|This article belongs to the Reboot Continuity|
|Click here to see the Classic Continuity version of this article|
Hex is a self-proclaimed "Dark Mage" who desires to rule the world with his vast magic powers.
Hex has grey skin with black symbols on his shoulders. His attire is like that of a tribal or a nomad. He wears a red and black dress and hood, and black pants that are torn beyond his knees. He wears what appears to be some talismans under his neck. He also has long black socks that don't cover his heels or toes. His face is painted white and black to resemble a skull. He has black fingernails and toenails.
Hex is generally power-hungry and will go to whatever lengths to increase his powers and mastery over magic. He is often seen as ruthless and arrogant. However if someone were to save his live, he would spare them.
Hex is described as having a bad temper and lacking humor.
Hex seems to love magic, when Steam Smythe showed him a magic trick, and told him about a magic club, Hex teleported out of his prison cell just to find it.
|This section needs expansion. You can help by adding information.|
In Freaky Gwen Ben, Hex attacked the Swap Meet while looking for the Titan Gauntlets. After acquiring them, he was defeated by Gwen in Ben's body when she used Upgrade to destroy them. He was arrested afterwards.
In Brief Career of Lucky Girl, he attempted to obtain the wand of Merlin, but his efforts were thwarted by Ben and Gwen, not to mention his fear of zombies.
In Screamcatcher, he played off of Ben's greatest fears, but ultimately was trapped inside of his own: a fear of a boring, mundane, normal human life.
In Creature Feature, he brought a monster to life to attack Ben. When this almost fatally backfired on him, Ben saved his life, which forced Hex to spare Ben's in turn as part of the code that gives him his magic.
In Double Hex, he split in two in order to more efficiently defeat Ben and Gwen, but both Hexes ultimately turned against each other until they merged back into one.
In Show Don't Tell, Hex attacked Ben at the Ayasha Plinths, planning to build a Rock Golem with the people that he controlled with his magic, until Ben managed to break everyone free by lying (about not caring for Max).
Powers and Abilities
Hex is a powerful and highly skilled magician that can manipulate the forces of magic for many feats. These can range from levitation of himself and objects, projecting force blasts and defense barriers, scrying (to locate magical artifacts), control over matter and elemental forces, bringing inanimate objects to life, and teleportation.
In addition to his magical abilities, Hex is also very agile.
- Hex owned a spell book which he used to caste various spells, such as exchanging the bodies of Gwen and Ben and bringing inanimate objects to life. However, it was taken by the Hippie Vendor in Freaky Gwen Ben after Hex was arrested.
- Hex briefly possessed the Titan Gauntlets before Upgrade took possesssion and destroyed them.
- Hex also briefly possessed the Grimoire of Archamada which he used to increase his magical powers and turn himself into a giant snake-like creature. However, he lost the book while fighting Ben, thus losing the powers he had gained from him. The book now belongs to I.J. Crowling.
- Hex also briefly possessed the Wand of Merlin. However, he was tricked by Gwen disguised as 'Lucky Girl' into believing that it is not the real one, upon which he threw it away.
- Hex posses an artifact called the Eye of Wotan, which he uses to give life to a monster. The monster has the ability to open a portal to the "gates of light" in which Hex revitalizes his powers.
Hex has a fear of zombies.
Every one hundred years Hex has to renew his powers. Around that time, he starts losing them and becomes powerless and weak.
Probably some of his biggest weaknesses are his ego, arrogance, and his gullibility. He is very arrogant, and can be goaded into making stupid mistakes by hurting his ego. His general arrogance also makes him lack foresight in the event of his plans failing, and the further inability to note his flaws means he can have his own allies turn against him, even when said ally was himself. Finally, Hex is quite gullible, and can be fooled by simple slights of hands or well timed deception.
- Freaky Gwen Ben (first appearance)
- Riding the Storm Out (cameo)
- Brief Career of Lucky Girl
- Story, Bored
Hex is the main villain of the game.