|This article belongs to the Classic Continuity|
- 1 Appearance
- 2 Behavior
- 3 Powers and Abilities
- 4 Weaknesses
- 5 Notable Gourmands
- 6 Etymology
- 7 Trivia
- 8 References
Gourmands are a small species with short stubby limbs, four-fingered hands, three-toed feet, six tubular growths on the back of their head, and three sets of gill-like markings on their face. Two sub-species of Gourmands have yellow eyes and have at least three tongues.
Perk Gourmands are green all over, with a darker shade of green on the top of their head, and the same colour all over their backs and hands. They have very crooked teeth that appear outside the top of their mouth, forming an overbite.
Perk Gourmands wear metal cups on their heads like helmets, and fight with spoons.
Murk Gourmands are swampy-green, have tan bellies and muzzles, black digits and black-green spots on their tails, limbs, hips and back. Their eyes are sharper and pupil-less. Also, their teeth are now more aligned with visibly sharp canine teeth that appear outside the bottom of their mouth, an under-bite.
Murk Gourmands wear metal saucers to protect their heads and fight with forks.
The third sub-species of Gourmands is the Queen. So far she is the only example of a female of the species.
Perk Gourmands and Murk Gourmands do not normally get along with each other, due to their differing mindsets, though normally every Gourmand will obey and protect the Queen Gourmand without question.
Perk Gourmands are considered more thought-oriented and defense-minded, while Murk Gourmands are considered more action-oriented and attack-minded.
Generally speaking, Gourmands are not an aggressive race regardless of subspecies as their main thoughts revolve around eating.
The mere mention of food is enough to distract Gourmands.
Given the chance, a Gourmand will begin snacking on any kind of material in its vicinity.
Powers and Abilities
Gourmands have four very strong, adhesive tongues that can stretch to great lengths, allowing them to latch onto large objects and reel them in with relative ease. They can eat virtually any object or matter all the way up to the Ascalon.[DJW 2]
Gourmands' mouths can stretch, allowing them to swallow objects larger than themselves. They are connected with a trans-space bladder dimension where they store all the "food" they eat. Both Upchucks are connected to the Gourmand species and can sense any danger to his people through his stomach.
By breathing air out of their mouths, Gourmands are able to fly by expelling their breath downward and even survive in the vacuum of space, as seen after they ate their planet, they propelled themselves through space in search of another.
The items ingested by Gourmands are converted into explosive balls of liquids that can be expelled with great accuracy. The explosive power of these "loogies" depends on the chemical composition and overall size of what the Gourmand ate to create them.[pop-up 1]
Gourmands can make their "loogies" curve like a boomerang, shuriken, or frisbee. They can also fire powerful streams of their explosive vomit like an energy beam by building up digested matter and releasing it all at once.
Gourmands are able to take a surprising amount of punishment for a creature of their size, as shown when Upchuck took the force of a moving car impact, as well as survived after being thrown through a wall.
Gourmands have a limit to how many big objects they can swallow at once. They also become slow and excessively when they eat a lot of things. Otherwise, they are somewhat quick, considering their small size.
If a Gourmand does not spit out something they eat, they will get very fat and rendered immobile until they spit it out.
Despite being able to eat a Celestialsapien, Gourmands cannot gain the latter's powers in any form or way.[DJW 5]
- Perk Upchuck (the Omnitrix's DNA sample of a Perk Gourmand)
- Sergeant Cookmeister
- Murk Upchuck (the Omnitrix's DNA sample of a Murk Gourmand)
- Sergeant Cast Iron
- Private Brownbag
- Gourmand Actor
Notable Gourmand Hybrids
- Rook Blonko (temporarily ½ Perk Gourmand in Outbreak)
- Ultimate Kevin (part Murk Gourmand)
- Omniverse Flashback Kevin (1/11 Perk Gourmand)
- Big Chuck (½ To'kustar)
The name "Gourmand" is a French word meaning that you like to eat a large part of good meal.
In this regard, Perk Gourmands take Upchuck's original series design, while Murk Gourmands take Upchuck's Alien Force/Ultimate Alien design.
- There are three sub-species of Gourmands named Gourmand Perk, Gourmand Murk, and their Queen.[DJW 7]
- Queen Gourmand's DNA is not in the Omnitrix.
- The Perk Gourmands were named after Tom Perkins' original version of Upchuck and the Murk Gourmands were named after Glen Murakami's version seen in Alien Force.[TP 1]
- Gourmands don't have a natural predator because they are at the top of the food chain.[DJW 8]
- In the original series, Perk Gourmands were unable to consume human food.[pop-up 2] This was retconned in Omniverse, as they can now eat normal food as well as everything else.[DJW 9]
- Both Perk Gourmands and Murk Gourmands have the same abilities; neither of them have abilities exclusive to any one subspecies.[DJW 10]
- Derrick J. Wyatt prefers Perk Gourmands to Murk Gourmands, but likes them both.[DJW 11]
- During times of war, the Gourmands have a plan (known as Plan Omega) to eat their entire planet as a last resort, which can only be enforced by their Queen. Their way of thinking is that a planet cannot be conquered if there is no planet to conquer.
- Gourmands do not wear clothes because they are considered to be a primitive species that does not interact with other aliens.[DJW 12]
- If a Gourmand were to swallow the Chronosapien Time Bomb, nothing would happen.[DJW 13]
- File:Peptos XII Proof.PNG
- File:Upchuck Can Eat Ascalon.png
- File:Upchuck May Eat a To'kustar.png
- File:Upchuck Eat Celestialsapien.png
- File:Gourmands Cannot Copy Celestialsapiens.png
- File:Perk Gourmand Name Reference.png
- File:Gourmand Types.png
- File:Gourmands Top of the Food Chain.png
- File:Upchuck Can Eat Normal Food.PNG
- File:Perk and Murk Upchucks Share The Same Abilities.png
- File:Derrick Prefers Perks.PNG
- File:Species Who Do Not Wear Clothes.png
- File:Gourmands and Chronosapien Time Bomb.png