|This article belongs to the Classic Continuity|
|“||It always seems to give me the right alien, even when I want something else. Guess I should stop fighting it. It seems to know me better than... me.||”|
The Omnitrix resembles a digital wristwatch. Its faceplate is now square rather than round and has a white, green, and black color scheme. The faceplate is black with two green stripes forming an outline for the hourglass of the Galvan tech logo. When the faceplate is slid back, the Omnitrix's core is revealed.
This Omnitrix was first mentioned by Azmuth in Map of Infinity. He was planning on giving it to Ben, but stated that it was not complete. He also mentioned that Ben's maturity needed to increase before he would be allowed to use it.
Towards the end of Ultimate Alien, Azmuth had completed this Omnitrix. In The Ultimate Enemy: Part 2, Azmuth finally gave it to Ben because he deemed him worthy of wielding it shortly after removing the Ultimatrix from the latter's wrist. Ben has been wearing this Omnitrix ever since.
Many years later, Ben gave the Omnitrix to his son, Ken. However, Ken went on a mission he was not allowed to go on at some point after this, and got in over his head, prompting Ben to take his Omnitrix from him.[DJW 1]
- Just like the original Omnitrix and the Ultimatrix, the Omnitrix mainly allows for the user to alter their DNA at will and transform into a numerous variety of alien species that are each with their own unique powers and abilities (along with their weaknesses) and in a selection of alien DNA that is in groups of 10.
- Alien DNA is "injected" into the user, meaning they retain the wielder's personality, memories, and consciousness.[DR 1] Because of this, most of the aliens are not full-blown aliens, and rather hybrids with a small portion of the user's DNA. However, there are exceptions, such as the Ectonurite and Conductoid DNA.[DR 2][note 1]
- The Omnitrix has a holographic interface, where a holographic circle is shown, with the top half having alien faces, which is activated and scrolls through the aliens by the user touching the faceplate, or in other ways, scrolling up and down or scrolling in a circle, akin to a touch screen. The faceplate will then slide open automatically after Ben chooses his alien, after that, the Omnitrix's core will come out. When pressed, it will trigger the transformation.
- The Omnitrix has a DNA scanner.
- The Omnitrix has a quick-change feature that automatically transforms the user back to normal when they are done using their transformation, causing it not to time out and allowing the user to transform again far quicker.
- Manually touching the Omnitrix symbol not only can allow the user to immediately transform back into normal, but can also be used to transform into different alien forms while already transformed.
- The Omnitrix has a Master Control.
- The Omnitrix has a Randomizer Function that turns the user into a different amount of aliens at random moments, being randomly selective of the transformations.
- The Omnitrix can add extra features to alien forms in order to make them safer/more stable.
- The Omnitrix can synchronize with another Omnitrix if activated at the same time.
- The Omnitrix does not rely on the Codon Stream for transformation. Instead, the DNA is stored within itself in a computerized form.[DJW 4]
- The Omnitrix can grant its user, as well as an alien form, the ability to speak another language fluently.
- The Omnitrix can change the user's gender to adapt to another species.[DJW 5]
- The Omnitrix has a 2-way communication system with Plumber Badges.
- The Omnitrix can also record messages, similar to voicemail.
- The Omnitrix has the functionalities of a regular digital watch.[DJW 6]
- The Omnitrix adapts the user's clothing to the alien they transform into.[DJW 7]
- The Omnitrix has a built-in Universal Translator.
- The Omnitrix has a distress signal function and homing device, as Azmuth was able to find and rescue Ben when was trapped inside the Incursean Exile Pod.
- The Omnitrix has a security lock system so that it can only be used by the user, as well as an alternate identification program if changes by outside forces occur to the user.
- The Omnitrix has a failsafe that kicks in in the event that the user's life is in jeopardy. This feature turns them into the needed alien to survive.
- The Omnitrix has failsafes installed by Azmuth that prevent Galvanic Mechamorphs from tampering with the device.[DJW 8]
- The Omnitrix has the option of making its symbols disappear.[DJW 9]
- The Omnitrix can be controlled by Voice Command.
- Omnitrix User Access Voice Recognition Mode
- Makes the Omnitrix recognize Ben
- Command Code 1010 Tennyson Benjamin Disengage Life-Form Lock
- Disengages Life-Form lock
- Omnitrix User Access Voice Recognition Mode
- If the Omnitrix does mistransform, it is because of the user[DJW 10] slamming on the Omnitrix's core and (inadvertently) the scroll pad.[note 2]
- Other reasons for mistransfoming include not perfecting either the preload or proper pressure application and misreading the display. Overall, incorrect transformations are caused by the user's general sloppiness.[DR 3]
- Slamming the core also affects the time limit of a transformation, as the user could stay transformed for hours.[DJW 11]
- When switching between aliens, the user could be manipulating the controls. Transforming into another alien without changing back does not always work and is bad for the Omnitrix.[MW 1]
- Much like the original Ultimatrix, the Omnitrix is not hack proof.[DJW 12]
- Much like the prototype Omnitrix, this Omnitrix does not have a failsafe against magic.[DJW 13]
- The DNA Scanner of the Omnitrix will attempt to scan any new DNA in the vicinity. If the DNA sample is too far away, then the Omnitrix will shut down all its other functions until it scans the new sample.
- Ben can be prevented from transforming by a genetic disrupter field. Once the DNA of an alien is scanned, it can be overriden.
- Too many transformations and reversals will wear out the Omnitrix, causing it to go into a cooldown cycle.
- In addition to gaining all the powers and abilities of an alien, Ben gains all the weaknesses of that alien as well, which include being vulnerable to the alien's natural predator.
The Omnitrix has a total of at least 1,000,912 aliens, more than 70 of whom are unlocked. Out of these aliens, only 62 are named. Only 58 from them are used at least one time.
- The Ultimate Enemy: Part 2 (first appearance)
Naming and Translations
|Spanish (HA)||Omnitrix||From the original English name; pronounced /'omnɪtrɪks/ (normally) and /omnɪ'trɪks/ (by Alan Albright in Weapon XI: Part 2).|
|Spanish (Spain)||Omnitrix||From the original English name; pronounced /omnɪ'trɪks/.|
- The Galvan were the first species added to the Omnitrix.[DJW 14] However, Grey Matter's DNA sample came from neither Azmuth nor Albedo.[DJW 15]
- In addition to the ones listed above, the Omnitrix has hundreds of other features Ben does not know about.[DJW 16] For example, he does not know how to access the settings that changes the user's gender to adapt to another species[DJW 5] or make the Omnitrix's symbols disappear.[DJW 9]
- Unlike the Ultimatrix, the Omnitrix does not have an evolutionary feature.[DJW 17] Also, a Polymorphic Crystal cannot transform the Omnitrix itself into an Ultimatrix.[DJW 18]
- It is implied that aliens such as Astrodactyl, Ball Weevil, Bloxx, Crashhopper, Gutrot, and Toepick were never locked in the Omnitrix.[DJW 15]
- In regard to Gravattack, it is implied that he was unlocked by the alternate Ben 10,000 in Ben 10,000 Returns. This is because Albedo is able to transform into Negative Gravattack, and his powers only allow him to turn into all the aliens Ben has unlocked prior to Double or Nothing, though Derrick later stated he was wrong about said claim due to Negative Gravattack.[DJW 20]
- In regard to Feedback, Matt Youngberg, Derrick J. Wyatt, and Kevin Rubio believe that Ben reabsorbed Feedback's DNA when he was floating inside Malware because Malware absorbed both the transformation and a little bit of Ben's genetic code when he destroyed Feedback. Thus, part of him really was missing.[KR 1][MY 1][DJW 21]
- Ben is unaware that the Omnitrix contains interdimensional white lab mouse DNA.[DJW 22][DJW 23]
- The Omnitrix also contains dolphin DNA.[DJW 24]
- Unitaur and Slapstrike are not an actual aliens/transformations and were created just for The Ben 10 Show (although not by Deefus himself).[DJW 25]
- According to Derrick J. Wyatt, Spitter was unlocked off-screen after Ben 10: Destroy All Aliens and is available to Ben in present day.[DJW 26]
- Derrick believed that non-canon aliens Rocks and Squidstrictor are available in the Omnitrix,[DJW 27] having been unlocked off-screen prior to The More Things Change: Part 1.[DJW 28] This is because he wanted to incorporate those aliens into the show before the network intervened.[DJW 29] Since neither of these aliens appeared on-screen, their canonicity is currently unknown.
- Derrick once stated that unproduced alien Ventrilosquid is available in the Omnitrix, having been used off-screen prior to Let's Do the Time War Again.[DJW 30] However, he stated years later that he was joking.[DJW 31]
- Though it has been confirmed that species introduced the Reboot exist in the Classic Omnitrix,[DR 4][DR 5] Derrick did not think it contains Fulmini DNA.[DJW 32]
- The Omnitrix is loaded with a lot of underpowered and powerless aliens. Matt joked that Ben unlocked some of these aliens when he was 11, including Bungee Sponge, Somnambulizard, Skidmarx, Mealymouth, Hippopotamass, and Crabtastic.[MW 3]
- The crew came up with a bunch of names for aliens available to Ben at age 16, including The Zilch, Pyxl-Loaf, Crocduster, Overround, The Sledge, Splatterator, Dropsies, Tranquenstine, Tanker Bell, Mister Sister, THUUG, The Walking Dread, Polywhirl, Tool Bucket, Murphybed, Turdberry, and Brundlefoot.[DJW 33][DJW 34][DJW 35]
- There were technical glitches in the original Omnitrix and Ultimatrix that limited the positioning of the symbol during transformations that caused interferences such as unclothed appearances. Azmuth reformatted and corrected these errors in the current Omnitrix.[DJW 36]
- The Omnitrix is always receiving software updates from Galvan Prime.[DJW 37]
- The Omnitrix is unable to scan and accept the DNA of certain beings and species including the Ultimate Forms,[DJW 15] cybernetically-enhanced beings,[DJW 38] mutants such as Osmosians,[DJW 39] living spaceships depicted as commonplace objects,[DJW 40] and non-sapient races that do not have as much sentience as Muroids.[DJW 41]
- It neither contains nor accepts DNA from species such as Slimebiotes and Contumelia because neither of them have genetic material equivalent enough to traditional DNA that can be stored.[DJW 42][DJW 43]
- Derrick believed that the Omnitrix cannot accept cryptid DNA,[DJW 44] but Matt Wayne says it can.[MW 4]
- When asked if it can accept Gem DNA, Derrick answered "not in [his] show".[DJW 45] This implies that the acceptance of such DNA is a case depending on the writer.
- The Omnitrix is unable to accommodate the DNA of magical creatures such as Stone Creatures and other inhabitants of Legerdomain because magic is not compatible with the science of the Omnitrix.[DJW 46][DJW 47]
- Azmuth can lock the Omnitrix in person and remotely,[MW 5] much like what he did with the recreated Ultimatrix.
- Both Derrick and Matt state that the Omnitrix aliens are both prime specimens and optimized adults of their respective species,[DJW 48][MW 6] with Bullfrag and Four Arms being key examples.
- However, the way age affects the Omnitrix's transformations has been inconsistently represented throughout the series, so this may not always be correct.
- Unlike some of Ben's alternate counterparts, Bad Ben's Omnitrix does not have a unique name.[DJW 49]
- The Omnitrix was designed by Matt Youngberg and Shane Poindexter[DJW 50] under the former's supervision. Matt had a really clear vision of what he wanted, and Derrick liked the direction they were going.[DJW 51]
- For its brief appearance in Ultimate Alien, it was designed by Norm Ryang based off Youngberg's concepts.[DJW 52]
- The Omnitrix's touch screen interface and Randomizer function were both Youngberg's ideas.[DJW 53][DJW 54]
- The alien icons on the touch screen interface were designed by TJ Collins[DJW 55] and are inspired by the Autobot and Decepticon insignias from Transformers: Animated, another Cartoon Network animated series that Wyatt had worked on.[DJW 56]
- Derrick would have liked to have the Omnitrix have a "costume change" feature that would allow the user to access different types of armors, the concept of which is similar to the Omni-Kix and Omni-Naut Armors available in its Reboot counterpart.
- A running gag throughout Omniverse is Ben Prime often not looking at the dial and mistransforming as a result.
- When asked about this, Derrick J. Wyatt stated that Duncan Rouleau's views are only canon for the reboot without directly saying Duncan's statement was wrong.[DJW 2]
- Azimuth warned Ben not to bang so hard on the Omnitrix core when transforming, as the impact will send the timeout function to a random selection. This is considered the main on-screen reason why Ben often did not get the alien form he wanted.
- A New Dawn
- The Ultimate Enemy: Part 2
- Professor Paradox
- Ben Again
- The Secret of Dos Santos
- It's a Mad, Mad, Mad Ben World: Part 1
- The Frogs of War: Part 2
- Arrested Development
- For a Few Brains More
- No Honor Among Bros
- Inspector #13
- Ben 10: Destroy All Aliens
- The Vampire Strikes Back
- The Frogs of War: Part 1
- Store 23
- Malgax Attacks
- File:Why Ken Lost His Omnitrix.png
- File:Ben 23 Murk Upchuck.png
- File:Omnitrix Can Change User's Gender.PNG
- File:Anti-Mechamorph Failsafes.png
- File:Disappearing Omnitrix Symbol Setting.png
- File:NHAB Extended Time Limit.png
- File:No Failsafes Against Magic.png
- File:Galvans First in the Omnitrix.png
- File:Omnitrix Other Features.png
- File:OV Omnitrix No Evolutionary Function.png
- File:Polymorphic Crystal Will Not Turn Omnitrix Into Ultimatrix.png
- File:Ben Will Never Regain Ultimate Forms.png
- File:Derrick Retracted Double or Nothing Statement.png
- File:Malware Absorbed Feedback's Genetic Fragments.png
- File:Ben Is Unaware of White Lab Mouse DNA.png
- File:Dolphin DNA in Omnitrix Proof.png
- File:Slapstrike and Unitaur Fake.png
- File:OV Spitter Unlocked During Flashbacks.PNG
- File:Rocks and Squidstrictor Canon.png
- File:Rocks and Squidstrictor Unlocked Before OV.png
- File:Derrick Wanted to Add Rocks and Squidstrictor Into OV.png
- File:Ventrilosquid LDTTWA.PNG
- File:Ventrilosquid LDTTWA Joke.png
- File:Shock Rock Not in Classic Omnitrix.png
- File:DJW Joke Aliens.png
- File:Ben 23 Joke Aliens.png
- File:Old Omnitrix Glitches.png
- File:Omnitrix Dalek & Cybermen DNA.png
- File:Omnitrix Cannot Accept Mutant DNA.png
- File:Omnitrix Cannot Accept TARDIS DNA.png
- File:Omnitrix Can Accept Muroid DNA.png
- File:No Slimebiote DNA In Omnitrix.png
- File:No Contumelia DNA In Omnitrix.png
- File:Omnitrix Cannot Accept Cryptid DNA.png
- File:Omnitrix Gem DNA.png
- File:Omnitrix Cannot Accomodate Magical Creatures.png
- File:Omnitrix Cannot Accept Stone Creature DNA.png
- File:Prime Specimen Omnitrix.png
- File:Bad Ben's Omnitrix Does Not Have A Special Name.png
- File:Direction With New Omnitrix.png
- File:Norm Ryang Designed OV Omnitrix.png
- File:Matt Youngberg Randomizer.PNG
- File:TJ Collins Omnitrix Icons.png
|Omnitrix (Ben 10,000)||Biomnitrix||Nemetrix||Ultimatrix (Recreated)|
|Omnitrix (Replica)||Hero Watch||Power Watch||Zombitrix|