|This article belongs to the Classic Timeline|
|“||Your innards are a walking chemical laboratory... You have the ability to combine various chemicals and expel them as gas!||”|
- 1 Appearance
- 2 Personality
- 3 Powers and Abilities
- 4 Weaknesses
- 5 History
- 6 Appearances
- 7 Naming and Translations
- 8 Etymology
- 9 Trivia
- 10 Notes
- 11 References
Ben as Gutrot
Gutrot has the appearance of a mechanical humanoid in a green and white outfit, with the exception of his head and shoulders being a bluish-purple color with black spots. His eyes are green and he has four fingers on each white gloved hand, which are equipped with green and white vambraces and arm length black sleeve covers. Like Water Hazard, he has nozzles or openings, from which he can eject gas. He has two on each of his forearms, one on each shoulder, three on the white and black rim between his shoulders and neck, three on his head, one on his back and one in the center of his posterior. He has a green belt with white stripes, black accents, and a window on his stomach so that the gas he uses can be seen.
Gutrot wears the Omnitrix symbol on what appears to be some kind of gas mask in front of his mouth.
Nega Ben as Nega Gutrot
Gutrot speaks with a Brooklyn accent and a gruff tone that gives him a rather tough yet easygoing "wise guy" sort of vibe. He also has a cynical sense of humor, and is usually pretty calm and level-headed.
Powers and Abilities
Gutrot has the ability to make compounds of almost any type and expel them as gas from the various nozzles on his body for both offense and defense. The strength of these gases depends on the amount expelled and their chemical makeup.
Technically speaking, Gutrot can generate just about any kind of chemical gas imaginable,[DJW 2] including:
- Sulphur Dioxide, a highly combustible and toxic gas that can be used as a form of tear gas.
- Nitrous Oxide, more commonly known as "laughing gas", which can be used to incapacitate an opponent by making them laugh uncontrollably.
- Fluoromethyl-hexafluoroisopropyl-ether, also known as "Sevoflurane". While it is normally used as an anesthetic, it is also useful as a knockout gas with short-term memory loss as a side-effect.
- Hydrogen Chloride, an acidic and corrosive gas that can burn or melt through solid materials such as a Segmentasapien's constructs.
- Sleeping Gas, although not used, this gas was mentioned by Gutrot and was about to be used against the Krakken.
- Protoplasm Freezing Spray, a gaseous form of a special orange liquid used by Kraab, it is capable of neutralizing an Ectonurite's intangibility and invisibility.[DJW 3]
Gutrot has a very advanced knowledge of chemistry, as well as some degree of knowledge on a species' biology. This allows him to create a gas that can specifically target the species in question. For example, he can create a pheromone designed to attract To'kustars, causing them to follow Gutrot wherever he wishes to direct them.
Gutrot can jump exceptionally high.
Gutrot can absorb gas by pulling it through his nozzles.[DJW 4]
If Gutrot creates a gas inside his body, then discovers he no longer needs it, he can simply "neutralize" it instead of releasing it.
Gutrot's intelligence seems to be innate since, similar to some of Ben's other intelligent aliens, he may not fully understand what he is talking about from his point of view. Furthermore, Gutrot seems to be very intelligent in general, as he discussed the ramifications of time travel and that hitting someone on the head would simply result in a concussion rather than amnesia.
Gutrot can survive in the vacuum of space.[DJW 8]
When Gutrot uses his gases, they make a large cloud, which is susceptible to prevailing winds. This can endanger allies, as well as innocent bystanders.
Some of Gutrot's gases are flammable, so he must be careful in situations that might ignite them.
Creatures who are shielded from gases, such as those with a gas mask or insulation, are immune to Gutrot's gases.
Gutrot cannot generate spores because he only works with chemical gases.[DJW 9]
Despite being able to absorb gases, Gutrot cannot absorb an Ectonurite in wisp form.[DJW 11]
- Gutrot first appeared in Animo Crackers, where he defeated Dr. Animo and Future Animo.[note 1]
- In Weapon XI: Part 2, Gutrot lured two Way Bads to the Rooter Headquarters and attempted to fight Kevin, but was quickly defeated and reverted back to human when Kevin absorbed some power from the Omnitrix.
- In Vreedlemania, Gutrot prepared to stop the Krakken, but Sceles stopped it first. He then witnessed the reunion of Ma and Pa Vreedle before reverting.
- In A New Dawn, Gutrot appeared for a short time when Ben was cycling through his aliens.
Nega Ben's Timeline
- In And Then There Were None, Nega Gutrot tried to capture No Watch Ben only to be blocked by Build-A-Guy and then wiped out by the Chronosapien Time Bomb.
- In And Then There Was Ben, Nega Gutrot was brought back into existence by No Watch Ben as Clockwork.
- Animo Crackers (first appearance; accidental transformation)
- A New Dawn (cameo)
Naming and Translations
|Bulgarian||Гътрот||From the original English name|
|Chinese||毒气金刚||From 毒气 (Dú Qì), poisonous gas, and 金刚 (Jīn Gāng), Vajra|
|French||Proutor||From prout, a childish word for fart, and -or|
|German||Generott||From Generieren" , to generate and verrotten, to rott|
|Hebrew||גז פלוץ||From גז gas, and פלוץ fart, Fart Gas|
|Hungarian||Bélkór||From bél, gut, and kór, disease|
|Italian||Panciamarcia||From pancia, belly, and marcia, rotten|
|Polish||Gazior||From gaz, gas|
|Portuguese (Br)||Podrão||From podre, rotten|
|from energy intensive, From enrgo, energy, and fagul, phage|
|Russian||Гатрот||From the original English name|
|Spanish (HA)||Barrigobot||From barriga, belly, and the suffix -bot, robot|
Gutrot's name is a reference to "Rotgut", a name shared by several fictional characters. Rotgut is also a Prohibition-era slang term for homemade alcoholic beverages, alluding to Gutrot's ability to mix chemicals inside himself. "Gut rot" is also a slang for "stomachache".
- Derrick J. Wyatt came up with Gutrot,[DJW 13] having modeled his appearance and powers after Koffing from the Pokémon franchise.[DJW 14]
- Technically speaking, Gutrot's name was revealed by the future Dr. Animo.
- Gutrot went under the working name Rotgut.[DJW 15]
- Ironically, chemistry is one of Ben's weaker subjects, though Gutrot seems to be an expert on it.
- Gutrot's voice was inspired by Peter Falk's Columbo character.[DJW 16]
- Gutrot replaces 11-year-old Four Arms in the opening intro for Omniverse's Arc 5.
- Gutrot bears resemblance to the Sontarans from Doctor Who.
- Interestingly, the first story to feature the Sontarans since the show's revival in 2005 (The Sontaran Stratagem/The Poison Sky, both 2008) revolved around the Sontarans trying to convert the Earth's atmosphere into clone feed - a poisonous gas to humans.
- Gutrot can generate any gas seen in cartoons and comics, including a gaseous form of truth serum. However, there are some gases he may have to see to know how to make.[DJW 2]
- Gutrot is probably immune to freezing gases. However, he would still be vulnerable to gases as strong as liquid nitrogen.[DJW 17]
- When asked if he could create a cure for COVID-19, Derrick answered that Gutrot could make a sterilizing gas but not a vaccine.[DJW 18]
- Had Gutrot appeared in the reboot, he would be very useful because of his immunity to both the Forgeti's memory gas and Nanny Nightmare's baby powder.[DR 1]
- File:Benzarro Has Zombie Aliens.PNG
- File:Gutrot Can Many Any Kind of Gas.png
- File:Gutrot Can Replicate Kraab's Liquid.png
- File:Gutrot Can Pull Gases Through His Nozzles.PNG
- File:Gutrot Poison Gas Immunity.PNG
- File:Gutrot Acid Gas Immunity.PNG
- File:Gutrot Immune To Pesky Dust.PNG
- File:Gutrot In Space.png
- File:Gutrot Cannot Do Spores.png
- File:Gutrot Cannot Make HO12 Steam.png
- File:Ghostfreak Gas Absorption Immunity.png
- link unavailable
- File:Derrick Came Up With Bullfrag and Gutrot.png
- File:Gutrot Based on Koffing.png
- File:Rotgut Proof.png
- File:Gutrot Voice Inspiration.png
- File:Gutrot Vulnerable to Liquid Nitrogen.png
- File:Gutrot COVID-19.png