|This article belongs to the Classic Continuity|
|“||Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee!||”|
Nanomech is about a centimeter tall at full size. He has grey skin with a green circuit-like design on it. Nanomech possesses green wings as well as one large, green cyclopean-eye. His body is a carbon or silicon-based alloy, and he has triangular feet. He wore the original Omnitrix/Ultimatrix symbol on his chest.
In Video Games, Nanomech wore a blue motion capture suit.
In Omniverse, Nanomech's circuit design is gone, being replaced with one pushing more to his Alien Swarm design, and the Omnitrix symbol is where his eye was. He has different wings and four small eyes around the Omnitrix, similar to Stinkfly. His legs have also changed shape, and his body now emits a bright green glow that completely surrounds him.
Powers and Abilities
Nanomech can launch green bioelectrical energy from his hands and eye, ranging in forms from beams to orbs.
Nanomech's adaptability allows him to understand the functions of machinery and tech, and use that information to make them malfunction and break in a matter of seconds.
Due to his small size, Nanomech is vulnerable to suction.
Because he is extremely light, Nanomech can easily be blown back and immobilized by strong winds.
Even though Nanomech cannot be controlled by Nanochip Queens, he can still be partially influenced by them.
- Nanomech first appeared in Ben 10: Alien Swarm, where he was created by the Omnitrix scanning the Nanochips and entered Victor's brain to fight the Decoy Queen. After a grueling battle, Nanomech destroyed the Queen and thus the entirety of the chips, freeing everybody from their control.
- In Video Games, Nanomech was used for the video game scan but was regarded as too small, so he switched into Jetray. Later, Nanomech disabled and defeated the Stalker.
- In Ultimate Aggregor, Nanomech destroyed the headbands that were controlling Ra'ad and P'andor. As the team confronted Aggregor, Nanomech switched into Humungousaur.
- In Absolute Power: Part 1, Nanomech was squashed in Gwen's spellbook by one of her spells, forcing him to switch into Way Big.
- In Inspector #13, Kevin as Nanomech snuck into the Techadon Factory and was defeated by Inspector 13.
- In Have I Got a Deal for You, Nanomech briefly appeared in an accidental transformation chain before it finally ended when he switched into Bloxx.
- In The Frogs of War: Part 1, Nanomech defeated some Incurseans by blowing up their guns, knocking them out.
- In The Ultimate Heist, Nanomech escaped his Plumber HQ cell and avoided Blukic and Driba as much as possible.
- In It's a Mad, Mad, Mad Ben World: Part 2, Nanomech defeated Mad Way Big.
- In A New Dawn, Nanomech appeared for a short time when Ben was cycling through his aliens.
- Ben 10: Alien Swarm (first appearance)
- Season 1
- Season 2
- Season 3
- Season 1
- Have I Got a Deal for You (first reappearance; accidental transformation; cameo)
- Season 3
- Season 4
- Season 7
- Season 8
- A New Dawn (cameo)
Nanomech is short for "nano-mechanical".
Naming and Translations
|Bulgarian||Наномех||From the original English name|
|Chinese||极微人||From 极微 (Jí Wēi), minimum, and 人 (Rén), man|
|Dutch||Nanomech||From the original English name|
|French||Nanomech||From the original English name|
|German||Nanomech||From the original English name|
|Greek||Νανομηχανισμός||From νανομηχανισμός, nanomechanism|
|Hungarian||Picuri||From pici, small|
|Italian||Nanomech||From the original English name|
|Polish||NanoBen||A combination of nano and Ben|
|Portuguese (Br)||Nanomech||From the original English name, pronounced Nanomé|
|Romanian||Nanomecanicul||from nanomecanic, nanomech|
|Russian||Наномеханизм||From наномеханизм, nanomechanism|
|Spanish (HA)||Nanomech||From the original name|
|Spanish (Spain)||Nanomec||From the original English name without the letter h|
|Swedish||Nanomek||From the original name including the letter k|
|Turkish||Nanomek||From nanomek, Turkish translation of original name|
- Nanomech's Ultimate Alien appearance was designed by Glenn Wong, with color styling by Chris Hooten.[GW 1]
- Nanomech is Ben's smallest alien, smaller than even Grey Matter.
- Benchip was Nanomech's working name.[DM 1]
- Due to him not really being a typical alien from any sort of planet, Nanomech is identified as an unknown bio-mechanical organism/creature by both Inspector 13's technology and the Plumbers' scanners.
- Nanomech's voice has changed in his appearances, mainly due to the perspective he is seen from:
- In Alien Swarm, his voice was very deep due to being seen from anything of his size's perspective.
- In Ultimate Alien, his voice became squeaky and high-pitched due to being mostly seen from a human-sized perspective.
- In Omniverse, his voice is similar to his Ultimate Alien voice but with a more robotic tone.
- Kevin finds it hard to take Ben as Nanomech seriously due to his squeaky voice. Because of his minuscule size, Kevin also thinks Nanomech is really lame.
- Throughout Ultimate Alien, Nanomech was always transformed into via the quick change feature. He was not directly transformed into by Ben in his human form.
- If Duncan's opinion regarding Nanomech's nature were to be proven true, that would mean Nanomech is the only known Omnitrix alien that is part-human, as well as the only hybrid/fusion transformation that can be accessed without the Omnitrix either being broken or upgraded into a Biomnitrix.
- During the Birthday Bash in FusionFall, players could get a Nanomech helmet modeled after his live-action movie design. However, after Ultimate Alien premiered, it was changed to match the animated version. This item was re-released as a code item.
- Nanomech is one of five aliens to debut in a movie or special; the others being Eye Guy, Way Big, Eon, and Shocksquatch.
- Nanomech is one of five aliens featured in Omniverse who generate green electricity; the others being Upgrade, Buzzshock, Frankenstrike, and Brainstorm.
- Nanomech's exact nature is complicated, as it is implied in Alien Swarm and eventually confirmed by Duncan Rouleau that Nanomech is a Nanochip/Human-hybrid.[DR 1]
- However, Derrick J. Wyatt considered Nanomech to be more of an evolved form of Nanochip rather than a hybrid.[DJW 1][DJW 2]
- The card included with Bandai's Nanomech action figure refers to him as both a Nanomechion from "hive" planets and a unique creation of the Omnitrix, fusing the bio-mechanical DNA of the Nanochips with Ben.[merch 1]
- link unavailable