|This article belongs to the Classic Timeline|
|“||It always seems to give me the right alien, even when I want something else. Guess I should stop fighting it. It seems to know me better than... me.||”|
- 1 Appearance
- 2 History
- 3 Features
- 4 Modes
- 5 Known Aliens
- 6 Appearances
- 7 Naming and Translations
- 8 Trivia
- 9 Notes
- 10 References
The Omnitrix resembles a digital wristwatch. Its faceplate is now square instead of round and has a white, green, and black color scheme. The faceplate is black with two green stripes forming an outline for the hourglass of the intergalactic peace symbol. When the faceplate is slid back, the Omnitrix's core is revealed.
The Omnitrix of Maximillian's Dimension looks exactly the same except the inside of the Omnitrix is green and the faceplate can become red when time out. The vents are also absent from this Omnitrix.
This Omnitrix was first mentioned by Azmuth in Map of Infinity. He was planning on giving it to Ben, but stated that it was not complete. He also mentioned that Ben's maturity needed to increase before he would be allowed to use it.
Towards the end of Ultimate Alien, Azmuth had completed this Omnitrix. In The Ultimate Enemy: Part 2, Azmuth finally gave it to Ben because he deemed him worthy of wielding it shortly after removing the Ultimatrix from the latter's wrist. Ben has been wearing this Omnitrix ever since.
- Just like the original Omnitrix and the Ultimatrix, the Omnitrix mainly allows for the user to alter their DNA at will and transform into a numerous variety of alien species that are each with their own unique powers and abilities (along with their weaknesses) and in a selection of alien DNA that is in groups of 10.
- Alien DNA is "injected" into the user, meaning they retain the wielder's personality, memories, and consciousness.[DR 1] Because of this, most of the aliens are not full-blown aliens, and rather hybrids with a small portion of the user's DNA. However, there are exceptions, such as the Ectonurite and Conductoid DNA.[DR 2][note 1]
- The Omnitrix has a holographic interface, where a holographic circle is shown, with the top half having alien faces, which is activated and scrolls through the aliens by the user touching the faceplate, or in other ways, scrolling up and down or scrolling in a circle, akin to a touch screen. The faceplate will then slide open automatically after Ben chooses his alien, after that, the Omnitrix's core will come out. When pressed, it will trigger the transformation.
- The Omnitrix has a DNA scanner.
- The Omnitrix has a quick-change feature that automatically transforms the user back to normal when they are done using their transformation, causing it not to time out and allowing the user to transform again far quicker.
- Manually touching the Omnitrix symbol not only can allow the user to immediately transform back into normal, but can also be used to transform into different alien forms while already transformed.
- The Omnitrix has a Master Control.
- The Omnitrix has a Randomizer Function that turns the user into a different amount of aliens at random moments, being randomly selective of the transformations.
- The Omnitrix can add extra features to alien forms in order to make them safer/more stable.
- The Omnitrix can synchronize with another Omnitrix if activated at the same time.
- The Omnitrix does not rely on the Codon Stream for transformation. Instead, the DNA is stored within itself in a computerized form.[DJW 3]
- The Omnitrix can grant its user, as well as an alien form, the ability to speak another language fluently.
- The Omnitrix can change the user's gender to adapt to another species.[DJW 4]
- The Omnitrix has a 2-way communication system with Plumber Badges.
- The Omnitrix can also record messages, similar to voicemail.
- The Omnitrix has the functionalities of a regular digital watch.[DJW 5]
- The Omnitrix adapts the user's clothing to the alien they transform into.[DJW 6]
- The Omnitrix has a built-in Universal Translator.
- The Omnitrix has a distress signal function and homing device, as Azmuth was able to find and rescue Ben when was trapped inside the Incursean Exile Pod.
- The Omnitrix has a security lock system so that it can only be used by the user, as well as an alternate identification program if changes by outside forces occur to the user.
- The Omnitrix has a failsafe that kicks in in the event that the user's life is in jeopardy. This feature turns them into the needed alien to survive.
- The Omnitrix has failsafes installed by Azmuth that prevent Galvanic Mechamorphs from tampering with the device.[DJW 7]
- The Omnitrix has the option of making its symbols disappear.[DJW 8]
- The Omnitrix can be controlled by Voice Command.
- Omnitrix User Access Voice Recognition Mode
- Makes the Omnitrix recognize Ben
- Command Code 1010 Tennyson Benjamin Disengage Life-Form Lock
- Disengages Life-Form lock
- Omnitrix User Access Voice Recognition Mode
- If the Omnitrix does mistransform, it is because of the user[DJW 9] slamming on the Omnitrix's core and (inadvertently) the scroll pad.
- Other reasons for mistransfoming include not perfecting either the preload or proper pressure application and misreading the display. Overall, incorrect transformations are caused by the user's general sloppiness.[DR 3]
- Slamming the core also affects the time limit of a transformation, as the user could stay transformed for hours.[DJW 10]
- When switching between aliens, the user could be manipulating the controls. Transforming into another alien without changing back does not always work and is bad for the Omnitrix.[MW 1]
- Much like the original Ultimatrix, the Omnitrix is not hack proof.[DJW 11]
- Much like the prototype Omnitrix, this Omnitrix does not have a failsafe against magic.[DJW 12]
The Omnitrix has a total of at least 1,000,912 aliens; 69 have been named and unlocked, and Ben has been seen transforming into 62 of them.
- The Ultimate Enemy: Part 2 (first appearance)
- Alien X-Tinction (first reappearance; alternate)
Naming and Translations
|Spanish (HA)||Omnitrix||From the original English name; pronounced /'omnɪtrɪks/ (normally) and /omnɪ'trɪks/ (by Alan Albright in Weapon XI: Part 2).|
|Spanish (Spain)||Omnitrix||From the original English name; pronounced /omnɪ'trɪks/.|
- The Galvan were the first species added to the Omnitrix.[DJW 13] However, Grey Matter's DNA sample came from neither Azmuth nor Albedo.[DJW 14]
- In addition to the ones listed above, the Omnitrix has hundreds of other features Ben does not know about.[DJW 15] For example, he does not know how to access the settings that changes the user's gender to adapt to another species[DJW 4] or make the Omnitrix's symbols disappear.[DJW 8]
- Unlike the Ultimatrix, the Omnitrix does not have an evolutionary feature.[DJW 16] Also, a Polymorphic Crystal cannot transform the Omnitrix itself into an Ultimatrix.[DJW 17]
- It is implied that aliens such as Astrodactyl, Ball Weevil, Bloxx, Crashhopper, Gutrot and Toepick were never locked in the Omnitrix.[DJW 14]
- In regards to Gravattack, it is implied that he was unlocked by the alternate Ben 10,000 in Ben 10,000 Returns. This is because Albedo is able to transform into Negative Gravattack, and his powers only allow him to turn into all the aliens Ben has unlocked prior to Double or Nothing.
- In regards to Feedback, it remains unclear how Ben was able to regain the form prior to Showdown: Part 1.
- Ben is unaware that the Omnitrix contains interdimensional white lab mouse DNA.[DJW 19][DJW 20]
- The Omnitrix also contains dolphin DNA.[DJW 21]
- Unitaur and Slapstrike are not an actual aliens/transformations and were created just for The Ben 10 Show (although not by Deefus himself).[DJW 22]
- According to Derrick J. Wyatt, Spitter was unlocked off-screen after Ben 10: Destroy All Aliens and is available to Ben in present day.[DJW 23]
- Derrick believes that non-canon aliens Rocks and Squidstrictor are available in the Omnitrix,[DJW 24] having been unlocked off-screen prior to The More Things Change: Part 1.[DJW 25] This is because he wanted to incorporate those aliens into the show before the network intervened.[DJW 26] Since neither of these aliens appeared on-screen, their canonicity is currently unknown.
- Derrick once stated that unproduced alien Ventrilosquid is available in the Omnitrix, having been used off-screen prior to Let's Do the Time War Again.[DJW 27] However, he stated years later that he was joking.[DJW 28]
- Though it has been confirmed that species introduced the Reboot exist in the Classic Omnitrix,[DR 4][DR 5] Derrick does not think it contains Fulmini DNA.[DJW 29]
- The Omnitrix is loaded with a lot of underpowered and powerless aliens. Matt joked that Ben unlocked some of these aliens when he was 11, including Bungee Sponge, Somnambulizard, Skidmarx, Mealymouth, Hippopotamass, and Crabtastic.[MW 3]
- There were technical glitches in the original Omnitrix and Ultimatrix that limited the positioning of the symbol during transformations that caused interferences such as unclothed appearances. Azmuth reformatted and corrected these errors in the current Omnitrix.[DJW 30]
- The Omnitrix is always receiving software updates from Galvan Prime.[DJW 31]
- The Omnitrix is unable to scan and accept the DNA of certain beings and species including the Ultimate Forms,[DJW 14] cybernetically-enhanced beings,[DJW 32] mutants such as Osmosians,[DJW 33] living spaceships depicted as commonplace objects,[DJW 34] and non-sapient races that do not have as much sentience as Muroids.[DJW 35]
- It neither contains nor accepts DNA from species such as Slimebiotes and Contumelia because neither of them have genetic material equivalent enough to traditional DNA that can be stored.[DJW 36][DJW 37]
- Derrick believes that the Omnitrix cannot accept cryptid DNA,[DJW 38] but Matt Wayne says it can.[MW 4]
- When asked if it can accept Gem DNA, Derrick answered "not in [his] show".[DJW 39] This implies that the acceptance of such DNA is a case depending on the writer.
- The Omnitrix is unable to accommodate the DNA of magical creatures such as Stone Creatures and other inhabitants of Ledgerdomain because magic is not compatible with the science of the Omnitrix.[DJW 40][DJW 41]
- Azmuth can lock the Omnitrix in person and remotely,[MW 1] much like what he did with the recreated Ultimatrix.
- According to both Derrick J Wyatt and Matt Wayne, the Omnitrix aliens are both prime specimens and optimized adults of their respective species,[DJW 42][MW 5] with Bullfrag and Four Arms being key examples.
- However, the way age affects the Omnitrix's transformations has been inconsistently represented throughout the series, so this may not be correct.
- Unlike some of Ben's alternate counterparts, Bad Ben's Omnitrix does not have a unique name.[DJW 43]
- The Omnitrix was designed by Matt Youngberg and Shane Poindexter[DJW 44] under the former's supervision. Matt had a really clear vision of what he wanted, and Derrick liked the direction they were going.[DJW 45]
- For its brief appearance in Ultimate Alien, it was designed by Norm Ryang based off Youngberg's concepts.[DJW 46]
- The Omnitrix's touch screen interface and Randomizer function were both Youngberg's ideas.[DJW 47][DJW 48]
- The alien icons on the touch screen interface were designed by TJ Collins[DJW 49] and are inspired by the Autobot and Decepticon insignias from Transformers: Animated, another Cartoon Network animated series that Wyatt had worked on.[DJW 50]
- Derrick would like to have the Omnitrix have a "costume change" feature that would allow the user to access different types of armors, the concept of which is similar to the Omni-Kix and Omni-Naut Armors available in its Reboot counterpart.
- A New Dawn
- The Ultimate Enemy: Part 2
- Professor Paradox
- Ben Again
- Secret of Dos Santos
- It's a Mad, Mad, Mad Ben World: Part 1
- The Frogs of War: Part 2
- Arrested Development
- For a Few Brains More
- No Honor Among Bros
- Inspector 13
- Ben 10: Destroy All Aliens
- The Vampire Strikes Back
- The Frogs of War: Part 1
- Malgax Attacks
- File:Ben 23 Murk Upchuck.png
- File:Omnitrix Can Change User's Gender.PNG
- File:Anti-Mechamorph Failsafes.png
- File:Disappearing Omnitrix Symbol Setting.png
- File:NHAB Extended Time Limit.png
- File:No Failsafes Against Magic.png
- File:Galvans First in the Omnitrix.png
- File:Omnitrix Other Features.png
- File:OV Omnitrix No Evolutionary Function.png
- File:Polymorphic Crystal Will Not Turn Omnitrix Into Ultimatrix.png
- File:Ben Will Never Regain Ultimate Forms.png
- File:Ben Is Unaware of White Lab Mouse DNA.png
- File:Dolphin DNA in Omnitrix Proof.png
- File:Slapstrike and Unitaur Fake.png
- File:OV Spitter Unlocked During Flashbacks.PNG
- File:Rocks and Squidstrictor Canon.png
- File:Rocks and Squidstrictor Unlocked Before OV.png
- File:Derrick Wanted to Add Rocks and Squidstrictor Into OV.png
- File:Ventrilosquid LDTTWA.PNG
- File:Ventrilosquid LDTTWA Joke.png
- File:Shock Rock Not in Classic Omnitrix.png
- File:Old Omnitrix Glitches.png
- File:Omnitrix Dalek & Cybermen DNA.png
- File:Omnitrix Cannot Accept Mutant DNA.png
- File:Omnitrix Cannot Accept TARDIS DNA.png
- File:Omnitrix Can Accept Muroid DNA.png
- File:No Slimebiote DNA In Omnitrix.png
- File:No Contumelia DNA In Omnitrix.png
- File:Omnitrix Cannot Accept Cryptid DNA.png
- File:Omnitrix Gem DNA.png
- File:Omnitrix Cannot Accomodate Magical Creatures.png
- File:Omnitrix Cannot Accept Stone Creature DNA.png
- File:Prime Specimen Omnitrix.png
- File:Bad Ben's Omnitrix Does Not Have A Special Name.png
- File:DJW Interview 2.png
- File:Norm Ryang Designed OV Omnitrix.png
- File:Matt Youngberg Randomizer.PNG
- File:TJ Collins Omnitrix Icons.png
|Omnitrix (Ben 10,000)||Biomnitrix||Nemetrix||Ultimatrix (Recreated)|
|Omnitrix (Replica)||Hero Watch||Power Watch||Zombitrix|