matter in the universe, the Omnitrix operational speed easily surpasses the once theoretical, faster than light, tachyon particle.[DR 25]
- This is as fast as any Galvan equipment can clock it, but it could be faster.[DR 26]
- The crew looked long and hard at the original lineup of the Classic Dimension when deciding which aliens to include in the roster for Season 1.[DR 27]
- It was first hinted by Duncan that aliens that were removed from the active playlist (excluding Upgrade and Gax) would return in a future season,[DR 28] foreshadowing the events of Ben Gen 10.
- The out-of-universe reasons for the Omnitrix having a new appearance every season are to repurpose unused designs from pre-production, to differentiate one season from another, and for marketing purposes.[DR 29]
- It is unknown if this Omnitrix has a self-destruct feature like in the Classic Timeline.
- Even though a reference image exists for a more detailed Omnitrix core, the Omnitrix itself has a more simplified T-shaped circuitry pattern from Season 3 onwards.
- The Omnitrix from the dimension where Gwen goes to a summer school instead of the road trip with Ben and Max is modeled after a scrapped concept for the primary Omnitrix's design as of Summer Breakers.
- The Season 4/5 Omnitrix's tubes glow green when selecting and transforming into a alien.
- The Omnitrix from Season 1 looks exactly the same as prototype Omnitrix from Original Series.
- Upgrade was removed when he merged with the Omnitrix and fused with Ben's DNA (thus becoming Glitch) in order to avoid destruction in Omni-Tricked: Part 4.
- Gax was unlocked by Vilgax in Omni-Tricked: Part 1. He was removed[DR 12] when Vilgax absorbed his DNA in Omni-Tricked: Part 3
- Appoplexian DNA was used by Dr. Animo in Animorphosis even though Rath was locked during Season 2.
- Beginning in Ben 10 Versus the Universe: The Movie, Ben can temporarily unlock new aliens by pulling up on the Omnitrix's faceplate and interacting with the holographic touchpad. These aliens are not a part of the active playlist.
- Ben 10 Versus the Universe: The Movie
- Innervasion Part 4: Mind Over Alien Matter
- What Rhymes with Omnitrix?
- Innervasion Part 5: High Override
- Innervasion Part 3: Strange Bedfellows
- Omni-Tricked: Part 4
- Summer Breakers
- Opticoid Prisoner
- Phil Billings
- Roundabout: Part 1
- Ben 24hrs
- Don't Laze Me, Bro
- Maximilian Tennyson
- Alien X-Tinction
- Forever Knight
- Roundabout: Part 2
- Out to Launch
- Riding the Storm Out
- Poles Apart
- Lickety Split
- Moor Fogg
- Omni-Tricked: Part 2
- Omni-Tricked: Part 1
- Crossover Nexus
- Ben Gen 10
- File:RB Omnitrix Number of Aliens.png
- File:Omnitrix Chamber Load Setting.png
- File:Alien DNA Injected.PNG
- File:Most Aliens Aren't Full Aliens.png
- File:How to Switch Omnitrix Chambers.png
- File:Omnitrix Only Has 10 Chambers.png
- File:RB Omnitrix Can Recalibrate.png
- File:Omni-Naut Aquatic Protection.png
- File:Omni-Naut Automatic.png
- File:Omni-Naut Protection.png
- File:Gax Was An Inside Job.png
- File:Gax is Dead.png
- File:Not Enough Room for Every Alien in the Universe.png
- File:Old Aliens Exist Proof.png
- File:Only Canon Aliens In Omnitrix.png
- File:RB Omnitrix Similar to Prototype Omnitrix.png
- File:Reboot Omnitrix Can't Scan.png
- File:Reboot Omnitrix Can't Scan 2.png
- File:RB Andromeda Aliens Added Later.png
- File:Ben Can Get Upgrade Back.png
- File:Surge Is Still Available.png
- File:RB Omnitrix Can't Repair DNA.png
- File:Cartoon Characters Nexus Realm.png
- File:Scrapped Shadow Alien Power Up.png
- File:Omnitrix Faster Than Tachyons.png
- File:Omnitrix Speed Clocked by Galvan Tech.png
- File:RB S1 Roster.PNG
- File:Locked Aliens May Return Confirmation.png
- File:Omnitrix Changing Appearance.PNG