|This article belongs to the Classic Continuity|
Lodestar has a magnetically floating metal head surrounded by a glowing white aura and levitates in an arch between his shoulders. He has crab-like claws for hands and his body is mainly black with yellow feet, hands, shoulders, and chest. His mouth rarely moves, even when he's talking.
In Omniverse, Lodestar has a yellow eyebrow-like crest on his forehead, his head is more skull-shaped with has lines beneath his mouth. His mouth now moves when he talks. The glowing aura around his head is recolored green, the yellow from his feet go up to his thighs, his shoulders are bigger, and the yellow stripes by his chest are shorter.
Powers and Abilities
Lodestar is able to project magnetic fields that are capable of overloading electrical circuits and attracting magnetic materials to himself. He can also emit magnetic pulses that allow him to magnetize any ferromagnetic metals (iron, nickel, cobalt, and gallium), causing objects he magnetizes to attract everything magnetic to fly and collide with the target. As such, he has telekinetic control over metal, allowing him to levitate and move it around without physical contact.
Lodestar can use his magnetism to damage and destroy anything made of metal at will, as seen when he tore apart the Toltech Battle Armor, opened the Naljian Destructor, and dismantled a Techadon robot.
Lodestar can generate a green magnetic force field that protects him from most ballistic attacks.
If he gets destroyed, he can regenerate by pulling his shattered pieces back together with his magnetism.
Lodestar can levitate and fly.
Despite being disconnected from his body, Lodestar's head is magnetically bonded to it. Wherever his head goes, his body follows. As such, Lodestar's head can be knocked away from his body, leaving it blind, helpless and unable to reconnect with the head.
- In War of the Worlds: Part 2, Lodestar was unlocked on-screen but transformed into off-screen.
- Lodestar first appeared in Simple, where he defeated the red troops and tried to reason with them.
- In Busy Box, Lodestar battled the Naljian Destructor and ripped it open.
- In Primus, Lodestar fought a red Techadon but changed back to Ben before he could destroy it.
- In Vendetta, Lodestar battled Ragnarok.
- In The Final Battle: Part 2, Lodestar was used by the Bioids.
- In Duped, Lodestar defeated Urien.
- In Video Games, Lodestar was defeated by the Stalker.
- In Ultimate Aggregor, Lodestar and the team defeated a group of Aggrebots. He was destroyed when Aggregor's Ship exploded, but survived and regenerated.
- In Absolute Power: Part 1, Lodestar violently attacked some Forever Knights to find out about Ultimate Kevin's location.
- In Girl Trouble, Lodestar battled some of Computron's Minions.
- In The Purge, Lodestar fought a Dragon Robot and destroyed it with Kevin's help.
- In Night of the Living Nightmare, Lodestar briefly fought Aggregor until his head was knocked off in a dream.
- In Ben 10-Generator Rex: Heroes United, Lodestar battled Rex before switching into Rath.
- Season 3
- Simple (first appearance; selected alien was Humungousaur)
- Busy Box (selected alien was Humungousaur)
- Season 3
- Season 1
- Season 2
- Season 3
- Season 3
- Season 1
- The More Things Change: Part 1 (first reappearance; accidental transformation)
- Season 4
- Season 8
- A New Dawn (cameo)
Being the main alien and the replacement for Alien X, Lodestar is a playable alien in the game.
Due to the Omnitrix sorting out after Ben fiddled with it, Lodestar was temporarily locked. Lodestar was reunlocked at the beginning of Level 7.
Lodestar is able to magnetically attract himself to metallic emblems embedded on the walls of the temple and catacombs underneath Bellwood. He can increase his altitude, move across considerable distances and slow his descent to avoid potential hazards.
Throughout the game, Lodestar strangely interacts with 15 mystic talismans. Because of this, he is the only alien form capable of defeating Hex, destroying all but one talisman to weaken the otherwise invincible foe. Lodestar uses the remaining talisman to trap Hex inside it.
Naming and Translations
|Albanian||Magneti Yjor||From “magnet” (magnet) and “yj” (stars)|
|Bulgarian||Полярна Звезда||From полярна, polar and звезда star|
|Chinese||北极星||From 北极星 (Běi Jí Xīng), lodestar|
|Dutch||Poolster||From poolster, lodestar|
|French||Aimantosaure||From aimant, magnet and -saure, -saur|
|German||Polarstern||From polarstern, polarstar|
|Greek||Πολικός Αστέρας||From πολικός αστέρας, lodestar|
|Hungarian||Sarkcsillag||From sark, polar and csillag, star|
|Italian||Fulmiraggio||From fulmiraggio, lightning ray|
|Norwegian||Ledestjerne||From ledestjerne, lodestar|
|Polish||Polarny||From polarny, polarise|
|Portuguese (Br)||Estrela Polar||From estrela polar, polar star|
|Romanian||Lodestar||From the original English name|
|Russian||Звезда||From звезда, star|
|Spanish (HA)||Lodestar||From the original English name; pronounded /'lodstar/ (Ben 10: Alien Force and Night of the Living Nightmare), /'loʊdstar/ (Ben 10: Ultimate Alien), /'lodestar/ (Ultimate Aggregor and The Purge) or /lodes'tar/ (Cough It Up).|
|Spanish (Spain)||Estrella Polar||From estrella polar, pole star|
|Turkish||Çoban Yıldızı||From çoban, lode and yıldızı, star|
Lodestar's name comes from lodestone, a naturally magnetized piece of the mineral called magnetite.
- Lodestar is the first alien used by 16-year-old Ben in Omniverse.
- In Alien Force and Ultimate Alien, Lodestar appears to have a mouth, but with the exception of several errors, it never opens. Much like Eatle in Omniverse, however, his mouth moves when he talks.
- Lodestar's magnetic pulses have changed color throughout his appearances:
- When he is introduced in Simple, the pulses are white. In his subsequent Alien Force appearances, they are green.
- In Ultimate Alien, they are white again.
- In Heroes United and Omniverse, they are green again.
- In the code nano section on the FusionFall website, a picture of Lodestar's head can be seen.
- The reboot continuity game "Brains VS Bugs" has a magnet upgrade that resembles Lodestar's upper body minus the shoulders, arms, and head.