|This article belongs to the Reboot Continuity|
|Click here to see the Classic Continuity version of this article|
The Omnitrix looks like a very big wristwatch, primarily black and grey in color, with a grey dial in the middle (like a watch face) which has a green hourglass shape. When Ben selects his aliens it shows the alien's silhouette.
The Omnitrix was upgraded by Ben using Upgrade in Omni-Tricked: Part 4. The white chords and dial were silver and green. The four buttons on the faceplate were replaced with grey squares. There was an additional band of dark grey running around the center of the Omnitrix, the activation button was on this strip.
The Omnitrix got rebooted in Innervasion Part 5: High Override. The rim of the dial was white, the squares on the last upgrade were replaced by green arrows, and the area behind the hourglass and the wristband both became grey. The outer band was black with green arrows, and the sides of the dial and the ends of the wristband were silver. The top of the grey wristband had a green hourglass underneath the dial, and the top of the dial was black. Unlike the Omnitrix's last two versions, the third version did not have its tube-like circuitry.
As of Summer Breakers, the latest upgrade colors the entire device almost completely grey, with black ends and the arrows on the dial being absent. The hourglass coloring now remains 2-tone grey, and white support tubes surround the dial.
- It contains the DNA of thousands of aliens from all over the universe and can transform its user into one of them for a limited period of time. Only ten of these DNA samples can be available at any given time, as only ten can be loaded into the loading bay.
- The Omnitrix can only let it's wearer be in the body of an alien for a temperary amount of time (for 10 or 15 minutes). When the watch times out, the face plate turns red and recharges for around 5 minutes. When it is green again, the user can transform again.
- The DNA samples are contained in chambers. The device had bonded to Ben's genetic code, so only a biological relative of the Tennyson family can become an alien by running through those tubes.
- If Ben knew how to cycle in new chambers and replace the others, he could access the entire cache of aliens. However, he hasn’t figured out the proper sequencing to remove it from semi to fully automatic.[DR 1]
- The upgraded Omnitrix allowed the user to transform into enhanced versions of the aliens with the use of energy from Shock Rock.
- When the Omnitrix rebooted itself for the second time, the Omni-Enhancements were removed.
- The Omnitrix emits a frequency, even when not in use, so the user can easily be tracked using it.
- The Omnitrix can instantly be recharged by inputting a certain code sequence; only Kevin as Dark Matter knows this code sequence.
- With a special key, the Omnitrix can provide Ben's aliens with the Omni-Kix upgrades, which by twisting the symbols on their bodies and then pressing them, the alien forms will be armored in robotic suits boosting their natural abilities and adding new powers.
- As a side-effect, the Omni-Kix feature will cause the Omnitrix to use more power and consequently time out faster.
Omnitrix Symbol Position
- The Omnitrix symbol is generally located on the chest of the transformations.
- The Omnitrix may or may not give clothing to a transformation. Even when it does, the clothing seems to be random:
- Diamondhead has either black-and-yellow or red-and-yellow clothing.
- XLR8 has black-and-blue clothing.
- Four Arms and Gax have white-and-black clothing, similar to 10/11-year-old Ben's transformations from the original series and Omniverse flashbacks.
- Slapback has white, blue, and black clothing.
- Grey Matter and Mole-Stache have green-and-black clothing, similar to 16-year-old Ben's transformations from Omniverse.
- The rest appear to be unclothed, similar to 15/16-year-old Ben's transformations from Alien Force and Ultimate Alien.
- If fiddled with, the Omnitrix can start turning users into hybrids of multiple aliens.
- The Omnitrix is vulnerable to electromagnetic interferences, such as that created by Polar and Solar Twain, so the user will randomly switch from one alien to another and/or experience delayed transformations until the electric/magnetic interference is gone.
- Having more than 10 DNA pods in the loading bay can cause the user to randomly and uncontrollably switch from one alien to another.
- When struck by lightning in close proximity with Xingo, Omnitrix aliens and their powers can become cartoonish.
- If the Omnitrix symbol is removed while the user is transformed, the ability to transform back to normal is removed.
The following list shows all known transformations that are or have been available in the active playlist.
|Alien||Species||Unlocked In||First Used In||S1||S2||S3||S4|
|Unlocked In Season 1|
|Cannonbolt||Arburian Pelarota||Prior to Season 1||Waterfilter|
|Diamondhead||Petrosapien||Freaky Gwen Ben|
|Four Arms||Tetramand||The Ring Leader|
|Gax [note 1]||Chimera Sui Generis||Omni-Tricked: Part 1|
|Grey Matter||Galvan||Prior to Season 1||The Filth|
|Upgrade [note 2]||Galvanic Mechamorph||Freaky Gwen Ben|
|XLR8||Kineceleran||The Ring Leader|
|Unlocked in Season 2|
|Shock Rock||Fulmini||Omni-Tricked: Part 4||The 11th Alien: Part 1|
|Unlocked in Season 3|
|Humungousaur||Vaxasaurian||Innervasion Part 5: High Override||This One Goes to 11|
|Rath [note 3]||Appoplexian||Rath of Con|
|Unlocked in Season 4|
|Jetray||Aerophibian||Summer Breakers||Gentle Ben|
Known Locked Aliens
The following list shows all known transformations that are currently in the Omnitrix's DNA pod vault but have not been seen on-screen yet.
|Perk Upchuck||Perk Gourmand|
|Murk Upchuck||Murk Gourmand|
- Every episode of Ben 10
- The Omnitrix contains the DNA samples of every alien catalogued in the Omnitrixes from the Classic Continuity, even if most of them will not be appearing in the show.[DR 3]
- Unlike the Omnitrices in the Classic Continuity:
- Crossover Nexus features Ben transforming into characters from nearly every Cartoon Network original series, a side effect of the Omnitrix being recreated by Strike's blaster. However, these forms can only be accessed in the Nexus Realm.[DR 6]
- The crew looked long and hard at the original lineup of the Classic Continuity when deciding which aliens to include in the roster for Season 1.[DR 7]
- The out-of-universe reasons for the Omnitrix having a new appearance every season are to repurpose unused designs from pre-production, to differentiate one season from another, as well as for marketing purposes.[DR 8]
- ↑ Gax was unlocked by Vilgax. He was locked again when Vilgax absorbed his DNA in Omni-Tricked: Part 3
- ↑ Upgrade was removed when he merged with the Omnitrix and fused with Ben's DNA (thus becoming Glitch) in order to avoid destruction in Omni-Tricked: Part 4.
- ↑ Appoplexian DNA was used by Dr. Animo in Animorphosis even though Rath was locked during Season 2.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Innervasion Part 5: High Override
- ↑ Grey Matter AW1: The Archivists
- ↑ Out to Launch
- ↑ Phil Billings
- ↑ Roundabout: Part 1
- ↑ What Rhymes with Omnitrix?
- ↑ Summer Breakers
- ↑ Don't Laze Me, Bro
- ↑ Riding the Storm Out
- ↑ Poles Apart
- ↑ Lickety Split
- ↑ Omni-Tricked: Part 2
- ↑ Omni-Tricked: Part 1
- ↑ Xingo
- ↑ Crossover Nexus