|This article belongs to the Classic Continuity|
Gutrot's species are an unnamed species from an unknown planet.
Gutrot's species are purple humanoids with black spots on their skin and four fingers. Like Orishans, they have nozzles/openings from where they can eject different types of gas. They are located on various parts on their body. They have glass on their stomach from where the gas inside can be seen.
Gutrot's species communicate with both a verbal and a pheromonal language.[DJW 1]
Gutrot's species expel a corrosive digestive gas that breaks down mineral elements into a vapor they can inhale.[DJW 2]
Powers and Abilities
This species has the ability to make compounds of almost any type and expel them as gas from the various nozzles on their body for both offense and defense. The strength of these gases depends on the amount expelled and their chemical makeup.
Some of the gases this species can produce include:
- Sulphur Dioxide, a highly combustible and toxic gas that can be used as a form of tear gas.
- Nitrous Oxide, more commonly known as "laughing gas", which can be used to incapacitate an opponent by making them laugh uncontrollably.
- Fluoromethyl-hexafluoroisopropyl-ether, also known as "Sevoflurane". While it is normally used as an anesthetic, it is also useful as a knockout gas with short-term memory loss as a side-effect.
- Hydrogen Chloride, an acidic and corrosive gas that can burn or melt through solid materials such as a Segmentasapien's constructs.
- Sleeping Gas, although not used, this gas was mentioned by Gutrot and was about to be used against the Krakken.
- Protoplasm Freezing Spray, a gaseous form of a special orange liquid used by Kraab, it is capable of neutralizing an Ectonurite's intangibility and invisibility.[DJW 3]
This species has very advanced knowledge of chemistry, as well as some degree of knowledge on a species' biology. This allows them to create a gas that can specifically target the species in question.
This species can jump exceptionally high.
This species can absorb gas by pulling it through their nozzles.[DJW 4]
If this species creates a gas inside their body, then discover they no longer need it, they can simply "neutralize" it instead of releasing it.
This species' intelligence seems to be innate since they may not fully understand what they are talking about from their point of view. Furthermore, this species seems to be very intelligent in general, as Gutrot discussed the ramifications of time travel and that hitting someone on the head would simply result in a concussion rather than amnesia.
When this species uses their gases, they make a large cloud, which is susceptible to prevailing winds. This can endanger allies, as well as innocent bystanders.
Some of this species' gases are flammable, so they must be careful in situations that might ignite them.
Creatures who are shielded from gases, such as those with a gas mask or insulation, are immune to this species' gases.
- Despite this species' home planet not appearing on-screen, Derrick J. Wyatt describes it as having rocky and swampy areas, along with a dense atmosphere thick with swirling gases and vapors.[DJW 8]
- When asked if members of this species make and sell unique yet illegal drugs for the alien underworld, Derrick answered that they would probably make and sell more unique things, such as love potions, rather than narcotics anyone would make.[DJW 9]
- ↑ File:Gutrot's Species Communication.PNG
- ↑ File:Gutrot's Species Eating.PNG
- ↑ File:Gutrot Can Replicate Kraab's Liquid.png
- ↑ File:Gutrot Can Pull Gases Through His Nozzles.PNG
- ↑ File:Gutrot Poison Gas Immunity.PNG
- ↑ File:Gutrot Acid Gas Immunity.PNG
- ↑ File:Gutrot Immune To Pesky Dust.PNG
- ↑ File:Gutrot's Home Planet.png
- ↑ File:Gutrot's Species Sells Love Potions.png