|This article belongs to the Classic Continuity|
|Click here to see the Reboot Continuity version of this article|
The Omnitrix resembles a wristwatch. Its faceplate is now square instead of round and has a white and green color scheme. The faceplate is black with two green stripes forming an outline for the hourglass of the intergalactic peace symbol. When the faceplate is slid back, the Omnitrix's core is revealed.
The Omnitrix was first mentioned by Azmuth in Map of Infinity. He was planning on giving it to Ben, but it was not complete, and Ben's maturity needed to increase before he would be allowed to use it.
Azmuth, by the events of The Ultimate Enemy: Part 2, had completed the Omnitrix and claimed that he was working on it ever since Ben got the original Omnitrix (approximately six years ago). In the same episode, he gave it to Ben because he deemed him worthy of wielding it after removing the Ultimatrix from the latter's wrist. Ben has been wearing this Omnitrix ever since.
- Just like the original Omnitrix and the Ultimatrix, the Omnitrix mainly allows for the user to alter their DNA at will and transform into a numerous variety of alien species that are each with their own unique powers and abilities (along with their weaknesses) and in a selection of alien DNA that is in groups of 10.
- The Omnitrix has a holographic interface, where a holographic circle is shown, with the top half having alien faces, which is activated and scrolls through the aliens by the user touching the faceplate, or in other ways, scrolling up and down or scrolling in a circle, akin to a touch screen. The faceplate will then slide open automatically after Ben chooses his alien, after that, the Omnitrix's core will come out. When pressed, it will trigger the transformation.
- The Omnitrix has a DNA scanner.
- The Omnitrix has a quick-change feature that automatically transforms the user back to normal when they are done using their transformation, causing it not to time out and allowing the user to transform again far quicker.
- Manually touching the Omnitrix symbol not only can allow the user to immediately transform back into normal but can be used to transform into different alien forms while already transformed.
- The Omnitrix has a Master Control.
- The Omnitrix has a Randomizer Function that turns the user into a different amount of aliens at random moments, being randomly selective of the transformations.
- The Omnitrix can add extra features to alien forms in order to make them safer/more stable.
- The Omnitrix can synchronize with another Omnitrix if activated at the same time.
- Unlike the original Omnitrix and the Ultimatrix, the Omnitrix does not mistransform.
- If it does mistransform, it is Ben's fault.[DJW 2] This is caused by his habit of slamming his hand on the Omnitrix's core and inadvertently the scroll pad.
- When Ben switches forms as an alien, he is still manipulating the controls. Switching from alien to alien without changing back to Ben does not always work, and it is bad for the Omnitrix.[MW 1]
- The Omnitrix does not rely on the Codon Stream for transformation. Instead, the DNA is stored within itself in a computerized form.[DJW 3]
- The Omnitrix can grant its user, as well as an alien form, the ability to speak another language fluently.
- The Omnitrix can change the user's gender to adapt to another species.[DJW 4]
- The Omnitrix has a 2-way communication system with Plumber Badges.
- The Omnitrix can also record messages, similar to voicemail.
- The Omnitrix has the functionalities of a regular digital watch.[DJW 5]
- The Omnitrix adapts the user's clothing to the alien they transform into.[DJW 6]
- The Omnitrix has a built-in Universal Translator.
- The Omnitrix has a distress signal function and homing device, as Azmuth was able to find and rescue Ben when was trapped inside the Incursean Exile Pod.
- The Omnitrix has a security lock system so that it can only be used by the user, as well as an alternate identification program if changes by outside forces occurs to the user.
- The Omnitrix has a fail-safe that kicks in in the event that the user's life is in jeopardy. This feature turns them into the needed alien to survive.
- The Omnitrix has fail-safes installed by Azmuth that prevent Galvanic Mechamorphs from tampering with the device.[DJW 7]
- The Omnitrix can be controlled by Voice Command.
- Omnitrix User Access Voice Recognition Mode
- Makes the Omnitrix recognize Ben
- Command Code 1010 Tennyson Benjamin Disengage Life-Form Lock
- Disengages Life-Form lock
- Omnitrix User Access Voice Recognition Mode
The Omnitrix has a total of at least 1,000,912 aliens; 69 have been named and unlocked, and Ben has been seen transforming into 62 of them.
- The Ultimate Enemy: Part 2 (first appearance)
Naming and Translations
|Spanish (HA)||Omnitrix||From the original English name; pronounced /'omnɪtrɪks/ (normally) and /omnɪ'trɪks/ (by Alan Albright in Weapon XI: Part 2).|
|Spanish (Spain)||Omnitrix||From the original English name; pronounced /omnɪ'trɪks/.|
- The Omnitrix is not hack proof.[DJW 9]
- The Galvan were the first species added to the Omnitrix.[DJW 10] However, Grey Matter's DNA sample came from neither Azmuth nor Albedo.[DJW 11]
- In addition to the ones listed above, the Omnitrix has hundreds of other features Ben does not know about.[DJW 12] For example, he does not know how to access the setting that changes the user's gender to adapt to another species.[DJW 4]
- Unlike the Ultimatrix, the Omnitrix does not have an evolutionary feature.[DJW 13] Also, a Polymorphic Crystal cannot transform the Omnitrix itself into an Ultimatrix.[DJW 14] Because of this, Ben will never regain the ability to transform into Ultimate Forms.[DJW 15]
- It is implied that Astrodactyl, Ball Weevil, Bloxx, Crashhopper, Feedback, Gravattack, Gutrot and Toepick were never locked in the Omnitrix.[DJW 11]
- The Omnitrix contains interdimensional white lab mouse DNA,[DJW 16] which Ben is unaware of.[DJW 17] It also contains dolphin DNA.[DJW 18]
- Unitaur and Slapstrike are not an actual aliens/transformations and were created just for The Ben 10 Show (although not by Deefus himself).[DJW 19]
- There were technical glitches in the original Omnitrix and Ultimatrix that limited the positioning of the symbol during transformations that caused interferences such as unclothed appearances. Azmuth reformatted and corrected these errors in the current Omnitrix.[DJW 20]
- The Omnitrix is always receiving software updates from Galvan Prime.[DJW 21]
- The Omnitrix is unable to scan and accept the DNA of certain beings and species including the Ultimate Forms,[DJW 11] cybernetically-enhanced beings such as the Cybermen,[DJW 22] and non-sapient races that do not have as much sentience as Muroids.[DJW 23]
- It neither contains nor accepts DNA from species such as Slimebiotes and Contumelia because neither of them have genetic material equivalent enough to traditional DNA that can be stored.[DJW 24][DJW 25]
- It cannot accept TARDIS DNA, mainly due to their nature as living spaceships depicted as commonplace objects.[DJW 26]
- When asked if it can accept Gem DNA, Derrick J. Wyatt answered "not in [his] show", implying that the acceptance of such DNA is a case depending on the writer.[DJW 27]
- The Omnitrix is unable to accommodate the DNA of magical creatures because magic is not compatible with the science of the Omnitrix.[DJW 28]
- The crew once came up with an alien with the ability to teleport, but he did not make it into the show.[DJW 32]
- When asked which species can have their DNA accepted by the Omnitrix, Derrick J. Wyatt has confirmed that the following races can be accepted: Mala'kak,[DJW 33] Kryptonians,[DJW 34] Yautja,[DJW 35] Flora Colossi,[DJW 36] and Irkens.[DJW 37]
- The Omnitrix can accept Thunderian DNA, though the resulting transformation would depend on the animal form of the genetic donor and would either resemble some type of cat that has not been seen on-screen or a dog.[DJW 38][DJW 39]
- Derrick has stated that he would personally like to add the Gelfling and the Space Kook into the Omnitrix,[DJW 40][DJW 41] implying that it can accept their DNA.
- Azmuth can lock the Omnitrix in person and remotely,[MW 1] much like what he did with the recreated Ultimatrix.
- The Omnitrix aliens are optimized adults of their respective species.[MW 2]
- The Omnitrix was designed by Matt Youngberg and Shane Poindexter[DJW 42] under the former's supervision. Matt had a really clear vision of what he wanted, and Derrick liked the direction they were going.[DJW 43]
- For its brief appearance in Ultimate Alien, it was designed by Norm Ryang based off Youngberg's concepts.[DJW 44]
- The Omnitrix's touch screen interface and Randomizer function were both Youngberg's ideas.[DJW 45][DJW 46]
- The icons representing each alien that appear on the touch screen interface were designed by TJ Collins[DJW 47] and are inspired by the Autobot and Decepticon insignias from Transformers: Animated, another Cartoon Network animated series that Wyatt had worked on.[DJW 48]
- ↑ Outbreak
- ↑ Azmuth
- ↑ The Ultimate Enemy: Part 2
- ↑ Professor Paradox
- ↑ Ben Again
- ↑ For a Few Brains More
- ↑ Secret of Dos Santos
- ↑ It's a Mad, Mad, Mad Ben World: Part 1
- ↑ The Frogs of War: Part 2
- ↑ Arrested Development
- ↑ A New Dawn
- ↑ The Vampire Strikes Back
- ↑ The Frogs of War: Part 1
- ↑ Malgax Attacks
- ↑ File:Ben 23 Murk Upchuck.png
- ↑ http://archive.is/qBK7L
- ↑ http://archive.is/105I6
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 File:Omnitrix can change gender.PNG
- ↑ http://archive.is/Dqqkr
- ↑ http://archive.is/Es5k8
- ↑ File:Anti-Mechamorph Failsafes.png
- ↑ File:Ventrilosquid LDTTWA.PNG
- ↑ http://archive.is/fSpWt
- ↑ http://archive.is/NIyDK
- ↑ File:Omnitrix Other Features.png
- ↑ http://archive.is/9lorn
- ↑ File:Polymorphic Crystal Will Not Turn Omnitrix Into Ultimatrix.png
- ↑ File:Ben Will Never Regain Ultimate Forms.png
- ↑ http://archive.is/D1Ss9
- ↑ File:Ben Is Unaware of White Lab Mouse DNA.png
- ↑ File:Dolphin DNA in Omnitrix Proof.png
- ↑ File:Slapstrike and Unitaur Fake.png
- ↑ File:Old Omnitrix Glitches.png
- ↑ http://archive.is/rEp8s
- ↑ File:Omnitrix Dalek & Cybermen DNA.png
- ↑ File:Omnitrix Can Accept Muroid DNA.png
- ↑ File:NoslimbioteDNAinOmnitrix.jpeg
- ↑ File:No Contumelia DNA In Omnitrix.png
- ↑ File:Omnitrix Cannot Accept TARDIS DNA.png
- ↑ File:Omnitrix Gem DNA.png
- ↑ File:Omnitrix Cannot Accomodate Magical Creatures.png
- ↑ File:Omnitrix Cannot Accept Stone Creature DNA.png
- ↑ File:Omnitrix Cannot Accept Wizarding World Creatures.png
- ↑ File:Omnitrix Cannot Accept White Walker DNA.png
- ↑ http://archive.ph/d3DN3
- ↑ File:Omnitrix Could Accept Engineer DNA.png
- ↑ File:Omnitrix Can Accept Kryptonian DNA.png
- ↑ File:Omnitrix Can Accept Predator DNA.png
- ↑ File:Omnitrix Can Accept Flora Colossus DNA.png
- ↑ File:Omnitrix Can Accept Irken DNA.png
- ↑ File:Omnitric Can Accept Thunderian DNA.png
- ↑ File:Thunderan Transformation Concept.png
- ↑ File:Derrick Would Like to Put Gelfling DNA in Omnitrix.png
- ↑ File:Ideal Scooby-Doo Alien For Omnitrix.png
- ↑ http://archive.is/ePKVM
- ↑ Thread:209533#69
- ↑ File:Norm Ryang Designed OV Omnitrix.png
- ↑ http://archive.is/dM5U5
- ↑ File:Matt Youngberg Randomizer.PNG
- ↑ File:TJ Collins Omnitrix Icons.png
- ↑ http://archive.is/Qe5w7
|Omnitrix (Ben 10,000)||Biomnitrix||Nemetrix||Ultimatrix (Recreated)|
|Omnitrix (Replica)||Hero Watch||Power Watch||Zombitrix|