|This article belongs to the Reboot Timeline|
|“||The true potential of this form is found only in a lifetime of the deliberate honing of one's raw strength. Which is why this power is rightfully mine!||”|
Gax resembled Vilgax, however, he had black armor that had a white stripe on the chest. He had spikes on his knees and shoulder pads and had six green tentacles dangling in the front of his face. His tentacles and arms faded into brown, and he wore black, fingerless gloves. He had green sacs on the side of his head and red eyes.
Gax wore the Omnitrix symbol on his chest.
Powers and Abilities
Gax is strong enough to lift the Rustbucket, a giant boulder, two giant trees, and a multitude of other aliens with relative ease. Technically speaking, he is physically stronger than Quad Smack, who is already stronger than regular Tetramands.
Gax can project powerful laser beams from his eyes that are capable of starting fires if he chooses to do so.
Gax has shapeshifting arms that could change into a bunch of tentacles (five on each arm) that were very powerful, retaining equal strength to his arms as a whole. This allows him to grab his opponents, run quickly, and swing great distances.
Gax has demonstrated to be a very skilled climber, using his sharp claws to dig into the ground.
Gax can telepathically sense parts of his DNA; this was how Vilgax was able to track down his missing half.
Gax is limited to how much damage he can take, as Vilgax gained burn marks on his skin from his near-death experience with lava.
If Gax is reckless with his lasers, it can cause fire damage.
- Gax first appeared in Omni-Tricked: Part 1, where he battled the Terramite until he reverted. Later, he stopped Mount Megaladon from erupting and defeated the Terramite.[note 1]
- In Omni-Tricked: Part 2, Gax saved some workers and met Phil.
- In Omni-Tricked: Part 3, Gax practiced his abilities and met Vil before the latter absorbed the transformation's DNA, locking it from the active playlist and restoring himself to Vilgax.[note 2]
- In Omni-Tricked: Part 4, Gax's DNA pod was "fixed" by Glitch using Shock Rock's DNA pod off-screen.[DR 2]
- In Animorphosis, Gax partially appeared when Dr. Animo was transforming.
- In Ben 10 Versus the Universe: The Movie, Gax appeared in video footage, in which he is mistaken for Vilgax.
- Animorphosis (partial; by Animo)
- Ben 10 Versus the Universe: The Movie (video footage)
Naming and Translations
|Portuguese (Br)||Gax||From the original English name|
|Romanian||Gax||From the original English name|
|Russian||Гакс||From the original English name|
|Spanish (HA)||Gax||From the original English name|
|Turkish||Gax||From the original English name|
Gax's name is an onomatopoeia of a throat clear.[DR 3] It is also half of Vilgax's full name, serving as a reference to the connection between the alien and his genetic donor.
- Gax shares some similarities with the Classic Timeline alien, Feedback:
- Both are additional aliens voiced by Yuri Lowenthal.
- Both quickly become Ben's favorite alien to the point that he is majorly excited to use their transformation over any other regardless of the situation.
- Both were removed from the Omnitrix by major villains, Gax being taken out by Vilgax and Feedback being taken out by Malware.
- Both have their own theme song.
- Gax is also similar to Ghostfreak, as both were part of Ben's alien roster until they were removed and became villains; though Ghostfreak was really Zs'Skayr trapped within the Omnitrix while Gax was absorbed by "Vil".
- Despite his DNA pod being repaired off-screen, Gax no longer exists within the Omnitrix.[DR 4] However, it is strongly implied on the show that Gax was locked rather than destroyed.[note 3]
- When switching his arms into tentacles, each individual finger becomes a separate tentacle. Although often missing due to animation errors, Gax's gloves do not disappear when his arms become tentacles. They are worn by a fifth tentacle that does not form one of his fingers when part of a normal arm.
- Gax's concept art resembles the second design of the classic timeline counterpart of Vilgax in the original series.
- Despite being introduced in the Reboot Timeline, Gax has been confirmed to have existed in the Classic Timeline.[DR 5][DR 6] However, his DNA was removed from the Omnitrix by the power surge on the Chimerian Hammer during the events of Secrets.[DR 7]
|Introduced in Season 1||Cannonbolt • Diamondhead • Four Arms • Gax • Grey Matter • Heatblast • Overflow • Stinkfly • Upgrade • Wildvine • XLR8|
|Introduced in Season 2||Rath • Shock Rock|
|Introduced in Season 3||Humungousaur • Slapback|
|Introduced in Season 4||Goop • Jetray • Way Big|
|Introduced in Season 5||Big Chill • Bloxx • Buzzshock • Chromastone • Ripjaws • Spidermonkey • Surge|
|Omni-Enhanced Aliens||Cannonbolt • Diamondhead • Four Arms • Grey Matter • Heatblast • Overflow • Stinkfly • Wildvine • XLR8|
|Omni-Kix Aliens||Cannonbolt • Diamondhead • Four Arms • Heatblast • Humungousaur • Jetray • Rath • Shock Rock • Slapback • XLR8|
|Omni-Naut Aliens||Heatblast • Jetray • Humungousaur • Shock Rock|
|Fusion Aliens||Amalgam Alien • Amalgam Ben • Grey Arms • XLRArmBlastDiamondHeat|
|Non-Canon Aliens||Banana Alien • Black Hat Alien • Hotdawg • Mole-Stache • Scooter Alien|
|Non-Canon Fusion Aliens||Omnitrix Glitch Fusion • Rath Arms • Shock Blast|