|This article belongs to the Classic Continuity|
Ben as NRG
NRG is a humanoid alien, a physical being constantly emitting pure, red, radioactive energy[DM 1] wearing a heavy, dark green-teal oven-like containment suit with three slits capable of containing high levels of radiation and heat.
In Omniverse, NRG's containment suit now has a handle on the head and the shoulders have bolts. There are three more bolts on each hand, and two on the chest.
Inside his suit, NRG wears a green and black lower level containment suit consisting of two straps, a belt, two wristbands on both arms, and two knee braces on both legs.[DJW 1]
Albedo as Negative NRG
Negative NRG looks just like Ben's NRG in Ultimate Alien, but with no Ultimatrix symbol on either the chest seal of his containment suit or the chest of his true form, making him look more identical to P'andor.
Mad Ben as Mad NRG
Mad Ben's NRG wears a containment suit similar to Ben Prime's in Omniverse, but has orange spikes on the lower arms, shoulders, legs and hands. It has a grey plate on his grill and a spiked handle. The light coming out of the grill is orange, much like his Omnitrix symbol.
Powers and Abilities
NRG is capable of firing highly radioactive energy beams through the vents in his containment suit which can corrode or melt metallic objects. The energy NRG radiates is hot enough to melt solid metal and rock through mere contact. This energy can also be found in his saliva.
NRG can channel his heat underground, which results in the eruption of massive geysers of lava.
NRG is capable of producing his radioactive energy with his hands while inside his suit.
NRG's radioactive energy can melt ice, such as the ice breath of a Necrofriggian. He is also immune to extremely cold environments thanks to the heat he generates, as demonstrated by Ultimate Aggregor.
NRG is immune to being poisoned by lead.[DJW 3]
NRG is able to easily open his containment suit and get out whenever he wants to.[MW 1] Outside the suit, all of NRG's powers are enhanced massively. He becomes very agile and gains both flight and limited phasing abilities.
Without his containment suit, NRG can manipulate energy at a higher level and is able to consume it simply as nourishment or to increase his power. He can also fire energy balls and blasts out of his hands and mouth.
NRG can breathe underwater and grow in size if he absorbs and consumes enough energy; these feats were also demonstrated by P'andor.
Due to the dangerous radiation his body gives off, NRG must stay in his suit for the safety of others and keep his radiation level to a minimum. There are, however, downsides to this, as most of his abilities become weaker than outside of the suit.
NRG's containment suit also completely removes several abilities, such as his agility and phasing. As such, he is unable to fly while in his containment suit. On the other hand, the suit increases his physical strength.
NRG can be frozen and immobilized by ice, such as that generated by a Necrofriggian.
The eye holes in NRG's suit are quite small, making his vision somewhat limited. He can be blinded even further by adhesives, such as those used by Sunder.
NRG is vulnerable to carbon dampening rods because they can slow down nuclear reactions, thereby inhibiting the radiation he generates, as demonstrated with P'andor.
- In Too Hot to Handle, NRG's DNA was sampled and put in the Codon Stream when the Ultimatrix scanned P'andor's DNA.
- NRG first appeared in The Forge of Creation, where he briefly fought 10-year-old Heatblast until the latter reverted.
- In Absolute Power: Part 1, NRG was defeated by Ultimate Kevin. Later, NRG briefly battled Gwen before switching into Nanomech.
- In The Transmogrification of Eunice, NRG was defeated by Sunder.
- In The Creature from Beyond, NRG fought the Lucubra and created the pit Gwen needed to contain and send it back to where it belonged.
- In The Purge, NRG battled Trumbipulor, but failed to stop him from escaping due to Argit's intervention. Later, NRG challenged Driscoll to a duel.
- In Double or Nothing, NRG freed himself from Fridge's ice. Later, NRG fought Swamps and Hugh before switching into Spidermonkey.
- In The Widening Gyre, NRG battled the Garbage Monster.
- In Night of the Living Nightmare, NRG appeared twice in a dream. Firstly, Ben as NRG destroyed the Cassiopeian Dream Eater. Later, Negative NRG failed to defeat Ben before switching into Negative Brainstorm.
- In The More Things Change: Part 2, NRG failed to catch Bubble Helmet, Liam, and Fistina.
- In So Long, and Thanks for All the Smoothies, NRG defeated the Incurseans.
- In Hot Stretch, NRG stopped the Kraaho from destroying the Earth with lava, during which his containment suit was opened and his true form was shown for the first time. He returned to the opened suit before the Omnitrix timed out.
- In Showdown: Part 2, NRG helped defend Galvan Prime from a meteor shower from the destroyed Galvan B.
- In Ben Again, NRG was used by 11-year-old Ben in 16-year-old Ben's body to find coordinates in a reactor.
- In The Frogs of War: Part 1, NRG accidentally set a building on fire and tried to calm the crowd of humans before the Omnitrix's randomizer function switched him into Water Hazard.
- In Rad Monster Party, NRG used his true form to make a very bright glow, which harmed Zs'Skayr due to the light.
- In It's a Mad, Mad, Mad Ben World: Part 2, Mad NRG stopped the rebelling slaves.
- In A New Dawn, NRG appeared for a short time when Ben was cycling through his aliens.
- Season 2
- Season 3
- The Transmogrification of Eunice
- The Creature from Beyond
- The Purge (x2)
- Double or Nothing (x2)
- The Widening Gyre
- Night of the Living Nightmare (dream)
- Season 3
- Night of the Living Nightmare (dream)
- Season 1
- The More Things Change: Part 2 (first reappearance; intended alien was XLR8)
- So Long, and Thanks for All the Smoothies
- Hot Stretch
- Season 2
- Season 3
- Season 5
- Season 8
- A New Dawn (cameo)
- Mad Ben
- Season 7
NRG is one of the Andromeda Galaxy aliens playable in the game.
NRG can shoot radioactive beams, which can melt metal. He can also create a big blast of radioactive energy around him, which is powerful enough to leave a funnel cloud. If he is on a high enough platform, he can perform a body slam attack that damages enemies if they are in range.
In the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 versions of the game, NRG's suit is shown to be rusted in certain places, unlike in the Wii version and the actual show in general.
NRG is vital for progression on the Eiffel Tower and Tokyo Nights levels of the game.
NRG is a playable Exosuit of the Atlas Brigade on Project Exonaut. His Weapon Mod increases the Marksman's range and clip size. NRG is available for purchase at level 10 for 750 credits.
Naming and Translations
|Arabic||ان ار جي||From طاقة Taka, Energy|
|Bulgarian||Енерджи||From Енерджи, energy|
|Chinese||核钢君||From 核 (Hé), nuclear, 钢 (Gāng), steel, and 君 (Jūn), man|
|Croatian||Energetski||From energetski, energetic|
|French||Energy||From the English energy|
|German||Krafter||From Kraft, power|
|Hungarian||Erőgép||From erőgép, engine|
|Italian||Fondiraggio||From fondere, to fuse and raggio, ray|
|Polish||Energ||From energia, energy, male variant|
|Portuguese (Br)||NRG||From NRG, pronounced "êne-érre-gê"|
|Romanian||Energie||From energie, energy|
|Russian||Энергия||From Энергия, energy|
|Spanish (HA)|| NRG|
| From the original English name; spelled N-R-G (in Spanish and in American English) or /'ɛn 'er 'gi/.|
From energía, energy.
|Spanish (Spain)||Combuster||From his powers of combustion|
|Turkish||Enerji||From enerji, energy|
When pronounced, NRG's name sounds similar to the word "energy".
- NRG retains P'andor's armor, even though other Prypiatosian-Bs do not have it and it is not part of their genetic sequence. This is because it was added by the Ultimatrix as part of a life support system to keep him from causing radiation poisoning to those who are vulnerable to his radiation.[DM 2]
- NRG and Echo Echo are the only aliens whose appearances are actually containment suits. However, NRG wears two containment suits and can exit the outer one.
- The secondary containment suit NRG wears in Omniverse helps him keep his form and maintain safer radiation levels for a short time out of the suit.[DJW 1]
- In all of the Omniverse episodes NRG's true form is seen, the Omnitrix symbol is on both his of his containment suits, making him the only alien that has two Omnitrix symbols.
- However, this is an error because NRG's Omnitrix symbol is supposed to unplug from the armor whenever he gets out of it.[DJW 5]
- NRG is the only Andromeda alien to not be based on an animal, as Terraspin is a cross between a tortoise and a turtle, Water Hazard is a mollusk, AmpFibian is a jellyfish, and Armodrillo is an armadillo.
- NRG and the other Andromeda aliens have powers linked to a certain classical element; for NRG, it's fire.
- NRG has the shortest name out of all of Ben's aliens.
- NRG and XLR8 are the only aliens whose names are just letters that sound like a word that relates to them and their powers.
- NRG was designed by Steven Choi and Chap Yaep.[DJW 6]
- NRG speaks with a Russian accent. This is because Russia is known for creating many of the first nuclear weapons, and currently owns about 7,850 nuclear warheads.
- In the first three arcs of Omniverse, NRG was originally shown in the opening intro wearing his containment suit. As of Arc 4, however, NRG is seen in his true form.
- NRG was the Alien of the Month in June 2011.
- Ben 23 has an alternate counterpart of NRG.[DJW 7]
- ↑ The Purge
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 The More Things Change: Part 2
- ↑ Absolute Power: Part 1
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 Double or Nothing
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 5.5 5.6 Too Hot to Handle
- ↑ The Creature from Beyond
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 The Transmogrification of Eunice
- ↑ The Widening Gyre
- ↑ Ben Again
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 Map of Infinity
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 Hot Stretch
- ↑ Rad Monster Party
- ↑ The Frogs of War: Part 1
- ↑ Night of the Living Nightmare
- ↑ 15.0 15.1 The Rooters of All Evil
- ↑ Weapon XI: Part 1