|This article belongs to the Classic Continuity|
Ben as NRG
NRG is a humanoid-like alien made of pure, red, radioactive energy wearing a heavy, dark green-teal oven-like containment suit capable of containing high levels of radiation and heat.
In Omniverse, NRG's containment suit now has a handle on the head and the shoulders have bolts. There are three more bolts on each hand, and two on the chest.
Inside his suit, NRG wears a lower level containment suit consisting of two straps, a belt, two wristbands on both arms, and two knee braces on both legs.[DJW 1]
Albedo as Negative NRG
Negative NRG looks just like Ben's NRG in Ultimate Alien but with no Ultimatrix symbol on either the chest seal of his containment suit or the chest of his true form.
Mad Ben as Mad NRG
Mad Ben's NRG wears a containment suit similar to Ben Prime's, but has orange spikes on the lower arms, shoulders, legs and hands. It has a grey plate on his grill and a spiked handle. The light coming out of the grill is orange, much like his Omnitrix symbol.
Powers and Abilities
NRG is capable of firing highly radioactive energy beams through the vents in his containment suit which can corrode or melt metallic objects. The energy NRG radiates is hot enough to melt solid metal and rock through mere contact.
NRG can channel his heat underground, which results in the eruption of massive geysers of lava.
NRG is capable of producing his radioactive energy with his hands while inside his suit.
Outside his containment suit, all of NRG's powers are enhanced massively. He becomes very agile, gains the ability to fly, and gains limited phasing abilities.
Without his containment suit, NRG can manipulate energy at a higher level and is able to consume it simply as nourishment or to increase his power. He can also fire energy balls and blasts out of his hands and mouth.
NRG is able to easily open the suit and get out whenever he wants to.[MW 1]
Because NRG is always in his containment suit, his abilities, such as his speed and agility, are weaker than if he was outside the suit. Due to the dangerous radiation his body gives off, NRG must stay in the suit for the safety of others and keep his radiation level to a minimum.
The eye holes in NRG's suit are quite small, making his vision somewhat limited.
NRG is vulnerable to carbon dampening rods, which slow down nuclear reactions and inhibit his radiation generating abilities.
- In Too Hot to Handle, NRG's DNA was sampled and put in the Codon Stream by sampling P'andor's DNA.
- NRG first appeared in The Forge of Creation, where he battled 10-year-old Heatblast until the latter reverted.
- In Absolute Power: Part 1, NRG was defeated by Ultimate Kevin. Later, NRG briefly battled Gwen before turning into Nanomech.
- In The Transmogrification of Eunice, NRG was defeated by Sunder.
- In The Creature from Beyond, NRG battled the Lucubra and created the pit Gwen needed to contain it.
- In The Purge, NRG battled Trumbipulor, but failed to capture him due to Argit's intervention. Later, NRG challenged Driscoll to a duel.
- In Double or Nothing, NRG defeated Swamps and Fridge.
- In The Widening Gyre, NRG fought the Garbage Monster.
- In Night of the Living Nightmare, NRG destroyed the Cassiopeian Dream Eater in a dream.
- In The More Things Change: Part 2, Ben accidentally turned into NRG and failed to catch Bubble Helmet, Liam and Fistina.
- In So Long, and Thanks for All the Smoothies, NRG defeated the Incurseans.
- In Hot Stretch, NRG's true form was used for the first time to stop the Kraaho from destroying the Earth with lava. His true form returned to the opened containment suit before the Omnitrix timed out.
- In Showdown: Part 2, NRG helped defend Galvan Prime from a meteor shower from the destroyed Galvan B.
- In Ben Again, NRG was used by 11-year-old Ben (in 16-year-old Ben's body) to find coordinates in a reactor.
- In The Frogs of War: Part 1, Ben accidentally turned into NRG due to the Randomizer function being on.
- In Rad Monster Party, NRG used his true form to make a very bright glow, which harmed Zs'Skayr due to the light.
- In A New Dawn, NRG appeared for a short time when Ben was cycling through his aliens.
- Mad Ben
- In It's a Mad, Mad, Mad Ben World: Part 2, Mad NRG stopped the rebelling slaves.
- Season 2
- Season 3
- The Transmogrification of Eunice
- The Creature from Beyond
- The Purge (x2)
- Double or Nothing (x2)
- The Widening Gyre
- Night of the Living Nightmare (dream)
- Season 3
- Night of the Living Nightmare (dream)
- Season 1
- The More Things Change: Part 2 (first reappearance; intended alien was XLR8)
- So Long, and Thanks for All the Smoothies
- Hot Stretch
- Season 2
- Season 3
- Season 5
- Season 8
- A New Dawn (cameo)
- Mad Ben
- Season 7
NRG is one of the Andromeda Galaxy aliens playable in the game. He can shoot laser beams, which melt metal. He can also create a big blast of radioactive energy around him, which was powerful enough to leave a funnel cloud. If he is on a high enough platform, he can perform a body slam attack that damages enemies if they are in range.
NRG's suit is shown to be rusted in certain places, while in the show, it isn't.
NRG is vital for progression on the Eiffel Tower and Tokyo Nights levels of the game.
NRG is a playable Exosuit of the Atlas Brigade on Project Exonaut. His Weapon Mod increases the Marksman's range and clip size. NRG is available for purchase at level 10 for 750 credits.
Naming and Translations
|Arabic||ان ار جي||From طاقة Taka, Energy|
|Bulgarian||Енерджи||From Енерджи, energy|
|Chinese||核钢君||From 核 (Hé), nuclear, 钢 (Gāng), steel, and 君 (Jūn), man|
|Croatian||Energetski||From energetski, energetic|
|French||Energy||From the English energy|
|German||Krafter||From Kraft, power|
|Hungarian||Erőgép||From erőgép, engine|
|Italian||Fondiraggio||From fondere, to fuse and raggio, ray|
|Polish||Energ||From energia, energy, male variant|
|Portuguese (Br)||NRG||From NRG, pronounced "êne-érre-gê"|
|Romanian||Energie||From energie, energy|
|Russian||Энергия||From Энергия, energy|
|Spanish (HA)|| NRG|
| From the original English name; spelled N-R-G (in Spanish and in American English) or /'ɛn 'er 'gi/.|
From energía, energy.
|Spanish (Spain)||Combuster||From his powers of combustion|
|Turkish||Enerji||From enerji, energy|
When pronounced, his name sounds similar to energy.
- NRG retains P'andor's armor, even though other Prypiatosian-Bs don't have it and it is not part of their genetic sequence. It was added by the Ultimatrix as part of a life support system, like Goop's anti-gravity disc, to keep him from causing radiation poisoning to those who are vulnerable to his radiation.
- NRG, Echo Echo, and Feedback are the only aliens whose appearances are actually containment suits. However, NRG wears two containment suits and can exit the outer one.
- The secondary containment suit NRG wears in Omniverse helps him keep his form and maintain safer radiation levels for a short time out of the suit.[DJW 1]
- In all of the episodes NRG's true form is seen, the Omnitrix symbol is on his armor as well as his secondary containment suit. However, NRG's Omnitrix is supposed to unplug from the armor.[DJW 2]
- NRG is the only alien that has two Omnitrix symbols.
- NRG's spit is made out of radiation.
- NRG is the only Andromeda alien not to be based on an animal. Terraspin being a cross between a tortoise and a turtle, Water Hazard being a mollusk, AmpFibian being a jellyfish and Armodrillo being an armadillo.
- NRG and the other Andromeda aliens have powers linked to a certain classical element; for NRG, it's fire.
- NRG has the shortest name out of all of Ben's aliens.
- NRG and XLR8 are the only aliens whose names are just letters that sound like a word that relates to them and their powers.
- NRG is June's Alien of the Month.
- NRG appeared in the Cartoon Network show MAD in the episode Ben 10 Franklin. He had Ben Franklin's hair and glasses and had 6 holes on his helmet.