|This article belongs to the Reboot Continuity|
Lord Decibel is a villain who first appeared in Don't Let the Bass Drop.
Lord Decibel has a suit that acts as a form of communication when he uses his keyboard; it displays letters, numbers, and symbols on his mask thanks to a projector of some kind. The text displayed on his mask is colored in different shades of pink. He wears a brown outfit. He also wears metal gloves.
Lord Decibel himself is sadistic; he is seen enjoying the screams of the people who only came to see a concert. He's motivated by money and has notably asked for large amounts of money in a ridiculously short time for anyone to take it to him, showing him to be extremely impatient.
In Don't Let the Bass Drop, he attacked a DJ Duster concert and threatened to use his destructive music to separate the landmass from the rest of the continent if he wasn't paid 1 billion dollars in 10 minutes. However, Ben and Gwen Tennyson were at the concert, demonstrating he's serious by causing fissures in the ground. Lord Decibel, expecting trouble, used his keyboard to deploy a sound barrier, but this was proven to be futile thanks to the knowledge of Gwen. Decibel was eventually defeated thanks to the combined efforts of Ben and his cousin.
In The Sound and the Furry, Lord Decibel pretends to hold a concert at a ski resort, gathering a large crowd. He then threatens to use his sound waves to cause an avalanche to bury the crowd, unless a $1 billion ransom is paid. When Ben as Stinkfly tries to interfere, Decibel blasts him away and triggers the avalanche. Ben tries several times to halt the avalanche, but is prevented by Decibel. Eventually Ben uses Diamondhead to divert the avalanche to avoid the populace and bury Decibel instead. When Decibel climbs out of the snow, the clumsy skier crashes into him, knocking him out.
In The Claws of the Cat, Lord Decibel appears at a beach party where he is now accompanied by two minions Treble and Bass, who introduce him as the night's entertainment. Having already been denied his ransom, Decibel intends to end the show by generating a tsunami to drown the beachgoers. Grandpa Max turns into DJ G-Pa and engages Decibel in a duel of magic music, generating giant creatures made of sound to do battle. While evenly matched, Humungousaur manages to add in the extra power to blast Decibel away.
Lord Decibel has a suit that acts as a form of communication to his victims when he uses his keyboard. However, alongside his keyboard, he has created numerous other devices that help him control sound to a powerful degree. Powers gained by these machines include creating sound waves powerful enough to generate deep fissures within the ground, erecting sound-based walls, and other such abilities.
His list of inventions includes:
- A sound system mixed with a hovercraft, letting him unleash sound waves that could cause an avalanche, create a sonic shield, and hover in the air using soundwaves.
- A much more powerful sound system that let him create a pair of snakes made out of sound.
- A portable sonic-based jetpack equipped with a device that let him hypnotically force people to dance using specific songs.
- The Sonitrain, a locomotive that moves "beyond the sound barrier" using sonic technology.
Using the Sonitrain, Decibel was able to use this amplify his sonic powers, letting him charge his gauntlets with sonic energy to increase his punching power and unleash sonic projectiles.
Decibel has even even developed the ability to transform sonic energy into the construct of a giant mech suit that he used as armor.
- Don't Let the Bass Drop (first appearance)
Lord Decibel appears as a mini-boss.
A decibel is a unit of measurement that is used to measure the intensity of sound or the power of an electrical signal.
- The exterior design of Lord Decibel's helmet is similar to Daft Punk member Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo's helmet.
- Decibel's powers are similar to those of Marvel villains Klaw (forming sonic constructs out of sound) and Shocker (firing sonic energy from gauntlets).
- Lord Decibel's sound technology comes from off world.[DR 1]