|This article belongs to the Classic Continuity|
|Click here to see the Reboot Continuity version of this article|
The Omnitrix resembles a wristwatch. Its faceplate is now square instead of round and has a white and green color scheme. The faceplate is black with two green stripes forming an outline for the hourglass of the intergalactic peace symbol. When the faceplate is slid back, the Omnitrix's core is revealed.
The Omnitrix was first mentioned by Azmuth in Map of Infinity. He was planning on giving it to Ben, but it was not complete, and Ben's maturity needed to increase before he would be allowed to use it.
Azmuth, by the events of The Ultimate Enemy: Part 2, had completed the Omnitrix and claimed that he was working on it ever since Ben got the original Omnitrix (approximately six years ago). In the same episode, he gave it to Ben because he deemed him worthy of wielding it after removing the Ultimatrix from the latter's wrist. Ben has been wearing this Omnitrix ever since.
- Just like the original Omnitrix and the Ultimatrix, the Omnitrix mainly allows for the user to alter their DNA at will and transform into a numerous variety of alien species that are each with their own unique powers and abilities (along with their weaknesses) and in a selection of alien DNA that is in groups of 10.
- The Omnitrix has a holographic interface, where a holographic circle is shown, with the top half having alien faces, which is activated and scrolls through the aliens by the user touching the faceplate, or in other ways, scrolling up and down or scrolling in a circle, akin to a touch screen. The faceplate will then slide open automatically after Ben chooses his alien, after that, the Omnitrix's core will come out. When pressed, it will trigger the transformation.
- The Omnitrix has a DNA scanner.
- The Omnitrix has a quick-change feature that automatically transforms the user back to normal when they are done using their transformation, causing it not to time out and allowing the user to transform again far quicker.
- Manually touching the Omnitrix symbol not only can allow the user to immediately transform back into normal but can be used to transform into different alien forms while already transformed.
- The Omnitrix has a Master Control.
- The Omnitrix has a Randomizer Function that turns the user into a different amount of aliens at random moments, being randomly selective of the transformations.
- The Omnitrix can add extra features to alien forms in order to make them safer/more stable.
- The Omnitrix can synchronize with another Omnitrix if activated at the same time.
- Unlike the original Omnitrix and the Ultimatrix, the Omnitrix does not mistransform.
- If it does mistransform, it is Ben's fault.[DJW 2] This is caused by his habit of slamming his hand on the Omnitrix's core and inadvertently the scroll pad.
- When Ben switches forms as an alien, he is still manipulating the controls. Switching from alien to alien without changing back to Ben does not always work, and it is bad for the Omnitrix.[MW 1]
- The Omnitrix does not rely on the Codon Stream for transformation. Instead, the DNA is stored within itself in a computerized form.[DJW 3]
- The Omnitrix can change the user's gender to adapt to another species, such as with the Necrofriggian and Nemuina DNA.[DJW 4]
- However, Ben does not know how to access that setting.[DJW 4]
- The Omnitrix has a 2-way communication system with Plumber Badges.
- The Omnitrix can also record messages, similar to voicemail.
- The Omnitrix has the functionalities of a regular digital watch.[DJW 5]
- The Omnitrix adapts the user's clothing to the alien they transform into.[DJW 6]
- The Omnitrix has a built-in Universal Translator.
- The Omnitrix has a distress signal function and homing device, as Azmuth was able to find and rescue Ben when was trapped inside the Incursean Exile Pod.
- The Omnitrix has a security lock system so that it can only be used by the user, as well as an alternate identification program if changes by outside forces occurs to the user.
- The Omnitrix has a fail-safe that kicks in in the event that the user's life is in jeopardy. This feature turns them into the needed alien to survive.
- The Omnitrix has fail-safes installed by Azmuth that prevent Galvanic Mechamorphs from tampering with the device.[DJW 7]
- The Omnitrix can be controlled by Voice Command.
- Omnitrix User Access Voice Recognition Mode
- Makes the Omnitrix recognize Ben
- Command Code 1010 Tennyson Benjamin Disengage Life-Form Lock
- Disengages Life-Form lock
- Omnitrix User Access Voice Recognition Mode
The Omnitrix has a total of at least 1,000,912 aliens; 69 have been named and unlocked, and Ben has been seen transforming into 62 of them.
|Bob the Blob[DJW 13]||Unknown|
|Unnamed||Interdimensional white lab mouse[DJW 18]|
Ben 10: Ultimate Alien
- The Ultimate Enemy: Part 2 (first appearance)
Ben 10: Omniverse
Naming and Translations
|Spanish (HA)||Omnitrix||From the original English name; pronounced /'omnɪtrɪks/ (normally) and /omnɪ'trɪks/ (by Alan Albright in Weapon XI: Part 2).|
|Spanish (Spain)||Omnitrix||From the original English name; pronounced /omnɪ'trɪks/.|
- The Omnitrix is not hack proof.[DJW 21]
- The Galvan were the first species added to the Omnitrix.[DJW 22] However, Grey Matter's DNA sample came from neither Azmuth nor Albedo.[DJW 23]
- In addition to the ones listed above, the Omnitrix has hundreds of other features Ben does not know about.[DJW 24]
- Unlike the Ultimatrix, the Omnitrix does not have an evolutionary feature.[DJW 25] Also, a Polymorphic Crystal cannot transform the Omnitrix itself into an Ultimatrix.[DJW 26] Because of this, Ben will never regain the ability to transform into Ultimate Forms.[DJW 27]
- It is implied that almost every alien that Ben has discovered over the course of Omniverse were never locked in the Omnitrix.[DJW 23] This excludes Walkatrout, Pesky Dust, Mole-Stache, The Worst, Bullfrag, Buzzshock, Atomix, and Whampire.
- There are probably other transformations from the Andromeda Galaxy available in the Omnitrix besides the ones seen on-screen (i.e. Water Hazard, Terraspin, NRG, Armodrillo, and AmpFibian).[DJW 29]
- Unitaur and Slapstrike are not an actual aliens/transformations and were created just for The Ben 10 Show (although not by Deefus himself).[DJW 30]
- There were technical glitches in the original Omnitrix and Ultimatrix that limited the positioning of the symbol during transformations that caused interferences such as power glitches and unclothed appearances. Azmuth reformatted and corrected these errors in the current Omnitrix.[DJW 31]
- The Omnitrix is always receiving software updates from Galvan Prime.[DJW 32]
- The Omnitrix is unable to scan and accept the DNA of certain beings and species including the Ultimate Forms,[DJW 23] cybernetically-enhanced beings such as the Cybermen,[DJW 33] and non-sapient races that do not have as much sentience as Muroids.[DJW 34]
- It neither contains nor accepts DNA from species such as Slimebiotes and Contumelia because neither of them have genetic material equivalent enough to traditional DNA that can be stored.[DJW 35][DJW 36]
- It cannot accept TARDIS DNA due their nature as living spaceships depicted as commonplace objects.[DJW 37]
- It would probably not accept Parademon DNA because they are considered to be an engineered corruption of sapient life.[DJW 38]
- The Omnitrix is unable to accommodate the DNA of magical creatures because magic is not compatible with the science of the Omnitrix.[DJW 39]
- The crew once came up with an alien with the ability to teleport, but he did not make it into the show.[DJW 43]
- The Omnitrix could accept Mala'kak DNA because said DNA would be different enough from humans to be accepted.[DJW 44]
- It could also accept Thunderian DNA, though the resulting transformation would depend on the animal form of the genetic donor and would either resemble some type of cat that has not been seen on-screen or a dog.[DJW 45][DJW 46]
- Derrick would personally like to add Gelflings and the Space Kook's species into the Omnitrix;[DJW 47][DJW 48] this implies that the Omnitrix can accept their DNA.
- Other species whose DNA the Omnitrix can accept include Kryptonians,[DJW 49] Yautja,[DJW 50] and possibly Daleks.[DJW 33]
- Azmuth can lock the Omnitrix in person and remotely,[MW 1] much like what he did with the recreated Ultimatrix.
- The Omnitrix aliens are optimized adults of their respective species.[MW 2]
- The Omnitrix was designed by Matt Youngberg and Shane Poindexter[DJW 51] under the former's supervision. Matt had a really clear vision of what he wanted, and Derrick liked the direction they were going.[DJW 52]
- For its brief appearance in Ultimate Alien, it was designed by Norm Ryang based off Youngberg's concepts.[DJW 53]
- The Omnitrix's touch screen interface and Randomizer function were both Matt Youngberg's ideas.[DJW 54][DJW 55]
- The icons representing each alien that appear on the Omnitrix's touch screen interface were designed by TJ Collins[DJW 56] and are inspired by the Autobot and Decepticon insignias from Transformers: Animated, another Cartoon Network animated series that Wyatt had worked on.[DJW 57]
- ↑ Outbreak
- ↑ Azmuth
- ↑ The Ultimate Enemy: Part 2
- ↑ Professor Paradox
- ↑ Ben Again
- ↑ For a Few Brains More
- ↑ It's a Mad, Mad, Mad Ben World: Part 1
- ↑ The Frogs of War: Part 2
- ↑ Arrested Development
- ↑ A New Dawn
- ↑ The Vampire Strikes Back
- ↑ The Frogs of War: Part 1
- ↑ Let's Do the Time War Again
- ↑ Malgax Attacks
- ↑ File:Ben 23 Murk Upchuck.png
- ↑ http://archive.is/qBK7L
- ↑ http://archive.is/105I6
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 File:Omnitrix can change gender.PNG
- ↑ http://archive.is/Dqqkr
- ↑ http://archive.is/Es5k8
- ↑ File:Anti-Mechamorph Failsafes.png
- ↑ File:Ben's Reaction to Decagon.png
- ↑ https://ask.fm/DerrickJWyatt/threads/162917315188
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 https://archive.fo/gkLlr
- ↑ File:Snorecupine Proof.png
- ↑ File:Ventrilosquid LDTTWA.PNG
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 13.2 File:Commercial Aliens Exist Proof.png
- ↑ 14.0 14.1 14.2 File:Contest Winner Aliens Canon.png
- ↑ File:Portaler is a canon proof.jpg
- ↑ 16.0 16.1 16.2 File:Future Aliens Locked.png
- ↑ File:Dolphin DNA in Omnitrix Proof.png
- ↑ http://archive.is/D1Ss9
- ↑ File:Martian DNA Proof.png
- ↑ 20.0 20.1 File:Omnitrix Muroid & Revonnahgander DNA Proof.png
- ↑ http://archive.is/fSpWt
- ↑ http://archive.is/NIyDK
- ↑ File:Omnitrix Other Features.png
- ↑ http://archive.is/9lorn
- ↑ File:Polymorphic Crystal Will Not Turn Omnitrix Into Ultimatrix.png
- ↑ File:Ben Will Never Regain Ultimate Forms.png
- ↑ File:Ben Is Unaware of White Lab Mouse DNA.png
- ↑ File:Other Andromeda Transformations.png
- ↑ File:Slapstrike and Unitaur Fake.png
- ↑ File:Old Omnitrix Glitches.png
- ↑ http://archive.is/rEp8s
- ↑ 33.0 33.1 File:Omnitrix Dalek & Cybermen DNA.png
- ↑ File:Omnitrix Can Accept Muroid DNA.png
- ↑ File:NoslimbioteDNAinOmnitrix.jpeg
- ↑ File:No Contumelia DNA In Omnitrix.png
- ↑ File:Omnitrix Cannot Accept TARDIS DNA.png
- ↑ File:Omnitrix Cannot Accept Parademon DNA.png
- ↑ File:Omnitrix Cannot Accomodate Magical Creatures.png
- ↑ File:Omnitrix Cannot Accept Stone Creature DNA.png
- ↑ File:Omnitrix Cannot Accept Wizarding World Creatures.png
- ↑ File:Omnitrix Cannot Accept White Walker DNA.png
- ↑ http://archive.ph/d3DN3
- ↑ File:Omnitrix Could Accept Engineer DNA.png
- ↑ File:Omnitric Can Accept Thunderian DNA.png
- ↑ File:Thunderan Transformation Concept.png
- ↑ File:Derrick Would Like to Put Gelfling DNA in Omnitrix.png
- ↑ File:Ideal Scooby-Doo Alien For Omnitrix.png
- ↑ File:Omnitrix Can Accept Kryptonian DNA.png
- ↑ File:Omnitrix Can Accept Predator DNA.png
- ↑ http://archive.is/ePKVM
- ↑ Thread:209533#69
- ↑ File:Norm Ryang Designed OV Omnitrix.png
- ↑ http://archive.is/dM5U5
- ↑ File:Matt Youngberg Randomizer.PNG
- ↑ File:TJ Collins Omnitrix Icons.png
- ↑ http://archive.is/Qe5w7
|Omnitrix (Ben 10,000)||Biomnitrix||Nemetrix||Ultimatrix (Recreated)|
|Omnitrix (Replica)||Hero Watch||Power Watch||Zombitrix|