|This article belongs to the Classic Continuity|
Nanomech is about a centimeter tall at full size. He has grey skin with a green circuit-like design on it. Nanomech possesses green wings as well as one large, green cyclopean-eye. His body is a carbon or silicon-based alloy, and he has triangular feet. He wore the original Omnitrix/Ultimatrix symbol on his chest.
In Video Games, Nanomech wore a blue motion capture suit.
In Omniverse, Nanomech's circuit design is gone, being replaced with one pushing more to his Alien Swarm design, and the Omnitrix symbol is where his eye was. He has different wings and four small eyes around the Omnitrix, similar to Stinkfly. His legs have also changed shape, and his body now emits a bright green glow that completely surrounds him.
Powers and Abilities
Nanomech can reduce his size at will, even to microscopic scales. He can return to his original size, but cannot grow any larger.
Nanomech can launch green bioelectrical energy from his hands and eye, ranging in forms from beams to orbs.
Nanomech's adaptability allows him to understand the functions of machinery and tech, and use that information to make them malfunction and break in a matter of seconds.
Because he is extremely light, Nanomech can easily be blown back and immobilized by strong winds.
Even though Nanomech cannot be controlled by Nanochip Queens, he can still be partially influenced by them.
- Nanomech first appeared in Ben 10: Alien Swarm, where he was obtained by scanning the Nanochips and entered Victor's brain to fight the Decoy Queen. After a grueling battle, Nanomech destroyed the Queen and thus the entirety of the chips, freeing everybody from their control.
- In Video Games, Nanomech was used for the video game scan but was regarded as too small, so he switched into Jetray. Later, Nanomech disabled and defeated the Stalker.
- In Ultimate Aggregor, Nanomech destroyed the headbands that were controlling Ra'ad and P'andor. As the team confronted Aggregor, Nanomech turned into Humungousaur.
- In Absolute Power: Part 1, Nanomech was squashed in Gwen's spellbook by one of her spells, forcing him to switch into Way Big.
- In Inspector 13, Kevin as Nanomech snuck into the Techadon Factory and was defeated by Inspector 13.
- In Have I Got a Deal for You, Nanomech briefly appeared in an accidental transformation chain before it finally ended when he turned into Bloxx.
- In The Frogs of War: Part 1, Nanomech battled some Incurseans by blowing up their guns, knocking them out.
- In The Ultimate Heist, Nanomech escaped his cell and avoided Blukic and Driba as much as possible.
- In It's a Mad, Mad, Mad Ben World: Part 2, Nanomech defeated Mad Way Big.
- In A New Dawn, Nanomech appeared for a short time when Ben was cycling through his aliens.
- Ben 10: Alien Swarm (first appearance)
- Season 1
- Season 2
- Season 3
- Season 1
- Have I Got a Deal for You (first reappearance; accidental transformation; cameo)
- Season 3
- Season 4
- Season 7
- Season 8
- A New Dawn (cameo)
Naming and Translations
|Bulgarian||Наномех||From the original English name|
|Chinese||极微人||From 极微 (Jí Wēi), minimum, and 人 (Rén), man|
|Dutch||Nanomech||From the original English name|
|French||Nanomech||From the original English name|
|German||Nanomech||From the original English name|
|Greek||Νανομηχανισμός||From νανομηχανισμός, nanomechanism|
|Hungarian||Picuri||From pici, small|
|Polish||NanoBen||A combination of nano and Ben|
|Portuguese (Br)||Nanomech||From the original English name, pronounced Nanomé|
|Romanian||nanomecanicul||from nanomecanic, nanomech|
|Russian||Наномеханизм||From наномеханизм, nanomechanism|
|Spanish (HA)||Nanomech||From the original name|
|Spanish (Spain)||Nanomec||From the original English name without the letter h|
|Swedish||Nanomek||From the original name including the letter k|
|Turkish||Nanomek||From nanomek, Turkish translation of original name|
- Nanomech's Ultimate Alien appearance was designed by Glenn Wong, with coloring style by Chris Hooten.[GW 1]
- Nanomech is Ben's smallest alien, smaller than even Grey Matter.
- Benchip was Nanomech's working name.[DM 1]
- Due to him not really being a typical alien from any sort of planet, Nanomech is identified as an unknown bio-mechanical organism/creature by both Inspector 13's technology and the Plumbers' scanners.
- Nanomech's voice has changed in his appearances, mainly due to the perspective he is seen from:
- In Alien Swarm, his voice was very deep due to being seen from anything of his size's perspective.
- In Ultimate Alien, his voice became squeaky and high-pitched due to being mostly seen from a human-sized perspective.
- In Omniverse, his voice is similar to his Ultimate Alien voice but with a more robotic tone.
- Kevin finds it hard to take Ben as Nanomech seriously due to his squeaky voice. Because of his minuscule size, Kevin also thinks Nanomech is really lame.
- Nanomech is the only one of Ben's aliens that is part-human. However, Derrick J. Wyatt considers Nanomech to be more of an evolved form of Nanochip rather than a hybrid.[DJW 2][DJW 3]
- During the Birthday Bash in Cartoon Network Universe: FusionFall, players could get a Nanomech helmet that looked like his live-action movie version. However, after Ultimate Alien premiered, it changed to match the animated version. This item has been re-released as a code item.
- Nanomech is one of four aliens to debut in a movie or special; the others being Way Big, Eon, and Shocksquatch.
- Nanomech is one of five aliens featured in Omniverse who generate green electricity; the others being Upgrade, Buzzshock, Frankenstrike, and Brainstorm.
- ↑ link unavailable