|This article belongs to the Classic Continuity|
|“||You have the ability to combine various chemicals and expel them as gas!||”|
Ben as Gutrot
Gutrot has the appearance of a mechanical humanoid in a green outfit, with the exception of his head and shoulders being a bluish-purple color, and he has four fingers on each hand, which are apparently gloved. Like Water Hazard, he has nozzles or openings, from which he can eject gas. He has two on each of his forearms, one on each shoulder, three on the rim between his shoulders and neck, three on his head, one on his back and one in the center of his posterior. He has a belt with a window on his stomach so that the gas he uses can be seen.
Gutrot wears the Omnitrix symbol on what appears to be some kind of gas mask in front of his mouth.
Nega Ben as Nega Gutrot
Gutrot speaks with a Brooklyn accent and a gruff tone that gives him a rather tough yet easygoing "wise guy" sort of vibe to him. He also has a cynical sense of humor, and is usually pretty calm and level-headed.
Powers and Abilities
Gutrot has the ability to make compounds of almost any type and expel them as gas from the various nozzles on his body for both offense and defense. The strength of these gases depends on the amount expelled and their chemical makeup.
Some of the gases Gutrot can produce include:
- Sulphur Dioxide, a highly combustible and toxic gas that can be used as a form of tear gas.
- Nitrous Oxide, more commonly known as "laughing gas", which can be used to incapacitate an opponent by making them laugh uncontrollably.
- Fluoromethyl-hexafluoroisopropyl-ether, also known as "Sevoflurane". While it is normally used as an anesthetic, it is also useful as a knockout gas with short-term memory loss as a side-effect.
- Hydrogen Chloride, an acidic and corrosive gas that can burn or melt through solid materials such as a Segmentasapien's constructs.
- Sleeping Gas, although not used, this gas was mentioned by Gutrot and was about to be used against the Krakken.
- Protoplasm Freezing Spray, a gaseous form of a special orange liquid used by Kraab, it is capable of neutralizing an Ectonurite's intangibility and invisibility.[DJW 2]
Gutrot has very advanced knowledge of chemistry, as well as some degree of knowledge on a species' biology. This allows him to create a gas that can specifically target the species in question. For example, he can create a pheromone designed to attract To'kustars, causing them to follow Gutrot wherever he wishes to direct them.
Gutrot can jump exceptionally high.
Gutrot can absorb gas by pulling it through his nozzles.[DJW 3]
If Gutrot creates a gas inside his body, then discovers he no longer needs it, he can simply "neutralize" it instead of releasing it.
Gutrot's intelligence seems to be innate since he may not fully understand what he is talking about from his point of view, similar to some of Ben's other intelligent aliens. Furthermore, Gutrot seems to be very intelligent in general, as he discussed the ramifications of time travel and that hitting someone on the head would simply result in a concussion rather than amnesia.
When Gutrot uses his gases, they make a large cloud, which is susceptible to prevailing winds. This can endanger allies, as well as innocent bystanders.
Some of Gutrot's gases are flammable, so he must be careful in situations that might ignite them.
Creatures who are shielded from gases, such as those with a gas mask or insulation, are immune to Gutrot's gases.
- Gutrot first appeared in Animo Crackers, where he defeated both Animos.
- In And Then There Were None, Nega Gutrot failed to capture No Watch Ben and was wiped out by the Chronosapien Time Bomb.
- In And Then There Was Ben, Nega Gutrot was brought back into existence by No Watch Ben as Clockwork.
- In Weapon XI: Part 2, Gutrot lured two Way Bads to the Rooter Headquarters and attempted to fight Kevin, but was quickly defeated and reverted back to human when Kevin absorbed some power from the Omnitrix.
- In Vreedlemania, Gutrot prepared to stop the Krakken, but Sceles stopped it first. He then witnessed the reunion of Ma and Pa Vreedle before reverting.
- In A New Dawn, Gutrot appeared for a short time when Ben was cycling through his aliens.
- Animo Crackers (first appearance; accidental transformation)
- A New Dawn (cameo)
Naming and Translations
|Bulgarian||Гътрот||From the original English name|
|Chinese||毒气金刚||From 毒气 (Dú Qì), poisonous gas, and 金刚 (Jīn Gāng), Vajra|
|French||Proutor||From prout, a childish word for fart, and -or|
|German||Generott||From Generator and rotten|
|Hebrew||גז פלוץ||From גז gas, and פלוץ fart, Fart Gas|
|Hungarian||Bélkór||From bél, gut, and kór, disease|
|Italian||Panciamarcia||From pancia, belly, and marcia, rotten|
|Polish||Gazior||From gaz, gas|
|Portuguese (Br)||Podrão||From podre, rotten|
|Romanian||energofag||from energy intensive|
|Russian||Гатрот||From the original English name.|
|Spanish (HA)||Barrigobot||From barriga, belly, and the suffix -bot, robot. Bellybot|
Gutrot's name is a reference to "Rotgut", a name shared by several fictional characters. Rotgut is also a Prohibition-era slang term for homemade alcoholic beverages, alluding to Gutrot's ability to mix chemicals inside himself. "Gut rot" is also a slang for "stomachache".
- Technically speaking, Ben did not name Gutrot until the future Dr. Animo told him what the alien's name was.
- Gutrot went under the working name Rotgut.[DJW 7]
- Ironically, chemistry is one of Ben's weaker subjects, though Gutrot seems to be an expert on it.
- Gutrot is based on the Pokémon Koffing, which is Derrick J. Wyatt's favorite Pokémon.[DJW 8]
- This makes Gutrot the second alien to resemble or be based on Koffing; the first being Ultimate Gravattack's mini planetoids.
- Gutrot replaces 11-year-old Four Arms in the opening intro for Omniverse's Arc 5.
- Gutrot also bears resemblance to the Sontarans from Doctor Who. Interestingly, the first story to feature the Sontarans since the show's revival in 2005 (The Sontaran Stratagem/The Poison Sky, both 2008) revolved around the Sontarans trying to convert the Earth's atmosphere into clone feed - a poisonous gas to humans.
- It is implied that Gutrot was never locked in the Omnitrix.[DJW 8]
- When asked if he can generate a gaseous form of truth serum, Derrick answered that Gutrot can generate just about any kind of chemical gas seen in cartoons and comics. However, there are some gases he may have to see to know how to make.[DJW 9]
- ↑ File:Benzarro Has Zombie Aliens.PNG
- ↑ File:Gutrot Can Replicate Kraab's Liquid.png
- ↑ File:Gutrot Can Pull Gases Through His Nozzles.PNG
- ↑ File:Gutrot Poison Gas Immunity.PNG
- ↑ File:Gutrot Acid Gas Immunity.PNG
- ↑ File:Gutrot Immune To Pesky Dust.PNG
- ↑ File:Rotgut Proof.png
- ↑ File:Gutrot Can Many Any Kind of Gas.png