|This article belongs to the Reboot Continuity|
Gax resembles Vilgax, however he has black armor that has a white stripe on the chest. He has spikes on his knees and shoulder pads and has six green tentacles dangling in the front of his face. His tentacles and arms fade into brown, and he wears black, fingerless gloves. He has green sacs on the side of his head and red eyes.
Gax wears the Omnitrix symbol on his chest.
Powers and Abilities
Gax can also project powerful laser beams from his eyes. His optical lasers are capable of starting fires if Gax chooses to do so.
Gax has shapeshifting arms that can change into a bunch of tentacles (five on each arm). These tentacles are very powerful and retain equal strength to his arms as a whole.
Gax is demonstrated to be a very skilled climber, using his sharp claws to dig into the ground.
- Gax first appeared in Omni-Tricked: Part 1, where he stopped Mount Megaladon from erupting and defeated the Terramite.
- In Omni-Tricked: Part 2, Gax saved some workers and met Phil.
- In Omni-Tricked: Part 3, Gax practiced his abilities and met Vil, who helped him master his abilities. Then he was locked by Vil, who fused Gax's abilities with himself to become Vilgax and restore his power.
Naming and Translations
|Russian||Гакс||From the original English name|
Gax's name is half of Vilgax's full name; this is a reference to the connection between the alien and his genetic donor.
- Gax shares some similarities with the classic continuity alien, Feedback:
- Both are additional aliens voiced by Yuri Lowenthal.
- Both quickly become Ben's favorite alien to the point that he is majorly excited to use their transformation over any other regardless of the situation.
- Both were removed from the Omnitrix by major villains, Gax being taken out by Vilgax and Feedback being taken out by Malware.
- Both each have their own theme song.
- Gax is also similar to Ghostfreak, as both were part of Ben's alien roster until they were removed and became villains; though Ghostfreak was really Zs'Skayr trapped within the Omnitrix while Gax was absorbed by "Vil".
- It is strongly implied that Gax was not actually removed, but rather locked, from the Omnitrix.[note 1] In fact, it is possible that Gax might return in a future season.[DR 1]
- When switching his arms into tentacles, each individual finger becomes a separate tentacle. Although often missing due to animation errors, Gax's gloves do not disappear when his arms become tentacles. They are worn by a fifth tentacle that does not form one of his fingers when part of a normal arm.
|Introduced in Season 1||Cannonbolt • Diamondhead • Four Arms • Gax • Grey Matter • Heatblast • Overflow • Stinkfly • Upgrade • Wildvine • XLR8|
|Introduced in Season 2||Rath • Shock Rock|
|Introduced in Season 3||Humungousaur • Slapback|
|Introduced in Season 4||Jetray|
|Omni-Enhanced Aliens||Cannonbolt • Diamondhead • Four Arms • Grey Matter • Heatblast • Overflow • Stinkfly • Wildvine • XLR8|
|Omni-Kix Aliens||Cannonbolt • Diamondhead • Four Arms • Heatblast • Humungousaur • Jetray • Rath • Shock Rock • Slapback • XLR8|
|Fusion Aliens||Amalgam Ben • Grey Arms • XLRArmBlastDiamondHeat|
|Non-Canon Aliens||Banana Alien • Hot Dog Alien • Mole-Stache|
|Non-Canon Fusion Aliens||Omnitrix Glitch Fusion • Rath Arms • Shock Blast|