|This article belongs to the Reboot Continuity|
|Click here to see the Classic Continuity version of this article|
Jetray is a red, humanoid manta ray-like alien with green eyes, black outlines on his face, orange horns extending from his nose, gills underneath his arms, yellow patagia which he uses to fly and glide through water, black wristbands, and two black stripes with a yellow outline coming down from his shoulders to the Omnitrix symbol on his chest.
In Tales from the Omnitrix, he has duller colors and larger limbs.
Powers and Abilities
Jetray can fly at supersonic speeds, being able to maneuver through the air with little to no flapping with ease.
Jetray can fire green neuroshock blasts from his eyes and tail. In the case of the latter, he can charge his blasts in a way that allows him to leave a green trail when flying.
- In Summer Breakers, Jetray was added to the active playlist after the Omnitrix reformatted itself upon acquiring the Omni-Kix feature.
- Jetray first appeared in Gentle Ben, where he chased after Tim Buktu and a newly hatched baby moth.
- In Falls, Falls, Falls, Jetray saved Steam Smythe before letting the police take care of him.
- In Mud on the Run, Jetray foiled the Weatherheads' plan.
- In Chicken In Chichen Itza, Part 1: Pyramid Scheme, Jetray chased the Quetzalcoatl.
- In Tales from the Omnitrix, Jetray was in Max's story and fought Bootleg. Later, Jetray appeared in Ben's story, where he fought Crystalfist alongside Four Arms and Omni-Kix Rath.
- In Ben in Rome, Part 2: The Bee's Knees, Jetray, Gwen, and Maurice looked for Sydney.
- In Growing Up Is Hard to Do, Baby Jetray attacked Nanny Nightmare before being saved by Baby Max and Baby Wreckingbolt.
- Gentle Ben (first appearance)
- Falls, Falls, Falls
- Mud on the Run
- Chicken In Chichen Itza, Part 1: Pyramid Scheme
- Tales from the Omnitrix (x2)
- Ben in Rome, Part 2: The Bee's Knees
- Growing Up Is Hard to Do
Jetray's name is a portmanteau of a "jet", a fast aircraft vehicle, and "manta ray", the creature his appearance is based on. Additionally, he can fire neuroshock rays, adding to the "ray" part of his name.
Naming and Translations
|Portuguese (Br)||Arraia-a-Jato||From arraia, ray; the "-a-Jato" is like "jet-powered"|
- Jetray's existence within the Reboot Continuity was first confirmed by Duncan Rouleau, who explained on Twitter that all Classic Continuity Omnitrix aliens exist within the Omnitrix.[DR 2]
- Jetray replaces Stinkfly in the active playlist.
- Jetray's name was coined by both Ben and Gwen simultaneously. Names considered by Ben include Wingy Alien Guy, Rocket Bat and Dinowing.
- Jetray is the only alien featured in the reboot to retain his original voice actor.
- Jetray is also one of the two aliens to retain a voice actor from a previous series in general, the other being Four Arms.
|Introduced in Season 1||Cannonbolt • Diamondhead • Four Arms • Gax • Grey Matter • Heatblast • Overflow • Stinkfly • Upgrade • Wildvine • XLR8|
|Introduced in Season 2||Rath • Shock Rock|
|Introduced in Season 3||Humungousaur • Slapback|
|Introduced in Season 4||Jetray|
|Omni-Enhanced Aliens||Cannonbolt • Diamondhead • Four Arms • Grey Matter • Heatblast • Overflow • Stinkfly • Wildvine • XLR8|
|Omni-Kix Aliens||Cannonbolt • Diamondhead • Four Arms • Heatblast • Humungousaur • Jetray • Rath • Shock Rock • Slapback • XLR8|
|Fusion Aliens||Amalgam Ben • Grey Arms • XLRArmBlastDiamondHeat|
|Non-Canon Aliens||Banana Alien • Hot Dog Alien • Mole-Stache|
|Non-Canon Fusion Aliens||Omnitrix Glitch Fusion • Rath Arms • Shock Blast|