|This article belongs to the Classic Continuity|
|“||Gravity powers? Huh, nice!||”|
– Gravattack impressed with his powers.
- 1 Appearance
- 2 Powers and Abilities
- 3 Weaknesses
- 4 History
- 5 Appearances
- 6 Video Games
- 7 Naming and Translations
- 8 Etymology
- 9 Trivia
- 10 Notes
- 11 References
- 12 See Also
Ben as Gravattack
Being a silicon-based lifeform,[DJW 1] Gravattack is literally a living planet. He is a large, bulky, reddish-brown alien with rocky skin, a giant mouth with teeth that are also made of rocks,[DJW 2] and a molten lava planet core at the center of his body. His feet are tan with three toes, and he has three fingers and one thumb on each hand. He wears black shorts with green stripes, a green belt with white stripes and the Omnitrix symbol on his forehead.
Albedo as Negative Gravattack
Bad Ben as Bad Gravattack
Bad Ben's Gravattack is violet colored, his core is purple, and his eyes and Omnitrix symbol are mint green.
Powers and Abilities
Gravattack can control gravity to manipulate the weight and motion of objects, allowing him to suspend and levitate targets in the air, send them flying back or forth, or slam them down to the ground with hand gestures. His control over gravity allows him to change its direction, allowing him to telekinetically send targets flying upwards or across the air as if they were falling.
Gravattack can place objects into an orbital track, causing them to fly in circles at various speeds. When using his powers, he emits an aura of hazy energy[note 1] which he can also form into walls, barriers and domes.
Gravattack can use the laws of general relativity to his advantage and can reduce the speed of objects (or in some cases, creatures) to nothing even if they were moving at the speed of light before.
Gravattack can make matter or energy orbit around him whenever he manipulates his own gravity in order to levitate and retracts his limbs, curling his body to a planetoid sphere.
Because he is a living planetoid, Gravattack can survive in the vacuum of space.
With enough practice, Gravattack can create a Quasar.[DR 1]
If he takes large amounts of damage to his core, it can cause Gravattack immense pain. This will also make him to enter meltdown and explode, which can be dangerous enough to destroy the whole area he is in.
Gravattack's large body makes it hard for him to move in small spaces.
Sudden changes of mass can throw off Gravattack's orbit.
Gravattack cannot stop someone from using energy-based attacks.
If Gravattack manipulates the gravity of an opponent or object too much, he can accidentally create a black hole and will be unable to undo this despite his impressive ability to create it in the first place. There is also a structural limit that Gravattack's target reaches long before the fusion starts.[MW 1]
- Gravattack first appeared in A Jolt from the Past, where he defeated Fistrick and saved the Megawhatts with Rook's help.
- In Hot Stretch, Gravattack attempted to battle the Kraaho, but he reverted instantly.
- In Vilgax Must Croak, Gravattack defeated Attea, SixSix, SevenSeven, and EightEight.
- In While You Were Away, Gravattack defeated Sheriff Wat-Senn and Rook Shar.
- In Food Around the Corner, Gravattack helped negotiate a peace treaty between the Appoplexians and the Lewodans. However, the Hulex landed on him and they tried to destroy his core to make him explode. Fortunately, he was able to revert before this could happen.
- In For a Few Brains More, Gravattack was seen twice. Firstly, he broke out of the Proto-TRUK wreckage and fought Ultimate Albedo before being defeated by Negative Armodrillo. Afterwards, Negative Gravattack briefly appeared before going Ultimate.
- In And Then There Were None, Bad Gravattack failed to capture No Watch Ben and battled Astrodactyl and Build-A-Guy before being wiped out by the Chronosapien Time Bomb.
- In And Then There Was Ben, Bad Gravattack was brought back to existence by No Watch Ben as Clockwork.
- In The Rooters of All Evil, Gravattack defeated the Rooters.
- In Fight at the Museum, Gravattack used his powers to keep Exo-Skull stuck in the floor.
- In It's a Mad, Mad, Mad Ben World: Part 2, Gravattack argued with Dino-Mighty for not transforming him into Humungousaur before reverting the latter into Ben 23.
- In Let's Do the Time War Again, Gravattack chased and trapped the Time Beast, accidentally created a black hole in the process.
- In Malgax Attacks, Gravattack helped Max and Luhley escape from the Chimerian Hammer and traveled back to Galvan Prime with them.
- In A New Dawn, Gravattack appeared for a short time when Ben was cycling through his aliens.
- Season 1
- Season 3
- Season 4
- Season 6
- Season 7
- Season 8
- Season 4
- For a Few Brains More (cameo)
- Bad Ben
- Season 5
- Ben 10: Omniverse
Gravattack is a playable alien in the game (by 16-year-old Ben only). He is playable by 11-year-old Ben but only on DS and 3DS.
Gravattack is a playable alien in the game.
Naming and Translations
|Bulgarian||Граватак||From the original English name|
|Chinese||重力蟹霸||From 重力 (Zhòng Lì), gravity and 蟹霸 (Xiè Bà), crab|
|Dutch||Gravitonn||From Gravitonn, his concept name|
|French||Gravattack||From the original English name|
|German||Gravitonner||From gravitation, gravity, and tonne, ton|
|Greek||Βαρυτής||From βαρυτής, baritone|
|Korean||아머락||From 아머, armor, and 락, rock|
|Polish||Gravattack||From the original English name|
|Romanian||Granit, Graviton||From granit, granite|
|Russian||Граваттак||From the original English name|
|Spanish (HA)||Gravattack||From the original English name|
|Turkish||Yerçekimi saldırısı||From Yerçekimi, gravity and Saldırısı, attack|
Gravattack's name comes from the combination of "gravity", his main power, and "attack", the way he mainly uses said power.
- Gravattack's concept name was Graviton early on in production of Omniverse.[DJW 5][AC 1]
- The idea for Gravattack had already started by the time Derrick J. Wyatt joined the crew.[DJW 6] His powers were created before his design and name were conceived.[DJW 7]
- It was Derrick's idea for Gravattack to convert into a planetoid form.[DJW 8]
- Like Way Big, Gravattack's size is portrayed inconsistently in many of his appearances. This is due to a problem with the size comparisons.[DJW 9]
- Like the rest of his species, Gravattack is considered to be wise and patient.
- Gravattack was among the many aliens considered for the reboot, but ultimately it was decided he was too powerful for the earthbound villains to fight.[DR 2]
- Gravattack's voice started out on a deep note, but it eventually raised in pitch until it almost matched David Kaye's portrayal of Optimus Prime from Transformers: Animated.
- Gravattack's gravity aura was originally colored purple before being changed to green beginning in Vilgax Must Croak. Meanwhile, alternate versions of Gravattack are shown generating gravity auras in different colors. For example, Bad Ben's Gravattack generates a dark blue aura while both Negative Gravattack and 17-year-old Mutant Kevin generate red auras.
- Albedo's Ultimatrix contains the DNA of aliens that Ben had unlocked prior to Double or Nothing and is unable to add any more aliens.[DJW 3][DJW 4] Therefore, it is implied that Gravattack was one of the several aliens that Ben 10,000 unlocked for Ben Prime in Ben 10,000 Returns. This is further supported by Albedo being able to transform into Negative Gravattack.
Omniverse Series Master Brief
- File:Diamondhead, Chromastone and Gravattack Silicon.png
- File:DJW Interview 2.png
- File:Albedo Cannot Add More Aliens.png
- File:Feedback's DNA Not in Alteration Field.PNG
- File:Graviton Proof.PNG
- File:Gravattack Production.PNG
- File:Derrick's Contributions to OV Aliens.png
- File:Gravattack Size Comps Problem.PNG