|This article belongs to the Classic Timeline|
Good Copy, Bad Copy is the sixteenth episode of Ben 10: Alien Force.
The Forever Knights run into their castle, fleeing from something chasing them. They seal the entrance and the thing breaks in, revealing itself to be Humungousaur. He crushes the Knights, ruining their castle, and proceeds to grab a Forever Knight. He transforms back into normal and asks the knight: "Where is Ben Tennyson?"
Gwen and Kevin use a piece of Ben's wreckage in order to track him to the castle, which has been torn to pieces. They see Jetray flying away and doesn't answer to them calling. A Forever Knight then tells them that Ben has attacked three of their castles, as well as a hive of DNAliens. Kevin doubts it, thinking Ben wouldn't go on missions without them.
Kevin and Gwen return to Ben's house and find Ben studying with Julie. He doesn't understand what they mean, and then Kevin points out that he isn't lying because Ben's left eye twitches when he lies. Ben realizes Julie ate all the chili fries and goes to Burger Shack to get more. The next scene shows Ben getting a pack of chili fries and leaves with terrible behavior, then another Ben gets a pack of chili fries and leaves with good behavior. When the second Ben gets out, he transforms into Big Chill and flies off.
Once Kevin and Gwen see and chase him, Ben transforms into Big Chill and chases Kevin and Gwen. The second Ben attacks another Forever Knight castle, before Kevin and Gwen arrive and help him defeat the Forever Knights, before they question him. Big Chill burps and transforms back into normal, claiming he is Ben. Big Chill arrives and transforms back into normal, and the second Ben reveals himself as Albedo of the Galvan. He then claims himself builder of the Omnitrix and that he must have it back.
Ben is suspicious, thinking that his Omnitrix was the only Omnitrix in the universe, and that a Galvan named Azmuth built the Omnitrix, as he saw in Ben 10: Secret of the Omnitrix, but Albedo claims that Azmuth is a liar. Albedo demands that Ben returns the Omnitrix, saying it is incomplete and has malfunctions, which could rip a hole in the fabric of the universe. Thinking he could be a Highbreed trying to trick him into losing the war, Ben tries to convince Albedo to show his face, but Albedo reveals he is stuck in Ben's human body because of his DNA fusing with Ben's due it being the default in the Omnitrix and being linked to his copy. When Ben asks how to remove the Omnitrix, he notices Albedo's twitching left eye and refuses. Albedo transforms into Jetray, grabbing Ben and taking him away. Ben transforms into Humungousaur in response. Kevin and Gwen combine their powers to attack Jetray and Humungousaur grabs him. Jetray manages to escape, but Gwen can track him because of the mana he left.
Gwen tracks Albedo to a computer factory. Ben leaves Gwen and Kevin while trying to surround Albedo, and Kevin tries to make sure which one is Ben by putting an X on his cheek, calling him "Ben X", but Ben erases it. Albedo arrives in the form of Goop, tricking Gwen and Kevin. When Ben arrives, Albedo catches them in packing foam.
Ben transforms into Goop, attacking Albedo. Albedo transforms into Humungousaur and defeats Goop. Goop transforms into Swampfire (Ben) and defeats Negative Humungousaur (Albedo) by throwing mud in his eyes. Meanwhile, Gwen tries to free Kevin. Negative Humungousaur transforms into Big Chill and freezes Swampfire. Swampfire transforms into Brainstorm and uses his electricity to attack Negative Big Chill, who transforms into Echo Echo (Albedo) and splits into six, using his sonic blasts to defeat Brainstorm. Brainstorm transforms into Jetray and destroys 4 of the Negative Echo Echos, Negative Echo Echo transforms into Spidermonkey and traps Jetray in a web. Jetray knocks Negative Spidermonkey away and transforms into Chromastone, breaking the web. He attempts to attack Negative Spidermonkey, but he transforms back into Ben when the Omnitrix times out. Negative Spidermonkey transforms back into Albedo, claiming he doesn't need an Omnitrix to defeat Ben, and he tries to punch him, as he does the same, but their Omnitrixes link, damaging Albedo's human form by sending out an energy pulse.
Azmuth appears and reveals Albedo was his assistant who created an inferior copy of the Omnitrix. Albedo believed Ben was unworthy to have the Omnitrix and wanted it for himself to restore his Galvan form. Azmuth states that the Omnitrix is beyond him and could have doomed everyone. Upset over how his former assistant put others in danger and wanted to use his creation on his own ways, Azmuth takes and disables Albedo's Omnitrix, trapping him in his human form as punishment for his arrogant act of rebellion and imprisons him in an unknown location. Albedo furiously shrieks that he hates Azmuth, as he disappears. Before leaving he reveals that someone else besides him thinks Ben is worthy of the Omnitrix.
In the next morning's test, Ben gets a C+. He thinks Azmuth not letting Albedo transform back into his Galvan form wasn't a good punishment, but in a cell, Albedo disagrees. Prison cell guard gives him his food, which is green stick. Filled with anger and revenge, Albedo vows that he will be free and will make Ben pay, but until that day, in his rage, he smashes green stick and he demands chili fries in his cell.
- Albedo appears for the first time and tries to take Ben's Omnitrix to become a Galvan again.
- Albedo and Ben's Omnitrix cause a bio-energy feedback, causing Albedo's form to turn negative.
- It is shown that whenever Ben tells a lie, his left eye twitches.
- Ben Tennyson
- Gwen Tennyson
- Kevin Levin
- Julie Yamamoto
- Azmuth (first reappearance)
- Carol Smith (cameo)
- Humungousaur (x2; first time was off-screen activation)
- Jetray (x2; first time was off-screen activation)
- Big Chill (x2)
- Goop (off-screen activation)
- Echo Echo
Naming and Translations
|French||Double Maléfique||Evil Copy|
|Hungarian||Jó másolat, rossz másolat||Good Copy, Bad Copy|
|Polish||Dobra kopia, Zła kopia||Good copy, Bad copy|
|Portuguese (Br)||Imitação Barata||Cheap Imitation|
|Spanish (HA)||Buena Copia, Mala Copia||Good Copy, Bad Copy|
|Spanish (Spain)||Copia Buena Copia Mala||Good Copy Bad Copy|
- Ben mentions Grey Matter when Albedo reveals he is a Galvan
- When Albedo claims that he created the Omnitrix, Ben corrects him by saying that Azmuth created it, which he learned in Secret of the Omnitrix.
- The title of the episode is based on the "Good cop, bad cop" routine used by the police.
- When Gwen talks to Ben at his house, part of her eyes is red in one shot.
- Throughout the entire episode, whenever Ben or Albedo activate their respective Omnitrixes, the aliens' holograms face away from them. Furthermore, Big Chill's hologram is cloaked on Albedo's Omnitrix but uncloaked on Ben's Omnitrix.
- When Albedo dodges Goop's attack, the stripes on his right shoulder are black.
- Before Albedo transforms into Humungousaur, the stripes on his right shoulder are missing.
- Both Big Chill and Brainstorm open their mouths.
- In one scene, Brainstorm's cranium plates are missing.
- Chromastone's mouth doesn't move when he cries out his name.
- In one scene, Albedo's Omnitrix is seen on his right wrist rather than the left.
- Albedo's shirt is black instead of white in two scenes, first when he says "He's here!" before Azmuth arrives, and again at one point when Albedo is in his cell.
- Like Ben, Julie likes chili fries.
- Julie is shown to be a clever student in Physics when she gets an A whereas Ben is shown to be a below-average student as he gets a C+ as a "good" grade for him, as Physics is his worst subject.
- It is revealed in a flashback in Trouble Helix that the first time Ben and Albedo met chronologically was four years prior to Alien Force, when Albedo was still in his Galvan form.
- At the end of the episode, when Azmuth states that alongside him, somebody else also thought that Ben was the true wielder of the Omnitrix, he is referring to Max, which would later be revealed in The Final Battle: Part 2, during Ben and Azmuth's conversation.
- The shot of Albedo smacking his Omnitrix to transform into Big Chill is taken from Ben's transformation into the same alien in Kevin's Big Score.
- From this episode onwards, Echo Echo's voice no longer has a robotic filter.
- The fight scene between Ben and Albedo in the computer factory was storyboarded by LeSean Thomas.[LT 1]
- In the storyboards, Swampfire is depicted with one of his concept designs instead of his final design.