|This article belongs to the Reboot Timeline|
|Click here to see the Classic Timeline version of this article|
|“||Woah! It's wingy... alien... guy. Hmm... Probably needs a better name.||”|
– Jetray's first words.
Jetray is a red, humanoid manta ray-like alien with green eyes, grey outlines on his face, orange horns extending from his nose, gills underneath his arms, yellow patagia which he uses to fly and glide through water, grey wristbands, and two grey stripes with a yellow outline coming down from his shoulders to the Omnitrix symbol on his chest. For unknown reasons, his Omnitrix symbol is grey and white as opposed to black and white like the rest of the aliens.
In Tales from the Omnitrix, Jetray has duller colors and larger limbs during Max's story.
In Ben's first story in Tales from the Omnitrix, Jetray was a cardboard cut out.
As a toddler, Jetray resembles an egg, but in a small size and with tiny horns, patagia, and tail.
In Xingo's world, Jetray had a more cartoon look to him. The grey on his Omnitrix was recolored black.
In De-Fanged, Jetray had a long pale blonde wig and wore a blue and yellow jumpsuit that goes up to his tail and had yellow stars on the sleeves. He had red triangular marks on his patagia, a blue bracer on his left forearm, blue boots that covered his feet minus his toes, and retained the grey and yellow stripes coming down from his shoulders to his chest.
Powers and Abilities
Jetray can fly at supersonic speed, being able to maneuver through the air with little to no flapping with ease.
Jetray can fire green neuroshock blasts from his eyes and tail. In the case of the latter, he can charge his blasts in a way that allows him to leave a green trail when flying.
Jetray has enhanced dexterity, as he could operate laser tag weaponry using his tail.
There is a limit to Jetray's durability, as a missile was able to knock him out of the sky.
Heavy winds can knock Jetray back.
Generating tornadoes can use up a lot of Jetray's energy, which causes him to become tired.
Jetray can be knocked back by sonic waves generated by a Vaxasaurian.
- In Summer Breakers, Jetray was added to the active playlist after the Omnitrix reformatted itself upon acquiring the Omni-Kix feature.
- Jetray first appeared in Gentle Ben, where he chased after Tim Buktu and a newly hatched baby moth.
- In Falls, Falls, Falls, Jetray saved Steam Smythe before letting the police take care of him.
- In Mud on the Run, Jetray foiled the Weatherheads' plan.
- In Chicken In Chichen Itza, Part 1: Pyramid Scheme, Jetray chased the Quetzalcoatl and destroyed its collar.
- In Tales from the Omnitrix, Jetray fought Bootleg in Max's story. Later, Jetray fought Crystalfist alongside Four Arms and Omni-Kix Rath in Ben's first story.
- In Ben in Rome, Part 2: The Bee's Knees, Jetray carried Gwen and Maurice while looking for Sydney.
- In Growing Up Is Hard to Do, Baby Jetray attacked Nanny Nightmare before being saved by Baby Max and Baby Wreckingbolt. He was eventually turned back to his normal age by Gwen.
- In Sweet Tooth, Jetray battled ninjas in a daydream.
- In Xingo's World, Jetray battled Xingo's robot.
- In Players of the Lost Park, Jetray was hypnotized by Zombozo into being dunked before being freed by Glitch.
- In De-Fanged!, Jetray lost at virtual reality laser tag to Bashmouth.
- In Mock 10, Jetray argued with Skunkmoth before chasing LaGrange.
- In Rekoil, Jetray flew with Cybear and Cydove in a daydream.
- In Buktu The Future, Jetray looked for Tim Buktu and escaped some missiles.
- In Ben 10 Versus the Universe: The Movie, Jetray briefly appeared before going Omni-Kix. Later, he escaped from the Null Void inmates only to be tackled by the Vulpimancer Prisoner before reverting.
- In Ben Gen 10, Jetray tried to escape Gwen as Four Arms and Max as Cannonbolt, but failed.
- Also, Jetray appeared as one of the many alien templates used for Hex's army.
- Gentle Ben (first appearance)
- Falls, Falls, Falls
- Mud on the Run
- Chicken In Chichen Itza, Part 1: Pyramid Scheme
- Tales from the Omnitrix (imaginary; x2)
- Ben in Rome, Part 2: The Bee's Knees
- Growing Up Is Hard to Do
- Sweet Tooth (daydream)
- Xingo's World
- Players of the Lost Park
- De-Fanged! (virtual reality)
- Mock 10
- Rekoil (daydream)
- Buktu The Future
- Ben 10 Versus the Universe: The Movie (2x; first time goes Omni-Kix)
Jetray's name is a portmanteau of a "jet", a fast aircraft vehicle, and "manta ray", the creature his appearance is based on. Additionally, he can fire neuroshock rays, adding to the "ray" part of his name.
Naming and Translations
|German||Turbomanta||From turbo, turbo and Mantarochen, mantara|
|Italian||Jetray||From the original English name|
|Portuguese (Br)||Arraia-a-Jato||From arraia, ray; the "-a-jato" is like "jet-powered"|
|Russian||Скатджет||From скат, manta ray; and джет, Jet|
|Spanish (HA)||Jetray||From the original English name|
- Jetray was first revealed to appear in the reboot in a Cartoon Network's YouTube promo.[CN 1] He was brought back in the franchise following his Classic Timeline counterpart's absence in Omniverse for his space survivability,[DR 1] teasing the "celestial" theme the reboot will explore beginning in Ben 10 Versus the Universe: The Movie.
- Jetray replaces Stinkfly in the active playlist.
- Jetray's name was coined by both Ben and Gwen simultaneously. Names considered by Ben include Wingy Alien Guy, Rocket Bat, and Dinowing.
- Of the regular aliens featured in the reboot, Jetray is the only one whose Omnitrix symbol closely resembles the Omnitrix symbol seen in the original series.
|Introduced in Season 1||Cannonbolt • Diamondhead • Four Arms • Gax • Grey Matter • Heatblast • Overflow • Stinkfly • Upgrade • Wildvine • XLR8|
|Introduced in Season 2||Rath • Shock Rock|
|Introduced in Season 3||Humungousaur • Slapback|
|Introduced in Season 4||Goop • Jetray • Way Big|
|Introduced in Season 5||Big Chill • Bloxx • Buzzshock • Chromastone • Ripjaws • Spidermonkey • Surge|
|Omni-Enhanced Aliens||Cannonbolt • Diamondhead • Four Arms • Grey Matter • Heatblast • Overflow • Stinkfly • Wildvine • XLR8|
|Omni-Kix Aliens||Cannonbolt • Diamondhead • Four Arms • Heatblast • Humungousaur • Jetray • Rath • Shock Rock • Slapback • XLR8|
|Omni-Naut Aliens||Heatblast • Jetray • Humungousaur • Shock Rock|
|Fusion Aliens||Amalgam Alien • Amalgam Ben • Grey Arms • XLRArmBlastDiamondHeat|
|Non-Canon Aliens||Banana Alien • Black Hat Alien • Hotdawg • Mole-Stache • Scooter Alien|
|Non-Canon Fusion Aliens||Omnitrix Glitch Fusion • Diamondhead-Humungousaur Fusion • Rath Arms • Shock Blast|