|This article belongs to the Classic Continuity|
Merlinisapiens are a chameleon-like alien species.
Merlinisapiens resemble mottled purple salamanders, but are larger and sometimes walk on two legs. They have three triangular eyes. They have slender limbs with three toes on their back feet and four fingers, as well as wide mouths. A retractable stinger is concealed within their tails.
Male Merlinisapiens have one red, one green, and one blue eye while females have one yellow, one magenta, and one cyan.[note 1] Negative Chamalien is an exception, his eyes are all red.
Female Merlinisapiens are more humanoid than males.
Powers and Abilities
A Merlinisapien's main ability is their camouflage, as they are capable of blending in with the color of their surroundings with such effectiveness that they appear invisible.
Merlinisapiens are very agile, quick, flexible, and can climb walls and crawl on the ground with ease. They also have teeth and claws which are sharp enough to damage Exo-Skull's armor, as demonstrated by Subdora.
A Merlinisapien's body is highly slippery and smooth, making them very difficult to grab.
Merlinisapiens have enhanced strength, enough to push a car and a huge truck several yards away and defeat a Vulpimancer in battle. They are also durable enough to withstand being thrown against a car; both of these feats were also only demonstrated by Prisoner 775.
Although Merlinisapiens appear to turn invisible when they camouflage themselves, they actually just change their color. Consequently, their shadow can still be seen and any place filled with too many bright lights can be a disadvantage, as demonstrated with Prisoner 775.
- Chamalien (the Omnitrix's DNA sample of a Merlinisapien)
- Prisoner 775
- Tini Rau (non-canon)
- Prisoner 775's Family (deceased)
- Male Merlinisapiens' red, green, and blue eyes represent the RGB color model and females' cyan, magenta, and yellow eyes represent the CMYK color model.
- Despite their invisibility powers, Merlinisapiens cannot see other beings capable of turning invisible, such as Ectonurites.[DJW 3]
- A Merlinisapien's differently-colored eyes allow them to see in different spectrums. Therefore, they are able to see other Merlinisapiens even when invisible.[DJW 4]
- This statement is based on a comparison between the various Merlinisapiens seen on-screen.