|This article belongs to the Classic Continuity|
|Click here to see the Reboot Continuity version of this article|
Ben as Heatblast
Heatblast is a magma-based lifeform whose body is composed of a bright yellow inner magma body covered by a dark red or brown rocks. As a fire-based entity, his body radiates high amounts of heat. His feet have a slight oval-like design with only two toes and one back toe. His tongue is also made of fire.
When under the effects of a cold in Side Effects, Heatblast's body and flames turned blue.
In Back with a Vengeance, Heatblast wore a yellow raincoat.
4-year-old Heatblast looked the same as 10-year-old Heatblast did in the original series, but with a much smaller and thinner body, as well as an oversized head.
In Ultimate Alien, Heatblast closely resembled Alan, only taller, not as skinny, slightly altered and his face shape was more similar to the original series. His eyes were no longer connected to the fire on his head. The rocks over his body were darker, and their pattern was different, with fewer rocks covering his inner lava body.
In Heroes United, Heatblast looked the exact same as he did in the original series, only his jaw was a lot lower than it was before.
In The Forge of Creation, 10-year-old Heatblast's appearance is a mix between the Ultimate Alien design and the original series' body color. Also, his Omnitrix symbol was green.
In Omniverse, Heatblast looks the same as he did in Ultimate Alien, only his eyes are once again connected to the fire on his head, like in the original series. He is taller and more muscular, his face's design is different and his shoulder plates are slightly tilted up. His feet are also redesigned.
10/11-year-old Heatblast in Omniverse looks exactly the same as his 16-year-old self, except for the fact that he is shorter and much less muscular than his sixteen-year-old self.
Kevin as Heatblast
Kevin's Heatblast looked the exact same as Ben's did in the original series, albeit he had paler skin and lacked an Omnitrix symbol.
Gwen as Heatblast
Gwen's Heatblast was leaner, her chest was larger, and her face was longer and more curved. Her forearms were considerably skinnier than Ben's Heatblast.
Ben 10,000 as Heatblast
Ben 10,000's Heatblast looked similar to his younger self's, but he sported two miniature volcanoes on his shoulders and had a more muscular build.
Alpha as Heatblast
Alpha as Heatblast looked roughly similar to Ben 10,000's Heatblast, only his head was more monstrous, his hands and feet were animalistic, his chest had an opening, and there was a tail-like attachment on his back. He wore a red fake Ultimatrix symbol on his chest.
Heatblast tends to make fire-based puns.
Powers and Abilities
Being one of Ben's most versatile alien forms, Heatblast is a pyrokinetic, meaning he has the ability to generate and manipulate intense heat and fire from his body. He can form fire into any shape that he chooses, commonly fireballs. He can also enhance the fire in his hands for flaming punches, and can breathe fire like a dragon. To top it all off, he can even absorb heat and fire at the same time. This means he can put out a fire faster than he can start one.
Heatblast's fire can become hot enough to melt a tank or a road, as he almost buried Vilgax in boiling tar when he was younger. Several years later, Heatblast was able to bury him in the ground up to his shoulders.
Heatblast can make his flames explosive, explaining why his fire tended to cause explosions on a regular basis. On that note, he can even create fire uses with the snap of his fingers. He can also create sharp fire-made disks and throw them as slicing weapons, as seen when he battled a swarm of Vilgax's Drones.
When 4-year-old Heatblast had a temper tantrum his firepower was greatly magnified to the point that Gwen called it "supernova-hot" and the heat was so extreme that it flash vaporized the Fountain of Youth and destroyed a large portion of the cave they were in. Similarly, Heatblast can increase the temperature of his heat and fire with his speed, as seen when he vaporized S.A.M.'s water creature by racing around it until his fire was again "supernova-hot".
Heatblast can create a small fireboard on which he can ride at high speeds by launching fire backwards like an engine. On this board, he has enough skill to ride in a continuous circle. After several years of practice, Heatblast is now capable of high-speed flight by propelling himself forward.
Heatblast is able to teleport by producing a fiery tornado around himself, as shown when he avoided getting hit by a subway train and appeared again on top of it. Similarly, he can even transport others to safety inside his tornadoes without burning them with his fire, as seen when he saved a boy and his mother from a building.
Due to being made of fire and charcoal, Heatblast glows in the dark like a candle. Furthermore, he is fireproof, heat resistant, and invulnerable to magma.
Heatblast is capable of limited terrakinesis by channeling fire through the ground.[DM 1] One result of this capability is the ability to surf through the air on a board of rock; this ability was made known when Ben taught Alan how to do this so the latter could learn to master his own flying abilities.
Heatblast is capable of jumping exceptionally high.
Heatblast can swim and use his powers underwater, but with a very low intensity. Ironically, he can even breathe underwater despite being a fire-based alien.
When infected with a cold, Heatblast's powers are completely inverted, making his pyrokinesis becoming cryokinesis, and he is constructed of icy fire rather than regular fire.
If exposed to enough water or fire-extinguishing substances, Heatblast's fire will be extinguished, though he can still heat up and reignite his fire in short amounts of time.
As mentioned above, when under the effects of a cold, Heatblast's pyrokinesis is replaced with cryokinesis (the ability to create and control cold and ice). Despite these new powers, Heatblast works completely "nonfunctional" to his fiery nature and the cold still prejudiced his health, meaning that it's still technically a "weakness," but not totally since it never exactly slowed Heatblast down (albeit taking a while to master it).
If Heatblast isn't careful, he may cause a fire that will accidentally go out of control in certain areas and will not be able to stop it.
Because of his fiery hands, Heatblast cannot hold anything without burning or melting it. Similarly, he can leave scorch mark footprints on certain floors.
Despite having a body made of fire, Heatblast can still be rendered immobile by ice.
Despite his enhanced durability, Heatblast can still feel pain from heavy impacts, as shown when he lost control of his fire board during his fight with the Megawhatts and crashed headlong into a concrete pillar, leaving him badly stunned.
Despite his Corruptura immunity, Heatblast can still be controlled by Corrupturas unless they are burned off his body.[DJW 1]
- Heatblast first appeared in And Then There Were 10, where he, while testing his powers, accidentally started a forest fire, but stopped it afterwards.
- The same scene occurred again in And Then There Was Ben.
- In Washington B.C., Heatblast saved a mother and her son from a burning building and caught some crooks.
- In Permanent Retirement, Heatblast defeated the Limax.
- In Tourist Trap, Heatblast destroyed the Megawhatts' planetarium before trapping and defeating them.
- In Kevin 11, Heatblast stopped Kevin from crashing two trains, but got his powers absorbed by him in the process.
- In The Alliance, Heatblast saved a hospital from a landslide and defeated Rojo.
- In Side Effects, Heatblast, with a cold, defeated Clancy and his cockroaches and stopped a nuclear meltdown.
- In Secrets, Heatblast defeated Vilgax's Drones before battling Vilgax himself. Later, Heatblast escaped the Chimerian Hammer before it exploded.
- In The Big Tick, Heatblast failed to defeat the Great One.
- In Back with a Vengeance, Heatblast appeared five times. Firstly, he was used when Ben unlocked the Master Control. Then, he appeared in a photo. Later, he was used to see which alien could spit the best loogie. Lastly, in the Null Void, Heatblast was used twice to escape Kevin 11 and Vilgax and to fight a Null Guardian.
- In Midnight Madness, Heatblast destroyed a mall while sleepwalking.
- In Super Alien Hero Buddy Adventures, Heatblast "saved" Kane North before fighting him for the latter's show.
- In Monster Weather, Heatblast defeated S.A.M.
- In The Visitor, Heatblast was defeated by Xylene.
- In the Red Edition of Ben 10: Secret of the Omnitrix, Heatblast fought a Mutant Hornet and destroyed Dr. Animo's DNA bomb, accidentally activating the Omnitrix's Self-Destruct Mode in the process.
- In Don't Drink the Water, four-year-old Heatblast defeated Hex and accidentally turned him into a baby.
- In Big Fat Alien Wedding, Heatblast defeated Mr. and Mrs. Mann.
- In Ben 10 vs. the Negative 10: Part 2, Heatblast made a barricade to the Mt. Rushmore base.
- In Ben 10: Destroy All Aliens, Heatblast escaped from Ben's locker and flew home. Later, Heatblast battled Retaliator only to get frozen by him.
- In Survival Skills, Heatblast made campfire even though he was told not to go alien. Since he didn't keep his promise, Max and Gwen used him as a campfire while he was trying to make one with rocks.
- In The Forge of Creation, Heatblast battled 17-year-old Kevin, 16-year-old Gwen, and NRG until he reverted.
Five Years Prior to Omniverse
- In Viktor: The Spoils, Heatblast defeated Viktor.
- In The Ultimate Sacrifice, Heatblast melted and broke free from Sentient Ultimate Big Chill's ice before switching into Brainstorm.
- In Ben 10-Generator Rex: Heroes United, Heatblast was used by Alpha to battle Rex before switching into Four Arms.
- Also, Heatblast appeared as one of the many aliens when Ben was explaining his story to Rex.
- In The Beginning of the End, Heatblast met up with Sir George before going with him to confront Vilgax and witnessed the latter reveal Dagon's dimension.
- In The Ultimate Enemy: Part 1, Heatblast and Sir George battled Vilgax before the former eventually defeated him.
- In A Jolt from the Past, Heatblast chased and stopped Corvo.
- In Of Predators and Prey: Part 1, Heatblast tried to attack Khyber, but was thrown away by Crabdozer.
- In Of Predators and Prey: Part 2, Heatblast was promptly defeated by Crabdozer in a failed attempt at deliberately mistransforming.
- In Malefactor, Heatblast battled Buglizard. Later, Heatblast later flew hastily back to the Proto-TRUK.
- In Showdown: Part 1, Heatblast tried to put out Pakmar's burning truck. Pakmar shouted to Heatblast that it was barbecue and he tried to tell Rook but Rook already blasted the tire causing the truck, Heatblast, and Pakmar to crash into the lake. Heatblast then saved Pakmar from drowning.
- In T.G.I.S., Heatblast battled Munya.
- In Store 23, Heatblast battled Dimension 23's Tetrax and SevenSeven.
- In Stuck on You, Heatblast battled Khyber and Skurd, and was teleported to the Plumber Headquarters by Blukic and Driba.
- In Secret of Dos Santos, Skurd gave Rath Heatblast's mace to battle Exo-Skull.
- In Malgax Attacks, Skurd used Heatblast's breath while Blukic and Driba tried to remove him from the Omnitrix.
- In A New Dawn, Heatblast briefly appeared as Ben was cycling through his aliens.
- In Ben 10,000, Heatblast was defeated by Vilgax, so he turned into Stinkfly.
- In Ken 10, Heatblast battled Sploot.
Future (Ultimate Alien)
Gwen 10 (What If?)
- In Gwen 10, Gwen as Heatblast wrote her name in the sky with fire, to Ben's chagrin (as he states, it took him a month to learn how to do that).
- In Ben 10: Race Against Time, Heatblast defeated Eon's Servants while protecting the Bellwood Police Department from them and seemingly obliterated Eon.
- Season 1
- And Then There Were 10 (first appearance)
- Washington B.C.
- Permanent Retirement
- Kevin 11 (selected alien was Four Arms)
- Tourist Trap
- The Alliance (selected alien was Four Arms)
- Side Effects
- Secrets (x2)
- Season 2
- Season 3
- Midnight Madness
- Monster Weather (selected alien was Ripjaws)
- Super Alien Hero Buddy Adventures
- The Visitor
- Season 4
- Ben 10: Secret of the Omnitrix (Red Edition)
- Don't Drink the Water
- Big Fat Alien Wedding
- Ben 10 vs. the Negative 10: Part 2 (cameo)
- Ben 10: Race Against Time (alternate timeline)
- Ben 10: Destroy All Aliens (x2)
- Season 2
- Framed (x2)
- Season 2
- Gwen 10 (non-canon)
- Ben 10,000
- Season 3
- Season 4
- 10-year-old Ben
- Season 2
- The Forge of Creation (first reappearance)
- 16-year-old Ben
- Season 3
- Ultimate Ben
- Season 3
- 16-year-old Ben
- Season 1
- A Jolt from the Past (first reappearance by 16-year-old Ben; intended alien was Big Chill)
- Of Predators and Prey: Part 1
- Of Predators and Prey: Part 2
- Season 2
- Malefactor (x2; first time intended alien was Humungousaur)
- Showdown: Part 1 (intended alien was Water Hazard)
- Season 3
- Season 8
- 11-year-old Ben
- Season 1
- Trouble Helix (first reappearance by 11-year-old Ben)
- 10-year-old Ben
- Season 5
- And Then There Was Ben (first reappearance by 10-year-old Ben)
- Season 8
- Cartoon Network Action Packs
- Snow Blind
- The Height of Heat
- Alien Data Files: Heatblast
- Eggs with Legs
- Dora Flora
- The Past is the Key to the Future
- Ben 10: Omniverse
Heatblast is a playable alien in the game.
Heatblast is one of the two aliens that are given from the beginning, Four Arms is the other, as you unlock combos you use him at his full strength. You will also need his abilities to run though fire and absorb it, and also to produce a rock to ride for a short distance in a fiery trail. Heatblast's special move is to create an orb of fire around himself, while another move creates a fiery tornado. The most powerful move is called "Armageddon" and features Heatblast ascending to the sky, off the screen, and raining fireballs upon his enemies.
Heatblast is a playable racer in the game.
Heatblast is a playable alien in the game (by both 11-year-old and 16-year-old Ben).
Heatblast is a playable alien in the game (only on 3DS).
Heatblast is one of the aliens used by 10-year-old Ben.
Heatblast is a plyable exosuit of the Banzai Squadron on Project Exonaut. His weapon mod increases the damage, but slows the firing rate of the Marksman. He is available for purchase at level 40 for 5000 coins.
Naming and Translations
|Albanian||Skëterra||From skëterra, meaning inferno|
|Bulgarian||Огнен Порив (Ogan Poriv)||From огън (ogan), fire, and порив (poriv), air-blast|
|Chinese||火焰人||From 火焰 (Huǒ Yàn), fire, and 人 (Rén), man|
|Dutch||Vuurvlaag||From vuur, fire, and vlaag, blast|
|French|| Inferno (Ben 10 seasons 1 and 2, and Omniverse)|
Lance-Flammes (Ben 10 seasons 3 and 4)
| From inferno|
From lance-flammes, flamethrower
|Greek||Φωτιάς (Fo̱tiás)||From φωτιά (fo̱tiá), fire|
|Hebrew||להט||From להט, heat|
|Hungarian||Lánglovag||From láng, flame, and lovag, knight|
|Japanese||ヒートブラスト||From ヒート (hīto), heat, and ブラスト (burasuto), blast|
|Korean||파이어||From 파이어, fire|
|Portuguese (Br)||Chama||From chama, flame|
|Romanian||Torta vie||From torta vie, living torch|
|Russian||Человек-огонь||From человек-огонь, fire-man|
|Serbian||Ватрени (Vatreni)||From ватра (vatra), fire|
|Spanish (HA)||Fuego||From fuego, fire|
|Spanish (Spain)||Inferno||From inferno|
|Turkish||Ateş Topu||From ateş, fire, and topu, ball|
- Heatblast is the first alien Ben ever transformed into in the Classic Continuity and entire franchise. Coincidentally, the first alien used in Alien Force (Swampfire) also has heat-based abilities like Heatblast.
- Also by coincidence, Heatblast is replaced with Whampire, the final alien introduced in the Classic Continuity, in the opening intro of Omniverse's Arc 5.
- Despite not appearing in Alien Force, Heatblast's hologram can be briefly seen on the recalibrated Omnitrix in Vengeance of Vilgax: Part 1 and Busy Box.
- Heatblast's flaming appearance resembles Marvel Comics' Human Torch, a member of the Fantastic Four.
- Heatblast's voice has changed throughout his appearances in the Classic Continuity.
- In the original series, Heatblast's voice was deep and raspy.
- In Don't Drink the Water, 4-year-old Heatblast had a high-pitched voice.
- In Race Against Time, his voice was less deep.
- In Ultimate Alien, his voice was a deeper version of Jetray's.
- In Omniverse, he sounds like Ghost Rider, another Marvel Comics superhero with fire-based powers.
- Heatblast was originally planned to be one of the playable aliens in the online game, Game Creator, but was soon removed from the game when Alien Force aired.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Tourist Trap
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Secrets
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Washington B.C.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Showdown: Part 1
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Viktor: The Spoils
- ↑ The Ultimate Enemy: Part 1
- ↑ The Alliance
- ↑ Don't Drink the Water
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 Monster Weather
- ↑ Kevin 11
- ↑ A Jolt from the Past
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 The Ultimate Sacrifice
- ↑ Of Predators and Prey: Part 1
- ↑ T.G.I.S.
- ↑ Store 23
- ↑ 16.0 16.1 Everybody Talks About the Weather
- ↑ Trouble Helix
- ↑ The Forge of Creation
- ↑ 19.0 19.1 Side Effects
- ↑ Ben 10: Destroy All Aliens
- ↑ Rook Blonko
- ↑ Of Predators and Prey: Part 2
- ↑ Framed
- ↑ Malefactor
- ↑ Stuck on You
- ↑ The Visitor
- ↑ Weapon XI: Part 1
- ↑ 28.0 28.1 Vengeance of Vilgax: Part 1; file
- ↑ Busy Box; file
- ↑ link unavailable