Wiki Targeted (Entertainment)
Do you like this video?
|This article belongs to an alternate dimension or timeline|
- Many fans believe that one of the girls at Ken's 10th birthday party (pictured below) is in fact Gwendolyn. However, she was created only as an incidental (a background character).[TP 1]
- Gwendolyn and her brother were named after Ben's cousins, Gwen and Ken.[DM 1]
- Gwendolyn does not possess the Anodite "spark".[DJW 3]
- A pop-up and confirmation by Dwayne McDuffie[DM 1] revealed that Ben has two children, namely Ken Tennyson and Gwendolyn.
- This was the reason that she was not included in Omniverse: the creative team, which had studied the original series episodes, but did not have access to the pop-ups, were not aware that Ben has a daughter.[DJW 1]
- Moreover, even Tom Perkins, the artist who worked on many of the designs for Ken 10, was unaware that Ken had a sister, claiming that Ken was an only child during the production of the episode, and the existence of a sister being a retroactive addition later on.[TP 1]
- Derrick J. Wyatt claims that the timeline this Gwendolyn belongs to is the current real future as of Omniverse.
- Canonically, that does not make sense as this timeline was always supposed to be an alternate timeline in which Ben 10,000 had not given Grandpa Max a cake on his birthday when he was 10, while Ben Prime did. Derrick responded to the matter by saying: "Your 'plot holes' are irrelevant. Time isn't completely fixed, it's shifting. Events can be subtlety altered."[DJW 2]
- This wiki, however, keeping in mind the logical fallacy in the remark, considers the timeline to be from an alternate timeline and not the current future.
- Matt Wayne too confirms that the timeline is one of the many possible futures, not necessarily Ben Prime's.[MW 1][MW 2]