|This article belongs to the Classic Continuity|
|Click here to see the Reboot Continuity version of this article|
The Omnitrix resembles a wristwatch. Its faceplate is now square instead of round and has a white and green color scheme. The faceplate is black with two green stripes forming an outline for the hourglass of the intergalactic peace symbol. When the faceplate is slid back, the Omnitrix's core is revealed.
The Omnitrix was first mentioned by Azmuth in Map of Infinity. He was planning on giving it to Ben, but it was not complete, and Ben's maturity needed to increase before he would be allowed to use it.
Azmuth, by the events of The Ultimate Enemy: Part 2, had completed the Omnitrix and claimed that he was working on it ever since Ben got the original Omnitrix (approximately six years ago). In the same episode, he gave it to Ben because he deemed him worthy of wielding it after removing the Ultimatrix from the latter's wrist.
- Just like the original Omnitrix and the Ultimatrix, the Omnitrix mainly allows for the user to alter their DNA at will and transform into a numerous variety of alien species that are each with their own unique powers and abilities (along with their weaknesses) and in a selection of alien DNA that is in groups of 10.
- The Omnitrix has a holographic interface, where a holographic circle is shown, with the top half having alien faces, which is activated and scrolls through the aliens by the user touching the faceplate, or in other ways, scrolling up and down or scrolling in a circle, akin to a touch screen. The faceplate will then slide open automatically after Ben chooses his alien, after that, the Omnitrix's core will come out. When pressed, it will trigger the transformation.
- The Omnitrix has a DNA scanner.
- The Omnitrix has a quick change feature that automatically transforms the user back to normal when they are done using their transformation, causing it not to time out and allowing the user to transform again far quicker.
- Manually touching the Omnitrix symbol not only can allow the user to immediately transform back into normal but can be used to transform into different alien forms while already transformed.
- The Omnitrix has a Master Control.
- The Omnitrix has a Randomizer Function that turns the user into a different amount of Aliens at random moments; being randomly selective of it’s transformations.
- The Omnitrix can add extra features to alien forms in order to make them safer/more stable.
- The Omnitrix can synchronize with another Omnitrix.
- Unlike the original Omnitrix and the Ultimatrix, the Omnitrix does not mistransform.
- If it does mistransform, it's Ben's fault;[DJW 1] caused by his habit of slamming his hand on the Omnitrix's core and inadvertently the scroll pad.
- When Ben switches forms as an alien, he's still manipulating the controls. Switching from alien to alien without changing back to Ben doesn't always work, and it's bad for the Omnitrix.[MW 1]
- The Omnitrix does not rely on the Codon Stream for transformation; instead, the DNA is stored within itself in a computerized form.[DJW 2]
- The Omnitrix has a 2-way communication system with Plumber Badges.
- The Omnitrix can also record messages, similar to voicemail.
- The Omnitrix has the functionalities of a regular digital watch.[DJW 3]
- The Omnitrix adapts the user's clothing to the alien he/she transforms into.[DJW 4]
- The Omnitrix has a built-in Universal Translator.
- The Omnitrix has a distress signal function and homing device as Azmuth was able to find and rescue Ben when was trapped inside the Incursean Exile Pod.
- The Omnitrix has a security lock system so that only Ben can use it.
- It also has an alternate identification program if some change by outside forces occurs to Ben.
- The Omnitrix has a fail-safe that kicks in in the event that the user's life is in jeopardy. This feature turns him into the needed alien to survive.
- The Omnitrix can be controlled by Voice Command.
- Omnitrix User Access Voice Recognition Mode
- Makes the Omnitrix recognize Ben
- Command Code 1010 Tennyson Benjamin Disengage Life-Form Lock
- Disengages Life-Form lock
- Omnitrix User Access Voice Recognition Mode
The Omnitrix has a total of at least 1,000,912 aliens; 70 have been named and unlocked, and Ben has been seen transforming into 62 of them.
Ben 10: Ultimate Alien
- The Ultimate Enemy: Part 2 (first appearance)
Ben 10: Omniverse
Naming and Translations
|Spanish (HA)||Omnitrix||From the original English name; pronounced /'omnɪtrɪks/ (normally) and /omnɪ'trɪks/ (by Alan Albright in Weapon XI: Part 2).|
|Spanish (Spain)||Omnitrix||From the original English name; pronounced /omnɪ'trɪks/.|
- The Omnitrix is not hack proof.[DJW 9]
- The Galvan were the first species added to the Omnitrix.[DJW 10]
- The Omnitrix doesn't have the Ultimatrix's evolutionary feature.[DJW 12]
- Almost every alien that Ben has discovered over the course of Omniverse were never locked in the Omnitrix.[DJW 11] Rather, Ben was simply unaware they were available until he first transformed into each of them.
- Walkatrout, Pesky Dust, Mole-Stache, and The Worst were all unlocked by Blukic and Driba.
- Kickin Hawk was unlocked through a DNA scan.
- Bullfrag was personally added to the active playlists by Azmuth.
- Buzzshock became available due to electromagnetic interference caused by Phil's exposure to the Nemetrix.
- Atomix was manually unlocked when Azmuth headbutted the Omnitrix.
- Whampire was obtained through the DNA scan of a resurrected alien.
- Snakepit, Sandbox, and Shellhead's DNA do not exist in the Omnitrix yet.[DJW 13]
- Ben would be horrified to know that the Omnitrix has a Vreedle DNA sample, justifying why he is unaware of Decagon Vreedle being available.[DJW 14]
- There were technical glitches in the original Omnitrix and Ultimatrix that limited the positioning of the symbol during transformations. This caused interference with the transformations, such as power glitches. Azmuth reformatted and corrected these errors in the current Omnitrix.[DJW 15]
- The Omnitrix is always receiving software updates from Galvan Prime.[DJW 16]
- The Omnitrix can't accommodate magical creatures from Ledgerdomain.[DJW 17]
- Azmuth can lock the Omnitrix in person and remotely.[MW 1]
- The Omnitrix aliens are optimized adults of their respective species.[MW 2]
- It is currently unknown whether or not Ben can actually transform into aliens that have been used by Deefus on the Ben 10 Extranet program such as Unitaur and Slapstrike , as he made a sarcastic remark saying that those forms were in "[his] other Omnitrix".
- Matt Youngberg and Shane Poindexter designed the Omnitrix[DJW 18] under the former's supervision. Matt had a really clear vision of what he wanted, and Derrick liked the direction they were going.[DJW 19]
- The Omnitrix's touch screen interface was Matt Youngberg's idea[DJW 20], and the icons representing each alien were designed by TJ Collins.[DJW 21]
- The alien icons are inspired by the Autobot and Decepticon insignias from Transformers: Animated, another Cartoon Network animated series that Wyatt had worked on.[DJW 22]
- The Omnitrix is a reference to the Dial H comic book.
- ↑ Azmuth
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 For a Few Brains More
- ↑ It's a Mad, Mad, Mad Ben World: Part 1
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 The Frogs of War: Part 2
- ↑ Arrested Development
- ↑ A New Dawn
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 The Vampire Strikes Back
- ↑ The Frogs of War: Part 1
- ↑ Let's Do the Time War Again
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 Outbreak
- ↑ Max's Monster
- ↑ Malgax Attacks
- ↑ Collect This
- ↑ Bros in Space
- ↑ http://archive.is/qBK7L
- ↑ http://archive.is/105I6
- ↑ http://archive.is/Dqqkr
- ↑ http://archive.is/Es5k8
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 https://archive.fo/gkLlr
- ↑ http://ask.fm/DerrickJWyatt/answer/121379462772
- ↑ http://archive.is/OLdEr
- ↑ http://archive.is/D1Ss9
- ↑ http://archive.is/fSpWt
- ↑ http://archive.is/NIyDK
- ↑ http://archive.is/9lorn
- ↑ https://ask.fm/DerrickJWyatt/answers/121544983156
- ↑ http://ask.fm/DerrickJWyatt/answer/121287464052
- ↑ https://archive.is/W6KN5
- ↑ http://archive.is/rEp8s
- ↑ http://ask.fm/DerrickJWyatt/answer/121381624692
- ↑ http://archive.is/ePKVM
- ↑ Thread:209533#69
- ↑ http://archive.is/dM5U5
- ↑ File:TJ Collins Omnitrix Icons.png
- ↑ http://archive.is/Qe5w7
|Omnitrix Replica||Biomnitrix||Hero Watch||Power Watch|