|This article belongs to the Classic Continuity|
|“||Heatblast and Ripjaws? Not the best combo.||”|
– Ben after turning into Heat Jaws.
Heat Jaws has Ripjaws' torso, however his arms and legs are essentialy Heatblast's. Also, the fin that Ripjaws usually has on his back is replaced with a line of fire.
Powers and Abilities
Being part-Pyronite, Heat Jaws possesses pyrokinesis similar to Heatblast. Surprisingly, his flames get stronger underwater. But since water normally extinguishes fire, he can shoot a high-pressure stream of scalding water without his flames going out.
Being part-Piscciss Volann, Heat Jaws' sharp teeth and jaws are as powerful as Ripjaws', being able to rip through steel. He can also swim underwater without extinguishing his flames, and only needs water whenever he is using his fire powers.
Compared to his component aliens, Heat Jaws' enhanced strength and durability are increased.
Ben admits that Heat Jaws is "not the best combo", as fire and water-related aliens do not really mix together that well. Because half of his Piscciss Volann DNA needs water to live while the Pyronite DNA generates enormous amount of heat energy, which leads Heat Jaws suffering from extreme problems.
Similar to Ripjaws, Heat Jaws needs to stay out of heat or else he will dry out. But because he constantly generates heat like Heatblast, then he will dry out quickly when using his fire powers.
- Heat Jaws first appeared in Dr. Animo and the Mutant Ray, where he defeated Heatbat, the Mutant Frog and Dr. Animo, reverted Max back to normal, and fixed the Omnitrix.
- Dr. Animo and the Mutant Ray (first appearance)
Naming and Translations
|Italian||Mastinferno||From masti, part of the word "mastica", chew, and inferno|
|Polish||Zębferno||From zęb, tooth and inferno|
|Portuguese (Br)||Aquachama||From aqua water and chama, flame|
|Romanian||Falcă Vie||From falcă, jaw, and vie, live|
|Russian||Человек Огонь и Челюсти||From человек-огонь, fire-man и and, and челюсти, jaws|
|Spanish (HA)||Acuafuego||From aqua-; and fuego, fire|
|Turkish||Ateş Çene||From ateş, fire, and Çene, jaw|
- Heat Jaws was designed by Thomas Perkins,[TP 1] but he always wanted to go back and do a take that was more uniform rather than having each body part belong to only one of the aliens.[TP 2]
- Heat Jaws' voice is the same as Heatblast's in the original series.
- Diamond Matter, Heat Jaws and Stink Arms are three fusions which were originally created by a broken, prototype Omnitrix. All three fusions are possible with the Biomnitrix, however, they might differ in aspects such as appearance, powers and weaknesses due to the fact that there's no evidence to support the idea that the broken prototype Omnitrix creates fusions the same way as the Biomnitrix.