|This article belongs to the Classic Continuity|
|Click here to see the Reboot Continuity version of this article|
In the original series, Gwen had short orange hair held by a blue hair clip and green eyes and wore a blue raglan shirt with a cat logo on her chest, white capris, and a pair of white shoes with dark blue stripes.
In the first and second seasons of Alien Force, she wore a white shirt under a dark blue sweater, black stockings under a black mini skirt, and black high heels. Her hair had also grown longer and was down to her waist.
In the third season of Alien Force, as well as The Transmogrification of Eunice, she wore a red shirt paired with a black vest, gray pants, and black flats. Her hair was worn in a high ponytail.
In Ultimate Alien, Gwen's outfit was similar to her outfit from the first two seasons of Alien Force, but with a red sweater instead of a blue one.
In Ultimate Alien, she wore a standard Plumber suit during a few of her off-world excursions.
In the first episode/season of Omniverse, Gwen still had her ponytail, but it was much shorter. She wore clothes similar to her Alien Force Seasons 1-2 outfit, except she now wore long white socks that went up to her knees with black mary janes. She also had freckles.
For the rest of the series, she has shorter hair with a blue hairclip, a light blue T-shirt with her cat logo on it, a blue plaid miniskirt and wears blue-tinted glasses. She also wears long white socks and blue sneakers.
11-year-old Gwen in Omniverse looks just like she did in the original series except that she has freckles and the cat logo on her shirt is now bigger.
In Alien Force and Ultimate Alien, in her Anodite form, she looked like a slightly smaller version of Verdona.
In her new Anodite form in Omniverse, her skin turns purple, but her hair remains the same length, but is now made of mana and is pink and her eyes also turn pink. Her glasses also become a blue mask and she now wears blue gloves and her shirt is a darker blue with a light blue stripe. Her shirt cuts off and reveals her midriff and naval. She also wears blue boots, a dark blue miniskirt with a light blue stripe and a belt. The cat logo on her shirt also becomes black with pink eyes.
During water-based activities in the original series, she wore a purple one-piece swimsuit with a light blue diagonal stripe across her midriff in A Small Problem and a teal green one in Divided We Stand.
In Back with a Vengeance, she wore a yellow raincoat while touring Niagara Falls on a ship, and later wore a Plumber suit when she went to look for Ben in the Null Void.
In Secret of the Omnitrix, while trying out clothes at the mall, she wore yellow-tinted glasses, a light blue collared shirt, a blue vest, black pants, and red and white shoes.
In What Are Little Girls Made Of?, she wore a white bikini.
In Save the Last Dance, she wore a white dress.
In In Charm's Way, she wore a black bikini.
In Time Heals, she briefly wore glasses and a long coat over her Lucky Girl outfit.
In Escape from Aggregor, she wore a pale blue winter coat and blue pants.
In It's Not Easy Being Gwen, she wore a grey T-shirt and black running shorts during her morning run and later wore a white T-shirt and red shorts during her gym class.
In the original series, Gwen is portrayed as an intelligent, mature but usually stubborn and smart-mouthed when it came to talking with Ben. Her quick thinking and good instincts give her an edge in dealing with dangerous situations. However, she's sometimes too trusting with people who want to exploit her good will, leading her (or others) into harm's way.
As she got older, she became even more mature, as well as becoming more caring and sympathetic. Her affection towards her cousin Ben, became more clear as well.
Gwen is willing to forgive villains for their wrongdoings, the most notable being Kevin, if she believes they've changed for the better. Although her intelligence and knowledge have only increased since the original series, she's not completely free of her naivete, and can be arrogant at times as well.
Despite being far more mature and reasonable than Ben and Kevin, Gwen is somewhat hotheaded and can lose control of her mana if angered enough.
Powers and Abilities
Mana Manipulation and Energy Control
Gwen's magical powers are of alien descent from her grandmother Verdona, a member of a free-spirited alien race of pure energy beings known as Anodites, from the planet Anodyne. Gwen didn't inherit the powers, but shares a "knack" for mana manipulation, possibly because Verdona manipulated mana in her human form.[DM 1] Verdona herself has explained to Gwen that, like herself, she is an Anodite and has "the spark," and thus is able to freely manipulate and control mana or life energy, the substance of magic.
Gwen can create energy blasts, streams, waves and bolts, as well as energy force-fields, shields and barriers. Her powers are mainly used like energy constructs, allowing her to make many different types of structures like, hammers, protective helmets, battering rams, beams to grab and throw enemies, stepping stones/platforms to carry her and others though air, safety nets, magic weapons: swords, blades, punches, etc.. It also turns out Gwen can also synchronize her martial arts styles with her energy manipulation abilities.
Gwen has more mana-related powers: She can find any person she wants by detecting the traces of mana that he/she left or by being at one with the cosmic mana. She can distinguish Ben and Albedo by reading their auras.[DM 2] She can also draw in mana from everything around her. She also has a degree of enhanced strength and durability.
She also has the abilities of telekinesis, teleportation, heat vision, clairvoyance, telepathy and healing herself and other living beings. She can also transform into an Anodite. In her Anodite form her powers are greatly enhanced, giving her the abilities of flight and size alteration.
In addition, her Anodite powers get stronger over time.
Magic and Spells
Gwen is seen using magic through casting magical, mystical spells, and reciting spoken incantations thus enabling her to use various magical powers and abilities.
On two occasions, Gwen used the five mystical Charms of Bezel to become a superheroine by the name of Lucky Girl. At first, her power and ability drew from the luck-granting Charm of Bezel, which innately gave her complete and perfect luck in everything she did. While wearing the charm, any action she took would result in a chain reaction benefiting her original intent, but usually injuring Ben in the process. Gwen later brought back her superhero identity after obtaining the legendary lost Keystone of Bezel, which greatly increased her natural abilities to superhuman levels rather than just affecting her luck. Both times, Gwen was forced to retire when the five Charms and Keystone of Bezel were destroyed.
Gwen claims that being self-taught in magic is not so easy as it looks. Trying to get into Yahwahtacsip she mistakes its name for "Wah Di Tah," saying that she knows how to read it but not pronounce it correctly.
Later Gwen begins to cast spells and recite spoken incantations again. Gwen is less knowledgeable than Charmcaster and Hex, having been self-taught, but she is also more powerful than Charmcaster until Charmcaster obtained the Alpha Rune, after which she was powerful enough to defeat Gwen with ease.
She has also learned to astral project through magic, like when she found Ben inside the Ultimatrix.
Athletics and Martial Arts
Gwen is a capable gymnast and martial artist. Even in the original series, she was occasionally shown to be quite good in hand-to-hand combat fights against enemies who had normal strength levels. She was part of her school's Jujutsu team. At the age of fifteen it is revealed that she has already received a black belt in Taekwondo.
When preferring to use her athletics during fights or when she cannot rely on her magical and Anodite powers, she is shown to be highly skilled in hand-to-hand combat.
Gwen does martial arts, horseback riding, softball, skiing and cross country.[DM 3] Gwen has been shown creating a whip of mana energy and using it as a weapon along with her fighting skills. When Kevin asks her how she learned it, she states remembering it from an old movie.
Knowledge and Intelligence
Gwen is very intelligent and knowledgeable. Before discovering her dormant Anodite powers, she would often use her superior intellect to help Ben solve problems. She is shown to be a bit of computer and tech wiz as well. She has her own laptop which she uses to research enemies she meets.
- All episodes except Gwen 10 and Goodbye and Good Riddance.
- All shorts
- Ben 10: Secret of the Omnitrix
- Ben 10: Destroy All Aliens
16 years old
11 years old
Cartoon Network Action Packs
Gwen has appeared in every action pack, except for Old Friends, Plumbers' Kids, It's a Set Up and twoSome.
- Ben's Knightmare
- War of the Worlds
- Triple Threat
- Double Negative
- The Dark of Knight
- Galaxy Wars
- Science Friction
Ben 10: Omniverse
- Ben 10: Protector of Earth (Playable only on Nintendo DS version, with a code) (Skin)
- Ben 10: Alien Force (Playable only on the Nintendo Wii, Sony PS2, and Sony PSP versions on levels 3 and 8) (Regular Character)
- Ben 10 Alien Force: Vilgax Attacks (Non-player character) (Regular Character)
- Ben 10 Alien Force: The Rise of Hex (only for Wii and Xbox 360) (Regular Character)
- Ben 10 Ultimate Alien: Cosmic Destruction (Non-player character) (Regular Character)
- Punch Time Explosion and XL (Assist Character)
- Gwen's birthday is in December.
- Gwen's favorite flowers are yellow roses.
- Gwen hates mushrooms.
- When she was 10, Gwen had a 4.2 GPA, she was the president of the Computer Club, treasure of the Science Society, volunteer at several local charities, and a member of her school's Jujutsu team.
- Gwen isn't too fond of some of Ben's aliens, namely Stinkfly, Goop, and Upchuck.
- Gwen has arachnophobia and claustrophobia.
- Gwen is Verdona's favorite grandchild.
- Gwen has much more control over her abilities and her Anodite form than we've seen.[MW 1]
- Gwen lives on-campus in Omniverse.[MW 2]
- Gwen does not yet know her major.[MW 3]
- Gwen dislikes being called an "energy being."
- Gwen felt out of place when she was in high school.
- Dagon described Gwen as the most powerful being in the main dimension.
- Gwen has the potential to live as long as she wants to, if she ever chooses to allow Verdona to train her.[DM 4]
- Gwen and Kevin are famous on Earth, just not nearly as famous as Ben.[DM 5] Dwayne McDuffie compared their level of fame to that of American television personality Gayle King.[DM 6]
- Gwen can go back in time to change events, but doesn't because she fears changing history for the worse, as she accidentally did once before.[DM 7]
- In Alien Force, Gwen was in her freshman year of high school.[DM 8]
- Gwen's DNA was sampled and randomized into the Unitrix to create Eunice.
- Gwen's Lucky Girl costume in the original series and Alien Force ties into the cat design on her favorite shirt.[pop-up 3]
- By the time of mid-Season 1 of Ultimate Alien, Gwen had already written her college essays.[DM 9]
- When they were kids, disliking Max's cooking was one of the few things Ben and Gwen agreed on.[pop-up 4]
- Before the events of the original series:
- Whenever Gwen transforms into her Anodite form in Alien Force and Ultimate Alien appearances, she gains the ability to fly. However, in Omniverse, Gwen's Anodite form has been shown using Mana constructs and later the Charm of Telekinesis to fly. Despite that, she can still fly on her own while in Anodite form.[DJW 3]
- In the initial stages of the original series' development, Gwen was written as a classmate who happened to be friends with Ben, and had no familial relation to him.[pop-up 7]
- In the original series, Gwen had her own plans for a summer vacation. It was Max who convinced her mother to push her to go on the road trip.
- One of Gwen's concept designs in the original series had long hair and a red and yellow raglan shirt with a mushroom on it. However, Cartoon Network nixed the mushroom design due to drug connotations.[DJ 1]
- Gwen's design in Seasons 1 and 2 of Alien Force was created by Glen Murakami and finalized by Glenn Wong, with colors added by Chris Hooten.[GW 1]
- Gwen and Kevin's "college" redesign was the only redesign they were going to get, but executives wanted them to look more similar to their Alien Force/Ultimate Alien designs for their first appearance, so they received "transition" designs for the first episode.[DJW 1]
- Gwen's second design in Omniverse bears some resemblance to Velma Dinkley from the Scooby-Doo! franchise.
- Gwen made an appearance in the fifth episode of the sixth season of Robot Chicken, Hurtled from a Helicopter into a Speeding Train.
- At least one student at Friedkin University probably knows that Gwen is Lucky Girl.[DJW 4]
- Not all of Gwen's alternate counterparts are Anodites.[DJW 5] For example, Dimension 23's Gwen[DJW 6] and Gwen 10 have been confirmed to not be Anodites.[DJW 7]
- A counterpart of Gwen does not exist on Rex's home universe.[DR 1] This was proven true during Ben's visit there, as he hypothesized that Gwen may not exist on Rex's Earth.
- Aside from not being an Anodite, Dimension 23's Gwen is cousins with Ben 23 and shy.[DJW 8]
- Gwen's counterpart in Benzarro's reality is an unpowered scientist constantly working on a cure for Benzarro from a secure secret bunker.[DJW 9]
- Gwen's counterpart in Nega Ben's timeline is a cheerleader[DJW 10] of average intelligence. However, she acts less smart than she really is.[DJW 11] Much like her Prime Timeline counterpart, Gwen is dating Nega Ben's version of Kevin.[DJW 12]
- It is unknown if a counterpart of Gwen exists on Mad Ben's dimension.[DJW 13]
- ↑ Rook Tales
- ↑ Under Wraps
- ↑ Double or Nothing
- ↑ Duped
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 What Are Little Girls Made Of?
- ↑ Kevin's Big Score
- ↑ Plumbers' Helpers
- ↑ War of the Worlds: Part 2
- ↑ Hit 'Em Where They Live
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 Lucky Girl
- ↑ Tough Luck
- ↑ Where the Magic Happens
- ↑ Map of Infinity
- ↑ The Ultimate Sacrifice
- ↑ Don't Drink the Water
- ↑ Ben 10 Returns: Part 1
- ↑ Ben 10,000 Returns
- ↑ Washington B.C.
- ↑ Rook Blonko
- ↑ The Ultimate Heist
- ↑ 21.0 21.1 Ben Tennyson
- ↑ 22.0 22.1 Camp Fear
- ↑ And Then There Were 10
- ↑ Save the Last Dance
- ↑ Ghostfreaked Out
- ↑ 26.0 26.1 Ultimate Weapon
- ↑ Inspector 13
- ↑ The Creature from Beyond
- ↑ Vengeance of Vilgax: Part 2
- ↑ Inferno
- ↑ Girl Trouble
- ↑ The Ultimate Enemy: Part 1
- ↑ The Transmogrification of Eunice
- ↑ Ben 10 vs. the Negative 10: Part 1
- ↑ 35.0 35.1 Ben 10: Secret of the Omnitrix
- ↑ 36.0 36.1 And Then There Were 10
- ↑ Washington B.C.
- ↑ Ben 10-Generator Rex: Heroes United
- ↑ And Then There Was Ben
- ↑ File:Eunice's Knowledge.PNG
- ↑ File:Gwen Can Distinguish Ben and Albedo.PNG
- ↑ link unavailable
- ↑ File:Dwayne Liked Paradox.PNG
- ↑ File:Gwen and Kevin Famous.PNG
- ↑ File:Gwen and Kevin Gayle King.PNG
- ↑ File:Gwen Can Go Back in Time.PNG
- ↑ File:Ben and Gwen Freshmen.PNG
- ↑ File:Ben and Gwen's Career Plans.PNG
- ↑ File:Gwen vs. Scarlet Witch.png
- ↑ File:OV Gwen Can Still Fly as an Anodite.png
- ↑ File:At Least One Student Knows Gwen is Lucky Girl.png
- ↑ File:Not all are anodites.png
- ↑ File:Gwen 23 Not An Anodite.png
- ↑ File:Gwen 10 anodite question answered.png
- ↑ File:Dimension 23 Gwen.png
- ↑ File:Benzarro Gwen Scientist.PNG
- ↑ File:Nega Ben Gwen.PNG
- ↑ File:Nega Gwen Intelligence.png
- ↑ File:Nega Ben Kevin.PNG
- ↑ File:Mad Dimension Gwen and Kevin.PNG