The Main Timeline is the core timeline around which a given Ben 10 continuity focuses on. There will often be branching timelines or dimensions that exist parallel to the Main Timelines in which events transpire differently, each usually having their own native Omnitrix-wielding hero.
Please note: The Reboot Timeline is NOT considered an alternate timeline to the Classic Timeline. For all intents and purposes, they exist in two completely separate multiverses until proven otherwise. They do, however, canonically co-exist within the greater Cartoon Network Multiverse through a shared connection to Rex Salazar from Generator Rex.
- Classic Timeline - The timeline around which the 2006 Ben 10 series, all of its sequels, and all of its movies revolve. Most contemporary media also took place in the original timeline, regardless of canon. Known to as the Prime Timeline in-universe.
- Reboot Timeline - The timeline within which the 2016 Ben 10 series takes place.
Alternate Timelines and Dimensions
- Race Against Time Timeline - The timeline in which Ben 10: Race Against Time takes place.
- Protector of Earth Timeline - The timeline in which Ben 10: Protector of Earth takes place.
- Vilgax Attacks Timeline - The timeline in which Ben 10 Alien Force: Vilgax Attacks takes place.
- Cosmic Destruction Timeline - The timeline in which Cosmic Destruction takes place.
- Paradox's Failure Timeline - A timeline in which Professor Paradox failed to stop the Trans-Dimensional Monster in Paradox.
- Time Heals Timeline - A timeline created by Gwen Tennyson when she tried to alter the past. The Earth is ruled by Hex in this timeline.
- No Watch Timeline - A timeline where Ben was never supposed to come into contact with the Omnitrix. It was the main setting of And Then There Was Ben and And Then There Were None, and was the sole surviving timeline after Vilgax's Chronosapien Time Bomb was detonated.
- Gwen 10 Timeline - A timeline in which Gwen Tennyson found the Omnitrix instead of Ben. Unrelated to the What-If? episode.
- Bad Ben's Timeline - A timeline in which "everyone is desperate".[DJW 1]
- Nega Ben's Timeline - A timeline apparently full of hipsters.[DJW 2]
- Eon's Timeline - The Timeline or dimension that Eon originated from.
- Unnamed Timelines - Many alternate versions of Ben Tennyson were enslaved by Eon.
- Argitrix[DJW 3] Timeline - A timeline where Argit gets his own Omnitrix.
- Unnamed Timeline - A timeline where Albedo used Alien X and was stuck in that form for a year.
- Dimension 12 - A dimension ruled by Computron and his minions. Billy Billions was trapped here for many years, but he did not age because in this dimension time does not pass in the same manner.
- Dimension 23 - A dimension with a blue colour scheme and a bizarre connection to the number 23. Home dimension of Ben 23 and the setting for Store 23.
- Mad Ben's Dimension - A post-apocalyptic dimension paying homage to Mad Max. It is the home dimension of Mad Ben and the main setting of It's a Mad, Mad, Mad Ben World: Part 1 and Part 2.
- Benzarro's Dimension - A world suffering from a zombie outbreak. Ben Tennyson- dubbed Patient 10- was one such victim of the outbreak.[DJW 4]
- Irene 13[DJW 5] - A timeline where a woman named Irene gets the Omnitrix.
- Clyde GO![DJW 5] - A timeline focusing on Clyde Fife and his Mark 5 Nanoshift Enabled Exo-Armor.
- Brenda 10[DJW 5] - A timeline where a woman named Brenda gets the Omnitrix.
- Max 10[DJW 5] - A timeline where Max Tennyson gets the Omnitrix.
- Ben 100[DJW 5] - A timeline focusing on Ben at an important fork in his timeline.
Given that the future changed every time it was shown, the future as presented in canon is here considered to be an 'alternate' timeline to what would actually transpire. For sake of argument, each series' future is here presented as a unique timeline.
- Original Series Future - A timeline where Ben 10,000, after an unspecified event, loses all sense of joy in his job. He stops naming aliens and starts only using a few aliens he is well trained with, such as XLR8 and Diamondhead. His sense of fun is later restored, and over a decade later he gifts his son Ken Tennyson his own Omnitrix. This is the main setting of Ben 10,000 and Ken 10.
- Ultimate Alien Future - A timeline where Ben 10,000 kept the Ultimatrix and the end of Ben 10: Ultimate Alien. This version of Ben almost exclusively used a single transformation: Ultimate Ben.
- Omniverse Future - A timeline where Ben 10,000 marries Kai Green. Ken Tennyson is recruited by Professor Paradox to fight in the Time War as Spanner. This version of Ben 10,000 fought in the Time War against Maltruant and the rouge Chronosapiens. This timeline is the main setting of The End of an Era.
What-If? timelines are non-canon alternate timelines explored within episodes of the Original Series.
- Gwen 10 - A timeline where Gwen got the Omnitrix instead of Ben. The Omnitrix was later removed from her wrist and given to Grandpa Max.
- Goodbye and Good Riddance - A non-canon version of the end of the summer road trip.
The only alternate timelines currently shown in the reboot are aborted timelines explored in Ben Again and Again. They include:
- A Timeline where Gwen Tennyson gets the Omnitrix.
- A Timeline where Billy Billions gets the Omnitrix.
- A Timeline where a squirrel gets the Omnitrix.
- Rex's Universe - The setting of Generator Rex and Ben 10-Generator Rex: Heroes United.
- CN City - The setting of Crossover Nexus.