|This article belongs to the Reboot Timeline|
|Click here to see the Classic Timeline version of this article|
Hex is a self-proclaimed "Dark Mage" who desires to rule the world with his vast magic powers.
- 1 Appearance
- 2 Personality
- 3 Relationships
- 4 History
- 5 Powers and Abilities
- 6 Weaknesses
- 7 Appearances
- 8 Video Games
- 9 Trivia
- 10 References
Hex has grey skin with black symbols on his shoulders. His attire is like that of a tribal or a nomad. He wears a red and black dress and hood, and black pants that are torn beyond his knees. He wears what appears to be some talismans under his neck. He also has black arm guards and long socks that don't cover his heels or toes. His face is painted white and black to resemble a skull. He has black fingernails and toenails.
Hex is generally power-hungry and will go to whatever lengths to increase his powers and mastery over magic. He is often seen as ruthless and arrogant. However if someone were to save his live, he would spare them.
Hex is described as having a bad temper and lacking humor.
Hex seems to love magic, when Steam Smythe showed him a magic trick and told him about a magic club, Hex teleported out of his prison cell just to find it.
Considering his age, Hex feels like everyone in the world are stupid toddlers compared to him. He believes that under no circumstances should they be allowed to touch phenomenal magical artifacts.[KT 2]
Hex finds Ben to be a complete nuisance, since he keeps thwarting his plans for domination, especially since he is a recent obstacle in his years of attempted conquering.
Being monochromatic pointy-toothed cat-eyed "magicians", Zombozo and Hex have an odd-couple energy with Hex's snobby serious no-fun attitude and Zombobo's maniac glee.[KT 4]
In Freaky Gwen Ben, Hex attacked the Swap Meet while looking for the Titan Gauntlets. After acquiring them, he was defeated by Gwen in Ben's body when she used Upgrade to destroy them. He was arrested afterwards.
In Brief Career of Lucky Girl, he attempted to obtain the wand of Merlin, but his efforts were thwarted by Ben and Gwen, not to mention his fear of zombies.
In Screamcatcher, he played off of Ben's greatest fears, but ultimately was trapped inside of his own: a fear of a boring, mundane, normal human life.
In Creature Feature, he brought a monster to life to attack Ben. When this almost fatally backfired on him, Ben saved his life, which forced Hex to spare Ben's in turn as part of the code that gives him his magic.
In Double Hex, he split in two in order to more efficiently defeat Ben and Gwen, but both Hexes ultimately turned against each other until they merged back into one.
In Show Don't Tell, Hex attacked Ben at the Ayasha Plinths, planning to build a Rock Golem with the people that he controlled with his magic, until Ben managed to break everyone free by lying (about not caring for Max).
He later appeared in The Hex Factor, where he joined a magic club, only to be angered at having to perform for people with no magic abilities. He then fights Ben as Omni-Kix Heatblast, and is soon defeated and taken back to prison.
In Ben Gen 10, Hex took control over every human being that was infected with alien DNA.
Powers and Abilities
Hex is a powerful and highly skilled magician that can manipulate the forces of magic for many feats. These can range from levitation of himself and objects, projecting force blasts and defense barriers, scrying (to locate magical artifacts), control over matter and elemental forces, bringing inanimate objects to life, and teleportation.
In addition to his magical abilities, Hex is also very agile.
Hex can summon creatures from other dimensions as seen with Karl.
Hex is possibly immortal since he has been terrorizing humanity for over 10,000 years.
- Hex owned a spell book which he used to cast various spells, such as exchanging the bodies of Gwen and Ben and bringing inanimate objects to life. However, it was taken by Shasta Fay in Freaky Gwen Ben after Hex was arrested.
- Hex briefly possessed the Titan Gauntlets before Upgrade took possession and destroyed them.
- Hex also briefly possessed the Grimoire of Archamada which he used to increase his magical powers and turn himself into a giant snake-like creature. However, he lost the book while fighting Ben, thus losing the powers he had gained from him. The book now belongs to I.J. Crowling.
- Hex also briefly possessed the Wand of Merlin. However, he was tricked by Gwen disguised as 'Lucky Girl' into believing that it is not the real one, upon which he threw it away.
- Hex possesses an artifact called the Eye of Wotan, which he uses to give life to a monster. The monster has the ability to open a portal to the "gates of light" in which Hex revitalizes his powers.
Hex has a fear of zombies.
Every one hundred years Hex has to renew his powers. Around that time, he starts losing them and becomes powerless and weak.
Probably some of his biggest weaknesses are his ego, arrogance, and his gullibility. He is very arrogant, and can be goaded into making stupid mistakes by hurting his ego. His general arrogance also makes him lack foresight in the event of his plans failing, and the further inability to note his flaws means he can have his own allies turn against him, even when said ally was himself. Finally, Hex is quite gullible, and can be fooled by simple slights of hands or well-timed deception.
- Freaky Gwen Ben (first appearance)
- Riding the Storm Out (cameo)
- Brief Career of Lucky Girl
- Story, Bored
Hex is the main villain of the game.
- The reason civilians seem unfazed by many of the villains that threaten them is because humanity has been dealing with Hex for at least 10,000 years.[KT 1]
- Hex's figure is equipped with the Staff of Ages.
- Hex, Steam Smythe, and Zombozo are the only present day villains that appear in every season of the Reboot.
- Kelly Turnbull thinks Hex is one of the coolest villains in Ben 10 due to his versatile powerset.[KT 5]
- Kelly also believes that the reason Hex has been unable to fulfil whatever ambition he has to take over the world in all his thousands of years of bumming around is because he is actually afraid of success and keeps setting himself up for defeat.[KT 6]